Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 5, 2020 5:54 AM

Jan 2020
It's becoming really fucking creepy now. Now I'm really keen to learn what mystery behind these murders actually is.
Oct 14, 2020 11:36 PM

Apr 2020
Man, I am enjoying this so very much! The needle part was actually scary.

This episode I was feeling sorry for Rena when the guy was angry at her. Then..
OH YOU TRICKSY LASS!!!

The one at the door is probably Rena.
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 6:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No wonder if Keiichi became so paranoid and feared in half to death until receiving that terrorize experience. That morning 'almost' crash, tho. Understandable situations, relatable actions, and increased my suspicious on the girls, once again. Their behaviour just hella weird and made me creep to death already. Such a bad experience i had here, ngl xD.

Satoshi and Keiichi currently had the same situations, on the hand of the four girls. But maybe Keiichi would be safe as Rika suggestions over Satoshi's bat. Welp, until Rena came with that weird looks in the eye told something creepy. The hell girl? I think thats it. The information already dumped again about the past situations in a great way. Everyone involved in the series of death and dissappearance, because of they had a mere connections with that four mysterious girls. The policeman seemed suspicious too. I wonder why he still in a safety after meeting with them? Ah shit. Maybe they were not so bad afterall? They just tried to protected Keiichi? Hell idk. Its remind me with the beginning of the episode 1 again. Was that really happened, Keiichi? If yes, it might led into unexpected thing. Maybe the time anomaly or else and back into the past thing again? Lol. So much mystery made me crazy to judge a thing. So, yeah, lets see the next. I am really curious. Because that ending scene surely became my next paranoid!
badabassOct 22, 2020 6:26 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2020 3:51 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, there is a noticeable difference compare to the GOU version. I don't think there was a mention of Satoshi at all in the new version. And I am really looking forward to know how the OG version's onikakushi-hen will end.
Mar 8, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2020
Man this is really creepy. I had a little scare when Mion's eye showed up in the door crack lol. It's pretty apparent already that Mion and Rena are suspicious and Satoko certainly seems that way as well. Now I only wonder about Rika since Ooishi never mentioned anything her; in fact, maybe she is on Keiichi's side since she advised him to keep the bat. It's also weird how Keiichi is doing everything Satoshi did, but since that line came from Rena, I only take it with a grain of salt.

Would also like to mention that the one scene where Keiichi was striking the ground with the bat really reminded me of the intro scene to this series...
catfayMar 8, 2021 4:44 PM
Apr 3, 2021 3:16 PM

Dec 2015
This is anime is genuinely creepy when it wants to. Sheesh.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 18, 2021 2:19 AM

Jun 2020
I can feel Keiichi‘s desperation......

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 26, 2021 1:40 PM

Jul 2021
Ok, I'm actually hooked.
Oct 1, 2021 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
At this point just join the dark side of the girls and go on a murder spree, a lot easier than trying to figure out why their personalities change (and their eyes apparently)

Also perfect timing lol, what parents just leave their teenage kid alone in a town they barely know without even a single heads-up ... just like that "Oh sorry kiddo, we just had to leave for work, have fun with the psychopath girls!"
Nov 26, 2021 7:55 AM

Dec 2015
Now, while watching the series for the 3rd time, I think that
Dec 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2020
Wow! This Anime is being beautifully presented! On to finish the final episode of this arc.

Dec 20, 2021 7:26 PM
Dec 2017
and this is where shit slowly starts to get messed up.

Apr 21, 2022 5:39 PM
Dec 2019
I would've just searched the food for needles and eaten the rest. Can't waste no food around here.
May 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Mar 2021
Already played the VN so I know what happens and I HATE seeing Rena get treated so badly. Even if I thought she was trying to kill me I could never yell at her like that... "why don't you want to walk home together, you're scaring me"... makes me so sad
May 30, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
damn this is fked up but im glad i started this coz really enjoying this show
Jun 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2020
OMG!! this show gets more and more intense! o((⊙﹏⊙))o
very creepy and suspenseful!!

it's so strange and creepy how rena and mii-chan can go from all cute to super creepy in just a few seconds (。﹏。)
Aug 21, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, seems like the whole club, especially Mion is connected to the incidents that have been taking place over the past few years.

Needles in the dish (0_0)

Idk why but I feel like the girls killing without any reason might be some sort of red herring. As much as the show is pointing toward a murder group cult-like shit, I think there indeed is some sort of curse haunting Hinamizawa and the girls are doing everything they can to end it or to either escape it by transferring it to someone else or smth. It's either something like this or maybe I'm just overthinking lol

Who was that guy in the van? I don't think the girls are the ones who hired an assassin to kill Keiichi...or is it?

Seems like Satoshi was also fearful for his life just like Keiichi and doing pretty everything he is doing now. I feel like Rena is warning him, not threatening him.

I agree, that it was kinda stupid of Keiichi to not keep the food and needle as proof and to not check out the van's plate number.

Mar 12, 2023 8:48 PM
Mar 2023
This is nothing like the first episode lol, hopefully bro doesn't get merc'd.
Apr 1, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2009
There's a fair amount of manga to anime experiences that feel like this, but it still feels odd to me...
I wonder if this rushed adaption is part to blame, my inpatience to watch the best moments, or knowing everything already is kinda ruining my watch experience.

... It's been a year, since January of last year that I completed the visual novel, and even though my original plan was to binge this anime, then enjoy the different original interpretation from the "reboot", I'm struggling to watch minutes and finishing it quickly. 
I've only progressed to two episodes. Currently watching the third, and it still feels monotonous.

As for the Needle scene. Pretty underwhelming performance-wise.
Their questioning before that was a tiny bit less creepy than in the original. I understand what people mean now by cutting all sound in still moments or adding the creepy soundtrack that the anime didn't keep.

I forgot how long it was to reach this scene. 
In the visual novel, I forget how many hours, but it happens on Chapter Onikakushi Day 12/15-3. (16 Parts)

In hindsight:
waalex11Apr 1, 2023 1:21 AM
Jun 25, 2023 11:50 PM

Dec 2020
the needle ?!?! all the girls are so offputting now pls. its getting good
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.