Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 12, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
bangbng11 said:
ONe Piece shits on Berserk. Berserk sucks.

We have enough comments about Miura being a Lolicon and now we have to deal with dumb ass fanboy wars. Keep that kind of shit to yourself. I love One Piece, it's probably my second favorite series, but I'm not going to spout garbage like that just to troll everyone here.

Don't you know lupadim ? I want to see a post of him where the words "One Piece" do not exist . :/ help .
Mar 12, 2014 9:18 AM

Sep 2011
-Klad- said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
bangbng11 said:

We have enough comments about Miura being a Lolicon and now we have to deal with dumb ass fanboy wars. Keep that kind of shit to yourself. I love One Piece, it's probably my second favorite series, but I'm not going to spout garbage like that just to troll everyone here.

Don't you know lupadim ? I want to see a post of him where the words "One Piece" do not exist . :/ help .

Oh is that who it is, he changed his name the little twat. Well no point in responding to anything further he says. That guy is beyond hope.
Mar 12, 2014 9:19 AM

Nov 2010
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
-Klad- said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
bangbng11 said:

Oh is that who it is, he changed his name the little twat. Well no point in responding to anything further he says. That guy is beyond hope.
Look at the amount of posts. It's not Lupadim. He's copying him.
Mar 12, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2012
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
-Klad- said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
bangbng11 said:

I changed what?
Mar 12, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
-Klad- said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
bangbng11 said:

Look at the amount of posts. It's not Lupadim. He's copying him.

whoa didn't notice that
Mar 12, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
My favorite Manga is One Piece and my second favorite is Berserk,but i have to admit Berserk is better than One Piece.
Mar 12, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
riqueterremoto said:
My favorite Manga is One Piece and my second favorite is Berserk,but i have to admit Berserk is better than One Piece.

We all have our own opinions, but just don't start a flame war here and feed the troll
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Mar 12, 2014 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
bbboi90 said:
riqueterremoto said:

We all have our own opinions, but just don't start a flame war here and feed the troll

I just said that because I don't see a reason to start a hate towards one of them
Mar 12, 2014 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Sadly, I don't see this lasting very long. Also if the people defending Miura are right that he is constantly working on it (I have my doubts) perhaps he should rethink the art quality. Pretty sure everyone would be fine with worse art if the he released chapters regularly as a result. Also it's unny people brought up OP because it should be said that Berserk is currently moving far slower than most of the big Shounen Jump series people like to hate on. Those at least seem to have some idea where they're going. It's pretty much impossible to want to read as chapters to come out as very little happens in a chapter and we get so few of them. With the current power level situation in Berserk there is pretty much no end in sight without him pulling some ridiculously bullshit things. I want to believe but Miura makes it hard to do so.
Mar 12, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
jpem said:
Sadly, I don't see this lasting very long. Also if the people defending Miura are right that he is constantly working on it (I have my doubts) perhaps he should rethink the art quality. Pretty sure everyone would be fine with worse art if the he released chapters regularly as a result.

I don't want to bash Miura, but I don't think art quality is the problem here since the art was always very good and yet I'm sure he didn't have so many hiatuses back in Berserk's early days.. So that's no excuse.
I have no idea what the problem is, but I think lowering the art quality will do more harm than good.
Mar 12, 2014 11:34 AM
Oct 2010
jpem said:
With the current power level situation in Berserk there is pretty much no end in sight without him pulling some ridiculously bullshit things. I want to believe but Miura makes it hard to do so.

It will probably have something to do with
Mar 12, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
jpem said:
Sadly, I don't see this lasting very long. Also if the people defending Miura are right that he is constantly working on it (I have my doubts) perhaps he should rethink the art quality. Pretty sure everyone would be fine with worse art if the he released chapters regularly as a result.

I wouldnt be. I like my Berserk art the way it is.

