Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 19, 2014 8:52 AM

Apr 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
Man, seeing how much damage Gai does to Madara the remaining ninja should just all open the eight gates. Although they may not be able to execute it perfectly due to lack of training, the likes of Kakashi, A, Darui, or Kitsuchi should be able to pull it off on the first try (and withstand the pain too).

I think you might've missed the part that opening the eighth gate means the user will die definitely. And no, they're not gonna be able to pull it off. This isn't your everyday taijutsu that just anyone can do.
Mar 19, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
I think Gai-sensei is going to die after this fight!
Mar 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 2011
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?
Mar 19, 2014 9:35 AM
Dec 2013
.... that was just Gai spamming the evening elephant
okay....no.
Mar 19, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder if Madara can still use Rinnegan techniques while using the Juubi's power, because then it'd be pretty unfair to Gai as there's one that should easily be able to counter Evening Elephant and hit Gai at the same time provided Madara has the raw power to pull it off - and considering Nagato was able to do it, the Juubi's jinchuuriki should be able to pull it off.

Gai's combo consists of 5 incredibly powerful punches launched at very high speeds, moving the air around him as if it were an air cannon as noted by Madara.

Gai's speed surpasses that of Madara in his current state to the point where the only thing Madara could do when faced with the full might of 'Evening Elephant' was put up a barrier before the first punch hit while being hit by the others as they came in too fast.

Gai also gained the ability to remain airborn by kicking off of the air so his mobility increased a lot after opening the 8th gate.

Due to Minato's interference Madara's black orbs can't be used in battle as far as we know so to defeat Gai's tecnique Madara needs something that once used will defend him against all 5 punches while hitting Gai in some way - he only has time to use it before the first punch connects and Gai's speed makes him a very hard target to hit.

Madara needs something that will cover every direction once used, can be formed faster that his black cocoon, attacks every direction simultaneously and possesses incredible power, enough to repel 'Evening Elephant'.

I'd say Shinra Tensei is the way to go. Supposing Madara can actually use it, it'd be just what he needs: omni-directional attack and defence, its effect can be noticed immediately, it is inmensely powerfull and has incredible reach if Nagato's destruction of Konoha is anything to go by. With the raw power Madara currently has, a super-charged Shinra Tensei should kill Gai and anyone else a few kilometers in every direction.

Of course, because it would work too well in this case Kishimoto will probably make it so that Madara doesn't know the technique.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
yhunata said:

I think you might've missed the part that opening the eighth gate means the user will die definitely. And no, they're not gonna be able to pull it off. This isn't your everyday taijutsu that just anyone can do.

A genin (or chuunin? forgot) like Lee & an eternal genin like Might Dai can do it plus Kakashi & Minato know the theories behind it. I don't think it's that far-fetched for the jonins & the Kages to at least know how to execute it.

And the dying part? since when shinobis are afraid of death? these are people who would sacrifice their life if it means accomplishing their mission. If the situation gets worse and no one can defeat sage Madara, you'd think no one will try to do a kamikaze attack like Gai?
Mar 19, 2014 10:31 AM
Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

A genin (or chuunin? forgot) like Lee & an eternal genin like Might Dai can do it plus Kakashi & Minato know the theories behind it. I don't think it's that far-fetched for the jonins & the Kages to at least know how to execute it.

And the dying part? since when shinobis are afraid of death? these are people who would sacrifice their life if it means accomplishing their mission. If the situation gets worse and no one can defeat sage Madara, you'd think no one will try to do a kamikaze attack like Gai?

nah man you gotta have strong eyebrow game to pull it off. thats the only way.
Mar 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

Dai and Lee spent their entire life trying to learn it and despite Lee being a genius in taijutsu techniques, he still isn't able to pull off more than 6 gates. Does that give you any idea of how fucking difficult the 8th gate is?
Mar 19, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
If even madara can't keep up with the 8th gate then that shows just how awesome Gai is. However it seems to me like Madara is being a bit too cocky. Ever since he got the Juubi's power it feels like he's never actually gone all-out. Not using his Susano'o etc.
But even here I don't see madara actually losing directly to Gai. It should weaken him so that Naruto and Sasuke can finish him, but I still think Madara is either holding back, or underestimating Gai too much to the point that he'll be weakened too much to go all out.

Something fishy is going on here :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 19, 2014 11:38 AM
Feb 2014
Peralisc said:
Uncle-Fester81 said:
tomtomr92 said:
AM i the only one who didnt give a fuck that Naruto was back and wanted to see gai's fight more??

