Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 7, 2009 7:33 AM

Aug 2007
A good episode indeed. Still another cursed cliffhanger. I hope the next episode finally resolves this, since I want to hurry along with the next arc.
Aug 7, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, if this arc doesn't come to a conclusion by the next episode, I'm going to start getting impatient. 3/5
Aug 7, 2009 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
This arc is dragging resulting with this episode feeling tedious. It is plodding along too slowly for my liking.
Aug 7, 2009 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
Somehow I feel that the last two episodes could have been merged to one... After the explosion in EP 3 the last two were a bit slow paced... But as far as they make good clifhangers at the end it's thrilling.
Jabberwock-Aug 7, 2009 8:52 AM
Aug 7, 2009 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
Does Lawrence never thought he might being setup or something. I think of a plot where everyone are in it to rip him off.

I don't know why he's going through that trouble if the wolf want to leave let her she's not even a real woman, but then again there would be no story right.

If I was Lawrence I would ask her if she would have the courage to reveal her true self to Armaty to see if he would still feel the same about her.

For someone who say that she's wise, she sure doesn't act like it. I was person should know that nothing is forever, that it is a possibility that what she left might not be there when she come back, so why all the drama?!
Aug 7, 2009 12:38 PM
Mar 2009
If Spice and Wolf 2 had 26 episodes, I would be patient. However, no matter the length, I was really mad that moar Horo was not delivered.
Aug 7, 2009 12:54 PM

May 2009
I don't like the sad and depressed Horo. Where is my cute, teasing wolf? ;_;

I also feel that this arc has been going on for too long now, and I'm hoping for a resolution next episode. Although it's still very good and interesting.

Diana is a nice character, I like her.. :3
Aug 7, 2009 1:07 PM
Jul 2009
She's being retarded. Period.

I like that their seasons are short but if they keep going on like this they'll be wasting their limited amount of episodes.
Aug 7, 2009 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
So maybe there will be Spice and Wolf 3? I wouldn't mind that ;)
Aug 7, 2009 3:25 PM

Dec 2008
gah these cliffhangers are killing me
Aug 7, 2009 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, the suspense is killing me! But that one glimpse we got of Horo (next to Amarty, arrgh) will keep me going all the way until the next episode. Devious manuscript writers...

But what Amarty will do when he finds out about the Wolf-part of her...
Aug 7, 2009 3:56 PM
Jul 2009
From the book, the white feathers are supposed to be a signal to Lawrence that she's the person who bought Deanna's pyrite (Deanna's floor is described as being completely covered with white feathers, also the password to get to Deanna's place was sth about white feathers). She was trying to tell him that she's got the extra pyrite he needs and will work in concert with him, as soon as he makes his move, but he's too paranoid right now to understand the message.
jacketboyAug 7, 2009 4:00 PM
Aug 7, 2009 4:47 PM

May 2007
This arc has officially gone on one episode too long. I was looking forward to some kind of conclusion in this episode, but that was not to be. There better be a conclusion next episode so we can move on with the actual story.

But I do agree...these cliffhangers lately have been pretty evil on us.
Aug 7, 2009 5:15 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think any show has stressed me out to the extent these last episodes have. The tension is evil... but wonderful. My confidence in The Plan dropped with my stomach when Amarti's smug little bow revealed Horo.

Nevertheless, when Lawrence left Deanna, I thought the moon shining through the parting clouds was foreshadowing a happy end.
Aug 7, 2009 6:07 PM

May 2008
dam its pisses me that Lawrence is trying so hard for Holo and she was the one that started the problem even though he was just trying to be helpful....

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 7, 2009 6:07 PM

May 2009
that must be the most stressing show of the season, each episode has a huge cliffhanger and you're just dying to watch the next ! Right now I really want to travel in time one week in the future ;_;
Aug 7, 2009 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
I'm gonna go to sleep and won't wake up until the next episode is released....
Aug 7, 2009 6:22 PM
Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:

edit: This just dawned on me. If Horo is the person that's doing the trading with the Alchemists then that means she will have the deciding factor in the end. If it's a tie she could "buy" from either of the two guys to make them the winner.

Amarty seems like he's already got the necessary funds but he's doing to much in such a little amount of time it's getting as risky as Lawrence's plan. It almost feels like both guys will tie and Horo will become the victor lol.

