Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2014 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Megumi saiying "Futari wa precure" before the combined attack.

I sooo see what they did here.
Mar 16, 2014 1:10 PM
Jun 2011
this was great episode and cure aqua did this week messege and the new combined attack good
Mar 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2008
Cure Aqua. Now I'm torn here. In one hand Aqua is my second favorite Cure overall, so seeing her is awesome. In the other I find really lame Yes already got two Cures while Suite and DokiDoki still got none! And speaking of DokiDoki and lameness, MANA THE FREAKING PRIME MINISTER. I love how Mana gets favored even on shows that aren't hers, now that goes beyond bias.

As for the episode it wasn't too bad, but the overall plot is kind of weird. I mean, the point of all these early episodes is showing how Hime improves and becomes less bratty, right? Then it doesn't make much sense the one time we see her take the initiative and refuse help Megumi butts in and does all the work for her, then fails to see why this is bad. It's kind of backwards, honestly. Not a huge problem, but still. Also Hime is mean for not inviting Yuuko to the party! A party for their 100th day as frie- wait a second, it hasn't even been half that in real life, and it sure as hell doesn't look like a season changed. TOEI!

The fight, well, it has the problem Hime points out: Megumi bailing her out again and again. Like above, the point of this part was showing Hime's growth as a Cure and make her go from weak to strong. Showing how she always needs to have her ass saved is a terribad, see what I did here, way to do this. Especially when Megumi keeps pulling crazy new moves out of nowhere and Hime does the same few over and over. Pink Cure Bias, how I did not miss you at all! At least the combination move was cooler than the preview made it seem.

As for the preview it has so much to say in so little. First Oresky shows up, which is cool since he looks more imposing than the other villains and might shake up things. Also the yukata part with twintails Hime was cute. And more Fortune! Speaking of seems her regular self, Iona says Pixiv, is a FORTUNEteller just like Setsuna was; Toei leaves no plot idea uncopied it seems.
Mar 16, 2014 4:03 PM
Jun 2011
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Cure Aqua. Now I'm torn here. In one hand Aqua is my second favorite Cure overall, so seeing her is awesome. In the other I find really lame Yes already got two Cures while Suite and DokiDoki still got none! And speaking of DokiDoki and lameness, MANA THE FREAKING PRIME MINISTER. I love how Mana gets favored even on shows that aren't hers, now that goes beyond bias.

As for the episode it wasn't too bad, but the overall plot is kind of weird. I mean, the point of all these early episodes is showing how Hime improves and becomes less bratty, right? Then it doesn't make much sense the one time we see her take the initiative and refuse help Megumi butts in and does all the work for her, then fails to see why this is bad. It's kind of backwards, honestly. Not a huge problem, but still. Also Hime is mean for not inviting Yuuko to the party! A party for their 100th day as frie- wait a second, it hasn't even been half that in real life, and it sure as hell doesn't look like a season changed. TOEI!

The fight, well, it has the problem Hime points out: Megumi bailing her out again and again. Like above, the point of this part was showing Hime's growth as a Cure and make her go from weak to strong. Showing how she always needs to have her ass saved is a terribad, see what I did here, way to do this. Especially when Megumi keeps pulling crazy new moves out of nowhere and Hime does the same few over and over. Pink Cure Bias, how I did not miss you at all! At least the combination move was cooler than the preview made it seem.

As for the preview it has so much to say in so little. First Oresky shows up, which is cool since he looks more imposing than the other villains and might shake up things. Also the yukata part with twintails Hime was cute. And more Fortune! Speaking of seems her regular self, Iona says Pixiv, is a FORTUNEteller just like Setsuna was; Toei leaves no plot idea uncopied it seems.
you know by what we seen until now i think the energy attacks and finishers are stuff they’re visualizing from their own imaginations for example the shields they did it without having this in previous episodes and also the punch magical attack
Mar 16, 2014 4:10 PM
Mar 2012
Funny how the one time Hme wants to do something alone, people want to help her out.