The fanboysm is strong in this one

no

you have to agree with tom, naruto's appearance was pointless

repeat after me: cliffhanger. it's easy, cliffhanger
Mar 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
yhunata said:

Dai and Lee spent their entire life trying to learn it and despite Lee being a genius in taijutsu techniques, he still isn't able to pull off more than 6 gates. Does that give you any idea of how fucking difficult the 8th gate is?

I don't think the jonins and the kages I mentioned are any less genius when it comes to taijutsu compared to Lee. Considering it took a normal person like Lee less than a year training under Gai to be able to open the gates, the theory behind opening gates itself shouldn't be complicated (seeing how they just needed to push certain pressure points). What makes you think the jonin and kage with all their knowledge and experience won't be able to pull it off? at the very least they should be able to open up as much as Lee and some crazy bastards like A, who can shrug off cutting his own arm like it was nothing, should be able to withstand the pain and open up all the way to 8 gates.

Rather than the difficulty, it's the risk that makes it a forbidden jutsu (just like Kage Bushin). Even for Gai, this is the first time. As I said, other people may not be able to execute it as perfectly as Gai but I don't think it's impossible for jonin-level shinobi to pull it off.
Mar 19, 2014 11:47 AM
Mar 2014
I'm wondering if Minato will be OK. I mean he got hit by the black spheres which are made of the stuff that can suppress ninjutsu so maybe he could "die".
Mar 19, 2014 11:53 AM

May 2012
still 4th is faster than Guy to appear in front of him then disappear..
atleast madara now has handicap..

Mar 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
EPIC GAI!!!! Madara hasn't felt so excited since the time he fought Hashirama. :D Naruto is back, THE HYPE!
Mar 19, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
please tell me obito is dead,last thing i need is more of that fucker
Mar 19, 2014 12:14 PM
Oct 2013
his aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................ his backkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg naruto open his eye's after two months of crying for no particular reason am relief now he woke up his fine ..............
narutooooooo........................go and save the world!!!!!
YEAHH OUR HERO IS BACK
Mar 19, 2014 12:46 PM

May 2010
absolutely sick chapter. this was fun to read!
Mar 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2011
Awesome chapter this week! Guy vs Madara was awesome, for once Madara is the one being hit. And it was glorious.
I also liked how they briefly showed us the repercussions of Kakashi's Kamui spam (his eyesight is getting worse so he needs to get closer).

Mar 19, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2013
Man, it's been awhile since I last read a decent Naruto chapter since the Itachi Pursuit Arc. This was a pretty exciting chapter. It made me smile seeing Gai kicking Madara's ass at full power.

Is it legit to say that Gai and Lee are one of the best characters in the series now?
Mar 19, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Hahah, Madara is being playful
Mar 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
yay chapter 69 also 69 comments when i went to post what a day full of 69's
Mar 19, 2014 2:13 PM
Apr 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

I don't think the jonins and the kages I mentioned are any less genius when it comes to taijutsu compared to Lee. Considering it took a normal person like Lee less than a year training under Gai to be able to open the gates, the theory behind opening gates itself shouldn't be complicated (seeing how they just needed to push certain pressure points). What makes you think the jonin and kage with all their knowledge and experience won't be able to pull it off? at the very least they should be able to open up as much as Lee and some crazy bastards like A, who can shrug off cutting his own arm like it was nothing, should be able to withstand the pain and open up all the way to 8 gates.

Rather than the difficulty, it's the risk that makes it a forbidden jutsu (just like Kage Bushin). Even for Gai, this is the first time. As I said, other people may not be able to execute it as perfectly as Gai but I don't think it's impossible for jonin-level shinobi to pull it off.

Kakashi can't open up more than one, as far as we know.

also when Lee opened up the 5th Gate, Kakashi said that it was more than just hard work and that Lee was a genius/prodigy at the Gates.
Mar 19, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
EmeralDragon23 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

Kakashi can't open up more than one, as far as we know.

also when Lee opened up the 5th Gate, Kakashi said that it was more than just hard work and that Lee was a genius/prodigy at the Gates.

Also, Gai tried teaching Neji and TenTen the Initial Lotus.

They couldn't do it and there is no indication that has changed so far.

If opening the Gates was easy, we'd see it a lot more.
Mar 19, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
Gai going in hard.
Mar 19, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Peralisc said:
Uncle-Fester81 said:
tomtomr92 said:
AM i the only one who didnt give a fuck that Naruto was back and wanted to see gai's fight more??

