Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
Ragyo was like my favorite female anime villain, I dunno I just have a thing for female antagonists, especially when she looked so FABULOUS;
The anime ending in the predictable way I thought it would, like, Ragyo dying, everyone happy, etc.

I was expecting a more plot-twisty mindfuck psychological ending, like, maybe Ragyo is being mind controlled by the life fibers and she didn't really mean to do any of those things, I had hope once she and Ryuko were naked in space that she would come to her senses and come back to earth, but no she had to "kill" herself.

Will there be a sequel? A season 2? I don't believe Ragyo is really dead. I don't believe simply "crushing" her heart would kill her, she is a life fiber being after all. I feel like parts of her just scattered to somewhere else, along with Nui.

But there's something I've always been wondering. What made Ragyo like that? What made her into a life fiber being? Is she just an alien from outer space? Did someone inject life fibers into her when she was a child and corrupted her?

(there was an interesting theory/fanfiction someone posted on these forums regarding Ragyo that I liked)

LET'S TALK ABOUT RAGYO
CandeloroMar 28, 2014 9:10 PM
Mar 28, 2014 5:31 PM

Dec 2009
I think her death was alright. Instead of the typical 'NOOO HOW COULD THIS BEEEE AAAARGH *dies in explosion*' she kept her cool, stayed true to her ideals till the end and left the stage on her own accord.
Mar 28, 2014 5:38 PM

Oct 2013
Ok, let´s talk about the mother of the year

I liked her as a villain: Interesting when she had to be interesting, disgusting when disgusting, weird when weird...She will be missed, but f*ck I smiled when she broke her own heart.

No, there won´t be a S2, only a OVA that looks like a Slice-of-Life ep., focused on the graduation of Honouji, so not Ragyo for nevermore.But I really think she´s dead. Even when she can re-generate herself, I think it´s impossible to do that without heart, even if you are one with the LF.

About the reason she´s like that...Well, I just think she made a deal with the LF. They will gave her power and she would become their "representation" as a human being...I don´t know, it's somehting not explained, so the only thing we can do is talk about it.
Mar 28, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
I'll be honest here, i thought she was a terrible villain with no real defining character to her besides being a girl, she had a generic destroy the world goal with no motivation behind it nor helping the life fibers. Her personality was just "hur dur im evil" and nothing really more. the whole mother daughter battle thing could had been cool but with her being such an underdeveloped character so it felt really robotic in the end

Now villains dont always need to be overly sympathetic or even have a motivaiton past destroying the world if they are entertaining villain such as volgin from mgs or hazama from (the game fuck the anime) blazblue, but ragyou wasnt even that, she just showed up to be a hindrance and not even that good of one because of her lack of any defining personality. Here death was the only kind of cool thing that came out of her as a character.

there are much better female antagonists in my opinion.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 28, 2014 7:39 PM
Nov 2008
she was so badass that she didn't even let the hero kill her.
Mar 28, 2014 9:08 PM

Feb 2013
JizzyHitler said:
I'll be honest here, i thought she was a terrible villain with no real defining character to her besides being a girl, she had a generic destroy the world goal with no motivation behind it nor helping the life fibers. Her personality was just "hur dur im evil" and nothing really more. the whole mother daughter battle thing could had been cool but with her being such an underdeveloped character so it felt really robotic in the end

Now villains dont always need to be overly sympathetic or even have a motivaiton past destroying the world if they are entertaining villain such as volgin from mgs or hazama from (the game fuck the anime) blazblue, but ragyou wasnt even that, she just showed up to be a hindrance and not even that good of one because of her lack of any defining personality. Here death was the only kind of cool thing that came out of her as a character.

Her entire character was unique honestly, the way she was always elegantly dressed and always kept her cool and was bent on destroying the world while still wearing beautiful clothing. I admit they could have gave her more character development, more to the tragic backstory between her and Soichiro, and what corrupted her to become a vessel to the life fibers. Which is why it would be nice to have a sequel explaining all of that.

ichii_1 said:
The way she killed herself on her own terms was badass and her fashion sense is impeccable.

