Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2008 8:24 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just finsihed watching the second episode fansub of FIGHTING WINGS, and I have to say I am at least a little dissappointed. Perhaps I was just expecting too much from a 1-hour special, but overall it just seemed too rushed.

It was kind of cool to see Keiichi take one of Lind's angels (with the other characters so insanely powerful compared to Keiichi, it's always nice to see him step up and show he is special, too).

I was very disappointed in the long-awaited return of Skuld's angel, Nobel Scarlet. Her original introduction was IMO a major story arc in the TV series, and a major part of the development of Skuld's character in the show. Nobel Scarlet's return could have deserved a whole arc of its own, rather than being a passing event in this arc.

I guess I don't want to be *too* negative, as I did enjoy the show. I'm just sorry they could not have done, say, two 1-hour episodes instead.
Jan 6, 2008 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
I must agree it was a little rushed but I still liked it. They should make a new season of this anime(there's also room for another season if they wanted)
Jan 6, 2008 1:27 PM
Oct 2007
I agreee it was rushed IMO. Nobel Scarlet return was such a small thing that it really was disapointing. If they did 3 episodes vs just 2 making one more about Skuld and Nobel Scarlet development would have been great and would have cut down on that rush feeling.

Over all i did enjoy it and do hope they make a season 3 in the near future.
Jan 6, 2008 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
Meh, the episode was good indeed since they actually let Keiichi do something good. I would never of thought that he would be able to control and angel, but he did.

I just wish there was more!
Jan 7, 2008 2:57 PM
Aug 2007
it wax pretty good and followed the manga so no surprises except the part where Keiichi bumped into Belldandy's boobs haha I luved that part. Pretty good special
Jan 7, 2008 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
*spoiler*

What I am wondering is this new Angel that Belldandy has now, does it mean she has 2 angels now?

Jan 8, 2008 11:23 AM
Oct 2007
Well if it follows the magma then this will lead into another 2-3 espiode show later or maybe a good start to a season 3
Jan 8, 2008 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
The personality in the main characters was a little different from before!! I think it was weak, and less funny that old episodes...

Anyway, why Megumi appears in the character list??, I think that I saw her in the ending theme... but nothing more... how can we fix that??

Greetings to everyone!!! ^_^ Ciao!
.. Airwalk
Jan 16, 2008 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
airwalk said:
Anyway, why Megumi appears in the character list??, I think that I saw her in the ending theme... but nothing more... how can we fix that??

What I thought was even more interesting, was that Keiichi's mother and father appear in the ED, and they have never been shown in the anime previously. I am hoping that was a not-so-subtle hint that there is more coming (as in, a third season). <fingers crossed!>
Feb 21, 2008 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
well one could never have enough angels...hehehe the guy will die a happy man...damn
Mar 15, 2008 6:18 PM
Jun 2007
3 out of 5: It was OK

Yeah... it was a... um... nice episodes...
I was exepting something else, something more... lovely ^.^
Mar 23, 2008 7:38 PM

Jun 2007
xbandaidx said:
*spoiler*

What I am wondering is this new Angel that Belldandy has now, does it mean she has 2 angels now?

There's a whole ark in the manga on this issue of how Goddesses cant support two Angles because they don't have enough love to give to them both not to mention one is a Demon Angle. Lin is the exception to the rule, shes the only one in the series that can support two angles. So basically right after the incident in this OVA, in the manga, Keiichi volunteers to let the Demon Angle stay in his body till they can find a suitable Demon for it. He volunteers since he has so many Goddesses feeding him love everyday and he figured it would be a peace of cake.....the ark is pretty interesting and theres much more to it but I wont give it away since they may put out a season three that picks up where the OVA left off. If they don't I highly suggest everyone check out the manga. Its still in production and its leap years ahaid of the anime.

