Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
INteresting,
Was Natsume listening when she was told "if worst come to worst, go to Saotome Suzu for help"? I mean loli sempai would have probably come up with a way to help Harutora without having her sacrifice her life for him.
Not likely since he is a bit sissy, but Harutora better beat the crap out of those guys and especially Takiko.
Feb 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
They adapted this segment surprisingly good. Except for CGI's though.
The soundtracks from end to finish is also nice. I want the full length now!
Feb 25, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 2012
Wow, that episode played out really well. It was nice to see the start of the series from Natsume's perspective as well as how Hokuto came about. Even though there was no OP/ED, the insert songs tied the scenes together nicely.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Feb 25, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2011
warcon said:
Fritzion said:

"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Feb 25, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
Harutora's possessed armor looks awesome.

:( NATSUME!!!!
Feb 25, 2014 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
What is this?
Feb 25, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
This episode pissed me off greatly, how could they do that to best girl Natusme. So annoyed I had to go read spoilers.
Feb 25, 2014 8:22 PM

Mar 2010
etaribi said:

But I thought Yakou couldn't do that himself when he was alive..?

Ignore him. He's trying too hard, and pulling stuff out his ass.
Feb 25, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Wimwinkle said:
This episode pissed me off greatly, how could they do that to best girl Natusme. So annoyed I had to go read spoilers.

Well just reading comments in this thread here is enough to spoil yourself. I mean the freaking 2nd poster apparently felt the need to post what happens next, in a spoiler tag or not you'd think people would see the "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE" bolded on the top, especially when they're the 2nd poster. Shit man, no one fucking asked.

And the chain quoting spoilers above could have been avoided if they simply had post on their profile comment section or message each other.
Feb 25, 2014 8:29 PM
Jan 2014
Wimwinkle said:
lol hi five wimwinkle. I was depressed when Natsume died too. Had to read the spoilers to see what happened next.
Feb 25, 2014 8:35 PM

Jun 2012
na...Natsumeeeeee ;A;

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 25, 2014 8:49 PM

Dec 2013
That was a really good episode with a really great send-off for natsume in the credits. Stuff still needs to be explained better in the next couple episodes but if that happens we might be in for a pretty good ending.
Feb 25, 2014 9:00 PM

Nov 2007
They didn't, right? They just didn't kill the best girl in the anime, right? When they played the ominous insert song instead of the OP, I felt something ominous going to happen.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2014 9:09 PM
Aug 2012
actually Kon/Hishimaru is the best girl until I saw episode 20, that made me too emotional, like I was watching Clannad - After Story
Feb 25, 2014 9:22 PM
Jan 2014
Is Natsume really dead ? I don't want this . I want a HAPPY ENDING ...............................................
Feb 25, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2008
Natsume....

This was quite the episode and the build up to the that part at the end was good.
Feb 25, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2010
harutora has to wipe the floor with takiko next episode, he has to.
Feb 25, 2014 9:30 PM

Oct 2011
Anime I am watching- So many people are dying. AHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEH Natsume OMG!!!!!! T___T
Feb 25, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
This was a powerful episode, with a sad ending.

I really hope Nastsume survives, though it's unlikely... :'(
Feb 25, 2014 9:39 PM

Mar 2013
>People always complain anime never kills off characters.

>When an anime finally comes around that does people complain.

makes sense.
Feb 25, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2011
Damnit! i should had known from all that foreshadowing you know something bad is gonna happen when relaxing acoustic music plays!

what makes it all worst that's twice harutora has lost someone (even though it was kinda the same person) with the lost of Nastsume this feels like the start of a bigger arc but we only have like a month left
Feb 25, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2010
facade63 said:

makes sense.

Nobody is complaining about anything.

BTW, I argee with Paul that spoilers need to cut down a bit.

It's almost like this in nearly every thread now.
Iron_MawFeb 25, 2014 10:02 PM
Feb 25, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
Jagd84 said:
facade63 said:

makes sense.

Nobody is complaining about anything.

BTW, I argee with Paul that spoilers need to cut down a bit.

