Forum Settings
Forums

Why wont anime fans wanna watch an anime over 300 episodes???

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 7:24 AM
Mar 2011
mondern day anime fans are lazy people
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 27, 2014 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
FGAU1912 said:

That's ironic because normally watching anime all day long is a good indication of being lazy.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 27, 2014 7:41 AM
Mar 2011
skyzblue said:
FGAU1912 said:

That's ironic because normally watching anime all day long is a good indication of being lazy.

way to miss understand what i mean [ i mean is they have no staying power]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 27, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
romagia said:
anders160196 said:
Because I don't want to spend all my time watching just 1 anime, when i could be watching a lot of shorter animes.
i came to this thread to say just that
watching ten 26 episode shows is a better time investment than watching just one with 260 episode
Disagree, the amount of enjoyment you could have, attachment to the characters, is way better with larger anime. Every type of anime has it's pros and cons.

Cheryll_ said:
because long shows suck ass and it's gonna take a loooooong time to catch up especially when you have a life waiting for you. c:
Yes because catching up is the most important thing when you watch an anime. Who gives a shit about enjoying the anime, that's for losers.
Mar 27, 2014 8:38 AM
Dec 2013
In my opinion should everyone who likes shounen watch One Piece etc. They may be long but its definetely worth it.

But yeah I think that most of the people just do not want to invest that much time.

And everyone who says something about life, should just be quit and grow up. Can't stant those comments lol.
Mar 27, 2014 8:39 AM
Mar 2011
Dageki said:
In my opinion should everyone who likes shounen watch One Piece etc. They may be long but its definetely worth it.

But yeah I think that most of the people just do not want to invest that much time.

And everyone who says something about life, should just be quit and grow up. Can't stant those comments lol.

no staying power

Mar 27, 2014 8:47 AM
Jan 2014
The only anime I've watched with over 300 episodes is naruto and the only reason being because I've been following it since it aired, although I stopped watching naruto a long time ago.

I just don't have patience anymore to sit and watch an anime for more then 25+ episodes unless i'm trully enjoying it.
Mar 27, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
Because 300+ episodes = months to years of dedicated watching. Ain't nobody got time for that.
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Mar 27, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
TCTriangle said:
Because 300+ episodes = months to years of dedicated watching. Ain't nobody got time for that.
No, 300 episodes can be done in less than 2 weeks.
Mar 27, 2014 8:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Takes too long, gets too repetitive, boring watching the same thing for all eternity, tends to have tons of fillers, story arcs instead of an actual beginning and ending etc etc...
Mar 27, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
TCTriangle said:

Possible yes, if you have a lot of time on your hands that is. Spend 10 hours watching it a day and you should be done in 12 days.
lol this reminds me that I used to do this with yugioh, naruto/shippuden and bleach in that order (I had a lot of time on my hands back then indeed)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 27, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Takes too long, gets too repetitive, boring watching the same thing for all eternity, tends to have tons of fillers, story arcs instead of an actual beginning and ending etc etc...
Has watched no anime over 300 episodes long. And only 2 over 100 episodes long, of the same franchise.
Mar 27, 2014 9:03 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
HaXXspetten said:
Has watched no anime over 300 episodes long. And only 2 over 100 episodes long, of the same franchise.

he is a typical younger gen anime fan

Mar 27, 2014 9:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
HaXXspetten said:
... and why do you think that is the case?
Mar 27, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2010
FGAU1912 said:
Yeah, typical. Almost feel sorry for the boy.

HaXXspetten said:
IntroverTurtle said:
HaXXspetten said:
Because it says so on your list and I believe I've seen some of your posts. Are you saying not so? That you're still watching an anime for all eternity?
Mar 27, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
FGAU1912 said:

HaXXspetten said:
IntroverTurtle said:
HaXXspetten said:
Because it says so on your list and I believe I've seen some of your posts. Are you saying not so? That you're still watching an anime for all eternity?

Some people just don't like watching long series, and I can't blame them for it. While it is easy to just watch them weekly, it is quite intimidating at first to start watching some really long show like One Piece. In return for this they can be quite a lot of fun to watch though
Mar 27, 2014 9:10 AM
Mar 2011
Tyrantarmy6 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
FGAU1912 said:

HaXXspetten said:
IntroverTurtle said:
HaXXspetten said:

Some people just don't like watching long series, and I can't blame them for it. While it is easy to just watch them weekly, it is quite intimidating at first to start watching some really long show like One Piece. In return for this they can be quite a lot of fun to watch though

why do you think there is alot of shoeter anime to day

Mar 27, 2014 9:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
We've had this exact discussion like 3 times now.

