Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2009 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So lets see:

If Faina's home planet is anything like her, then the Ryvius needs to stay the hell away from there.

Ikumi's turned into a sister-complex irrational South American despot.

Heiger continues to act like a Oberstein wannabe.

Blue has spent how long in that hanger doing jack shit?

Faina is a manipulative scheming little bitch that still hasnt died yet.

Poor Aoi, she's totally gonna get killed by Faina. :(
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 11, 2010 4:20 PM
Feb 2009
dame right heiger biggest TOOL!!
Jan 16, 2011 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
Poor Aoi, why does she even keep staying with Kouji? It'll make her no good. I like Yuki very much, though I wish him taking more care about Aoi, what's he thinking leaving her out like that? :( Well, the way it is, there's more drama, so let it go.
Apr 5, 2011 10:57 AM

Feb 2009
I'm pretty sure that Heiger was about to reach orgasm a few times in this episode.
Faina has formed some creepy women-only religious sect and is acting almost like their messiah,lol.Also her grin of rage when Kouji rejected her was quite disturbing.And the fake smile she put on right after that was very creepy too.Now i understand why Beatnik hates her so much.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 30, 2011 12:08 PM

May 2010
I dunno, so far we've only been seeing evil tendencies, she hasn't actually done anything that bad yet. All this hinting towards how evil she is just makes me think she's going to do something epic in the last two episodes. I can't wait!
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 29, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, Fina, I knew it. You're charming devil with cruel heart.
She is the most interesting female character of this show for me.

And Kouji with his gun, sure, will have some fun.
Nov 21, 2011 1:08 PM

Feb 2009
lololol can't wait to see what Fina does

Aoi pisses me off. So fucking annoying.
Mar 12, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
What I don't understand is why Kouji is given so much airing time. Now that he has no official role anymore on the ship other than feeding Blue he's just a filler - I don't understand what Fiana likes in that guy.
Apr 3, 2012 9:09 PM

Jan 2012
xD @ responses

great show is great...

brb more popcorn
Feb 27, 2013 1:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Even Ikumi has taken leave of his sense now. The level of pathos in this show is incredible.

Faina's evil smirk is a fantastic moment. And boy will her inner Yandere explode when she finds out Aoi and Youki are back together.

In this episode I definitely sense a common thread to a lot of Taniguchi's work. Both in Ryvius, Gun & Sword and Code Geass, there's an implied criticism of forcing peace upon others by means of force. Ikumi and Heiger's utopia is in reality an artificial construct that cannot last, and comes at a great cost to the mental health of everyone upon Ryvius.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 13, 2013 3:27 PM

Nov 2009
Oh god, Faina went full on Yandere . . .

Then we have Ikumi and Kozue who have also both gone insane . . . And now Aoi (perhaps Kouji too) . . . Is this whole show just going to have it so everybody goes insane?
May 4, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2010
Okay Faina is scaring me a bit...I thought she would just forget a loser like him now. I am curious what her group is going to do.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 24, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
Faina, I'm truly scared of Titania. I don't even want to think how crazy it would be if they ever make it.

And love the fact Kouji finally broke down (I mean, he had been holden all this suffering for soooooooo long) and how he and Aoi can give some confort to each other.
Jul 27, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
That breakdown scene was masterfully handled, im so happy the series was willing to portray a scene like this as many others would take the risk of showing its protagonists in such a weakened state, also hooray they finally (intentionally) kissed.

Also calling it now, kyouji uses his gun on faina. I'm also suspecting faina may have committed murder in the past, shes clearly intending to with aoi and i doubt this is the first time such a homicidal tendency has appeared.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 16, 2014 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
wow that was some quality seiyuu work from Aoi

Ikumi and Heiger's measures to keep the ship safe are pretty awful
Sep 15, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
Why people hate on Kouji so much? He is one of the most likeable characters still. I mean, he is the one who still didn't went full crazy, I guess. Look at the despair that surrounded most of the cast. Comparing to them Kouji still is in his faculties haha.

So Faina is the main "boss" inside Ryvius haha. She is the most scaring one, alongside Kozue.