Arlia said:
Megumi saiying "Futari wa precure" before the combined attack.

I sooo see what they did here.

I totally missed that, gotta watch again now.
Mar 16, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
0:49 hime bukkake fanservice

4:21 megumi looking good in a frilly white/red dress

7:28 epic ost

--------------------------
1. Hime = loud spoiled brat. Hard to watch her

2. Megumi = always helpful/caring. Hime is lucky to have her around

3. Tea party was just ok… eh.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 16, 2014 10:09 PM

May 2012
I cracked up when I realized what the cake was.

"That cake looks familiar..."
Mar 16, 2014 11:06 PM
Jun 2011
ZettaiRyouiki said:

but it good thing to rely on outher pepoles to help her and not do everything alone.why it so bad?
Mar 17, 2014 12:43 AM

Nov 2008
billybob300c said:

There is such a thing as too helpful, it's called overbearing. You can't call Hime a "loud spoiled brat" when she's not allowed to try to improve by doing things without help.

elior1 said:
but it good thing to rely on outher pepoles to help her and not do everything alone.why it so bad?

Because the point of the early episodes is Hime can't do things on her own, and the one time she tries to do things on her own they don't let her do so. And Megumi at least was being herself, but Ribbon is inexcusable as she knew the truth, yet instead of shooing Megumi away SHE HELPED HER. Way to treat Hime like utterly worthless, you so-called friends.
Mar 17, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
billybob300c said:

There is such a thing as too helpful, it's called overbearing. You can't call Hime a "loud spoiled brat" when she's not allowed to try to improve by doing things without help.

elior1 said:

Because the point of the early episodes is Hime can't do things on her own, and the one time she tries to do things on her own they don't let her do so. And Megumi at least was being herself, but Ribbon is inexcusable as she knew the truth, yet instead of shooing Megumi away SHE HELPED HER. Way to treat Hime like utterly worthless, you so-called friends.

True, but there is also the thing about being too secretive which I believe is what kept Hime from trying something on her own this episode. It would have been nice of Hime to mention that there would be a surprise in the invitation, but she didn't; hence why Megumi thought it would be just another party, which invited undue curiousity.

Ribbon did know everything from the beginning, sure, but you can't blame her either because One; Megumi had innocently ruined the surprise already (as per above), and Two; isn't it the mentor mascot's job to help the heroines get along at the very least? At that point, they just had an arguement. It would have been worse for Ribbon to continue holding the secret since Megumi had known too much as it was, but we can see that Ribbon did not want to ruin the surprise either.

As for the fight itself, remember that Princess is not the expert/veteran that Fortune is. It would feel out of place for Princess to win against a Terribad on her own this early in the series, especially after the fight she had with Megumi which would certainly dampen the power of friendship (you know, the franchise's flagship concept).
aNinjaWithAIDSMar 17, 2014 1:41 AM
Mar 17, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2008
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
True, but there is also the thing about being too secretive which I believe is what kept Hime from trying something on her own this episode. It would have been nice of Hime to mention that there would be a surprise in the invitation, but she didn't; hence why Megumi thought it would be just another party, which invited undue curiousity.

If you say there will be a surprise, it stops being a surprise. In fact saying there will be a surprise could cause MORE curiosity.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Ribbon did know everything from the beginning, sure, but you can't blame her either because One; Megumi had innocently ruined the surprise already (as per above), and Two; isn't it the mentor mascot's job to help the heroines get along at the very least? At that point, they just had an arguement. It would have been worse for Ribbon to continue holding the secret since Megumi had known too much as it was, but we can see that Ribbon did not want to ruin the surprise either.