It's almost like this in nearly every thread now.

Can you not read all the "But i wanted a happy ending" garbage
Feb 25, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2013
good riddance.. maybe the ending can keep up with the pace of this episode and not go back to the last few shitty weeks.
Feb 25, 2014 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
I knew what was going to happen but it made me sad anyway :( Awesome use of that music during the flashback, it felt so peaceful it was definitely the calm before the storm.

And now...did those onmyou agency bastards not even consider that maybe Harutora won't join their side with all the shit they subjected his friends and family to? Especially now that Natsume is "dead," I expect some serious payback.

With all that has happened, what I'm really excited to see is the animated version of
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 25, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2011
Hokuto dies in a festival now Natsume in the same place/moment T____________T
Feb 25, 2014 11:19 PM
Nov 2013
xchee said:

With all that has happened, what I'm really excited to see is the animated version of

Me too. I wonder how many episodes more should we wait.

BTW, this is the first episode that doesn't have chibi Kon post credit, right?
Feb 25, 2014 11:24 PM

Dec 2013
Kon post-credits are probably not needed anymore, episode 21 to 24 will be full action for the most of the part. I doubt if we will see more of them though.

Well as for the spoilers for the thread, can't be helped because some people just don't understand the stuff mentioned in the first post.

Feb 25, 2014 11:30 PM

Sep 2010
Very good episode... I'm very satisfied, and hopefully Natsume will just stay dead throughout the series
Feb 25, 2014 11:32 PM

May 2013
What an episode this was. Harutora finally realizing that she was Hokuto. Poor Natsume though.
Feb 25, 2014 11:33 PM

May 2012
Ophis said:
Anybody know what that song was at the beginning? When Natsume was thinking about the past.

The song is " Red Monochrome by Lisa Komine
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 25, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
It's pretty obvious there will be some ass pull with Natsume's revival. Main characters rarely die in series like this. Otherwise I'd be pleasantly surprised and rate this show much higher for breaking the mold.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 25, 2014 11:42 PM

May 2012

Please put a spoiler tag. -_-
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 25, 2014 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
In the first second, I knew something was going to happen, due to the flashback and the wonderful calm song, also there was no opening, what always means that something is going to happen for Sure.

The firework was wonderful, I could have watched it a bit longer, also Suzuka was really cute this episode, who would've thought, that it would make her that happy, to see the fireworks with her friends.

It was an obviously outcome, I already knew, that Harutora would be the reincarnation of Yakuo, I also knew, that Natsume and Harutora exchanged places.

Takiko got the Raven Coat and used it on Harutora after casting a spell, but it was actually a surprise, that the Raven Coat is a familiar instead of a coat.

The outcome was really sad, Natsume broke the seals on Harutora which actually sealed his spirit seer abilitys. Natsume already broke the half of the seal after Hokuto died and she made Harutora her shikigami. After sacreficing herself she undone the whole seal which her father placed on him, you can call the seal also a curse.

I realized something after seeing Hokutos death Scene. While Natsume died, she exactly said the same things as Hokuto while she was dissapearing. It's seriously is sad, that he had to lose 2 important people of him, while they both were actually just one. So you could say, he lost one important Person 2-Times.
In the end, while you saw Natsume's thoughts, that really was wonderful. Not only that Piece minded Face of hers, but also when Hokuto said, good work, for her telling him, her feelings.

Yakuo's sentences also are amazing, you see them in the end of the episode, they really are very awesome made.

I can't wait for the episode next week, this cliffhanger was placed perfekt.

This Episode deserves 10/5 seriously very perfect episode.
Feb 26, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2012
When there is no opening it always tells us that some serious stuff is gonna happen >_<
Feb 26, 2014 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
Oh okay Harutora was Yakou that was obvious enough after episode 17 but...They just killed NATSUME?!!?!?!? Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? Kiilling the best girl? ;___;

WTF is wrong with Takiko, what the hell is she to Yakou anyway? Suddenly showing up and then forcing the crow on Harutora. I just hope Harutora gets his revenge now that he has the coat. What was Yasuzumi thinking to seal his son and then using his adoptive daughter as a decoy? He's partly to blame here too.
God damn I wanted to see Harutora's real mother but they just didn't showed her at all.

