Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
I know there are people who played the game, so this topic is for hypothesis, theories, opinions, etc about the anime.

Have fun :)
Mar 23, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2010
Hmm, I am predicting that perhaps they will follow through mostly with the true route since that reveals most of the story behind Aoba and the experiments, and hopefully have bits from the other guys' routes as well? Perhaps they all went to Platinum Jail, but Aoba takes turns spending time with them?

Well, we can only wait to find out. XD

I just hope they keep in the important parts of every guys' route, or if they can't do that, then they should make an OVA which shows all of the guys' routes as they were in the game.
Mar 23, 2014 8:24 AM
Dec 2009
I wonder how they make the introduction of Mink... That was pretty hardcore in the game... That's what would you do if you want to make the worst possible impression... But I don't expect anything too explicit.

And I see there were some personal changes regarding seiyuu - Kenichirou Matsuda as Mink instead of Kenta Miyake. I hope that is the only change and rest of the cast will stay the same (ViTri and Mizuki especially).
Mar 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Pikangie said:
Hmm, I am predicting that perhaps they will follow through mostly with the true route since that reveals most of the story behind Aoba and the experiments, and hopefully have bits from the other guys' routes as well? Perhaps they all went to Platinum Jail, but Aoba takes turns spending time with them?

I just hope they keep in the important parts of every guys' route, or if they can't do that, then they should make an OVA which shows all of the guys' routes as they were in the game.

I was thinking the same.

They only needs to find a way to resolve: Koujaku's regret, Noiz's loneliness, Mink's revenge and Clear's drama. Then they can go perfectly with Ren's route, I think.

Aoba spending time with everyone at... basically the same time. For example, they can simultaneously put Mink and Koujaku's scene at the disco, right? Like, when Aoba is searching Koujaku and founds Ryuhou, and when he enters at the disco he founds Mink there too? They can also remove that rape scene if Koujaku found them before Mink takes Aoba away and... well, you know.

About Mink, I hope they can make him more likable for the new fans, like, if we use the theory "Everyone goes to the Platinum Jail with Aoba" it's hard to put all the abuse he did to Aoba, when the others are around.

That's what I think.
Mar 23, 2014 3:23 PM
Jan 2013
Is the series Yaoi or Shounen Ai or none??
Mar 23, 2014 6:56 PM

Jul 2010
Frost_Kiss said:

The game is yaoi. We're not sure if this material will be removed (like TnC) or not.
Mar 23, 2014 11:29 PM

Oct 2012
I am sure they're gonna have to follow Ren's route. But seeing this is a common problem now, what matters is with the anime:

1. The number of eps (the VN length cant be done in 12 episodes)
2. Bad end or good end.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 24, 2014 5:26 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Why don't they take a page from amagami SS book and just do all the routes? Or at least the MAIN routes. (who cares about 'bad end' anyway?)

Well, I don't really care either way.. So long as they don't screw it over like TNC

Mar 24, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2010
Itermin8rX said:
I am sure they're gonna have to follow Ren's route. But seeing this is a common problem now, what matters is with the anime:

2. Bad end or good end.

I hope they can keep in mind that. I wish 22 episodes at least...

I seriously doubt the bad end imo
Mar 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
i think theyre gonna animate the story until u choose the partner to go platinium jail, only common route. but i wanna see sei, some brolove if possible cuz like others, i gave up the idea of bl in anime~

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Mar 25, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
I'm guessing that it won't go through any romance route (meaning I'm guessing what would make it safest to show on tv). So, it would be the true route without any pairing, but a lot of slight bxb scenes with the guys.

The true route pretty much has everything explained there (except the chara-oriented backstories of course) but I think it would be shown somewhere along as the episodes progress.

