Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Oh wow it is Tsukuyomi Moonphase all over again. Oh well maybe they fix it with the BD-Release
Mar 28, 2014 5:34 AM

Nov 2010
hpulley said:
Farscape1 said:
Did the studio run out of money or something?
They saved what little money was left to transform Tokyo Tower into a mechaloid but wow, we haven't seen a partially animated episode like that for years, years! Ever? Has there been a worse partly animated episode which aired in recent memory? Wow... I thought they were going to end the season there, why have episode 12 after that half animated farce?

At first I thought the crunchyroll player was suffering from framerate problems or lag at the beginning. Then the OP started and it looked like normal when it came back after that I felt like getting shoved a beta version of this episode

So many high and low animation quality was presented here and some scenes were censored as well

The "Bible Black" reference pointed out by other forum users previously was spot on here when they tried to merge Lucifer with Cecil
Luficur was already on earth in the form of Moyoyon

Poor Shizumu meeting his death by the hands of his own father when he finally choosed the right path

The Mecha battle at the end was awesome for the first time
Mar 28, 2014 8:16 PM

Nov 2013
That was... bad. I'll admit it. Just... wow? Cough.

PaleBlue said:
PetitFours said:
Very nice PowerPoint slide show with voice acting.

The more I think about this the more hysterical it gets.

SHIZUMU'S DEATH SCENE!

Shizumu is holding Cecil
BLAM!
Shizumu is flat on the ground.
Cecil seems mildly concerned about this.
Shizumu: "Arg, I'm dying. Bleh"
THE END.

Also, I feel obliged to add this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzyd91NFx-Y

My sentiments exactly...
Mar 29, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
I also found this episode hard to follow at times. Er, it's pretty sad since I didn't think this series was all that bad.
Mar 29, 2014 9:22 PM
Oct 2012
I thought it was just a bad copy of the video that I was watching, guess not.
This series continues to amaze me with its weird plot, weird characters, weird robot battles, weird errything.
This seemed like anime of the year cause it was "Canadian wizard lawyers with mech battles and Satan", but then somehow they made that not cool.
Mar 30, 2014 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
What happened to the animation, frozen images, close up, and the sound was still the only thing that remained was to imagine what was happening, a horror, animation had been very good and the anime was quite acceptable but this ruined chapter 10 previous episodes worst I've seen in a while.
Mar 30, 2014 1:16 AM
Jun 2010
worst show of the season jesus that was bad
Mar 30, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
I thought it froze a few times.
Looks like some scenes were impressively animated though.
The plot got all weird
Mar 30, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
Wow, I can't believe I waited a week to watch the last two episodes together and missed this masterpiece rofl. I feel really bad for those that were actually invested in the series and wanted to see these important plot points done well.
Apr 7, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
One of the most dramatical moments and this awful lack of animation.
Apr 8, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Wow, I can't believe I waited a week to watch the last two episodes together and missed this masterpiece rofl. I feel really bad for those that were actually invested in the series and wanted to see these important plot points done well.

such people exist ? I sure regret watching this anime to the end. I should've dropped it on episode 1 because I already felt then it was gonna be bad ...
Oh well I've learned my lesson for this spring season :)
Apr 16, 2014 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
Was it just me or was the ending fight sort of like Iron Man 1 where they flew up really high and the bad guy's machine fails and he falls? lol
Apr 17, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2012
Impressive episode and well I wonder what the last episode will have to offer us!
Apr 20, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2012
I feel like this face is something I should see in Space Dandy.

As others mentioned, this episode was pretty disappointing for me. I was honestly hoping for something big happening, and that Moyo and Cecil really would become one, that would have been interesting. Instead we got an anticlimactic end with Shizumu doing what he was obviously going to do the minute Cecil gave him that charm.

Ah well, I got too see my favorite character turn into an ugly demonoid for about one second. I'm actually surprised she didn't get all pissed that she wasn't able to become one with Cecil.