Im pretty sure Miura just gets burnt out on Berserk every now and then. Dont forget, hes been drawing and writing it for half his life. A quarter of a century now. That shit is taxing on the creative process. He needs a release occasionally.
Mar 12, 2014 2:06 PM
May 2013
I don't recall its been so long was Berserk a biweekly serialization?
Mar 12, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
bbboi90 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

LOl, that username.
But first things first:
Here's a detailed explanation on the entire situation.

It's probably useless by now as apparently no one seemed to read the damn thing. Hell, there are people other than yourself that had even posted that same link over and over again and its always the same damn replies in every other threads that mentioned Miura's return from his hiatus. sigh

This is why I find that reading the Berserk threads on this site (and many others) is unpleasant for the most part. I see a lot of baseless, unjustified, disrespectful, toxic comments towards Miura from completely ignorant, whiny, entitled brats that probably don't even support the series by buying the manga. I get disgusted every time I see these kind of posts and it's very sad.

Malfegor said:
jpem said:

I wouldnt be. I like my Berserk art the way it is.

Im pretty sure Miura just gets burnt out on Berserk every now and then. Dont forget, hes been drawing and writing it for half his life. A quarter of a century now. That shit is taxing on the creative process. He needs a release occasionally.

This. A lot of people here don't know what it's like to make a comic. Miura is a humble person and a perfectionist. The manga is currently at a pivotal moment. I wouldn't want the quality of this manga to be rushed after all these years of publication just for the sake of ending it sooner. Shigeryu Miyamoto once said, " A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad". The same applies to Berserk as well.

Bananaguy said:

Yep, it's biweekly.
DemiFiendRSAMar 12, 2014 10:51 PM
Mar 12, 2014 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
DemiFiendRSA said:

This. A lot of people here don't know what it's like to make a comic. Miura is a humble person and a perfectionist. The manga is currently at a pivotal moment. I wouldn't want the quality of this manga to be rushed after all these years of publication just for the sake of ending it sooner. Shigeryu Miyamoto once said, " A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever". The same applies to Berserk as well.

There's a difference between ending it sooner and ending it at all. A game that never comes out is something else entirely. At the pace he's going he'll die long before it can ever even be concluded. There needs to be some balance somewhere because when an author has a legitimate chance to die before completing his work there is an issue. Plus if he doesn't rush the art, he's gonna have to rush the story which is far more important.

But then again, art is all Berserk has atm. The story has been kinda meh for a while, with the boat arc and that last flashback and such.
removed-userMar 12, 2014 7:20 PM
Mar 12, 2014 7:24 PM
Apr 2009
I hope for more Berserk anime in the future. I want to see Griffith's ass handed back to him by Guts. Anyway, welcome back Berserk.

Oh and I wouldn't compare apples with oranges. That's just silly.
Mar 12, 2014 7:33 PM

Nov 2010
DemiFiendRSA said:
This. A lot of people here don't know what it's like to make a comic. Miura is a humble person and a perfectionist. The manga is currently at a pivotal moment. I wouldn't want the quality of this manga to be rushed after all these years of publication just for the sake of ending it sooner. Shigeryu Miyamoto once said, " A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever". The same applies to Berserk as well.
I think there might be a way to find a balance between him putting out one chapter a year so he probably dies before getting halfway through the fairy island. Therefore an eternally delayed game that got stopped in the middle. And him toning down the art a little bit(not to Togashi's sketches level) so we can get all of it before he dies.
Mar 12, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
Just wanted to say that the people saying that he is going to die before finishing the manga like it's guaranteed to happen are quite sickening.
Mar 12, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2007
About time - but how many chapters before he takes another break - plus these chapters are published when he feels like it ^_^

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 12, 2014 10:43 PM

Dec 2013
Allen_ST said:
Just wanted to say that the people saying that he is going to die before finishing the manga like it's guaranteed to happen are quite sickening.

Its weird, yeah.

Why do people keep saying that anyway? Miuras only 47 or something.
Mar 13, 2014 12:10 AM

Jul 2010
jpem said:

There's a difference between ending it sooner and ending it at all. A game that never comes out is something else entirely.

