Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kuniko's encounter with Sayoko isn't the right time but with Momoko by her side it shouldn't be too much of a problem^^ No matter how you look at it, Ryouko is going to be the final villain here. I can't believe Kuniko got knocked down by Ryouko(high speed), looks like it's not going to be an easy battle to win. From the looks of it, it seems that Kunihito is betraying Kuniko but hopefully the next episode explains it.
ShanaFlameAug 30, 2009 7:59 PM
Aug 31, 2009 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
wow, what an episode.
-jaw dropping ending/cliffhanger-
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 31, 2009 6:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, the cliffhanger this time really made me go "NO!"

Lots of tension here. Can't believe it's almost over.
Aug 31, 2009 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
woah .... surprising ... 2 more episodes to go

Sep 1, 2009 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:

Things left to cover:
Endless Forest
Kuniko and Mikuni's parents
Ryoko's motivation
Importance (if any) of Sion
Karin's Parents
Sayoko's daughter
Two of these were actually solved this week. Ryoko's motivation was explained (kind of cliche but effective) and Sayoko's daughter is, sadly, dead as solved by the great detective Momoko.

Personally I think Sion has no purpose and as for Karin's parents, we probably got as much info as we're going to get about them as in, they're never around and they're rich. Something tells me they'll show up in the finale though.

We still have to deal with Mikuni and Kuniko's parents though (BTW, what was the Endless Forst again?)
Sep 1, 2009 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
huh O.o
the ending was....

dam i wanna see next week's
Sep 3, 2009 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
The Shark has officially been jumped, and the show has been Gonzo'd.
Sep 3, 2009 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
9Tale said:
The Shark has officially been jumped, and the show has been Gonzo'd.
What? How? Is it because of the Ryoko reveal?
Sep 3, 2009 4:46 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
great episode.

i bet his mother was kidnapped and is in danger.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 3, 2009 6:48 PM

Feb 2008
Just when I thought this series might have redeemed itself they give us a dire episode like that. Plot development has been awful. What is with Zeus having an human "interface"? That and the weird twist at the end has me wondering if this series can get any worse. The series has been a let down. Good thing that there's only two episodes left.
Sep 4, 2009 3:49 AM

Dec 2008
omg Ryouko's annoyance reached a new level
Now she is an invincible Kung Fu AI XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2009 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
Omgg, twists from everywhere in this ep. Can't wait for the next one!
Sep 6, 2009 10:34 PM

Dec 2008
yeah.....pyouko's character is getting pretty extreme. i can't believe they made her zeus.
uh. the cliffhanger! i was like no! kuniko's boy toy! they are supposed to be lovers?!

Sep 7, 2009 12:29 AM

Aug 2008
5hRreDDy said:
Just when I thought this series might have redeemed itself they give us a dire episode like that. Plot development has been awful. What is with Zeus having an human "interface"? That and the weird twist at the end has me wondering if this series can get any worse. The series has been a let down. Good thing that there's only two episodes left.

On the whole, I don't think plot development has been awful. We ended up coherently taking Mikuni from an evil, spoiled girl who killed without a thought, to a kind, empathetic, vengeful child. Kunkio has gone from uber-annoying, aimless girl who didn't want to take responsibility for her future, to the main herione who is desperately grasping for the future. I'd also say Karin's stuff was quite good on the whole. That right there is the bulk of the show. What they fail at isn't so much the development, since she has always been Zeus, it's the whole Atlas part of the background...and thus, much of the sci-fi elements of the anime.

After they had Ryoko deflecting bullets, they needed a pretty damn good explanation, and even though this isn't good, it's sufficient, because it explains a lot of her attitude during the show. So as far as that goes, I'm happy we finally don't have to worry about that question anymore. Looking at the list that I made last week, this episode managed to do quite a lot: we went up the forest (which is actually just the stairs to get to Zeus, go figure), got motivation for Sayoko, Ryoko, and the green haired guy (quite unexpected...and a little unnecessary), and found out about Sayoko's daughter through a convenient analysis from Momoko.

With two episodes left, all we have to do now is just wait for Kuniko to become the Queen of the World. As far as Kunihito is concerned, I think he feels like it's his job to protect Atlas, and since Atlas has it's new successor, he needs to do his job as a Digma and soldier, and protect Mikuni. It's as simple as that. I could be wrong, but we'll see I guess.
Sep 7, 2009 2:09 AM

Oct 2007
^ and I don't need to say anything more, good job noteDhero.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 8, 2009 5:58 AM

May 2007
Ryoko is Zeus, WHAT?!?!!?