Ribbon could've just blown Megumi away saying a half truth, that Hime wanted to cook by herself to prove she could do it or something like that. She didn't need to say the cake was for Megumi.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
As for the fight itself, remember that Princess is not the expert/veteran that Fortune is. It would feel out of place for Princess to win against a Terribad on her own this early in the series, especially after the fight she had with Megumi which would certainly dampen the power of friendship (you know, the franchise's flagship concept).

Yes, but the one saving Princess was't Fortune, it was Lovely who has even LESS battle experience than Princess does.
Mar 17, 2014 2:03 AM
Jun 2011
ZettaiRyouiki said:
aNinjaWithAIDS said:

If you say there will be a surprise, it stops being a surprise. In fact saying there will be a surprise could cause MORE curiosity.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:

Ribbon could've just blown Megumi away saying a half truth, that Hime wanted to cook by herself to prove she could do it or something like that. She didn't need to say the cake was for Megumi.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:

Yes, but the one saving Princess was't Fortune, it was Lovely who has even LESS battle experience than Princess does.
i think hime will be the girl in dismal who need to be saved always by megumi i mean look at cure princess she hopeless in the fight without someone help her
Mar 17, 2014 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
Three problems:

ZettaiRyouiki said:
If you say there will be a surprise, it stops being a surprise. In fact saying there will be a surprise could cause MORE curiosity

It's still a better alternative than what actually happened. Knowing that there is a surprise is one thing, not knowing what that surprise is maintains the spectacle. Not only that, it would have made it clear to Megumi that she needs to respect Hime's space in preparing said surprise. That's my point.

ZettaiRyouiki said:

Ribbon could have tried deception, but that still wouldn't solve the problem that Hime and Megumi were fighting at that specific moment. What's more important: maintaining the relationship or maintaining the surprise? Any sane person should say the former.

ZettaiRyouiki said:

You're right, but you missed my point. Fortune has learned to handle herself, and Princess has not. It's true that Lovely is also new, but she's smart enough not to run off on her own and always thinks of fighting as a team rather than alone. Two newbies side-by-side have a chance at fragging even the best players in the game. Also, Princess was being foolish in overestimating herself which is the message behind Hoshiwa's banter (albiet unintential on her part).
aNinjaWithAIDSMar 17, 2014 2:58 AM
Mar 17, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2008
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
It's still a better alternative than what actually happened. Knowing that there is a surprise is one thing, not knowing what that surprise is maintains the spectacle. Not only that, it would have made it clear to Megumi that she needs to respect Hime's space in preparing said surprise. That's my point.

If you don't say what the surprise is, Megumi has no reason to think it's the cake and thus not bother Hime. For all she knows the surprise is Blue is bringing home a puppy.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Ribbon could have tried deception, but that still wouldn't solve the problem that Hime and Megumi were fighting at that specific moment. What's more important: maintaining the relationship or maintaining the surprise? Any sane person should say the former.

Had she said that from the beginning, it would've kept the relationship fine. Plus the whole point of Hime making the cake was HER thanking Megumi for her friendship, if Megumi did the cake herself it would diminish the point and that's not what Hime would want. Hell, Megumi helping would still hurt the relationship too as it'd make Hime feel she's a load for Megumi.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
You're right, but you missed my point. Fortune has learned to handle herself, and Princess has not. It's true that Lovely is also new, but she's smart enough not to run off on her own and always thinks of fighting as a team rather than alone. Two newbies side-by-side have a chance at fragging even the best players in the game. Also, Princess was being foolish in overestimating herself which is the message behind Hoshiwa's banter (albiet unintential on her part).

That would be fine if they then fought with teamwork, but no, it was Lovely ALONE kicking the Terribad's ass and pulling new moves out of her ass while Princess stood there slack-jawed. You can't say fighting alone is bad when Lovely is kicking ass on her own, and finishing off the enemy with a combination attack doesn't mean much when there is nothing saying their regular finishers wouldn't work just as well.
Mar 17, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
If you don't say what the surprise is, Megumi has no reason to think it's the cake and thus not bother Hime. For all she knows the surprise is Blue is bringing home a puppy.