I was expecting just a funny action anime when I started watching klk but the plot twist at ep.18 got me like OH SHIT and the introduction of Ragyo as a character has never made me obsess over a fictional character like that before. I loved Ragyo so much, and her impeccable clothing and her elegance was part of why.
Mar 28, 2014 9:19 PM

Nov 2011
I imagined that KLK will end up of Ryuko becoming a Second Ragyo

Th3L4stW0lf said:

No, there won´t be a S2, only a OVA that looks like a Slice-of-Life ep., focused on the graduation of Honouji.

Judging by KLK previews in General ...Never Trust Them
Mar 28, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2014
Agree with you OP.

She was a great villain and quickly became my favourite female villain. Very, very few villains can match her presence (every light is on her so it's damn near impossible to steal her spotlight), and also a great theme to boot (this is of course very important).

I'm satisfied without too much backstory on her though. Her on screen presence more than makes up for it, kind of like the Joker.
Heartless and cruel, disciplinarian when necessary.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 28, 2014 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
Ragyo was an amazing character. Her fabulousness knew no bounds.
Her death was a bit disappointing, but she knew when she was defeated, and didn't want anyone to kill her and tarnish her greatness.
Mar 28, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
Th3L4stW0lf said:

I liked her as a villain: Interesting when she had to be interesting, disgusting when disgusting, weird when weird...She will be missed, but f*ck I smiled when she broke her own heart.

No, there won´t be a S2, only a OVA that looks like a Slice-of-Life ep., focused on the graduation of Honouji, so not Ragyo for nevermore.But I really think she´s dead. Even when she can re-generate herself, I think it´s impossible to do that without heart, even if you are one with the LF.

About the reason she´s like that...Well, I just think she made a deal with the LF. They will gave her power and she would become their "representation" as a human being...I don´t know, it's somehting not explained, so the only thing we can do is talk about it.

Let me just point out the fact that Satsuki stabbed her mother through the heart and she regenerated. I am guessing it's possible to recreate her heart. I doubt she would just kill herself when Ryuuko wanted to save her.
Mar 29, 2014 3:48 AM

Dec 2010
JizzyHitler said:

Its hard to find well developed villan in an action show. Guy from Psycho Pass was flat out bad. Kyuubey was kind of similar to Ragyou. Next Code Geass, Dragon Ball, even NGE. They all are power depraved, hurr dur im evil and they all want power/world destroy.

Not everythiing can be Berserk or Monster in the terms of character development.

Ragyou is not that bad. At last she got some neat characteristic. And her death was not typical "i gonna die with you, mhaahha" or "I will never loose, hurr durr suicidal attack".
Mar 29, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
she had a generic destroy the world goal with no motivation behind it nor helping the life fibers.

Not true. She wanted life fibers to live. Last episodes was about "procreation" (I don't know better word for it, atm. Sorry).

Candeloro said:

Will there be a sequel? A season 2? I don't believe Ragyo is really dead. I don't believe simply "crushing" her heart would kill her, she is a life fiber being after all. I feel like parts of her just scattered to somewhere else, along with Nui.

I don't think she is death but I don't think they would make sequel. Reviving senketsu and Ragyou/Nui would be... little troublesome. They had to create a lot of stuffs (creation of original life fibers, maybe?)

ps. @Candeloro, I agree with you. Her appearance fit her veeery well.
Mar 29, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
Deventh said:
Th3L4stW0lf said:

Let me just point out the fact that Satsuki stabbed her mother through the heart and she regenerated. I am guessing it's possible to recreate her heart. I doubt she would just kill herself when Ryuuko wanted to save her.

there is the point. As Inmuta said, strong life-fibers are only "dead" when cutted from boths sides at the same time. Ragyo got stabbed (one side cut), so it could be regenerated...But, about the end scene, when she breaks her heart, whe see that she "breaks" also into life fibers, just like Nonon...

Well...Right now I realize MAYBE Ragyo is still alive...Just MAYBE

tearofmankind said:
Guy from Psycho Pass was flat out bad.

I know this post is about KlK and not Psycho-Pass...But I must say that I find Makishima one of the greates anime villains I've ever seen.
Mar 29, 2014 8:28 AM
Mar 2014
Th3L4stW0lf said:
Deventh said:
Th3L4stW0lf said:

there is the point. As Inmuta said, strong life-fibers are only "dead" when cutted from boths sides at the same time. Ragyo got stabbed (one side cut), so it could be regenerated...But, about the end scene, when she breaks her heart, whe see that she "breaks" also into life fibers, just like Nonon...