She bought the pyrite for the express purpose of selling it when Lawrence does, to help him crash the market :)
Aug 7, 2009 6:27 PM
Jul 2009
greenmush said:
dam its pisses me that Lawrence is trying so hard for Holo and she was the one that started the problem even though he was just trying to be helpful....

I'm not sure if it will be explained well in the anime, but she has been giving him tons of chances to make up with her. Lawrence has been overlooking and misinterpreting them because he's insecure about her feelings for him. Seeing this arc through his eyes makes her seem very shallow and disloyal, but we'll get a different perspective on her actions next episode.
Aug 7, 2009 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
Aug 7, 2009 7:16 PM

Jun 2009
Careful for page four of this thread, people, blatant spoilers abound. Don't have your next ep ruined like mine was. :O
Aug 7, 2009 7:52 PM
Jul 2009
Spookt said:
Careful for page four of this thread, people, blatant spoilers abound. Don't have your next ep ruined like mine was. :O

One should refrain from "discussing it" if they haven't seen the episode. I agree that spoiler tags could be used but the reader shoulder be weary.
Aug 7, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2007
magentaanbu said:
Arc...too...long...
Aug 7, 2009 10:05 PM

Jul 2008
Another cliffhanger! DDDDDDD:

I hope the next episode wraps things up though.

BEGINNER
Aug 8, 2009 2:01 AM

Mar 2008
saxophone said:
I have never wanted to see the next episode of any series as badly as this one. Can't stand the cliffhangers. Good episode though. All of these events is just making people hate Amarti...including me. He's like some bug just in the way that you can't get rid of. Now I need to watch something else to keep my mind distracted till the next episode.

Yea totally agree with you man. I just barely held back from smacking that fucking blonde fag's face on my screen.. and was hoping lawrence would do it for me.

Especially when --
Amarty: I consider it merely good manners *smirk*

Aug 8, 2009 3:06 AM

Mar 2008
Lawrence is losing it D: Hope things wrap up in the next episode, this arc has been pretty long, taken half of the season actually.
Aug 8, 2009 4:48 AM

Jul 2008
I feel this whole series may take place in the town, but perhaps it'll only be one more episode. Whatever, Lawrence is gambling on a single moment where he can sway an entire market. Amarti's "muscle flexing" in the end was kinda cool, it was the only thing in this episode that effectuated an emotional response from me.
Aug 8, 2009 5:08 AM

Nov 2007
It seems Horo still hasn't made up with Lawrence =/ and from the episodes ending Lawrence seems to be in trouble. Although he will most likely get out of it, seeing how he does it should be interesting.
Aug 8, 2009 6:25 AM

May 2007
what subs are ppl watching .. and did anyone else experience that wierdness at the beginning ? >.> i.e mazui subs ..
Aug 8, 2009 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
sh4z said:
what subs are ppl watching .. and did anyone else experience that wierdness at the beginning ? >.> i.e mazui subs ..

Well I watch with mazui subs and no wierdnesses yeat... What are you talking about? :D
Aug 8, 2009 8:35 AM

Mar 2008
sh4z said:

no problems here

Aug 8, 2009 9:48 AM

May 2008
Amarty's sort of a pric :/ Did he just get gold coins to somehow show Lawrence up?

Aug 8, 2009 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
Ya I want it to get back to the two of them on the road again. I hate that Mariaty kid. -_-
Aug 8, 2009 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
I think that, because I'm really slow, I'm not quite able to follow the series very well anymore. When they get into huge discussions like this, my brain goes into overload.

So I can't even really understand whats going on to begin with, especially not Lawrence's plan. I sort of wish that they could simplify it, if only a little, for the stupid people in the audience. Like myself. I barely understood the ending to the first season, but this is ridiculous.

And it gets more ridiculous with every moment. Not to mention, Horo is being a complete bitch about the whole thing and really needs to make up her mind. I understand that she's all upset that her home is destroyed...but for some super old wolf deity, she's pretty friggen immature.

Also. Lawrence needs to get some balls. I feel so super bad for him, but he needs to concentrate cuz Amarty is just playing with his head! And normally... I would think an arc like this would be towards the END of a series.

What a tumultuous beginning season two has, but despite all that, I'm looking forward to the end of this arc to see what else Horo has in store for us...
Aug 8, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2007
sh4z said:

Laggy at the beginning when they broadcast the "do not steal this anime" message?
Aug 8, 2009 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
MRLX69 said:
sh4z said:

Laggy at the beginning when they broadcast the "do not steal this anime" message?
They might as well make an agreement with crunchyroll so they can at least make some profit from the show being online.
Aug 8, 2009 5:12 PM

Feb 2008
im disappointed in this...its going too slow. they need to pick up the pace back.
Aug 8, 2009 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
I really want Horo to eat amarty, and not in the good way...
Aug 8, 2009 6:04 PM
Jul 2009
saxophone said:
They might as well make an agreement with crunchyroll so they can at least make some profit from the show being online.