Kunihito betrayes Kuniko WHAT?!?!?!?!

Lots of cliffhangers and explanations.
My anime list
Sep 8, 2009 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
garfield15 said:
Wow, the cliffhanger this time really made me go "NO!"

Lots of tension here. Can't believe it's almost over.

Haha Same....but it has been one hell of a ride from the beginning can't wait to see how all this pans out in the end
Sep 11, 2009 6:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Siva said:
^ and I don't need to say anything more, good job noteDhero.

That sums up my thought. I should appoint noteDhero as my lawyer (if I ever need one)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2009 1:31 AM

Jul 2008
so ryoko is a... cyborg? that explains a lot. and turns out one of her bodyguards is sayoko's brother from a different mother.
anyways kuniko getting her butt handed to her, and that army guy betrays her, what the hell?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 13, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2008
With so many twists I'm actually unable to recall a lot of beginning episodes
Sep 18, 2009 5:26 PM

Jan 2009
Now then, next episode (a.k.a. this one, that is)
Oh and btw, did I mention that the OP is really good?^^

Shogo's a pretty cool guy, huh?
And Ryoko's still a bitch >.> But I really shouldn't be saying something like that, due to various reasons.
Sayoko jumped xD

Now, stuff seems to be happening, this is cool shit!
...wait.. Don't tell me.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Damn Ryoko!
Although she is .. wait, maybe it's time to start calling her it? Anyway, she/it's pretty awesome actually O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 6, 2009 6:16 PM
May 2008
Quite an interesting episode, a few twists but not much else. There is still so much unknown, that it is hard to care what happens next.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 16, 2009 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it. Ryoko being an artificial body for a computer is a perfect explanation for many things as far as i am concern. It explains the complete ruthlessness and lack of feelings. Strangely enough it also made me dislike her a little less(although i still hate her) since it's just a machine and she/it doesn't understand feelings.
Also her being Zeus and making Medusa destroy the world is a lot better than Medusa acting alone since we all really wanted Ryoko to be the ultimate bad guy.

I wonder if Mikuni is really dying by her disease? And AGAIN Mikuni explained clearly that the people dying around her wasn't something she wanted to do. It's just some unnatural power she was born with, that kills people when they lie to her.

The cliffhanger was really a WTF moment. What is that idiot doing?
It looks like we are gonna have a nice ending.

The only thing i didn't like was how Sayoko was getting in-frond of everyone. Wasn't she fighting Momoko?
Feb 25, 2010 4:16 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder what Kunihito is doing....maybe they're trying to make us think he is the bad guy when he's not....but maybe he is one...idk.
Dec 9, 2013 3:53 PM

May 2012
I... I did not expect this character development and boy was it good this sure is a huge twist on who's who actually :p But well let's see if they actually manage to save the world by controlling Zeus!
Jul 5, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
I'm upset. This is a 2-cour show, why do they have to wait until the final 2-3 episodes to jam explanation and other new stuff in? Why?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 14, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
Monad said:
I liked it. Ryoko being an artificial body for a computer is a perfect explanation for many things as far as i am concern. It explains the complete ruthlessness and lack of feelings. Strangely enough it also made me dislike her a little less(although i still hate her) since it's just a machine and she/it doesn't understand feelings.
Also her being Zeus and making Medusa destroy the world is a lot better than Medusa acting alone since we all really wanted Ryoko to be the ultimate bad guy.

thanks for that. i was wondering why she had those superhuman abilities.
------
ooh, we get some action? keeeeeewl :D

also i really hate the idea of supporting your family, even though you barely know them. that shouldn't be the reason why you should help your sister. you should judge her by her person and her person alone, not by simple blood relations.

but sleepin' with the sis tho? ew, no thanks. it doesn't appear he even liked sayako anyway.
Aug 18, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2017
Those images on old men's computers reminded me of Magi from Eva.

Shogo has the same glasses weapon as Sayoko, nice detail
Dec 28, 2022 2:03 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was full of surprises, really a good one,
So Sayoko has a younger brother, didn't expect that,
Ryoko is really OP compared to the rest,
I really want to know why Kunihito turned sides against Kuniko,
2 more episodes to go, let's see what happen.
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Jul 2008
New brother out of nowhere, and Ryoko is a computer made flesh? And also wants to destroy everyone while grandma and grandpa sit back and play chess.

Oh my head hurts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 19 Discussion

firekites - Aug 9, 2009

37 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 27, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.