This episode was 10/10 even if they kill Natsume. It gave me all those feels and that insert song. ;______;

Damn it...I hope Takiko dies now that they have killed my only favorite character..

Oh wow I just read something about Natsume in another episode discussion thread. Her real parents are still not confirmed (not even in the Light Novel)
Is she really a Tsuchimikado?
NuviFeb 26, 2014 1:00 AM
Feb 26, 2014 1:52 AM
Feb 2009
omg noo Natsume gonna have to wait for another week now that kiss tho wont ever be forgotten.
Feb 26, 2014 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
best episode. speechless.

Antanaru said:
It's pretty obvious there will be some ass pull with Natsume's revival. Main characters rarely die in series like this. Otherwise I'd be pleasantly surprised and rate this show much higher for breaking the mold.
right!? IDK which way I want it to go but if she is dead then, wow!

and! POOR KON!!! ;_; !!!
Compl3teFeb 26, 2014 2:50 AM
Feb 26, 2014 3:21 AM

Oct 2012
Well.. I guess I'll be honest and say I did not see that coming ._.
Feb 26, 2014 3:44 AM
Jan 2014
facade63 said:

makes sense.

Yes because those who complain about no one dying are the ones complaining about people dying.

What the f**k are you stupid?
warconFeb 26, 2014 6:49 AM
Feb 26, 2014 3:47 AM

May 2009
No no no no no NO! The second I heard this music at the beggining i was so goddamn sure something bad will happen. I hate to be right... now all that waiting if anything good will happen in next episode... oh God and I was so down after The Pilot's Love Song latest episode and now this...

Good episode and all but...
Feb 26, 2014 3:48 AM
Jan 2014
Antanaru said:

It isn't that asspull really not at least like some shows does it.

Feb 26, 2014 3:55 AM

Mar 2011
Obvious reveal, but that was a good episode :P.

No way is she dead. She will come back, this isn't Gurren Lagann D:.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 26, 2014 4:21 AM
Jun 2010
Paul said:
Wimwinkle said:

Well just reading comments in this thread here is enough to spoil yourself. I mean the freaking 2nd poster apparently felt the need to post what happens next, in a spoiler tag or not you'd think people would see the "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE" bolded on the top, especially when they're the 2nd poster. Shit man, no one fucking asked.

And the chain quoting spoilers above could have been avoided if they simply had post on their profile comment section or message each other.

Definitely, its very unfair to everyone who hasnt read ahead.
Feb 26, 2014 6:00 AM

Nov 2009
They started this episode beautifully with Natsume's narration. The OST was good too. Them it turns out Harutora is Yakou's real reincarnation. And then they just killed her off like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
NOOOOOO! Natsume, don't die after revealing that you are Hokuto.
Man, what the hell, Mutobe is using some kind of cheat code to be that strong.
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Feb 26, 2014 6:59 AM
Jun 2013
Damn! What a episode! It made me cry like a bitch no joke! That was a great plot twist. Never expected that from a mile away.
Feb 26, 2014 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
Damn this episode gives me a lot of feels that confession, I was going to say "I wish that she's not really going to die or anything" but after reading all those spoiler post up there I'll just say can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 26, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2011
I made the right choice going in here spoilers....

well Harutora was pretty much obviously Yakou and hell Natsume would just die they can't just kill her off permanently since she is one of the main... its obvious what would happen to her...

not sure if Suzuka will meet her father next episode but this would be fun
Feb 26, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
minatojs said:
Paul said:
Wimwinkle said:

Definitely, its very unfair to everyone who hasnt read ahead.
"

Its just as easy to not click on the spoiler tag too - its there for a reason to contain spoilers if you dont wish to see them.

a well adapted volume 8.. even though I didnt like the turn it took ~

hopefully they adapt volume 9 well
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.