I'm doubting they'll make it bad end, 'cause you know School Days? I'm guessing it will turn out like that if they do. I am praying that everyone of them reach good end though, I'll dance to Ai Catch and its horrid lyrics if they do.
Mar 26, 2014 3:00 AM
Mar 2014
zematerid said:
I'm guessing that it won't go through any romance route (meaning I'm guessing what would make it safest to show on tv). So, it would be the true route without any pairing, but a lot of slight bxb scenes with the guys.

The true route pretty much has everything explained there (except the chara-oriented backstories of course) but I think it would be shown somewhere along as the episodes progress.

Yes, this is exactly what I suspect will happen as well. This will play out like a harem, true route with no pairing but lots of shipteasing and character centric episodes. I imagine they'd all leave for Platinum Jail together but once they get there (and before they make it into the Twin Tower), they'd have episodic character shenanigans for each cast member.

I was really pessimistic at first because of how Togainu left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, but now the more I think about it the more I feel this has the potential to be, at the very least, really fun. To me the cast has great chemistry together, my favorite parts in the game were always the ones which had all the boys interacting with one another. The extra material that was released later which had the cast together was also silly and cute because of it.

NayukiShiina said:
Pikangie said:

I was thinking the same.

They only needs to find a way to resolve: Koujaku's regret, Noiz's loneliness, Mink's revenge and Clear's drama. Then they can go perfectly with Ren's route, I think.

Aoba spending time with everyone at... basically the same time. For example, they can simultaneously put Mink and Koujaku's scene at the disco, right? Like, when Aoba is searching Koujaku and founds Ryuhou, and when he enters at the disco he founds Mink there too? They can also remove that rape scene if Koujaku found them before Mink takes Aoba away and... well, you know.

About Mink, I hope they can make him more likable for the new fans, like, if we use the theory "Everyone goes to the Platinum Jail with Aoba" it's hard to put all the abuse he did to Aoba, when the others are around.

That's what I think.

I agree!

Mink is truly going to be the most challenging character to fit in the same setting with everyone, I wonder if they'd have Mink beat Aoba at all (outside of the common route). If there is one thing I absolutely want them to keep however it's Mink crashing into the Tower with a freaking bike.
Mar 27, 2014 3:19 AM
Jan 2013
NayukiShiina said:
Frost_Kiss said:

The game is yaoi. We're not sure if this material will be removed (like TnC) or not.

Lol, I know da game is Yaoi cuz I've played it. But I'm so scared maybe the anime won't be Yaoi nor Shounen Ai!
Mar 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
Frost_Kiss said:
NayukiShiina said:
Frost_Kiss said:

Lol, I know da game is Yaoi cuz I've played it. But I'm so scared maybe the anime won't be Yaoi nor Shounen Ai!

But we don't know :V

Plus, this is probably be 13 episodes...
Mar 27, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2008
Sorry to change the topic a bit but ...
sweet-kuskus said:
And I see there were some personal changes regarding seiyuu - Kenichirou Matsuda as Mink instead of Kenta Miyake.

This is something that's bothered me for awhile. I've listened to a few Kenta Miyake roles since playing and none really sound like Mink.
But listening to Kenichirou Matsuda roles, he sounds exactly like Mink to me. Could Kenta Miyake as his voice actor just be misinformation, since the original game credits used pseudonyms?

This tweet from 2012 also lists his game credit seiyuu, Hayakawa Rinta (早川凜太) as Kenichirou Matsuda (松田健一郎), not Miyake Kenta (三宅健太). This Japanese Otome/BL seiyuu wiki, last updated in 2013, also matches the above. (I know, not the greatest sources, but at least they're from outside the Eng fandom).

I'd love to be proven wrong, with a more official source or something. But to me it seems more likely that Kenichirou Matsuda is his actual seiyuu since the game and the English fandom has somehow miscredited Miyake Kenta instead (who admittedly does have a similar-ish deep voice). I don't see any reason why they would change his original voice just for the anime.
Mar 28, 2014 2:32 AM
Dec 2009
CrystallineHeart said:
sweet-kuskus said:
And I see there were some personal changes regarding seiyuu - Kenichirou Matsuda as Mink instead of Kenta Miyake.