Well...Right now I realize MAYBE Ragyo is still alive...Just MAYBE

tearofmankind said:
Guy from Psycho Pass was flat out bad.

I know this post is about KlK and not Psycho-Pass...But I must say that I find Makishima one of the greates anime villains I've ever seen.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/a4BgoRcTIWQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Look at the size of the hole in her body. There is no way her heart wasn't freaking destroyed all sides. She must have regenerated it.
Mar 29, 2014 8:34 AM
Nov 2008
JizzyHitler said:

the fact that she pissed you off so much proves that she's a great villain. she sure did her job as an evil antagonist well..
Mar 29, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
You can clearly see Raygou showing a bit of a human motherly compassion when she was fighting Ryuuko in the final battle which is good, though I didn't really want to see her take her own life.
Mar 30, 2014 1:32 AM

May 2012
ShanaFlame said:
You can clearly see Raygou showing a bit of a human motherly compassion when she was fighting Ryuuko in the final battle which is good, though I didn't really want to see her take her own life.

She's so twisted as a mother.
Not one ounce of that human mother compassion counts, she was going all out fighting her daughter instead of holding back.
Mar 30, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
sentience said:
ShanaFlame said:

Not one ounce of that human mother compassion counts, she was going all out fighting her daughter instead of holding back.

That is not true at all. She had some kindness in her heart and she wanted to convert her daughters to her cause as well, but didn't work out in the end. She was mostly twisted by the life fibers, but she still had some humanity within her.
Mar 30, 2014 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
Deventh said:
sentience said:
ShanaFlame said:

That is not true at all. She had some kindness in her heart and she wanted to convert her daughters to her cause as well, but didn't work out in the end. She was mostly twisted by the life fibers, but she still had some humanity within her.

I was hoping that they would go that angle but they eventually didn't fully follow through. I did like when she said she was "pulling her punches" due to her humanity...and that last exchange with her and Ryuko. It would have been more fulfilling to me to see Ragyo actually saved from the clutches of the life fibers that possessed her...but ultimately, it seemed she was either too far gone or just insane.
Apr 2, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2010
I never thought I'd see a female anime villain as absolutely psychotic as Gyouken of Magi, but boy did Ragyo prove me wrong. I mean Gyouken is super creepy when it came to her sons, but Ragyou sexually abused her own daughters.

Also, Deventh, we don't know for a fact that Ragyo became twisted from the life fibers. She could've been like that from the start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 2:47 AM

Dec 2007
I like how Ragyo molested her own daughters every time.
...But it's cool if it only happens in anime.
Apr 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Mar 2014
ragyou is so badass , what make her more badass is her OST and her rainbow hair xD she is just so Fabulous
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2014 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
tearofmankind said:
JizzyHitler said:

Its hard to find well developed villan in an action show. Guy from Psycho Pass was flat out bad. Kyuubey was kind of similar to Ragyou. Next Code Geass, Dragon Ball, even NGE. They all are power depraved, hurr dur im evil and they all want power/world destroy.

Not everythiing can be Berserk or Monster in the terms of character development.

Ragyou is not that bad. At last she got some neat characteristic. And her death was not typical "i gonna die with you, mhaahha" or "I will never loose, hurr durr suicidal attack".

Lol wut? Makishima's main goal was to make a mockery of the government's flaws system.. Not ever DB villain is the way you stated.. Frieza is regarded as an iconic anime/manga villain and he wasn't a mindless person just bent on destroying the world.. His main goal was obtaining eternal life to keep his empire afloat and due to his fear and paranoia of being killed by a more powerful being.. He was a businessman on the surface and a broken person underneath.. I don't see any similarities between Kyuubey or Ragyo.. Kyuubey literally didn't understand jack about human emotions..He couldn't.. To him he was doing the right thing and higher powers but obviously middle school girls wouldn't like it.. Ragyo wanted to convert the planet into a life fiber so it could grow.. She knew what she was doing and didn't care.. She may have had some kindness in her heart .. Like wanting her daughters on her side but the anime didn't expand on that

I think Ragyo was one of the best female villains along with Nui.. Some characters don't need backstory to be good villains..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.