The fanboysm is strong in this one

no

you have to agree with tom, naruto's appearance was pointless

The point was to let everyone know that the main character was still alive . . . even though no one would think otherwise.
Mar 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
I've always liked Gai, but he just climbed the ladder to one of my favorite Naruto characters. Epic chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
still 4th is faster than Guy to appear in front of him then disappear..
atleast madara now has handicap..

With the flying rajiin technique yes.. physically no.
Mar 19, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
Guy sensei is insane
Love the teamwork!
Naruto is back, not expecting him to go down again :)
Mar 19, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
yhunata said:
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?
A few chapters ago Spiral Zetsu and White Zetsu literally confirmed that Naruto was going to die from having the Nine Tails extracted. Word of mouth means shit all in this manga now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 10:27 PM

Sep 2013
Ok now I want to see Tsunade open the 8 gates AND then eat Chouji's red pills. 100 x 100 = 10,000 times stronger! Holy #@!*&! While we're at it, give her some of that Kyuubi chakara too. With her auto-regen or whatever, she might even stay alive long enough to completely obliterate Madara.

If Gai is killed before he dies of the '8th gate induced necrosis' (yeah I'm just going to call it that), can he be brought back by Rinne Tensei? If he can, will he still die anyway?

TorribleMar 19, 2014 10:41 PM
Mar 19, 2014 10:50 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Wasn't expecting a giant hole to be cause by that attack, caught me by surprised.
How did he train this technique? Did he use it at the other gates? Or is it the typical shounen "New ability, becomes master of ability in a second" thing.
Mar 19, 2014 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
Good chapter It's always hard to make out action scenes in the manga.
Mar 20, 2014 1:30 AM

Feb 2013
This was a decent enough chapter, much better then the previous few. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Gai it was still cool to see his 8 gates in action.
Mar 20, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2009
Minagatachi said:
yhunata said:
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?
A few chapters ago Spiral Zetsu and White Zetsu literally confirmed that Naruto was going to die from having the Nine Tails extracted. Word of mouth means shit all in this manga now.

But Naruto is of the Uzumaki lineage, which makes him able to survive the extraction, much like how Kushina did.
Mar 20, 2014 4:53 AM
Aug 2013
epic as f***
Mar 20, 2014 9:53 AM

Dec 2010
nanaki254 said:
Minagatachi said:
yhunata said:
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?

But Naruto is of the Uzumaki lineage, which makes him able to survive the extraction, much like how Kushina did.

Not quite. It just makes him survive for a few minutes. Kushina still died from having Kurama extracted. It's just that she had enough chakra to live for a little longer. Naruto only came back, most likely, because of the other half of Kurama being sealed inside him.
Mar 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. This chapter is so good. Kishi gave us what we wanted! Seeing Madara beaten to a pulp. Whoo. So intense!
Mar 20, 2014 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
Zelot said:
Wasn't expecting a giant hole to be cause by that attack, caught me by surprised.
How did he train this technique? Did he use it at the other gates? Or is it the typical shounen "New ability, becomes master of ability in a second" thing.

It's not exactly something complex.

It's a punch. A really fast, really strong punch
Mar 21, 2014 1:25 AM

Sep 2013
I really don't think naruto being back is bad. Gai would soon die, after that who else can fight madara. No one!!! The only thing to do now is to guess their next power-ups.
Mar 21, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2011
LelouchTREZ said:
nanaki254 said:
Minagatachi said:
yhunata said:
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?

Not quite. It just makes him survive for a few minutes. Kushina still died from having Kurama extracted. It's just that she had enough chakra to live for a little longer. Naruto only came back, most likely, because of the other half of Kurama being sealed inside him.

Correct. Normally, people would die immediately after an extraction. The Uzumaki lineage, however, allow the jinchuuriki to live for a while longer after the extraction. Naruto was the same, in a coma (I suppose), but Sakura extended his life for a while by manually pumping his heartbeat until Kurama could be returned to him.

Also, this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's interesting to note that Naruto awoke atop a watery surface. Obito's Kamui world isn't watery, so I suppose Naruto awoke within his subconsciousness? Wonder what is waiting, perhaps a talk with Kurama?
Mar 21, 2014 4:49 AM
Jan 2014
tankoubon-feind said:
anyone else think madara's abilities have been nerfed in order to make gai look better? i still liked the chapter but it's hard for me to believe that madara couldn't mount any offense in an entire chapter.