I wish Kouji would ally with Blue and Juli so they could do something about the current situation.
Sep 18, 2015 1:47 PM
May 2015
Okay, so I was wrong. Thought the people in the ship wouldn't help Ikumi and his plan would fail because of that, but they did help and the plan was successful. Ikumi's going too far now though. He has to realize that 0 is an impossible figure, that much control makes people start thinking suicide. 3 percent is a good figure. Fina's cult looks like it's about ready to start f'ing around, which is stupid considering she could wait until they get to her planet first. Kouji, surprisingly, managed to make Aoi keep her tenuous hold on sanity. Well ok, reality. Sanity is long gone for most people on the ship at this point, Yuki is the most sane person right now.
May 26, 2016 5:10 AM
Aug 2014
I realize the current situation is far from ideal, but they're on the run being branded as terrorist, with limited food supply and on a spaceship. The anarchy that existed from the start should've already meant their demise, but they somehow managed to survive so long. So something like this is needed to improve everyone's chances of survival, so the whining of Juli, Aoi and as usual Kouji annoyed me. Everyone seems to be going insane too, which I never find interesting to watch.
Jun 23, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
Okay all the girls are officially crazy.
Aug 1, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
I think Ikumi's idea is actually good. I mean before this you had people trying to kill, rape, assault, steal, and many other things for no fucking reason than just being raging teenagers. If they are threatened with death for doing these things for absolutely 0 reason other than being crazed assholes then so what? They should get killed because they are jeopardizing the safety of others for no good reason and can lead to the demise of everyone's survival through creating chaos and anarchy.

Also, Fiena = crazy bitch confirmed. Yandere mode activated. She needs to get offed real quick.

I hate Juli, she is so biased. When Blue was being the biggest tyrant ever she wanted to let him get away with it and fell in love with him (wtf?, smart girl not so smart eh? lol). Now that Ikumi, proposes a good idea that actually stops violence, as opposed to blue who had his crew go around and beat the shit out of people for no reason, steal food points, and hold people gunpoint, and she is like woah hold on you gone too far. I want someone to tell her to shut the fuck up, you biased bitch, go stay in the cell with your pscyho ass boyfriend who betrayed you and everyone else LOL. Also Kouji, this kid is far too naive. He was one of the two who wanted to help Blue and his crew when people went chasing after them after they basicallly made everyone's life a living hell through violence, forced mass amounts of labor, and taking away meal points for no reason, but now he is against his friend when he wasn't against blue and them? Wtf? Talk about messed up priorities. I know why his brother, Yuki, hates this douche bag. He's the typical MC that is like we have to save everyone, but is hypocritical at the same time when it doesn't even make sense to be.
CejaraAug 1, 2016 8:25 AM
May 31, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2012
Everything is escalating, everyone is desperate, breaking down or going insane, I love this.

So mixed about this series,can't say I like any of the characters (if anything I hate most of them) but absolutely adore how human they feel at the same time.

Probably my favorite episode yet.
Jul 5, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
Go Kouji! Nobody else is happy that he finally made it clear he likes Aoi?
May 8, 2019 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
I'm blown away. Everything about this episode was done to perfection. Masterpiece. Probably the best anime episode I've seen so far.

Ikumi has become an oppressive ruthless dictator. He's like the Ryvius Light Yagami who won. That slimy bastard Heiger is his right-hand man. Everything was pushed to such an extreme last episode, everything just fucking broke. Ikumi and Yuki left them, they've assumed power. Damn how the tables have turned.

Michelle and her group have become Ikumi's SS essentially. Fucking Lucson and Pat, they're just the normal civilians who are stuck in this rut.

Juli's monologue in the beginning was just amazing. How it documented the changes and everything. Kouji and Ao's breakdown, it was just brilliant. I'm almost to tears.

Faina's also at power. It seems she's offering a plan similar to Blue's several episodes ago.

What the hell is Kouji gonna do with the gun? Dammit.

20/5
Jul 17, 2019 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
Faina is absolutely scary xD Can't wait till she goes berserk. Ikumi already went ahead.