This is something that's bothered me for awhile. I've listened to a few Kenta Miyake roles since playing and none really sound like Mink.
But listening to Kenichirou Matsuda roles, he sounds exactly like Mink to me. Could Kenta Miyake as his voice actor just be misinformation, since the original game credits used pseudonyms?

This tweet from 2012 also lists his game credit seiyuu, Hayakawa Rinta (早川凜太) as Kenichirou Matsuda (松田健一郎), not Miyake Kenta (三宅健太). This Japanese Otome/BL seiyuu wiki, last updated in 2013, also matches the above. (I know, not the greatest sources, but at least they're from outside the Eng fandom).

I'd love to be proven wrong, with a more official source or something. But to me it seems more likely that Kenichirou Matsuda is his actual seiyuu since the game and the English fandom has somehow miscredited Miyake Kenta instead (who admittedly does have a similar-ish deep voice). I don't see any reason why they would change his original voice just for the anime.

Now I am also towards the idea of misinformation. The sources you provided are more reliable. But if it's really change as long as seiyuu acts 'in character' it's ok I think.

And my few cents regarding how they could manage get all the gang to Platinum Jail aroung the same time. As we remember Aoba could go with one accompanying person. Ren is an Allmate at this moment so he doesn't count.
- Mink have some resources - he managed to 'traffic' members of his gang - be it bribing police or some other shady methods
- Koujaku would use similar methods I think - Kou and the other guy from Benishigure bribed some policeman to get inside
- Noiz got money - he could buy his way inside PJ and it's possible to he could grant Koujaku or Mink a loan
- Clear would probably go with Aoba - he has no money nor other resources.
Mar 28, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2009
I just hope it will be good, but personally I think they'll go with Ren route and all guys. A litlle scenes with them not Yaoi..... And yeah, I wonder how it will go with Mink.
Well, I just wanna see more of Ren and Noiz =D
Mar 28, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
sweet-kuskus said:
CrystallineHeart said:
sweet-kuskus said:

Now I am also towards the idea of misinformation. The sources you provided are more reliable. But if it's really change as long as seiyuu acts 'in character' it's ok I think.

And my few cents regarding how they could manage get all the gang to Platinum Jail aroung the same time. As we remember Aoba could go with one accompanying person. Ren is an Allmate at this moment so he doesn't count.
- Mink have some resources - he managed to 'traffic' members of his gang - be it bribing police or some other shady methods
- Koujaku would use similar methods I think - Kou and the other guy from Benishigure bribed some policeman to get inside
- Noiz got money - he could buy his way inside PJ and it's possible to he could grant Koujaku or Mink a loan
- Clear would probably go with Aoba - he has no money nor other resources.

Wow, thanks for the source, crystallineheart!

Ah, sweet-kuskus, what you said reminded me to... http://mayonaka-hibiki.tumblr.com/post/65547827865/translation-dmmd-platinum-gate-battle-by-katou

I would be hilarious, but... xD
Mar 29, 2014 3:21 AM

Oct 2012
NayukiShiina said:
Itermin8rX said:

2. Bad end or good end.

I hope they can keep in mind that. I wish 22 episodes at least...

I seriously doubt the bad end imo

I'm sure they need a bit more than that, but depends on the episode length too. If it goes for 25-27 min each episode it'll probably go fine, otherwise it might need a boost up to 26-ish.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 2, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
Oh my god we're getting the over-the-counter kiss scene since it happens in the common route this is all I care about holy crap it will be gLORious if they keep it ; O ;
Apr 4, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
wingling said:
Oh my god we're getting the over-the-counter kiss scene since it happens in the common route this is all I care about holy crap it will be gLORious if they keep it ; O ;

This this this OMG I loved that scene so much!
Hopefully all the guys will get an appropriate amount of loving, though I bet it'll be rushed and more hinty than anything else because 12 EPISODES.
Apr 4, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2009
Vael said:
wingling said:

Hopefully all the guys will get an appropriate amount of loving, though I bet it'll be rushed and more hinty than anything else because 12 EPISODES.