Again, the point is maintaining the spectacle. With that hypothetical situation, the surprise would still be a sucess, thus affirming my arguement.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Had she said that from the beginning, it would've kept the relationship fine. Plus the whole point of Hime making the cake was HER thanking Megumi for her friendship, if Megumi did the cake herself it would diminish the point and that's not what Hime would want. Hell, Megumi helping would still hurt the relationship too as it'd make Hime feel she's a load for Megumi.

Wouldn't half-truthing from the get-go make Megumi suspicious of what the surprise might be?

ZettaiRyouiki said:
That would be fine if they then fought with teamwork, but no, it was Lovely ALONE kicking the Terribad's ass and pulling new moves out of her ass while Princess stood there slack-jawed. You can't say fighting alone is bad when Lovely is kicking ass on her own, and finishing off the enemy with a combination attack doesn't mean much when there is nothing saying their regular finishers wouldn't work just as well.

Pulling new moves out the ass is one thing, but that's not the topic of this debate.

I'm not saying fighting alone is bad. I'm calling to attention that the show knows how dangerous it can be when you go into a battle with an arrogant attitude, which is Hime's greatest weakness when it comes to being a Cure. Cure Lovely never had this problem. She focuses on the task at hand, she's mindful of her teammate during battle, and she's mindful of what's at stake before going into said battles: the exact opposite of arrogance. If the personal issue(s) of the week resolve during said battle, all the better.

Addendum: I'm enjoying this debate btw. It's making me think about the subtle details I might otherwise pass up.
aNinjaWithAIDSMar 17, 2014 4:22 AM
Mar 17, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Again, the point is maintaining the spectacle. With that hypothetical situation, the surprise would still be a sucess, thus affirming my arguement.

Except the idea of telling Megumi there is a surprise is to avoid her bothering Hime, but if she has no reason to think the surprise is the cake she might still go help because that's what Megumi does.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Wouldn't half-truthing from the get-go make Megumi suspicious of what the surprise might be?

No, because no one expects a 100-day celebratory cake. And also getting Hime to do things was the point of this arc, so it'd make sense to think she just wants to show off without a further motive.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Pulling new moves out the ass is one thing, but that's not the topic of this debate.

I'm not saying fighting alone is bad. I'm calling to attention that the show knows how dangerous it can be when you go into a battle with an arrogant attitude, which is Hime's greatest weakness when it comes to being a Cure. Cure Lovely never had this problem. She focuses on the task at hand, she's mindful of her teammate during battle, and she's mindful of what's at stake before going into said battles: the exact opposite of arrogance. If the personal issue(s) of the week resolve during said battle, all the better.

Addendum: I'm enjoying this debate btw. It's making me think about the subtle details I might otherwise pass up.

Except Hime's flaw was never being arrogant, but rather the opposite: being fearful and unsure of herself. Hell, last episode she fought the Terribad mostly alone and she did fine, lack of a kill aside. Toei is just inconsistent on its writing. And yeah, I don't mind this debate either!
Mar 17, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
aNinjaWithAIDS said:

Except the idea of telling Megumi there is a surprise is to avoid her bothering Hime, but if she has no reason to think the surprise is the cake she might still go help because that's what Megumi does.

Yes, exactly. The problem with your arguement here is that you keep thinking about what X (the surprise) might have been when the idea is to let Megumi know that this X exists, but make it clear that Hime and/or Ribbon will tell her what it means at the specified time. It's kinda like saying, "Open your hands and close your eyes and you will get a big surprise!", but replace "close your eyes" with "do not come before the specified time". Should Megumi fail to understand that kind of instruction, it would have been fair to blame her. Yes, Megumi will be curious; but she would have been made to know better.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
aNinjaWithAIDS said:

No, because no one expects a 100-day celebratory cake. And also getting Hime to do things was the point of this arc, so it'd make sense to think she just wants to show off without a further motive.