Kouji and Aoi also lost it at the end, but more in a tragic way. Wow, that breakdown was breathtakingly intense, tough to watch and we even got a kiss to boot. Extremely strong scene 👏🏻

Still don't get Neya's purpose aside from that the reflects all the emotions on board.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2019 7:37 PM
Nov 2015
I was confused why It took so long for this kids to went crazy but now im.glad It take them this much, It felt natural , not like this animes un which by episode 4 everybody is madnuts and killing everyone but then again animes now are 12 episodes and this one is 26 ... So idk if timing is good or not but i enjoy this episode
Nov 6, 2019 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
Damn people complain about Shinji but Koji is clearly the biggest pussy in anime history, great episode anyway too bad the show only got interesting towards the end.
removed-userNov 6, 2019 5:10 AM
Mar 13, 2020 10:52 AM
Nov 2013
The people who's opinions sided with Juli's against Ikumi's despite knowing the context of everything that has happened inside the ship are naive cucks that just want to take the morale high ground.

Crimes are happening & Juli has no ideas on what to do

Ikumi's way is the result of no one doing anything & people bitch about it without any alternatives

And as far as everyone being like "But Kouji is sane!"

He is doing nothing but trying to convince others to do nothing.

Trash character.

Honestly tho, the music chip girl is my favorite female of the show

Blue's sole purpose is life right now is to turn Kouji into a man, but it isn't going well...
NakuyMar 13, 2020 11:11 AM
Aug 25, 2021 9:12 AM

May 2020
And everyone's insanity just gets worse under Ikumi's new rule. People are falling apart at the seams but if not for this, they might survive at all.

I'll admit, I don't think very highly of this anime but this episode was very good. It's the first episode that actually made me feel a connection towards these characters.
Dec 20, 2022 4:00 AM

Jul 2017
i don't understand the hate that kouji receives, for me is the most likeable character so far
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Feb 28, 2023 7:45 AM

Dec 2022
There's something funny about how Juli's character was so destroyed that she somehow reduced herself to Blue's booty call in the space of a few episodes, especially considering they don't even interact at this point. What an utter waste of of a character.

Anyway, this is another decent episode. It went with a cohesive narrative framework and moulded the reactions of the characters around it, which works well considering how many of them are mentally not all there.

Shaded Horizon

7 hours ago
Oct 2022
He’ll do it . He doesn’t want to hurt anyone., but if anyone breaks one of his rules, then he will kill everyone. He has no other options. Stein is a big fan of what is going on here. It may be foolish. But It’s the best he can come up with. She can see their future. Typical men. He calls her out. Where are you? He attacks the ship and stein a smilin. He hopes this will be the last risk taken. She was all alone. It happened in a place he didn’t know, resulting in the situation he couldn’t handle. And his friend was in a shape and form that he didn’t like. But why did this have to happen? A month has passed. People are tied down by an invisible field. Information is collected on everyone. She is the granddaughter of the king of a moon. They are hoping for sanctuary in titan titanium titania. She wishes they could get there even a second earlier. The leader demands perfection. His ex won’t help him because he makes his friend worry too much about the past. He is seizing the future. It’s ahoy. Fina is upset. The new leader finding peace in her arms. He doesn’t care about anything else other than her. He laughs. If you want to survive, you will do it.
She stayed for them. But will they stay there for her? Maybe this isn’t real. She will believe if he tells her it’s true. He can’t tell her a lie. He is forcing the reality back onto her. She just merely wanted to escape for a little bit. And his logic won’t allow him to join in this fantasy. He isn’t there to comfort her. He is trying so hard to change the reality. he does not want it to be true. He is focusing on it and can’t focus on anything other than it. Even to help a friend. they both want nothing more than to escape. They weep together as one and then become. What an incredible scene. He finally says to forget about tomorrow for it better off if tomorrow never comes. It did it again. tear frankly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 23 Discussion

coyote256 - Mar 6, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 22 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

14 by TheVistrian »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 20 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 19 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

20 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 18 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.