You say 12 like that is confirmed... please don't say it is confirmed. :( Hoping for a longer series with a game like DMMd. 12 wouldn't be enough to cover it. :(
Apr 5, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
namae-no-nai-uta said:
Vael said:
wingling said:

You say 12 like that is confirmed... please don't say it is confirmed. :( Hoping for a longer series with a game like DMMd. 12 wouldn't be enough to cover it. :(

They didn't confirmed nothing yet.

But, the most probably case is 12 episodes actually. If they'll do 2-cour, this need to be aired on Fall or something...
Apr 8, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2011
I'm just hoping for them to stick to the true route (no matter how much I want Noiz's route it's not gonna happen since his route isn't the one that answers all the questions ;__; alas, I must bear; but hey! I loved Ren almost equally). It answers everything and we'll be left with some serious plotholes if they don't go for that so. I'm pretty nervous.

And like you all mentioned, they're going to have to solve all of those issues of the characters somehow while also going through Ren's route and this will be difficult. I'm not sure how they're going to do it without mixing things up and making it a clusterfuck (coughtnccough).
Jul 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
pretty weird sei and that old guy were shown at second episode
Jul 22, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Lunarblue said:

They aren't putting just Aoba's POV, so... :/

Btw, in ep4 we'll the Clear's scene when you enter into his route, so I think they really are making all the routes in the anime.

How, you guys, think that would be? How would be the preferred order? What scenes they should keep for the anime?
Jul 22, 2014 11:35 PM
Jan 2010
[quote=NayukiShiina]
Lunarblue said:

I think they're going to have all the guys go with Aoba to Platinum Jail and finish off their arcs there, with the final episode just be more Aoba-centric.
Jul 26, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
Panem said:
NayukiShiina said:

I think they're going to have all the guys go with Aoba to Platinum Jail and finish off their arcs there, with the final episode just be more Aoba-centric.

That seems... difficult to execute smoothly with 12 episodes.
As much as I would love to see more of Noiz (like many others) I'd rather they just focus on the true route rather than rushing through all the guys' arcs /:
Jul 26, 2014 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
^the thing with that though.

NayukiShiina said:
Lunarblue said:

They aren't putting just Aoba's POV, so... :/

Btw, in ep4 we'll the Clear's scene when you enter into his route, so I think they really are making all the routes in the anime.

How, you guys, think that would be? How would be the preferred order? What scenes they should keep for the anime?

i think it would feel really compressed :/ (especially if it really does end up being only 12 episodes)
Depending on the situations they are in the guys routes would probably cross over each other (Like with Mink and Koujaku in their warehouse and nightclub >.>), alternate between each one and/or go in this order (Koujaku, Noiz, Mink, Clear, Ren) or this order (Noiz, Koujaku, Clear, Mink, Ren).

Also with why Toue (at least) I can think of why they show him early is because...
[spoiler]In some of the routes, especially the true route, Toue talks about how he became aware of the fact that Aoba was alive and has been watching(?) him. Since he already knows Aoba's name by the end of the route when you confront him[/
-LuhuiJul 26, 2014 11:17 PM

Jul 27, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2010
-Luhui said:

i think it would feel really compressed :/ (especially if it really does end up being only 12 episodes)
Depending on the situations they are in the guys routes would probably cross over each other (Like with Mink and Koujaku in their warehouse and nightclub >.>), alternate between each one and/or go in this order (Koujaku, Noiz, Mink, Clear, Ren) or this order (Noiz, Koujaku, Clear, Mink, Ren).