The problem is that half-truths always imply something (thank Kyubey for teaching us this one). It wasn't worth the risk of possibly hinting Megumi, especially since you agree that it would poke Megumi's curiousity even further. Remember, Megumi had already arrived hours early at this point in the episode.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
aNinjaWithAIDS said:

Except Hime's flaw was never being arrogant, but rather the opposite: being fearful and unsure of herself. Hell, last episode she fought the Terribad mostly alone and she did fine, lack of a kill aside. Toei is just inconsistent on its writing. And yeah, I don't mind this debate either!

Thank you for correcting my exaggeration; however, I feel that Princess was being quite arrogant in this episode at least: she went into the fight with something to prove to herself while being overconfident when the town/world is at stake, from one extreme to the other. She got cocky/overzealous and nearly ate it... literally. It was a bit inconsistent, but still fairly believable coming from a spoiled brat. I still stand by the idea that she does not have the right mindset going into battle most of the time. That's why she needs Lovely to back her up for now, at least while they both develop their personalities.
Mar 17, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Yes, exactly. The problem with your arguement here is that you keep thinking about what X (the surprise) might have been when the idea is to let Megumi know that this X exists, but make it clear that Hime and/or Ribbon will tell her what it means at the specified time. It's kinda like saying, "Open your hands and close your eyes and you will get a big surprise!", but replace "close your eyes" with "do not come before the specified time". Should Megumi fail to understand that kind of instruction, it would have been fair to blame her. Yes, Megumi will be curious; but she would have been made to know better.

That sounds fair, though Megumi would have probably showed up early to help because, as Seiji says in this episode, Megumi has the Mana flaw of trying to help others regardless of whenever the other wants to be helped or not. Hime might not have acted wisely, but the end result would've been more or less the same regardless.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
The problem is that half-truths always imply something (thank Kyubey for teaching us this one). It wasn't worth the risk of possibly hinting Megumi, especially since you agree that it would poke Megumi's curiousity even further. Remember, Megumi had already arrived hours early at this point in the episode.

Fair enough. Maybe the should've distracted Megumi telling her to go call Yuuko because Hime forgot to invite her. Nah, just kidding.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Thank you for correcting my exaggeration; however, I feel that Princess was being quite arrogant in this episode at least: she went into the fight with something to prove to herself while being overconfident when the town/world is at stake, from one extreme to the other. She got cocky/overzealous and nearly ate it... literally. It was a bit inconsistent, but still fairly believable coming from a spoiled brat. I still stand by the idea that she does not have the right mindset going into battle most of the time. That's why she needs Lovely to back her up for now, at least while they both develop their personalities.

Hime being inconsistent because of the current plot can work, this is true. I still think the execution was lacking, since it went from Princess alone not achieving much to Lovely alone CRUSHING the Terribad. Had they done it a little tamer, like Princess gets to punch a few Kindabads first and Lovely only uses moves we already knew, it would've worked better. Getting overzealous makes you do mistakes, it doesn't massively depower you like this implies.
Mar 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
That sounds fair, though Megumi would have probably showed up early to help because, as Seiji says in this episode, Megumi has the Mana flaw of trying to help others regardless of whenever the other wants to be helped or not. Hime might not have acted wisely, but the end result would've been more or less the same regardless.

I have a 3-word-term for this about Megumi and Mana: Chronic Hero Syndrome, espeically the latter's case. Yeah, it would still be plausible for Megumi to jump the gun, even with my proposed rewrite of the invitation; but that goes to show how annoying it can be when written poorly and/or thoughtlessly.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Fair enough. Maybe the should've distracted Megumi telling her to go call Yuuko because Hime forgot to invite her. Nah, just kidding.