Also at this point, I realize I was definitely wrong about those things not being mechs. I've definitely never seen flying, hand-driven golems.
Blow said:
Subliminal message:
I can't really talk since I only noticed it in episode 9 myself, but it's been there the entire time.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 20, 2014 6:43 AM
May 5, 2014 9:06 PM
Oct 2013
anybody else feel like this episode was a page out of Demonbane with those Mech wings & fight scene?

On another note, while the animation was bad,(and killed off my love of this series) what I truly cannot accept is the lack of proper time management. the most unnecessary scenes were done perfectly, but the ones that would have actually made this episode good were just... unfinished.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
May 7, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2011
Ouch, the animation took a nose dive. It really made some of the important scenes difficult to understand. The death scene was terribly done, verging on humorous.
May 8, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2013
Dako said:
Ouch, the animation took a nose dive. It really made some of the important scenes difficult to understand. The death scene was terribly done, verging on humorous.

yeah the longer I think about it, the more hilarious it gets. It's so bad it's funny. Not good funny, just funny bad xD
Jun 2, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
LOL @ the poll results. So this is where the low score comes from. I was enjoying this series up until this episode. I don't even know if I can finish it now. I'm intrigued by the thought of Cecil defending the man who threw her life into disarray, but everything else was a sucker punch and it hurt like hell. Wow first Galilei Donna and now this. I think depending on the final episode this could plummet from what was an easy 7 to a 4-5.

Edit: Reading these comments is too hilarious. I was seriously going "WHAAAT?" when Shizumu got shot and he was laying there but making thumping, crawling, struggling noises and what not.
ZekkenshinJun 2, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 15, 2014 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
Been put on hold for a while and now back to finish this show...

So Moyo is Lucifer? Okay... Isn't asking for Cecil to defend Makusu a confilct of interest? Maybe Makusu wants to blackmail her into the retrial she wants for her mother?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 2, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2008
What hapened to the great action scenes I'd seen in the beginning of the anime?! This episode was awful, imo.
Nov 28, 2014 3:56 AM
May 2009
That was one of the most terrible rushed arsed jobs I have ever seen.
I thought that Naruto episode was bad. But atleast they animated everything.
But this one wow. I thought I got a bad copy, but the subs and sound were running smoothly.

No idea what went wrong with the during production, but to air this in such a state is inexcusable.

Missing scenes, rehashed scenes, using zooming to add effects to a picture. Scenes that just didn't belong in the sound.

I expected more from animation and drawing style that is similar to Kite and Mezzo Forte.

I hope the DVD and Blu Ray releases at least will have the full episode touched up.
Jan 3, 2015 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
For a moment, i thought that my pc was running slow... fortunately (for me) it was (only) one of the worst episodes of the anime history. God. Just terrible.
Jun 9, 2015 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
SleepSub said:
I heard the reason why this episode was "unfinished". They didn't made the deadline (This is already announced by them).
They're working on Episode 12 as we speak and gave it some more priority than Episode 11.
So let's hope they'll make the deadline for the final episode!
All of this will be fixed in the BD version ofcourse~

- インデックスの女神

It seems the whole thing was indeed fixed in BD because i am watching BD and i got here and i was wondering what people were talking about. It seems my version hasn't got the problems seen by everyone here.
Too bad it aired with problems. If it aired like in the BD i am watching it seems it would have a better score since most people saw the TV version.
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2009
Well, this show certainly ramped up the pace of the plot!

And the fighting seemed to end on episode 11, unexpectedly!

But then there's one last twist that's...pretty darned unique to this show! Makusu is asking Cecil to defend him???

Also, I'm surprised how negative of a reception this episode got. The show finally got really good in the past three episodes!

Edit: I read up on the TV Tropes article for this show and apparently the original episode 11 was horribly animated, but this was fixed for the home release. Fortunately I got to enjoy the latter version.

LittleStar said:
Whooo! Shizumu died? O.o
One shot and he is dead
and they even don't show this scene?
Makusu asking Cecil to defend him? Seriously? o.O
I think Makusu shot him twice (or more) actually. He staggered back up after the first shot.
GlennMagusHarveyAug 23, 2022 10:52 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

56 by EtherSword »»
Oct 2, 2015 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.