WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL OF THE GUNDAM TRAILERS

I AM CUMMING THE OST IS FUCKING GREAT
Today's the RISE OF TRIPLE GUNDAM.
Mar 20, 2014 4:35 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty cool that it seems to take place in the same timeline as UC Gundams, too
Mar 20, 2014 5:47 AM

Oct 2012
I can't take my eyes off this trailer. My favorite series is Eureka Seven, and I a huge Gundam fan, so a Gundam series with Yoshida for character design, it's christmas before time! The music is great too. Can't wait for this fall.
Mar 20, 2014 6:14 AM

Sep 2013
As a interesting (?) fact, reconquista means according to Wikipedia:

The Reconquista ("reconquest") is a period of approximately 781 years in the history of the Iberian Peninsula, after the Islamic conquest in 711-718 to the fall of Granada, the last Islamic state on the peninsula, in 1492. It comes before the discovery of the New World, and the period of the Portuguese and Spanish colonial empires which followed.

But I don't think it has any real meaning, Tomino probably just picked the coolest sounding word from the japanese exotic cool words -spreadsheet

But actually on a closer look, "...711-718 to the fall of Granada..."

HMM...
cupcMar 20, 2014 6:22 AM
Mar 20, 2014 6:18 AM

Oct 2012
cupc said:

But I don't think it has any real meaning, Tomino probably just picked the coolest sounding word from a japanese exotic words spreadsheet

I think too.
"Gravity no Reconguista", "the reconquest of gravity", that makes sense in the sequel of the UC
Mar 20, 2014 6:23 AM

Sep 2013
Why do you think G means gravity?
Mar 20, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Oooh another Gundam theme series. Nice.
Mar 20, 2014 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
Adnae said:
cupc said:

But I don't think it has any real meaning, Tomino probably just picked the coolest sounding word from a japanese exotic words spreadsheet

I think too.
"Gravity no Reconguista", "the reconquest of gravity", that makes sense in the sequel of the UC

Clearly, it refers to Tomino's reconquest of Gundam.
Mar 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2012
cupc said:

Because Tomino speaks about the "G-Reko project" for like 2 or 3 years, and he said in an interview that it was for "Gravity Reko"
Mar 20, 2014 7:28 AM

Sep 2013
Adnae said:
cupc said:

Because Tomino speaks about the "G-Reko project" for like 2 or 3 years, and he said in an interview that it was for "Gravity Reko"

Yes I actually found that out a moment ago heh
Mar 20, 2014 7:44 AM
Aug 2012
I never thought i would say this about a Gundam series but the pv turned me off and i didn't find it very promising. I guess i was waiting for a GBF S2 or Crossborne anime announcement...............guess we will see when it airs but i am disappointed nonetheless.

Mar 20, 2014 7:46 AM

Mar 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I never thought i would say this about a Gundam series but the pv turned me off and i didn't find it very promising. I guess i was waiting for a GBF S2 or Crossborne anime announcement...............guess we will see when it airs but i am disappointed nonetheless.
Clearly you've yet to learn the joys of happy Tomino: Turn A, Gainer, Xabungle for the Tears of Time.
Mar 20, 2014 8:18 AM
Aug 2012
Ckan said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Clearly you've yet to learn the joys of happy Tomino: Turn A, Gainer, Xabungle for the Tears of Time.

Sorry except for Gainer, i don't like Turn A or Xabungle (so i didn't continue with them). I don't mind Tomino being "Happy" or "Kill them all" mode but i excepted something a bit serious for a change......or a adaptation of the countless side stories.

Mar 20, 2014 8:27 AM

Mar 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Ckan said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Sorry except for Gainer, i don't like Turn A or Xabungle (so i didn't continue with them). I don't mind Tomino being "Happy" or "Kill them all" mode but i excepted something a bit serious for a change......or a adaptation of the countless side stories.
Understandable, as not everyone can get into those, but "serious for a change"? As opposed to Unicorn, Age, and 00? It's also a little premature to assume it's not 'serious', as judging by the trailer, it could go either way.

(Un)fortunately, side-stories don't get full TV showings.
Mar 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
belatkuro said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_kQZLb64E

FINALLY Yoshida is doing character designs again! I've missed him since Eureka seven Ao ended. Looked like a gundam styled Nirvash at the end. Let the hype begin!
[center]
Mar 20, 2014 8:40 AM
Aug 2012
Ckan said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Ckan said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Understandable, as not everyone can get into those, but "serious for a change"? As opposed to Unicorn, Age, and 00? It's also a little premature to assume it's not 'serious', as judging by the trailer, it could go either way.