No, Madara is a saiyan. He is still enjoying the fight, seeing what Gai can do instead of just jumping in.
Mar 21, 2014 6:13 AM
Feb 2014
That was awesome and I want to see Gai kick some more ass, butt won't Madara just use the hashirama power to heal . Then the fights going to start all over again. This manga will never end and I'm okay with that!
Mar 22, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2011
always loved Guy enjoyed this chapter a lot..oh and hes back..yay..
Mar 23, 2014 7:59 AM

Dec 2009
If Gai really has weakened Madara surely it can't be by much. And as it's already been mentioned; he can just heal it back without even trying because he has Hashirama's cells for regeneration. Basically Gai's sacrifice seems pointless. He will die for opening the 8 gates and now the forces to fight Madara will be even weaker with 1 less alive.

All he's managed to do is stall a bit of time for Naruto (and presumably Sasuke) to get revived. But it seems like a real cop-out to just expect them to be able to handle Madara now. Everyone is expecting them to do it because "friendship is power" and whatnot, as well as the series being called "Naruto" so he HAS to be the one to beat Madara, but it will have to be in some cheap gimmicky way and that's going to be lame.

No one can beat Madara in a 1-1 fight, he's just too powerful, and even against multiple opponents he's still too powerful. I don't see how just Naruto and Sasuke will be able to win unless they start to use bullshit Dragon Ball techniques like "everyone lend your power, together we can defeat him, teamwork for the win, genki dama!". That's too cheap and easy. Raw power won't beat Madara, so it will undoubtedly have to be something stupid or unpredictable, and whatever it is will not be satisfying.
Mar 23, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
gleevenlord said:
If Gai really has weakened Madara surely it can't be by much. And as it's already been mentioned; he can just heal it back without even trying because he has Hashirama's cells for regeneration. Basically Gai's sacrifice seems pointless. He will die for opening the 8 gates and now the forces to fight Madara will be even weaker with 1 less alive.

All he's managed to do is stall a bit of time for Naruto (and presumably Sasuke) to get revived. But it seems like a real cop-out to just expect them to be able to handle Madara now. Everyone is expecting them to do it because "friendship is power" and whatnot, as well as the series being called "Naruto" so he HAS to be the one to beat Madara, but it will have to be in some cheap gimmicky way and that's going to be lame.

No one can beat Madara in a 1-1 fight, he's just too powerful, and even against multiple opponents he's still too powerful. I don't see how just Naruto and Sasuke will be able to win unless they start to use bullshit Dragon Ball techniques like "everyone lend your power, together we can defeat him, teamwork for the win, genki dama!". That's too cheap and easy. Raw power won't beat Madara, so it will undoubtedly have to be something stupid or unpredictable, and whatever it is will not be satisfying.

I have a feeling I know how he'll be defeated.... or at least, what will be used to defeat him. How they're gonna use them on him, though, I don't know.
Mar 24, 2014 1:30 AM
Mar 2014
Finally someone hit Madara <3
Mar 24, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
yhunata said:

I have a feeling I know how he'll be defeated.... or at least, what will be used to defeat him. How they're gonna use them on him, though, I don't know.

What is your idea? The Sage's ninja tools possibly? Yeah they might have something to do it. Probably sealing a bit of Madara's power to weaken him or something along those lines.
Mar 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
LelouchTREZ said:

Kushina still died from having Kurama extracted. It's just that she had enough chakra to live for a little longer.

That doesn't have to do with chakra. Kushina didn't die right away because of her special life-force.
Mar 25, 2014 9:17 AM
Aug 2013
is it wrong for me to say, Madara was the one who disliked it?
Mar 25, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2007
yhunata said:
LelouchTREZ said:
nanaki254 said:
Minagatachi said:
yhunata said:
Ponyo_ said:

You...... think?

Correct. Normally, people would die immediately after an extraction. The Uzumaki lineage, however, allow the jinchuuriki to live for a while longer after the extraction. Naruto was the same, in a coma (I suppose), but Sakura extended his life for a while by manually pumping his heartbeat until Kurama could be returned to him.

Also, this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's interesting to note that Naruto awoke atop a watery surface. Obito's Kamui world isn't watery, so I suppose Naruto awoke within his subconsciousness? Wonder what is waiting, perhaps a talk with Kurama?

But wait a min, em i missing something or wasn't kurama stollen by madara and when minato tried to use his other half of kurama for naruto, madara swooped down and took it to. So he should have the full extent of all tailed beasts. The only thing he is missing is the other rinnegen eye. So with that being said, how would naruto be able to use another half of kurama, he doesn't have kurama in him self at all. That is the whole reason why he was to the point of death.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.