Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's confirmed! The Invisible Thing sealed by Touma's Imagine Breaker IS the same Dragon King from the Deep Blood Volume of Index!!
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Mar 24, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
Hell yeah that friggin IT makes a sudden reappearance !

And apparentely the Shadow Metal is not just a rumor.
Mar 26, 2014 11:34 PM
Jan 2013
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragon Arm is 4 Real!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
>No bra Misaki
>No pan Kuroko
>Naked Misaka
Fuyukawa pls.

So that attack was kinda like a secondary effect of Misaka's powers then since Touma's arm was blown away and IB didn't negate it. Still it was a pretty clean cut. But damn, dragon arm appears. This will surely cause more discussion about IB and that thing. Damn you Kamachi.
Take note though that both times we saw it as a dragon was inside AC(Izzard and here) and it's invisible when it manifested outside(WW3 and Baggage City). This should be a good starting point for the discussion.

And there was a checklist somewhere with all the girls around Touma and different criterias like have they visited his house and have their chests been touched/groped.
Cross out seeing her naked there. Now all that's missing is her getting punched.

So now what? What issue is left for this arc?
Mar 27, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
belatkuro said:
>No bra Misaki
>No pan Kuroko
>Naked Misaka
Fuyukawa pls.

So that attack was kinda like a secondary effect of Misaka's powers then since Touma's arm was blown away and IB didn't negate it. Still it was a pretty clean cut. But damn, dragon arm appears. This will surely cause more discussion about IB and that thing. Damn you Kamachi.
Take note though that both times we saw it as a dragon was inside AC(Izzard and here) and it's invisible when it manifested outside(WW3 and Baggage City). This should be a good starting point for the discussion.

And there was a checklist somewhere with all the girls around Touma and different criterias like have they visited his house and have their chests been touched/groped.
Cross out seeing her naked there. Now all that's missing is her getting punched.

After some careful reading, imo IT and that Dragon(?) is a separate entity. On Izzard arc, the IT was deflecting the swords and guillotines(if IT is the Dragon(?) then it must had been visible since the arm cut), and on World War 3 arc

p.s : i used (?) because i'm not really sure if it really is a dragon

Apparantely being seen naked is an obligatory moment for Touman's girls lol. About her getting punched or not,
Mar 27, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
Touma using Guts, Gunha confirmed for new harem member. All he needs to do now is punch him.

Jeez, that Liquid Shadow's range is ridiculous. Still, >20 specific gravity seems way too restrictive. Wonder what she's using for it.

Mar 27, 2014 11:08 PM
Mar 2012
YESSSS! THE DRAGON KING! I'm just really sad everything resolved so quickly.
Mar 27, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
TouMan is so awesome!!
Gunha +1 to Touma's harem c;
Shadow Metal....I can see this coming to a new arc...
Mar 28, 2014 12:04 AM

Aug 2010
Epic chapter :D

Mikoto got seen naked by TouMan and she didn't even have time to react (^_^)b

Didn't expect she'll be there to witness the Dragon King. And Touma's arm regrowing. She'll probably think she was imagining things.

Loved Gunha's reaction to Touma's gutz this chap.

"I didn't expect a dragon to come out. Now that's what I call guts" - Gunha

Hilarious words XD +1 to the Bro harem with Accel and Thor :P

So no Touma meet Misaki :( someday!!! Kamachi and his damn teasing >.<
Mar 28, 2014 12:06 AM

Nov 2011
And Touman saves the day. Nice. That arm is one hell of a phenomenon. 5/5/5/5
Mar 28, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing chapter. That dragon came out of nowhere, is that stuff in the actual Index novels too?
Mar 28, 2014 12:57 AM

Feb 2009
Tyrel said:
Amazing chapter. That dragon came out of nowhere, is that stuff in the actual Index novels too?
Yes.
Mar 28, 2014 1:55 AM
Dec 2012
I would like to see TouMAN vs Gunha
Mar 28, 2014 7:12 AM

Jun 2010
That fucking dragon appeared again.

And that metal. Questions. So many questions.

Mar 28, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
That moment when you cant stop smiling because you know shit got real when he lost his arm.

Hakuryuukou said:
belatkuro said:
>No bra Misaki
>No pan Kuroko
>Naked Misaka
Fuyukawa pls.