(Un)fortunately, side-stories don't get full TV showings.

Unicorn is awesome and it would have been great if it was a whole series. Age messed up in the third arc. There may be a misunderstanding from what i said but i don't dislike stories if they aren't serious. I was just excited about getting something similar to the UC stories but i didn't say it would be bad or not serious. A bad first impression for me but that could easily change depending on the execution.

Mar 20, 2014 9:12 AM

Feb 2011
EXCITEMENT LEVEL IS RISING RAPIDLY!
Mar 20, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2011
Key visual
I am in Gundam heaven right now!
[center]
Mar 20, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2010
I'm so happy right now this is exactly what I was hoping for a new Gundam for a TV series and The Origins as an OVA if The Origins is good I'll check out the manga after all the episodes are released!

Thanks Sunrise I can't wait for the new series!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 20, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:
Key visual

Me too, I love the design!

My only fear is Tomino. He can do both very good series (Turn A Gundam) and the worst ones (Brain powerd...)
Mar 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
The mobile suits are pretty ugly.
One of them looks like a barrel
Mar 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2011
VioLink said:
Key visual
I'm fanboying all over this. DAMN, it looks good!
Mar 20, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 2011
But I want my Gundam Build Fighters season 2....T_T
Mar 20, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
ill definitely try finishing the universal century gundams before this airs, wouldnt mind watching one whilst its ongoing, though i heard a ton of bad things about age so i hope it doesn't end up like that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 20, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
ill definitely try finishing the universal century gundams before this airs, wouldnt mind watching one whilst its ongoing, though i heard a ton of bad things about age so i hope it doesn't end up like that
Well, Age was directed by a total novice and had a digimon level animation cast, I personally enjoyed about 40/50 of it's episodes myself but I guess it wasn't edgy enough for some.
This, however, is potentially going to be directed by the founding father of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino.
Mar 20, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
JizzyHitler said:
Well, Age was directed by a total novice and had a digimon level animation cast, I personally enjoyed about 40/50 of it's episodes myself but I guess it wasn't edgy enough for some.
This, however, is potentially going to be directed by the founding father of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino.

Don't get your hopes up.

"During the Kidou Senshi Gundam 35th Anniversary Announcement, Gundam creator, Tomino Yushiyuki said that the new Gundam: G no Reconguista is not meant for the UC or Origin fans but for the children. The series was made so that children can enjoy."

This makes for 3 baby Gundam series in a row: Gundam AGE 10, Gundam Toy Fighters, and now Children Century.
Mar 20, 2014 10:09 PM
Oct 2010
What in the actual fuck. Did bones do the characters or what? lmao. Also the girl @ 12 looks like Mori from Yamato.

http://www.tvkon.com/images/anime/12/02/Space-Battleship-Yamato-2199-Trailer-2.mp4/01.jpg

GD1551Mar 20, 2014 10:15 PM
Mar 20, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
ex_necross said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
JizzyHitler said:

Don't get your hopes up.

"During the Kidou Senshi Gundam 35th Anniversary Announcement, Gundam creator, Tomino Yushiyuki said that the new Gundam: G no Reconguista is not meant for the UC or Origin fans but for the children. The series was made so that children can enjoy."

This makes for 3 baby Gundam series in a row: Gundam AGE 10, Gundam Toy Fighters, and now Children Century.
I don't see exactly how a lower demographic point makes for a worse show though, it's not as if it would be thematically different in the least, just less graphic.

I mean, not to cross reference an entirely different industry here, but just look at the currently airing Kamen Rider Gaim. What was originally meant to be a show focused mainly for children and adults alike, placed in the hands of Urobuchi became arguably one of the most profound shows in modern eastern television.
OchimushaMar 20, 2014 10:51 PM
Mar 20, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2009
looks cool im gonna watch it
Mar 21, 2014 2:42 AM

Jul 2012
Adnae said:
cupc said:

The G stands for Gundam and Ground
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 21, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
awww so it ended up only being a single movie, in that case i have to say the animation looks severely lacking for a movie, it wold be fine for a TV but not for something so condensed and short as a movie

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
awww so it ended up only being a single movie, in that case i have to say the animation looks severely lacking for a movie, it wold be fine for a TV but not for something so condensed and short as a movie

OMG REALLY? Where did you get this info from?

