Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah, Saturn just got messed up.

And shit just got real.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 6, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2008
They finally found ONE tracking device!

All this time, I thought Fard was a girl with the hair and him running around with a doll.

I should have seen that death flag rise when Fard gave Moera that doll. RIP, Moera...

Don't die, Bes!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 3, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt know I wanted Moera to die until this ep. His character is quite annoying. At least Kasha gives me a laugh.
Hannah_Ana said:
They finally found ONE tracking device!
And they only found it because Gije probably told them that the Solo ship was being tracked by the buff clan.
May 23, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
Lazy writing
Jun 20, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Super predictable and the shift to Moera being the quasi-protagonist after getting like 5 minutes of screen time through the whole series was awkward, but I still almost cried. I thought Fard had a mental disability or something until he spoke. Gije piloting the Ideon is probably not a good idea. He's too damaged and interested in it's power, on top of being a traitor and serial failure. At least the show acknowledges that he's a fuck up instead of trying to treat him like a badass like they did with Char though. I wish Tomino would have carried that over to Zeta Gundam.
Jan 12, 2016 8:10 AM

Jun 2012
Poor Moera... Well, that was predictable

And what about the glasses guy who was by his side? He died too?
Dec 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Jan 2016
Death flags: The episode. Never before had i seen a single character raise so many flags in such a short span of time.

For what it's worth, with the Rukukukukuku lady gone we can shift focus into another (possibly the final?) main antagonist, and the funeral scene wasn't half bad.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Jul 23, 2017 3:26 AM

Dec 2015
So people inside the Ideon can die? Moera's death became obvious to me only with the sad strings before he left the ship. ^^"  
They should have sprinkled bits of characterization (or simply show him do things other than pilot) in prior episodes. Or keep him as a pilot with no identity until he died (in other words the "people die on the battlefield around you, even if you don't know them" treatment).
Moera burned ?! Nice word play. XD

The kid's decision to grow up was a nice touch to a stupid episode. The harsh conditions are easy to accept as a reason for his muted behaviour until now.

What was the deal between the ship commander and the princess? o_O That came out of nowhere (or was the fallen militia captain a very close relative of Karala's sister?)

I wasn"t sure if the show would end up taking the Harlock route. I hope they do find a planet.

2/5 With Bess unable to order, what will happen?
Rei_IIIJul 23, 2017 3:31 AM
Feb 15, 2018 7:55 AM

Oct 2008
Oh look the series finally took notice for 3 character it had but got almost zero attention until now,who would have thought it could do anything besides infinite,mindless action scenes...
Nov 28, 2020 1:53 PM

Oct 2010
rip moera
he was a bit too extreme in his views, he didn't want to defend earth, he wanted to head to buff clan planet to destroy it and he was against karala and gije. poor guy found love and then he dies but at least he protected solo ship. that's war for you, you go to battle then you don't come back, or you come back dead and everyone (even kasha, but she was faking) is crying for you.
great episode, this show is getting better and better
CatalanoNov 28, 2020 1:57 PM
Dec 4, 2020 10:01 PM

Mar 2015
Didn't really like the writing this episode, but it was classic Tomino. Anytime a character gets a weird amount of attention, says nonsense, and acts happy, they die. Classic Tomino.
Aug 23, 2022 5:35 PM

Nov 2014
Oh my god, Saturn's ring getting partially destroyed was pure awesome. Moera's death was whatever, it was too telegraphed for me to care.
Jun 13, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2011
Moera died from death flags overdose. Felt a bit over the top honestly.
Poor Saturn too, losing it's rings.

And finally, the tracking device. I blame Karala for them not being found sooner.
Also I have to say the assassination on Rukuku litteraly a minute before her ship get blown up anyways is kinda amusing.
Aug 19, 2023 7:32 PM

Sep 2020
Poor Moera, but why couldn't he just flee to one of the other cockpits like the other guy?

They finally find the trackers thanks to Gije. With all the hits and damage the ship has taken, it's ridiculous that any of them ever survived.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 13 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Feb 8, 2014

11 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Apr 1, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 28 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 5, 2014

7 by Alita »»
Feb 29, 11:28 AM

offmodel - Apr 21, 2015

1 by KanekiKen523 »»
Oct 15, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 33 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 6, 2014

3 by Lesturr »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 26 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 5, 2014

8 by Lesturr »»
Sep 1, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.