After some careful reading, imo IT and that Dragon(?) is a separate entity. On Izzard arc, the IT was deflecting the swords and guillotines(if IT is the Dragon(?) then it must had been visible since the arm cut), and on World War 3 arc

p.s : i used (?) because i'm not really sure if it really is a dragon

Apparantely being seen naked is an obligatory moment for Touman's girls lol. About her getting punched or not,

No.That was Stiyl using his powers to create optical illusions.LN:

As for WW3 it's supposed to be his willpower.The story makes a point of him no knowing about his powers.Him intentionally using one is out of the picture.

As for the Dragon King and IT being separated powers..I dont think so.I think it is like Belatkuro said.The place it manifests changes its appearance.But reading Vol2 again I saw that the Dragon is transparent.
"It was supposed to be a monster created by Aureolus’ fear of Kamijou. That was the logical analysis. But, in that situation, had Aureolus Izzard truly imagined that there was a transparent King Dragon’s head living exploding out of Kamijou’s right shoulder?
The likelihood was low but what if, just what if, that monster was unrelated to Aureolus’ powers?"
And in the manga, the place where his arm was cut is visible through the Dragon's body.

But what exactly is the difference between AC and everywhere else?I mean ,Aleister's plan was never fulfilled so....

Tyrel said:
From volume 2:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/0/05/Index_v02_297.jpg

I am wondering how will everyone forget about this......

The most important thing of all
Gunha is actually smart when it isnt about his powers.....
ssjokgMar 28, 2014 2:01 PM
Mar 28, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
As for the Dragon King and IT being separated powers..I dont think so.I think it is like Belatkuro said.The place it manifests changes its appearance.But reading Vol2 again I saw that the Dragon is transparent.
I guess I should have said formless. In AC it had a form of a dragon. But outside it was just formless. If it had some form then the narration, as well as Fiamma and Othinus, would have described it as a dragon as well. Though if it's truly invisible, how could Gunha have seen in and even knew it has that form. The page was kinda detailed to imply it had some clear solid form. The first time it appeared it was covered in Kamijou's blood so Izzard and Stiyl saw it that way.

ssjokg said:
But what exactly is the difference between AC and everywhere else?I mean ,Aleister's plan was never fulfilled so....
AIM probably since AC is full of it and there's none outside.
What this means or how it relates to the Dragon King, no clue.
Mar 28, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
I guess I should have said formless. In AC it had a form of a dragon. But outside it was just formless. If it had some form then the narration, as well as Fiamma and Othinus, would have described it as a dragon as well. Though if it's truly invisible, how could Gunha have seen in and even knew it has that form. The page was kinda detailed to imply it had some clear solid form. The first time it appeared it was covered in Kamijou's blood so Izzard and Stiyl saw it that way.

ssjokg said:
AIM probably since AC is full of it and there's none outside.
What this means or how it relates to the Dragon King, no clue.

Not invisible but transparent.
The novel describes it like this and the manga shows it the same way in the first panel it appears.

I forgot the AIM.Again.....
Mar 29, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Well, looks like this arc will be coming to a close.
It's about time, I wish we had longer chapters. This arc should have been over a long time ago, but I still enjoyed it.

More Misaki pls
an egomaniac and a fool

Mar 29, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
Serious s question now.

Not just Tyrel, but I have seen wondering where the Dragon came from.I know that the anime fucked up the foreshadowing but is that enough to say that it came out of nowhere?
OR do people that actually read the LNs forgot about it too?
Mar 29, 2014 10:45 PM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
Serious s question now.

Not just Tyrel, but I have seen wondering where the Dragon came from.I know that the anime fucked up the foreshadowing but is that enough to say that it came out of nowhere?
It was really doubtful at first whether its first appearance during Deep Blood was truly an indication that there was something inside Kamijou, what with the nature of Ars Magna and Izzard going batshit and all. People even thought it did come out of nowhere when it appeared a second time. So you can't blame them for thinking that.

This is just one more reason why people shouldn't read Railgun only.
I can only imagine the looks of anime-only folks when Railgun 3 comes and it gets to this part.
Mar 30, 2014 4:22 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
Serious s question now.

It was really doubtful at first whether its first appearance during Deep Blood was truly an indication that there was something inside Kamijou, what with the nature of Ars Magna and Izzard going batshit and all. People even thought it did come out of nowhere when it appeared a second time. So you can't blame them for thinking that.

I can only imagine the looks of anime-only folks when Railgun 3 comes and it gets to this part.

In the novel the narration itself urges us on to not just accept Ars Magna as the reason.
"It was supposed to be a monster created by Aureolus’ fear of Kamijou. That was the logical analysis. But, in that situation, had Aureolus Izzard truly imagined that there was a transparent King Dragon’s head living exploding out of Kamijou’s right shoulder?
The likelihood was low but what if, just what if, that monster was unrelated to Aureolus’ powers?"

