Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2009 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 16, 2009 9:47 PM

Sep 2008
poor mi-ko, that was unexpected and based on the preview karin survived in a miraculous way
i liked how kuniko hugged kunihito only to make sure the diagram was there XD but his first kiss got stolen by momoko....--_-- U
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 17, 2009 7:08 AM
Aug 2009
Good episode. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't find out anything about the Digmas, but I guess they're still building up for that. Hopefully they'll reveal all of that in the next episode, because seeing as it's nearing the end it'd be about freaking time.

Too bad for Mi-ko, but I guess Mikuni finally understands what it's like to lose someone. Maybe she'll think twice the next time she wants to mutilate someone. Or maybe not...

Best part of the ep was Kunihito's reaction to Momoko's kiss. "You're going to have your way with me and then walk away???" xD
Aug 17, 2009 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
hmm
so the brave boy got a boo-boo
lolz at momoko takin his first kiss

so Miko dies

arsonal said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

lolz @ emptiness
Aug 17, 2009 9:31 PM

Apr 2008
o_o!! Miko dead..

Hahas ~ his first kiss got taken xD

Aug 19, 2009 5:37 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, episode went by quickly.

So yeah just as I thought they are going to be able to live in the surface again. maybe they are going to restore old tokyo? :p

Edit: I wasnt going to watch the preview but I couldnt hold it. then i found this

Photo opp is photo opp! ;p
paskyxAug 19, 2009 7:48 AM
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 21, 2009 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
Sad episode at the end. I hope Kusanagi and Kuniko fall in love, it would be nice. Yuri and Tomoka were nicely done.
I LOL SO MUCH! Here and it must be the reaction Kusanagi. Repeated scene twice. Momoko is great!

Liked the explanation of the Ley lines, connection of Earth/Heavens and the spread of the Chi of the earth but it needs more explanations. The child sacrifices were disgusting!

Aug 21, 2009 8:42 AM

Dec 2008
so the old hag and the bearded geezer were responsible for the child sacrifices *unforgivable*

Kunikos character is some kind of plain, I thought that would change during this show but it doesn't every character is more interesting than her.

imo its good that sharktooth freak died ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2009 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
Fabienne said:
Kunikos character is some kind of plain, I thought that would change during this show but it doesn't every character is more interesting than her.

She is mean to be she is from the very beginning and I don't really see how do you expect her to change into something else.

As for the episode, it was a really good lol for the first half and i like how they love to kill their characters off right at the end of episode.
And as wakka9ca mentioned in the last episode and Reyno, Karin must learn her lesson and so does Mikuni.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 21, 2009 3:49 PM

Oct 2008
Belum_Nabum said:

Liked the explanation of the Ley lines, connection of Earth/Heavens and the spread of the Chi of the earth but it needs more explanations. The child

Mmmm I dunno if I'm right about this but this is just my understanding.
after the great earthquake, they just randomly saw these lines and wondered what it was. They assumed it had to have some connections to the heavens.

So by thinking that they would build a fortress in the middle of the patterns, that fortress would be the bridge between heaven and earth. that fortress would spread out chi(prosperity) all lover the world making japan the center of the earth.

But i think this was just a hypothesis because tarsian was somewhat regretting it in the end.
But then again this is just my understanding, I dont know if this is right or wrong, and I'm open for discussion xD

Btw, I know Karin is a total brat but damn I really like her xD
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 21, 2009 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, the part with kissing was really funny. I hope that we'll found out something about digmas in next one...
Aug 22, 2009 2:59 AM

Aug 2009
paskyx said:
Belum_Nabum said:

Liked the explanation of the Ley lines, connection of Earth/Heavens and the spread of the Chi of the earth but it needs more explanations. The child

Mmmm I dunno if I'm right about this but this is just my understanding.
after the great earthquake, they just randomly saw these lines and wondered what it was. They assumed it had to have some connections to the heavens.

So by thinking that they would build a fortress in the middle of the patterns, that fortress would be the bridge between heaven and earth. that fortress would spread out chi(prosperity) all lover the world making japan the center of the earth.

But i think this was just a hypothesis because tarsian was somewhat regretting it in the end.
But then again this is just my understanding, I dont know if this is right or wrong, and I'm open for discussion xD

Btw, I know Karin is a total brat but damn I really like her xD

Yeah it was something like but the regret had to do with sacrifice which translates to me that prosperity = to the young being sacrificed which Tarsian and Nagiko both regretted for sure.

I am not sure about Ley lines at all but it would interesting to see what they say about them in future episodes.

Aug 22, 2009 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
It's damn time that they start wrapping up the show
Aug 22, 2009 1:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
dPsychc said:
It's damn time that they start wrapping up the show

True, they are starting to wrap up everything. And please, Gonzo, do not screw up this time....

Again, Karin is not dead, but I'm satisfied that she learned her lessons and tried to stop Medusa. Again, being dead is useless. To repent and help out is the true way. However, I still think Ryouko should die....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2009 3:43 PM
Oct 2007
If Ryoko doesn't die, squealing like the human pig she is, I'm going to be real disappointed in this show.

On a more serious note: I really hope they don't screw this conclusion up. It's going good for now, though. I'm really interested in how they'll end this anime.
Aug 22, 2009 4:48 PM

Aug 2009
Erodar said:
If Ryoko doesn't die, squealing like the human pig she is, I'm going to be real disappointed in this show.

On a more serious note: I really hope they don't screw this conclusion up. It's going good for now, though. I'm really interested in how they'll end this anime.

Hell yeah! Ryoko dying like squealing pig! That is it!