Replace game with the ending in Miyamoto's quote. That's what I meant when I posted that it applies to Berserk as well.

Even if there's a slight chance that it ends up being incomplete, which I highly doubt that will happen, I would rather have that than a rushed shitty ending with lower quality art.

jpem said:

At the pace he's going he'll die long before it can ever even be concluded. There needs to be some balance somewhere because when an author has a legitimate chance to die before completing his work there is an issue. Plus if he doesn't rush the art, he's gonna have to rush the story which is far more important.

Miura is only 47 years old. There are other mangaka that are older than him and are still working on manga. He still has pretty of time to finish the manga before he dies of age without him toning down anything.

jpem said:

But then again, art is all Berserk has atm. The story has been kinda meh for a while, with the boat arc and that last flashback and such.

Well, if that's how you feel about the story at the moment, then I don't see how toning down the art is going to make the story better to you.

IntroverTurtle said:
I think there might be a way to find a balance between him putting out one chapter a year so he probably dies before getting halfway through the fairy island. Therefore an eternally delayed game that got stopped in the middle. And him toning down the art a little bit(not to Togashi's sketches level) so we can get all of it before he dies.

As I mention before, I don't think that it'll be necessary for Miura to tone down the art just so we can get all the chapters before something unfortunate happens to him. And we have been getting more than one chapters a year from him.

http://skullknight.net/images/eps.htm

Okay, while exactly one chapter of Berserk was released last year, Miura did release 3 chapters for Gigantomakhia.

Georgiet said:
About time - but how many chapters before he takes another break

When there are currently no more chapters (manuscripts) drawn in advance for the publishing queue.

Malfegor said:
Allen_ST said:

Its weird, yeah.

It does leave a bit of distaste to be more concern about more chapters being released rather than Miura's health.

Some people are just either way too impatient, naive, paranoid, trolling or all of the above that they'll sprout some baseless nonsense and believe anything from sensationalized, yellow journalism sites like Sankaku Complex rather than the quotes by Miura printed in Young Animal or the interview from skullknight.net
DemiFiendRSAMar 13, 2014 12:23 AM
Mar 13, 2014 3:11 PM

May 2013
I've been waiting so long for this! My favourite manga will return!
Mar 14, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
This news made my week, Berserk is what switched from just watching anime to being a hardcore reader of the manga. As for Miura's intermittent progress of the manga I'm not hating, as long as he keeps drawing stuff like this.
I seriously love the detail he puts into his work, so much so that I'm planning on making myself a giant poster (700x1000mm) on something called printed sheets of one of his awesome double page spreads. I got the idea from my brother who has a big ass poster of Ichigo in his dorm room.
saiyansenseiMar 14, 2014 12:33 PM
Mar 14, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2009
robal15 said:
Of course it will go into hiatus after 3 or 4 chapters. That's Miura fora ya.

Give this man the best damn cookie you can find

im tired of his hiatus just finish it or keep going miura dammit.
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Mar 15, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2011
Lol

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Mar 15, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2013
Bananaguy said:

Yep, it's biweekly.

it used to be bimonthly actually..
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Mar 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Berserk manga to go on break again as of April 12th.
Mar 15, 2014 9:20 AM
Mar 2014
Oh Yes, Finally Thanks for sharing ^^
Mar 15, 2014 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
DemiFiendRSA said:

Miura is only 47 years old. There are other mangaka that are older than him and are still working on manga. He still has pretty of time to finish the manga before he dies of age without him toning down anything.
He releases a handful of chapters a year and we are look at hundreds of chapters left. It could easily be decades with him releasing 20+ chapters a year but 3-10? I don't see how he can properly finish it. I doubt he wants to be working on it still into his 70's or 80's either. You people make it seem like we said we want him to die.
Mar 15, 2014 2:14 PM
Nov 2013
Good Notice, But i hope Miura not giving the "Togashi Syndrome" ://
Mar 15, 2014 3:27 PM

Jan 2010
I am going to cry if this does not actually happen.
Mar 15, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2011
YEESSS finally I've read only 106 chapters ( golden age arc ) and i love this manga so much, i was afraid i will catch up to quickly so i stopped until it resumed. Does anybody know if is a weekly or monthly release?
Mar 15, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
Extreme3708 said:
YEESSS finally I've read only 106 chapters ( golden age arc ) and i love this manga so much, i was afraid i will catch up to quickly so i stopped until it resumed. Does anybody know if is a weekly or monthly release?