Okay, I get it; I shouldn't judge what I haven't seen, I'm aware of that but fact of the matter is I still have absolutely zero desire or intention to watch those kind of anime and I'm sorry but that's not gonna change no matter what you say. I'm not claiming to be right, just standing firm that that's the way it is.

OT: I don't think very many people are able to watch 300 eps in 2 weeks though, that's a bit too much :3
Mar 27, 2014 9:12 AM
Mar 2011
Nikoreo said:
What I never got is how people who only watch long-runners go so far to chastise others just because they can't dedicate their time to something that is time consuming because they have other things to do in their lives instead of watch anime and perhaps are better off with the shorter series that they can finish in a week or two.

i watch both thank you

Mar 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
TCTriangle said:

Pussy or crappy chinese cartoons? Hmmmm...

Your life has got to suck if you have that much time to waste watching anime.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Mar 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2010
Tyrantarmy6 said:
Never said there weren't. I'm just grilling him because of his ignorant comments. And for some people it's not intimidating. I used to search for longer and longer anime. The stories were more interesting, you can become way more attached to the characters, etc. Like I said everything has it's pros and cons.

HaXXspetten said:
We've had this exact discussion like 3 times now.

Okay, I get it; I shouldn't judge what I haven't seen, I'm aware of that but fact of the matter is I still have absolutely zero desire or intention to watch those kind of anime and I'm sorry but that's not gonna change no matter what you say. I'm not claiming to be right, just standing firm that that's the way it is.

OT: I don't think very many people are able to watch 300 eps in 2 weeks though, that's a bit too much :3
So you haven't watched anymore long runners?

I have no intention on making you watch long runners, I don't care about that. Just calling you out on those ignorant comments, hoping you'll stop. I would have never said something if you said they don't interest you and you'll probably never watch them.

Actually I think that number is higher than you think. It's quite fun and easy when you have the time.
Mar 27, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
MajinSaga said:

Pussy or crappy chinese cartoons? Hmmmm...

Your life has got to suck if you have that much time to waste watching anime.

Says the guy who spends time on a online forum devoted for something he thinks is crappy. I also doubt that you ever got laid.

But yeah, 300 eps in 2 weeks is pretty stupid and can only be accomplished if you have no life.
Mar 27, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
The BIGGEST reason not to watch anime over 300+ is because, simply put, its a waste of time. Unless you love the characters of that show, I see no reason why to even bother. The only long-running show I've enjoyed is Fairy Tail, but even it had tons of useless fillers which I had to skip.

If these long-running shows progressed the story with every episode, it'd be more worthwhile to watch them. But at this point everyone knows that long series have to milk it by adding fillers.
Mar 27, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2010
Kalisto said:
The BIGGEST reason not to watch anime over 300+ is because, simply put, its a waste of time. Unless you love the characters of that show, I see no reason why to even bother. The only long-running show I've enjoyed is Fairy Tail, but even it had tons of useless fillers which I had to skip.

If these long-running shows progressed the story with every episode, it'd be more worthwhile to watch them. But at this point everyone knows that long series have to milk it by adding fillers.
Fairy Tail has like 7 episodes of filler in the first 125 episodes(which is where your list says you are). I don't how that would be tons.
Mar 27, 2014 9:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Actually I think that number is higher than you think. It's quite fun and easy when you have the time.
I think you're kinda missing the point here... it's not a matter of willpower or dedication, it's just a matter of even having the option in the first place.

300 episodes takes roughly 100 hours of time to watch (~20 min eps if you skip OP/EDs normally). Over two weeks, that would be 10 work days and 4 weekend days. Now if I got home from work, had dinner and then literally did nothing but non-stop watch anime until I went to bed, I could do that for roughly 4 hours or so per day. Take that x10 and we're at 40. So over those 4 weekend days I'd have to watch 60 hours of anime, I.E. 15 per day pure watch-time not counting breaks etc. And you're saying it's 'quite fun and easy' to raise that number even higher? I mean it's just... how lol.

Well anyway that asides if you're interested in watching let's say 10-15 of the series airing the current season that's more than enough to take up all the time you're willing and able to spend on anime for your spare time. Or at least I reckon that's the way it is for the vast majority of people.
Mar 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
Kalisto said:

FT 34 filler episodes out of 175. That doesn't seem like ton. If your problem is fillers, why not just continue to skip them.
Mar 27, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
I dropped many of the long series ages ago. I kept watching Detective Conan until I started reading the manga, which is when I dropped the anime. I simply don't have the time nor the commitment to watch long running series like One Piece anymore.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 27, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
HaXXspetten said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I think you're kinda missing the point here... it's not a matter of willpower or dedication, it's just a matter of even having the option in the first place.