I'm glad that you finally see the dillema Ribbon went through to keep the secret.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Hime being inconsistent because of the current plot can work, this is true. I still think the execution was lacking, since it went from Princess alone not achieving much to Lovely alone CRUSHING the Terribad. Had they done it a little tamer, like Princess gets to punch a few Kindabads first and Lovely only uses moves we already knew, it would've worked better. Getting overzealous makes you do mistakes, it doesn't massively depower you like this implies.

I agree that the concept was good, yet poorly played out. The implied depower was very shallow indeed. Maybe Hoshiwa could have been more agressive when Princess had her guard down or made a mistake? That's how I would have done it.
Mar 17, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2011
Not even trailer was interesting :P ok nice to see Aqua.

And they did it! :D Megumi had just became less bearable than Mana, that is an acchievement. Maybe it's this one episode but it would be so nice if her development would go into direction of allowing her friends to act without her.
Or at least behave in different way with someone as awkward as Hime - good that Seiji tells her this (again) but she just doesn't learn or something?

Just bring on Yuuko as Precure, she is our only hope.
Mar 18, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
ZettaiRyouiki said:
MANA THE FREAKING PRIME MINISTER

I never watched beyond a few eps of DokiDoki because it rubbed me the wrong way too much for some reason, but is she really that bad? I mean I really didn't take to her, but with the flak she gets I'm wondering how annoying she really was lol

Update: So I started looking into Doki Doki, she seems to be the lamest most annoying Mary Sue character after Bella from Twilight, I understand the rage lol
YakuriMar 18, 2014 7:08 PM
Mar 18, 2014 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
So..uh...100 days have passed since the start of the show? That means they've been fighting the bad guys for 100 days, or the enemies just attacked every second week haha. Yeah, even though it may seem harmless, it kinda makes things hilariously bad. Like, why not 50 day anniversary.

I liked the "Futari wa Precure" bit, but overall it was still a pretty weak episode. It makes me curious how bad Doki Doki was if it's worse than this.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 19, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
ZettaiRyouiki said:
billybob300c said:

elior1 said:

I wouldn't say that Princess isn't the veteran that Fortune is. Princess isn't an expert, that has been pushed in our faces from the start, but she has certainly been a Cure as long as or even longer than Fortune if you look at the context clue. If Princess had just been some random newbie at the beginning of the show Fortune wouldn't show so much hatred towards her and if Hime herself is the person who opened the box it would make sense that she would be the first person made to correct the problem. So while Princess may be extremely weak from fear and a mixture of other things, she certainly isn't that new of a Cure.

Although it would be nice if they could have Princess and Lovely powering up at the same time rather than having Lovely always be ahead of Princess.
Mar 19, 2014 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Shit lovely pulled a sword. Why couldn't cure sword do that.
Mar 20, 2014 4:11 PM

Apr 2012
Sasuke10271994 said:
I wouldn't say that Princess isn't the veteran that Fortune is. Princess isn't an expert, that has been pushed in our faces from the start, but she has certainly been a Cure as long as or even longer than Fortune if you look at the context clue. If Princess had just been some random newbie at the beginning of the show Fortune wouldn't show so much hatred towards her and if Hime herself is the person who opened the box it would make sense that she would be the first person made to correct the problem. So while Princess may be extremely weak from fear and a mixture of other things, she certainly isn't that new of a Cure.

Although it would be nice if they could have Princess and Lovely powering up at the same time rather than having Lovely always be ahead of Princess.

Okay, I stand corrected on my misuse of words: Cure Princess may be a veteran, but she's clearly no expert. ZettaiRyouiki also corrected me on was the reason why:

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Except Hime's flaw was never being arrogant, but rather the opposite: being fearful and unsure of herself.

@Sasuke10271994: However, I still believe that Hime/Princess was being arrogant in this episode at the least, but it's not her main flaw as (s)he said.
Mar 21, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2010
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
Sasuke10271994 said:

Okay, I stand corrected on my misuse of words: Cure Princess may be a veteran, but she's clearly no expert. ZettaiRyouiki also corrected me on was the reason why:

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Except Hime's flaw was never being arrogant, but rather the opposite: being fearful and unsure of herself.