If this is true I'll be so happy. Please don't let this be the next gundam tv series.
Mar 21, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:
JizzyHitler said:

OMG REALLY? Where did you get this info from?

If this is true I'll be so happy. Please don't let this be the next gundam tv series.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1114665
Mar 21, 2014 8:54 AM

Oct 2007
MAL is the only place where the news brief seems to argue it's a movie but I am seeing no actual official confirmation of it's format anywhere yet. It's entirely possible it is, but since I'm seeing no actual confirmation I'm not going to make any assumptions on it's format yet. Other people are free to believe what and who they want of course.
PeacingOutMar 21, 2014 8:57 AM
Mar 21, 2014 5:56 PM

May 2010
It doesn't look like a movie, at least the quality of animation isn't that good, judging from the trailer. Besides, movies are usually annouced much earlier before they are released and this is expected to come in october.
Mar 21, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2012
ex_necross said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
JizzyHitler said:

Don't get your hopes up.

wrong Tomino: No, it is geared towards adults. About adults in a nuclear world.. To view the possible issues dealing with this theme from various aspect, or else it would just be a really awkward gundam.
Mar 24, 2014 6:32 AM

Aug 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Im sorry to have to say this but Im sick and tierd of people always going on about wanting a crossbone anime give it up its not going to happen and even if it did it wouldint be all that good youd know why if you read the mangs thars just to much conflicting desing choses in the story for it to work hell for the better part of the first manga serres the MC piolts a god damn fish MS
Mar 24, 2014 7:06 AM
Aug 2012
otaku1 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Im sorry to have to say this but Im sick and tierd of people always going on about wanting a crossbone anime give it up its not going to happen and even if it did it wouldint be all that good youd know why if you read the mangs thars just to much conflicting desing choses in the story for it to work hell for the better part of the first manga serres the MC piolts a god damn fish MS

Sorry no idea what you were trying to say.

I started reading the manga and it seemed good. I really liked the designs and the characters seemed interesting to me. You and my opinion differs............end of story.

Apr 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2010
A Gundam anime with Eureka Seven-like art and animation. Never thought I'd see the day. Consider me officially interested. 8DD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Nope said:
ex_necross said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
JizzyHitler said:

Don't get your hopes up.

wrong Tomino: No, it is geared towards adults. About adults in a nuclear world.. To view the possible issues dealing with this theme from various aspect, or else it would just be a really awkward gundam.

You got that quote from years ago, when the project wasn't even a Gundam show. It was still in the very early stages of concept etc. If you read the recent interview, he is quoted on saying this will be a children's show.

One may argue that all Gundam is targeted at youth, but the fact that Tomino made a point of saying it will be for children and not for the UC fans makes it clear this is going to be exceptionally baby-fied.
May 6, 2014 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
New promo image released

http://i.imgur.com/U19DGs6.jpg
May 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
alexpte said:
New promo image released

http://i.imgur.com/U19DGs6.jpg
all photos from the trailer, any more news about if this is a tv series or a movie?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 13, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2011
yes

i like this
May 26, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2012
There is the possibility that this won't explain the events of Turn A. Either way, I'm gonna hype this up until it airs.
May 26, 2014 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
TaisakuSentou said:
There is the possibility that this won't explain the events of Turn A. Either way, I'm gonna hype this up until it airs.
Wait, what? What does this have to do with Turn A other than it another Gundam Tomino made?
Jun 11, 2014 11:34 PM
Sep 2010
Ckan said:
TaisakuSentou said:
Wait, what? What does this have to do with Turn A other than it another Gundam Tomino made?

UC Gundam, Turn A, it's all one universe.
Jun 12, 2014 11:56 PM

Mar 2008
Stanri010 said:
Ckan said:

UC Gundam, Turn A, it's all one universe.
If that is what he meant, then it would be rather simplistic to imagine all Gundams as culminating in one universe (outside of those purposefully mentioned in Turn A) - for it was obviously more a thematic and overarching novel device in which Turn A was written as a sort of final paragraph to the whole franchise.

However, the addition of new series afterwards clearly show that there is no intention to creat some kind of "whole continuity". That's also not to mention that Tomino has obviously progressed as a person, and could quite easily take the new Gundam in a different thematic direction.

Nevertheless, my main issue with the previous poster was that to think that new Gundams are made while intending to "explain the events of Turn A" would be quite a step away from reality.
Jun 13, 2014 9:11 PM

Nov 2011

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.