300 episodes takes roughly 100 hours of time to watch (~20 min eps if you skip OP/EDs normally). Over two weeks, that would be 10 work days and 4 weekend days. Now if I got home from work, had dinner and then literally did nothing but non-stop watch anime until I went to bed, I could do that for roughly 4 hours or so per day. Take that x10 and we're at 40. So over those 4 weekend days I'd have to watch 60 hours of anime, I.E. 15 per day pure watch-time not counting breaks etc. And you're saying it's 'quite fun and easy' to raise that number even higher? I mean it's just... how lol.

Well anyway that asides if you're interested in watching let's say 10-15 of the series airing the current season that's more than enough to take up all the time you're willing and able to spend on anime for your spare time. Or at least I reckon that's the way it is for the vast majority of people.
I said if you have the time. If you have to work everyday then obviously you don't have the time to do that. I don't even see why you brought it up. I said it's not as uncommon as you think, there are a lot of highschoolers and the such on here that do like watching long anime fast.
Mar 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I agree with you that not everyone has the time, but don't forget that even in that situation there's always the option of keeping at it for a looooong time xD
Whether you want to or not is a different matter though

Edit: why am I even posting so much in this thread? lol
Mar 27, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Kalisto said:

Fairy Tail has like 7 episodes of filler in the first 125 episodes(which is where your list says you are). I don't how that would be tons.

I'm actually on 170, my bad for not updating. I'm a little reluctant to find out how this season ends.

But anyway, there were a lot more fillers than just 7. And worse than that, there were filler arcs. (Such as a the Jiggly Butt Gang...or that girl that tried to make a robotic dragon.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that some people might get turned off by long series when they run into these fillers, because in my opinion, they bring down the overall quality of the show.
Mar 27, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
Kalisto said:

I hate fillers as much as the next guy but they are necessary to keep the anime from catching up to the manga. Short anime that catch up to their manga counterparts usually have to end with an anime only ending that is usually not as satisfying as the manga ending. I rather an anime with filler but at the end of the day fully adapts the manga than an anime with no filler but an alternate ending that is not as satisfying as the manga ending.
Mar 27, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
tsudecimo said:
Kalisto said:

FT 34 filler episodes out of 175. That doesn't seem like ton. If your problem is fillers, why not just continue to skip them.

I do skip them, but there are some people that, once they get started on a show, will see it through to the very end. And perhaps its those people that say no to long series because they know they will have to put up with fillers.

And if not fillers, then there's the episodes that progress very, very slowly with lots of info-dumping. Such as the first 20 episodes of Bleach.
Mar 27, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2010
Kalisto said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kalisto said:

I'm actually on 170, my bad for not updating. I'm a little reluctant to find out how this season ends.

But anyway, there were a lot more fillers than just 7. And worse than that, there were filler arcs. (Such as a the Jiggly Butt Gang...or that girl that tried to make a robotic dragon.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that some people might get turned off by long series when they run into these fillers, because in my opinion, they bring down the overall quality of the show.
Of course there were more than 7 if you are counting the ones in all 170 of the episodes. I was going off of 125 because that's what it said in your list. That's where you start the biggest filler arc.

And like 20% is not tons.

Then just say that. What's up with all these people trying to blow things out of proportions just to prove their point. There's a limit to exaggeration before you just sound ignorant. And I say they have to have filler or else the series wouldn't be able to continue.
Mar 27, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Jody32 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Kalisto said:

I hate fillers as much as the next guy but they are necessary to keep the anime from catching up to the manga. Short anime that catch up to their manga counterparts usually have to end with an anime only ending that is usually not as satisfying as the manga ending. I rather an anime with filler but at the end of the day fully adapts the manga than an anime with no filler but an alternate ending that is not as satisfying as the manga ending.
Though what you say does hold merit, sometimes too much filler can be put in, that said they are still easily skippable.
Exactly, considering most shonen anime now try to have fillers separate from the canon story the fillers are easily skippable, it's not like DBZ where the filler was greatly integrated into the canon.
Mar 27, 2014 9:53 AM

Jul 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Kalisto said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kalisto said:

Of course there were more than 7 if you are counting the ones in all 170 of the episodes. I was going off of 125 because that's what it said in your list. That's where you start the biggest filler arc.

And like 20% is not tons.

Then just say that. What's up with all these people trying to blow things out of proportions just to prove their point. There's a limit to exaggeration before you just sound ignorant. And I say they have to have filler or else the series wouldn't be able to continue.

