Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2009 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the older Kashiwaba finally appears. That part at the end with the younger Kashiwaba talking, he may actually want to destroy the baseball club.
Sep 2, 2010 10:48 AM

Jun 2007
The answer to Koutarou's question: Kazuya wouldn't have stringed Minami along for the best years of her life; having her act like his wife whilst refusing to get intimate.

The way both Minami and Tatsuya are covering for a person who's trying to destroy their dream, and has only ever said and done bad things, is as retarded as ever. Does it even matter why he's doing it?

Again, I feel obliged to point out that this filler coach business is meaningless, in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't needed for the baseball side, and all it has done is get in the way of the best aspect of Touch - the romance. I would be moved by the childhood friendship parallel if it mattered enough for me to care.

It did bring up an interesting point, though: would Tatsuya, Minami, and Kazuya's relationship have gone in a similar direction if Kazuya hadn't gone bye-bye?
Aug 28, 2015 5:40 AM
Nov 2014
Nice back story on the demon coach but I still won't buy his shit lol, the guy is a douchebag. Holding out old grudges doesn't excuse his childish attitude towards the current Meisei team who did not do anything wrong.
Dec 22, 2015 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
Nice try for the sympathy card with the demon but I'm not buying it, he's done too much to deserve any from the team.
Jan 1, 2017 9:14 PM

Oct 2015
Well that one hell of a grudge...Tatsuya proving him wrong so far and not giving up.
Jan 3, 2017 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
At least a new character appeared.
Alright episode.
Feb 2, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
A really good backstory of Kashiwaba's arc
I don't like how Eichirou said something like that
Actually, he should tell everyone about the accident when he graduated so Eijirou won't be like this right now

And, I smell love triangle between them. But overall, coach's arc is what makes the story interesting.
Sep 9, 2017 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
Right now for me Kashiwabas story is more interesting than the tournament itself. Really like this direction. Even though the actions of the younger brother can't be forgiven I can still in a way feel his pain.
Nov 2, 2018 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
The situation with Yuka is getting out of hand, but to the most important thing of the episode: the Kashiwaba brothers. I don't understand why Minami didn't say the truth to the older brother, and got rid of the demon. He isn't wrong in calling his brother "incorrigible scum", we already saw enough to know that this is exactly what he is, he even threatened Tacchan with ruining his summer and dreams, and he disrespected Kacchan's death for the third time, but Tacchan is such a silly buffoon that he is saying that "no matter what the demon is our coach".

He isn't wrong, but he is only the coach because he lied, and pretended to be his brother to get this position in order to torture young players to feel alive in his miserable existence. Yes, his past is sad, but his brother didn't even blame the accident on him, he volunteered to take the blame by himself. Of course his brother was wrong to accept this, but really, there is no way to justify what he did, and what he is doing with Meisei's team.
May 30, 2019 1:50 PM

Nov 2016
Nice backstory for the coach, really made me care about his situation. Sure, his methods are harsh, almost cruel and apparently he's still holding a grudge, yet I can't help but think that he's having good intentions in mind.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2019 11:16 PM

Feb 2017
Really makes me wondering about Tatsuya's life without his brother's death
Would he lead a life as misery as the interim coach's?
They were particularly the same, a concerning brother that love their sibling more than their self.
Indeeed Kazuya wasn't a delinquent unlike the coach's brother, but we'll never be able to foresee what's going to happen, right?
addictedtolivingJun 15, 2019 5:12 AM
Aug 5, 2020 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
Sympathy? nah, the coach is still a douchebag and totally deserves the misery he is going through since he brought it on himself.
Even though I agree with Koutarou's point at the start, I also don't think Tatsuya should do it now but do it after reaching Koshien showing that he surpassed his brother before actually dating her. On the other hand he could easily have refused any of Yuka's advances.

Aug 22, 2020 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
So this was the reason the author kept Mr. Faggot as the coach for so long? Should've just given him the truck treatment two episodes in.
Aug 23, 2021 4:56 AM

Jan 2018
I was hoping for this episode clear up some things yet it basically retold what we already knew and left me with more questions than answers. Like, I can't even read if Kashiwaba Eijirou (the asshole coach) is doing what he's doing for petty revenge or something else. What is the story trying to tell us about Kashiwaba Eiichirou exactly, that he's actually the real monster and not his younger brother? What's with the shades making him look more sinister than his brother?
The only thing I caught from this is that Eijirou is basically what Tatsuya might've grown up to be if Kazuya didn't die which is something I realized much earlier when Kashiwaba was introduced.
But man the fucking coach is trying too hard to make a point to Tacchan, the "yOu AnD i ArE n0t So DiFfErEnT" trope. When will he realize the Uesugi twins are nothing like him and his brother. I don't smoke but he probably shouldn't have wasted a cigarette there.

Koutarou has a girlfriend and he isn't really wrong. Minami and Tatsuya should've already become an item. But Tatsuya seems to enjoy cockblocking himself still.
0451Aug 23, 2021 5:37 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 18 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 5, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 39 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 15, 2009

7 by doctorGero »»
Mar 15, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.