I cant wait for the next "Railgun is a fucking standalone" rant/argument/debate/"discussion".
Mar 30, 2014 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
Serious s question now.

In the novel the narration itself urges us on to not just accept Ars Magna as the reason.

I cant wait for the next "Railgun is a fucking standalone" rant/argument/debate/"discussion".

is that argument still going on? idk how they can keep saying that when it keeps getting proven wrong.

on another note

im a bit confused now because
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 31, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2009
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
Serious s question now.

is that argument still going on? idk how they can keep saying that when it keeps getting proven wrong.

on another note

im a bit confused now because

As far as we know, based on what we have seen IB is something that seals the Dragon King/IT.
So they probably have no relation with IB being the reference point .
Apr 6, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
all i want to know is how kamijou even had time to deal with all this jazz
never a dull moment when you have his misfortune, i suppose

edit: i decided to not be lazy and looked back a bit at when things happened in the index novels and in this manga, and it fits together fine - even if it does seem weird that no one talks about the time misaka became a fuckin' devilish level 6 thing.
grymdylanApr 7, 2014 3:30 AM
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

May 1, 2014 1:03 AM

Jan 2014
Just i didn't get it , why that dragon arm is back again D: , it's supposed to be an illusion from touman's consciousness ( Ars magna battle)
May 1, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Noiren said:
Just i didn't get it , why that dragon arm is back again D: , it's supposed to be an illusion from touman's consciousness ( Ars magna battle)

No.
First of all, it if it was an illusion it would be from Izzard's imagination, not Touma's consciousness.
Second, I guess you ignored the novel's narration.

May 8, 2014 10:39 PM
Apr 2014
really want to see this animated right after Index III
May 9, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
ssjokg said:
Noiren said:

No.
First of all, it if it was an illusion it would be from Izzard's imagination, not Touma's consciousness.

i forgot that explanation , 'cause i watched the anime , but now that you mentioned it , you're right , it was an illusion from izzard's fear , but the main point is , why a simple illusion from izzard's fear just came out all of a sudden in railgun series, it's supposed to be just an illusion and not a touman's power?
May 9, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2009
Noiren said:
ssjokg said:
Noiren said:

No.

i forgot that explanation , 'cause i watched the anime , but now that you mentioned it , you're right , it was an illusion from izzard's fear , but the main point is , why a simple illusion from izzard's fear just came out all of a sudden in railgun series, it's supposed to be just an illusion and not a touman's power?
Again,read the narration from the LN.THe narration/Touma/Kamachi asks us to not ignore the possibility that the dragon wasnt from Izzard's power but from Touma himself.
May 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
FIRST!
what the hell is this ?!

i assume there is an explanation for that in Index LN but i didn't read the LN do i completely blind on this one. and just gonna be honest, this shit, that page was frekin EPIC. well, it's not like the first time i have seen that. that dragon appeared in Index too in the first season of the anime adaptation when he was dealing with a man with alchemy power, but it was some kind of illusion so i didn't think it was real. BUT if you look at it again, at this chapter, at this page, from whatever angle you see it, that is absolutely a REAL dragon's head. and i got stunned after i saw that page.

on top of that, this is the previous page

i knew such thing will happen and i knew Touma will still using his right hand but DAMN! that dragon's head. i didn't see that coming at all. not only that, they even put such cool and badass looking face of Touma and Gunha before the dragon appear. now that is what i call EPIC!

serious stuff aside, let's talk about the sweet stuff x3

i'm not gonna say "damn!!! make the ship happen!!! make the ship happen" and sayin that all the time like a brat. no! i'm just gonna keep quite, keep calm and see where things go :D but still i want Touma and Mikoto to be together. just look at that. that's what will happen when cool girl and cool boy meet each other. the Epicness either in action side and drama side LOL. this is the second time Touma saved her life. second time. and i'm still counting until they get together :D

This is the best chapter from all chapter is all i can say.
looking foward for the next chapter :D
YizelTroMay 15, 2016 11:40 AM
Sep 4, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2016
I was waiting for this, YAY I can die happy now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 154 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 27

1 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 153 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 2

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 152 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 2

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 2:01 AM

» from what chapter should i read after watching the anime adaptation ?

YizelTro - Apr 10, 2016

3 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 151 Discussion

Lordponczek - Jan 29

3 by LastLuminescence »»
Feb 14, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.