I wasn't trying to exaggerate. My bad if I'm coming off sounding as if I'm trying to state that my opinion > everyone else's. I'm only stating how I feel to give people an idea of why someone might say no to a series that's 300+.

And to me, 30 episodes of fillers is a lot. I watch anime to be entertained and I find that fillers don't really do that for me. That's why I'd rather just watch shorter series, since they seem to never have fillers.
Mar 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2012
What is this? Anime fans dissing the introvert lifestyle? #PlotTwist
Mar 27, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2010
Kalisto said:
I wasn't trying to exaggerate. My bad if I'm coming off sounding as if I'm trying to state that my opinion > everyone else's. I'm only stating how I feel to give people an idea of why someone might say no to a series that's 300+.

And to me, 30 episodes of fillers is a lot. I watch anime to be entertained and I find that fillers don't really do that for me. That's why I'd rather just watch shorter series, since they seem to never have fillers.
It's no big deal.

Ok, and well that matters what fillers you watch. Not all are created equal, not all suck. Though that's not true. You just don't notice them, the last 3 episodes of Noragami were fillers, half of Fullmetal Alchemist. A lot of short anime deviate from the manga. People just don't care about it.
Mar 27, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
The long episode count may intimidate them. Their loss - there are many advantages to watching long running series.
Mar 27, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2013
skuka said:
The long episode count may intimidate them. Their loss - there are many advantages to watching long running series.

Like?
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 27, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?

If you end up enjoying a long running series, you'll know for a fact that it won't end anytime soon.
Mar 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?
Being able to spend more time with the characters and story you like, becoming more attached to the characters, having a new episode to watch every week, etc.
Mar 27, 2014 10:34 AM
Dec 2013
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?

Not having to worry about finishing it quickly.
Mar 27, 2014 10:34 AM

Jun 2007
Yet virtually all shows with 300+ episodes and available translations are quite popular in the fandom. You're just taking anecdotes of some people who hesitate/refuse to watch them and extrapolating too far.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Mar 27, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
Its a huge investment of time, that used to scare me off.
Mar 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?
Can allow for more character growth. You can witness the MC as a weakling when he was a child and watch him grow to adulthood or teenagehood and become top dog. Also allows for more story expansion.
Mar 27, 2014 10:38 AM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
Yet virtually all shows with 300+ episodes and available translations are quite popular in the fandom. You're just taking anecdotes of some people who hesitate/refuse to watch them and extrapolating too far.

most of the better ones are underrated

Mar 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Zalis said:

Such as?
Mar 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?
Being able to spend more time with the characters and story you like, becoming more attached to the characters, having a new episode to watch every week, etc.

By watching a number of short shows, the greater the chance of liking more number of stories, and having a bigger array of likable characters.

The attachment to the characters depends how well they are written/potrayed and not primarily on the length.

At one point, you need to see the story end. For the sake of more episodes, if the story becomes repetitive, its a bit disappointing and it damages the overall essence of the anime.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Mar 2011
Ckan said:
FGAU1912 said:
Zalis said:

Such as?

manga nippon mukashi banashi [ this show should ot need subs] if you have the most basic under Standing of Japanese you will understbad this show [ well if you knpw the stroies it helps too

Mar 27, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2010
skyzblue said:
IntroverTurtle said:
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

Like?

By watching a number of short shows, the greater the chance of liking more number of stories, and having a bigger array of likable characters.

The attachment to the characters depends how well they are written/potrayed and not primarily on the length.

At one point, you need to see the story end. For the sake of more episodes, if the story becomes repetitive, its a bit disappointing and it damages the overall essence of the anime.
Yet if you like the story or characters in a long anime, you can spend more time with them. That was my point.

Not primarily but length really helps out. Like Gero said, you can also see a more paced way to see them grow up.

No, it doesn't really. But I also never said that it didn't have to, I just said having an anime to watch each week is a nice thing. I felt the same way with Uchuu Kyoudai, Toriko, etc that have already ended(or about to end). And of course that matters which anime you watch. Some anime get better with length.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - May 3

26 by tappioca »»
52 seconds ago

Poll: » What makes you rewatch an anime

nishant0 - Apr 5

30 by mahyur »»
59 seconds ago

» Opinion on yaoi ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

draculalover666 - Jan 20, 2022

322 by tappioca »»
1 minute ago

» Your favorite anime OP ( 1 2 )

Goblingaming - May 3

50 by tappioca »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that reignited your passion for watching

Cammell - May 3

15 by tappioca »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.