Personally I thought the OVA was done great. It followed the manga basically word for word and image for image. The only reason why it seems rushed is because they didn't tell the rest of the story. They only showed the beginning of it.
Mar 24, 2008 1:57 AM

Dec 2007
As previously stated, any feeling that it's rushed is due to the fact that the arc isn't completed here. The OVA follows the respective manga chapters quite closely, so one can't fault it too much on story. There's plenty more in this arc, and the source material can easily cover another season and then some, so let's just hope they keep going - some great stuff ahead.
Dec 4, 2008 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
it was pretty good, wishing they're more eps
Mar 15, 2009 3:34 AM

Oct 2008
Now I am definitely for a continuation of AMG into another season, but I think a lot was riding on this special. If it turned out well, it could have meant big things and, although it was good, it wasn't good enough to lead the series into another season—at least not yet. I liked it, but I was also pretty disappointed. I was expecting a lot more I guess, from an AMG special after over a decade since the OVA, and around two since the original manga. It was a humdrum story, should have been more like a movie than a special. I liked getting to learn about Lind and seeing her angels, and getting to see Keiichi with an angel, that was weird but interesting, however, it lacked substance.
May 27, 2009 6:30 PM

May 2009
I was actually very pleased with this :)
It was kinda of rushed but if they would ahve made it into a 3+ special the episodes would ahve dragged
It was very original and well thought out
:)

Oct 13, 2010 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely seemed rushed and it wasn't really much like any other AMG content, but I liked how they actually let Keiichi do something useful for once. I'll probably give it 7/10.
Dec 30, 2010 7:19 PM

Jan 2010
I liked it. I liked how Lind summoned her angels and defeat the angel eater
Mar 10, 2011 6:14 AM

Feb 2011
OMG! keichi looks gay with an angel in his back,
and i must admit that belldandy is hella sexy in that demon outfit..

now that this ova has end im craving for it more
even though AMG! is full of fillers let AMG never ends :)
Nov 30, 2012 3:35 AM

Apr 2011
I liked the demon angel belldandy had.. :D worth it.
Aug 7, 2013 9:02 AM

Oct 2008
Belldandy should wear that demon outifit more often, lol. Though it kinda ruins her image.
Anyway, it felt kinda rushed, but nice.
Jun 28, 2014 8:26 AM

May 2012
Pretty awesome two episode story, quite liked the overall character development and action! Plus the small hilarious moments sure made it quite lovely! Let's see what the last sequel will offer us!
Oct 22, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2013
two angels huh? I guess anything is possible with angels.

didn't really like this somewhat serious plot but we did get to see some character development and stuff. I just wish they'd focus more on Belldandy X Keiichi
Jan 8, 2015 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
I’ve never been in awe of the action in AMG ever since the film.
This has to be the best action I’ve seen in the newer renditions yet.
Wasn’t expecting Keiichi to hold an angel and Bell to convert a DEMON.

Good amount of cool moments! Good episode. Way better than the ending of S2.
Jun 27, 2015 9:26 AM

Jun 2013
What a nice huge belldandy-sama
Lind you're lucky dude

Oct 26, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2014
Hidayat246 said:
What a nice huge belldandy-sama
Lind you're lucky dude

Who wont be jealous
Jan 31, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2012
Belldandy's reaction when Keiichi stuck his face into her boobs was hilarious. Great episode though.
Sep 18, 2019 5:22 AM

Oct 2018
Great OVA, adapted the manga perfectly here, would love to see more, but other than the handful of OADs recently released, no other animation has been released since Fighting Wings
Apr 11, 2020 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
I'm glad evil Belldandy wasn't a thing in this episode, they pulled that stunt way too often already. Not my favourite OVA for sure, but an alright watch.
Feb 27, 2021 8:48 PM

Nov 2010
So much wasted potential. This arc is easily worth 6-12 eps. IMO. Everything ended too fast such as the fight between Hild and Lind and we didn't even see enough of Belldandy's demon mode in action, not to mention there wasn't even much romance between Belldandy and Keiichi. Nonetheless I was still entertained 7/10.
Oct 11, 2023 2:15 AM
Jan 2008
Another solid episode! Skuld, Lind, and Keiichi playing the big parts and saving the gang from the evil tentacle spittoon monster!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Tatakau Tsubasa Episode 1 Discussion

sailorlitakino - May 27, 2009

13 by observer80 »»
Oct 11, 2023 2:11 AM

» Another Season?

Taylor - Jun 11, 2008

12 by MKSTEEL »»
Aug 15, 2019 11:03 AM

» Fan sub

Onihana - Dec 13, 2007

12 by Bagg1ns »»
Jan 6, 2008 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.