Aug 22, 2009 6:05 PM

Oct 2007
Belum_Nabum said:
Erodar said:

Well, the thing is that the way we see it the only one who is capable in doing so is Kuniko. But even at this point I can't really see she is willing to do so either, maybe one more person close to her has to die, I guess.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 22, 2009 7:03 PM

Aug 2009
Siva said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Erodar said:

Well, the thing is that the way we see it the only one who is capable in doing so is Kuniko. But even at this point I can't really see she is willing to do so either, maybe one more person close to her has to die, I guess.

Nah, Takehiko might do it or maybe Sergei guy or perhaps even Kusanagi. Even maybe Sion. Many possibilities are there still.

Aug 22, 2009 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Reyno said:
Good episode. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't find out anything about the Digmas,

Weren't the Digmas the three rightfull successor of Atlas (Kuniko, Kunihito, Mikuni)?
Aug 23, 2009 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
maxime1007 said:
Reyno said:
Good episode. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't find out anything about the Digmas,

Weren't the Digmas the three rightfull successor of Atlas (Kuniko, Kunihito, Mikuni)?

Indeed they are but the question is who made those daggers they have as proof that they are?

Aug 23, 2009 8:36 AM

Jan 2009
Hi, I'm doing something new!
I will not make a resumé of what happened in the ep. : O
Generally good episode though : p
Also, Hiruko.. vaporized? xD
Still, not only is that a being worthy of praise, also considerably fast : o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 23, 2009 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
Belum_Nabum said:
maxime1007 said:
Reyno said:

Indeed they are but the question is who made those daggers they have as proof that they are?

Probably their parent?
Aug 23, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
maxime1007 said:
Belum_Nabum said:
maxime1007 said:
Reyno said:

Probably their parent?

Yeah but then that means they are all siblings? Even Kusanagi?

Aug 23, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2008
I'm guessing Nagiko and the bald guy made them as tangible proof if they ever got lost in the system.

I think the real question is why/how Kunihito seems to have a much more normal life comparatively. I think there's something about him that has been overlooked. Maybe he doesn't know himself.
Aug 23, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I'm guessing Nagiko and the bald guy made them as tangible proof if they ever got lost in the system.

Hmm .. come to think about it.. what's the bald guys' name? O.o
I know it's been mentioned (and I'm too lazy to check again.) but that's.. really one of the things I do not remember xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 23, 2009 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
Haha...you're guess is as good as mine. He's...ummmm...the green haired bitch...Ryouko...Ryouko's uncle. Maybe they have the same last name? I don't care to check the names either.
Aug 23, 2009 10:05 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
noteDhero said:

Hmm .. come to think about it.. what's the bald guys' name? O.o
I know it's been mentioned (and I'm too lazy to check again.) but that's.. really one of the things I do not remember xD

Sergei Tarsian. Him and Nagiko might have done the parents that made those three siblings but Mikuni I find has the least things in common if any.

Aug 23, 2009 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Haha...you're guess is as good as mine. He's...ummmm...the green haired bitch...Ryouko...Ryouko's uncle. Maybe they have the same last name? I don't care to check the names either.

Checking names, that's for people who actually care : D.. So let's go with Ryouko's uncle for now *thumbs up*
Aug 24, 2009 1:47 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
the Kuniko x Kunihito scenes were funny
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 24, 2009 9:25 PM
Dec 2007
We really only know for sure that Kunihito has different parents than the other two (and only if they don't give us a "they were artificially created" explanation for the Digmas). The Moon and the Sun are Mikuni and Kuniko so those have to be linked more deeply than Kunihito who seems to be like a neutral piece. As a neutral piece, it might explain why he was given a simple life in Atlas. One might wrap it up as him being the back-up if something happened to the other two, perhaps.

Of course, it's all conjecture until they tell us exactly how they came up with the Digmas themselves. So far we only know how they conjured up Hiruko(sp?) and why Atlas was done.

Sep 6, 2009 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
The ending was a shocker. I hope Mi-ko comes back alive. ):
Sep 11, 2009 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
wow, mi-ko is gone, and i wonder what happened to karin? plus whats up with that weird design that showed up?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 1, 2009 4:37 AM
May 2008
Quite an interesting episode with some interesting progression, too bad none of that progression answered anything... just asked more questions. Also, to be such a serious episode it had a surprising amount of humor as well.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 16, 2009 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
I think i saw some romance between Kunihito and Kuniko there. That's good.

Getting kissed by Momoko. OMG!! The nightmare.

Mi-Ko moment at the end was very sentimental. Mikuni felt a lot of pain with this one.
So that bitch Ryoko called the UN to bomb the building? Trying to kill our lolis. You evil woman.
Karin looks like she survived from the preview. That's good. She really is a skillful little girl. She even manage to get all three of those little knifes.
Feb 25, 2010 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I'm glad I decided to go ahead and finish the last few episodes...after having this show on hold for a while.
May 17, 2010 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
I love Momoko.

And... Mi-ko. ;-;
Dec 9, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2012
Did they really just kill off Karin and Mi-ko!? No way damn poor Mikuni and well if Karin really is gone I'll be sad as well as I really found her a pleasant character! The episode was rather interesting I do wonder what kind of powers those daggers really hold!
Jul 5, 2014 2:42 AM

Aug 2013
"You had your way with me now you're just walking away?" Someone enjoyed that kiss LOL!

Goodbye Miko :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
MOMOKO'S GUY RAPE WAS NOT FUNNY WHATSOEVER.
Dec 23, 2022 2:37 PM

Aug 2017
Nice episode, we didn't know much about the digmas but we know a little bit about the foundation of ATLAS,
Poor Miiko, well I guess hiruko can be summoned again by a new sacrifice,
Next episode looks good.
Feb 28, 9:43 PM

Jul 2008
Good riddance to hacker girl, but Miiko didn't deserve all of this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 19 Discussion

firekites - Aug 9, 2009

37 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 27, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.