@Sasuke10271994: However, I still believe that Hime/Princess was being arrogant in this episode at the least, but it's not her main flaw as (s)he said.

I realize there was a tone of arrogance in Princess's need to go on by herself, but at the same time I think her actions were driven by the fact that no one let her try anything for herself, which was undermined by the way Toei decided to end the epiosde with Lovely stealing more of the spotlight.
Mar 24, 2014 3:48 AM

Nov 2008
Yakuri said:
I never watched beyond a few eps of DokiDoki because it rubbed me the wrong way too much for some reason, but is she really that bad? I mean I really didn't take to her, but with the flak she gets I'm wondering how annoying she really was lol

Update: So I started looking into Doki Doki, she seems to be the lamest most annoying Mary Sue character after Bella from Twilight, I understand the rage lol

Half Bella and half Edward. I'm not swooning. Also the prime minister thing is something she says in one episode as a throwaway joke, the fact it ended becoming true was meant to be funny I think but only ended making Mana look more, well, Mana Sue.

Sasuke10271994 said:

Indeed. The focus on these early eps was Hime's growth, having Lovely the newcomer ahead ruins it.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:

I'm a guy.

Sasuke10271994 said:
I realize there was a tone of arrogance in Princess's need to go on by herself, but at the same time I think her actions were driven by the fact that no one let her try anything for herself, which was undermined by the way Toei decided to end the epiosde with Lovely stealing more of the spotlight.

Toei is an expert at ruining its own morals, so having an episode on how Hime feels bad as no one lets her do things end with Lovely not letting Princess do things isn't that surprising, sadly. Even worse given the reference to the first three series, where the two main girls were always portrayed as equally strong. There's that episode where Honoka gets kidnapped and Nagisa saves her, but it comes as "Look how far their friendship has come" than "Look how Black kicks ass much better than White any day of the week" as this ended being.
Mar 24, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2008
Lovely: "Lovely Punching Punch!"

What the HELL hahahahahaha!

One thing I've noticed so far is that they seem to be overplaying Megumi's "pushiness" flaw, she got told off by Seiji last episode too, but I don't feel she's really that pushy and overbearing is they say she is. Not even in the transfer student episode I felt she was being too pushy. While she's a "my pace" girl for sure, it just doesn't feel as that big a deal. It's like they're trying to make up for the crappy last season, but they're making her "flaw" bigger than it really is.

@ZettaiRyouiki: that's pretty insane, thank goodness I didn't like the first episodes.
May 1, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2009
Cure Aqua :)

Hime was just trying to do things by herself. I think Megumi should have at least gave her some space. Though with her personality, of course she wants to help as much as possible. Even if she might irritate someone, she already mentions she will always help anyone no matter what.

Hosshiwa again?? :P

Still amazing combination again!

"Precure Twin Miracle Power Shoot!!!!!!!"

Lol the cake look like one of the terribad's they just defeated XD

At least they're friends again!

Looks like the next precure will properly introduce herself in the next episode :)

Can't wait!!
Jan 22, 2019 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
Hime just wanted to make a cake, give her margin!

Poor Seiji got treated like trash wherever he went lmao.

New attack! Seeing them get closer and closer is so heartwarming n_n, nice episode and 100th day celebration of their friendship.
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
Oct 2021
Aside from the hilariously poor naming choices of this season (Punching Punch, really? As opposed to the non-punching punch, I guess….), I’m enjoying it so far. It’s a pretty relaxing and chill season with both sweet and funny character interactions, a nice step back since the last few seasons I’ve watched (Heartcatch, GoPri, Hugtto, Star Twinkle) have been relatively heavy for Precure.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

» It seems we will once again have to suffer having Pink Precure lead

Kleferi - Dec 13, 2014

29 by Atsunome »»
Jun 30, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.