It was bi-weekly
Mar 16, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really mind that it doesn't come out on a hard schedule, I would rather be excited every time it releases, because I know it has Miuras's seal of approval.
Mar 17, 2014 6:57 AM

Oct 2013
I guess, I have to re-read it. :/
Mar 17, 2014 7:12 AM
Oct 2013
Malfegor said:
Allen_ST said:

Its weird, yeah.

Because after a chapter or two, he'll go hiatus again. 1 year = 3-4 chapters max
Mar 24, 2014 3:37 PM

May 2012
Splendid news.
Mar 24, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2009
Finally, dude needs to concentrate on finishing this damn series...

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 25, 2014 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
I recently caught up with Berserk and I can say I understand the praise for it. It had its ups and downs, but all in all it was fantastic.
Now the only question is whether I'll read it as it's publishing or wait for a tons of chapters to accumulate and then marathon it...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 26, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
geralt said:
I recently caught up with Berserk and I can say I understand the praise for it. It had its ups and downs, but all in all it was fantastic.
Now the only question is whether I'll read it as it's publishing or wait for a tons of chapters to accumulate and then marathon it...

As someone who has followed the series for years your best bet will be to forget all about Berserk for a few years and then come back to read like 3-6 chapters. I'm not even being facetious, his pacing and number of releases have gotten smaller and smaller with ever year. It's like being a fan of Hiatus x Hiatus. If anything you will learn the true meaning of patience because of this manga.
Mar 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2011
I think it's time for Berserk to end. Damn author is on some bullshit.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 27, 2014 12:04 AM

May 2010
What this doesn't mention is that the next next chapter won't come out until another year.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 30, 2014 1:12 PM
Feb 2014
Andan210 said:
Uhmm, so Miura finally stopped masturbating to The Idolm@ster, eh? Good to know.

New Idolm@aster game to come out on may...
Mar 30, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
Stopped caring about Berserk long time ago. At some point it simply got boring and, well, long breaks didn't help either.
The Forbidden Four: Clannad, Elfen Lied, Chaos;Head and Higurashi.
You recommend it to me - you die.

If there aren't at least 3 series per year centered around some overpowered badass, voiced by Nakata Jouji then there's something wrong with anime industry.
Mar 30, 2014 5:34 PM
Apr 2010
I forgot this even existed.
Mar 31, 2014 12:02 AM

Dec 2011
And of course everyone has to come in here and whine for the billionth time about this. If you're no longer interested in Berserk then just let it go already, we don't really need to hear the same negative crap over and over and over again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 12:25 AM

Dec 2013
ABOUT TIME!! :D
"Do not chase after who goes, Do not refuse those who come." - Yomi from Nightmare
:D
Mar 31, 2014 6:23 AM

Mar 2014
Does this mean we'll see a continuation for the anime cx? The manga i'm sure will be good, but hopefully this is good news for anime fans alike..
Mar 31, 2014 10:32 PM
May 2013
I don't understand why people are complaining, this manga is currently #1 manga and its art is still amazing from what it was 10 years ago! I can agree that the quality has gone down a little, but what can we say to a man that has done the same thing for his entire life ?
Apr 1, 2014 2:40 AM
Feb 2014
Coltton said:
Does this mean we'll see a continuation for the anime cx? The manga i'm sure will be good, but hopefully this is good news for anime fans alike..

I don't think so, the anime ended just past the Golden Age Arc, while the manga kept on going, it went on a hiatus on 2012. Now that it's back, there isn't any news about the anime continuing, so I really doubt it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
6 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
10 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.