Also with why Toue (at least) I can think of why they show him early is because...
[spoiler]In some of the routes, especially the true route, Toue talks about how he became aware of the fact that Aoba was alive and has been watching(?) him. Since he already knows Aoba's name by the end of the route when you confront him[/

I think the 12 episodes are actually confirmed...

Hm... they have show Ryuuhou, so I wonder if he'll die like in Koujaku's route O: Noiz is more like his character development tbh It would be nice to see it, and he need to recover his sense of pain, too.

About Mink and Clear's route... Oh my...

Then, after Aoba defeat Toue in Rhyme, and Toue tells him where's Sei, I think that Mink will go after Toue and kill him~

Well, I'm just speculating x_x
Jul 27, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
-Luhui said:

But there's also the fact that Platinum Jail is divided into five sections...
Would they actually have Aoba go to all five, though.

NayukiShiina said:

Then, after Aoba defeat Toue in Rhyme, and Toue tells him where's Sei, I think that Mink will go after Toue and kill him~

To go through all the routes & their backstories, one way they could do it is to not follow the endings of each route. And instead it'll be like... each character helps Aoba through Platinum Jail? And through the process their characters could be developed. It's just that we won't see the VN endings

Something like that. Except yeah, it does seem unlikely.
I'm just saying that it's an option.
Jul 28, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
NayukiShiina said:

I think the 12 episodes are actually confirmed...

Well Crap. the ending is going to clustered and rushed as f*ck

NayukiShiina said:
Hm... they have show Ryuuhou, so I wonder if he'll die like in Koujaku's route O: Noiz is more like his character development tbh It would be nice to see it, and he need to recover his sense of pain, too.

I think Ryuhou needs to die in order for Koujaku to develop and have(at least some) closure.

NayukiShiina said:

Well...

NayukiShiina said:

Well, I'm just speculating x_x

Although it was never said, I think it was obvious the one who blew up oval tower and killed toue (when he mysteriously disappeared in the other routes) were all Mink's doing. All we really need is the anime to confirm that ^.^

LOAD said:
-Luhui said:

But there's also the fact that Platinum Jail is divided into five sections...
Would they actually have Aoba go to all five, though.

I can picture them doing in one spot (especially since they've only shown the district the true route takes place in) although some scenes are going to seem out of place.
except of course...
1. the fact there's a nightclub at pretty much every district.
2. that warehouse seems to be too
3. Glitter....Glitter everywhere...!

LOAD said:
NayukiShiina said:

To go through all the routes & their backstories, one way they could do it is to not follow the endings of each route. And instead it'll be like... each character helps Aoba through Platinum Jail? And through the process their characters could be developed. It's just that we won't see the VN endings

Something like that. Except yeah, it does seem unlikely.
I'm just saying that it's an option.

I think they can still do what each route contributes to the story without really aiming for anyone (but Ren's end cause it's important) else's ending.

"Help aoba" LOL

The OP makes me also realize Aoba does a lot of running in the game xD
Based on what may happen from the game (see spoiler) I feel there's going be an annoying "Aoba running all over the place getting away from some people while looking for others" episode...

Jul 29, 2014 6:14 AM

Apr 2010
I'm like 60% sure they'd follow up the normal route where you have to choose a partner and pretty much end the anime. And that's where 'if you like it, go play the game'.

I'm really sad though,I want Clear's route. But I know that won't be possible. . . Q_Q' This anime is torture for me.
Aug 14, 2014 7:40 PM

Apr 2010
Well considering it has progressed half way in like 6 episodes. Giving another 6 for the route part. I'm thinking they'd go with the true route (which I very much hate). Or they'd make an open ending and it'd be like a big advertisement for the VN. Honestly, I'd still recommend the VN over the anime, it just has so much content.

They'll probably omit alot and I'd be disappointed. . . I won't probably get to see precious Clear without his mask.
Aug 31, 2015 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
Is the anime worth watching or is it a waste of time? The VN was good on my part
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 9, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2017
i now wanna import this game from Japan one day.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.