This. I usually try to wait and watch stuff there because of the better resolution but I can be a tad impatient at times. Just like with Hayate no Gotoku S2. I hate having to wait until the next episode simulcasts to be able to watch last weeks show. I would rather watch a few commercials and/or have to wait a day or two.
Aug 8, 2009 8:07 PM

Feb 2009
I am in a similar boat to others. I am really getting annoyed at how long this arc is.

Also, yes, too little "Wolf" these past few episodes.
Aug 8, 2009 8:41 PM
Sep 2008
Usually I defend the series from people who think the entire series is just "Horo-service" and discount the other good points of the show, but from the comments here I'm beginning to think I'm in the minority.

And you're SUPPOSED to want to know what happens next. And what's with the 'arcs'? This isn't Bleach.

Wikipedia :O
"Neon Genesis Evangelion, for example, is a single story arc spanning 26 episodes."

"Manga and Anime are usually good examples of arc-based stories, to the point that most series shorter than 26 chapters are a single, huge arc spanning all the chapters."

My point-quit bitching about the arc length.
Aug 8, 2009 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
ok ep, just wish we'd see more Horo and less negotiating. It makes my brain ache.

Aug 9, 2009 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
seeing horo with that guy really hurt me :(

(btw is it horo or holo , acording to mal its holo)
Aug 9, 2009 3:46 AM
Jun 2007
It's Holo, but the old spelling was Horo and imo looks better.
Aug 9, 2009 10:56 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Axxendal said:
Usually I defend the series from people who think the entire series is just "Horo-service" and discount the other good points of the show, but from the comments here I'm beginning to think I'm in the minority.

And you're SUPPOSED to want to know what happens next. And what's with the 'arcs'? This isn't Bleach.

exactly, people are overreacting because they didn't show enough Horo...<_<

But I am liking this pretty original development. It would be boring if everything was predictable...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 9, 2009 11:32 AM
Dec 2008
Didn't quite get the end, what was so special about the coins that made lawrence look so worried. Or was it just an act to confuse amarty?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 9, 2009 2:24 PM
Sep 2008
Papander said:
Didn't quite get the end, what was so special about the coins that made lawrence look so worried. Or was it just an act to confuse amarty?

They're gold coins instead of silver, so instead of 300 silver coins he got 14 or so gold coins. Which means he can't really use any of it unless he exchanges back to silver coins. Which would be a problem if he had to make a lot of small transactions.
So if he was relying on Amarty's payment for anything, he's now screwed.
(Kinda like using a $100 bill at McDonald's or something-they'll refuse it and make you go find some smaller bills.)

At least, that's how I thought of it.
Aug 9, 2009 2:50 PM

Jun 2007
Axxendal said:
Papander said:

They're gold coins instead of silver, so instead of 300 silver coins he got 14 or so gold coins. Which means he can't really use any of it unless he exchanges back to silver coins. Which would be a problem if he had to make a lot of small transactions.
So if he was relying on Amarty's payment for anything, he's now screwed.
(Kinda like using a $100 bill at McDonald's or something-they'll refuse it and make you go find some smaller bills.)

At least, that's how I thought of it.

It also cost a little extra for Amarty to upscale to a gold coin (ie. Service charge). I think Lawrence already mentioned that in the episode or a past one. Lawrence sees this as omg if he has that kind of money then that must mean he's almost at his projected total or he's really confident that he will win. I think with that and a combination of what you said have thrown Lawrence for a loop.
Aug 9, 2009 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
the series sort of feels like dragonball z now. little progress per episode but leaves you at a cliffhanger anyway. kinda like a f*** you to the viewers. what exactly is the producer stalling for? theres only 12 episodes.
Aug 9, 2009 4:18 PM

Dec 2007
kintoki said:
the series sort of feels like dragonball z now. little progress per episode but leaves you at a cliffhanger anyway. kinda like a f*** you to the viewers. what exactly is the producer stalling for? theres only 12 episodes.

no, dont compare spice and wolf with dragonball. maaan.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

445 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 3:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.