Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 1, 2009 12:36 PM
Mar 2009
I'm almost...insulted by how good these episodes were. They fixed almost all the problems which Shippuuden has had since its outset; pacing was excellent, there were no long pauses in the middle of conversations to watch the wind blow by (apart from perhaps one, but there it was actually appropriate) and the overall air of pretentiousness in which Shippuuden has been wallowing was simply not present. Even the boring, characterless Shippuuden music was used to great effect! This was just a well-told, genuinely interesting story and I'd congratulate Pierrot for it if I could shake off this feeling that they just pawned it off to a more competent studio for this special.

The only issue I had at all was that Obito's voice was not at all how I imagined it, but that's not a big deal at all.
Aug 1, 2009 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
PsychFreak said:
I'm almost...insulted by how good these episodes were. They fixed almost all the problems which Shippuuden has had since its outset; pacing was excellent, there were no long pauses in the middle of conversations to watch the wind blow by (apart from perhaps one, but there it was actually appropriate) and the overall air of pretentiousness in which Shippuuden has been wallowing was simply not present. Even the boring, characterless Shippuuden music was used to great effect! This was just a well-told, genuinely interesting story and I'd congratulate Pierrot for it if I could shake off this feeling that they just pawned it off to a more competent studio for this special.

The only issue I had at all was that Obito's voice was not at all how I imagined it, but that's not a big deal at all.

I agree. His voice really wasn't childish enough. It was like a 38 year old mans voice.
Aug 1, 2009 5:08 PM

Sep 2008
OMG. If all Shippuden episodes were like this, Naruto would be one of the best shows.
Too bad they aren't.

Anyhow. Have a huge question. For those who read manga mostly. Does this backstory(which was perfect) have anything to do with future episodes?
Aug 2, 2009 12:51 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
wow i was actually impressed by this episode! the animation of the main fight scene was done really well!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Aug 2, 2009 2:38 AM

Mar 2009
VERY good episode. 5/5! Probably The best 2 episodes of Shippuuden.
Kakashi is Greatness. Enough Said.
That entire second part of the episode got me fired up, with his eye getting cut and getting the sharingan. (Poor Obito Died) :<
But now back to the original story.., Wish we could have more. But loved it anyway. ^_^

Aug 2, 2009 3:44 AM

Jan 2008
Sesshygirl300 said:
Desire said:
I think I just saw a Naruto episode... No I can't be.. It was perfect.
Glad to have seen one of the anticipated parts I was waiting for and my expectations were satisfied.
I must say. Im will watch next weeks Shippuuden with unusally high expectations
me too

Me 3.
Tottally epic (unlike normal naruto episodes).
Aug 2, 2009 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
Sayuri-Hime said:
Anigraphuse said:

By the way, I'm gonna feel sick if they just focus on Sasuke and his team like they used to do so in the past few episodes. At least they can show some Konoha members, like Kakashi and team seven. And If Lee is in! it's a huge bonus to me.

Yes, we are going to continue seeing Sasuke and his team for a while. The storyline is progressing, though. Read the manga! : )

Poor moi! Ain't there anyway to change the manga they're using to make the anime, with a modified one? We can hire Hanzo or Kakahsi himself to accomplish the sneak mission.
Aug 2, 2009 10:31 AM

May 2009
nina4life said:

Anyhow. Have a huge question. For those who read manga mostly. Does this backstory(which was perfect) have anything to do with future episodes?

Not really. It's just showing Kakashi's history and bringing Minato into the picture. We will be seeing more of Minato later.
Aug 2, 2009 1:49 PM

Mar 2008
It's been a long time since we had a good and exciting Naruto episode, this one was great, too bad they won't keep up this pace in the following episodes.
Aug 2, 2009 2:06 PM

Feb 2009
Skal said:
Alsun said:
D_lightning1 said:
What rin doing now though.....
I wonder.. =/

Me too man, I really hope they show her once more, grown up.

Rin is dead.

These episodes were amazing and was very heartfelt. But I couldn't help but to laugh at how you rained on everyones parade so bluntly and simply hahaha.
Aug 2, 2009 2:22 PM
Jul 2009
this surely is a top-10 episode. I was afraid they were gonna leave this arc out, but I'm glad they didn't. I'm also really looking forward to sasuke and itachi:s big showdown. in the manga it's friggin' AWESOME, but since they always take the fights even further when making the anime the awesome forecast just goes straight through the roofs!
Aug 2, 2009 2:57 PM
Jul 2008
Very sad about Obito, but still a great episode.
Aug 2, 2009 3:06 PM
Jul 2009
Miertje86 said:
It's been a long time since we had a good and exciting Naruto episode, this one was great, too bad they won't keep up this pace in the following episodes.
the hell are you talking about? I mean seriously, what do you mean by that? this is the prolonged arc where everything starts happening, starting with a big fight between ****** and *******, and ending with ****** getting beat by ****.
Aug 2, 2009 3:10 PM

Aug 2007
cyniker1 said:
Miertje86 said:
the hell are you talking about? I mean seriously, what do you mean by that? this is the prolonged arc where everything starts happening, starting with a big fight between ****** and *******, and ending with ****** getting beat by ****.

Nobody cares. It's Studio Pierrot. They'll ruin it.
Aug 2, 2009 5:31 PM

Aug 2008
Classic Naruto.... without Naruto. I couldn't be more satisfied. I was really afraid that they weren't going to animate this when they started Shippuuden. It was well worth the wait.
Aug 2, 2009 5:36 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
cyniker1 said:
Miertje86 said:

Nobody cares. It's Studio Pierrot. They'll ruin it.

I'm still holding out hope, they did an excellent job on Shikamaru's arc. So I'll be holding out hope that the awesome ******* v ****** ass whooping, the epic ******* v ****** showdown, and the ill fated ******* v **** battle are all faithfully represented.
Aug 2, 2009 7:28 PM
Nov 2007
I wish 119 and 120 were OVA episodes. I want to give Kakashi's Gaiden an 8.

I like the fact that the two episodes encapsulated what attracted me to Naruto in the first place.
Aug 2, 2009 7:45 PM

Aug 2008
This is the first time in years I've loved a Naruto episode. This was so amazing. Man why can't the entire anime be this year instead of the crap they've been spoon-feeding us?
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Aug 3, 2009 12:05 AM

Dec 2008
This was a good episode; gloomy and true to the manga. I was amazed by how it wasn't censored down. Naruto Shippuuden is slowly getting back on track I hope that they don't mess things up with fillers. :s
Aug 3, 2009 12:16 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't cry. I bawled my eyes out. T_T It was so good. I knew what was going to happen and tried not to become attached to Obito. It didn't work. The episode still got me. T_T
Aug 3, 2009 12:19 AM

Apr 2008
Aeikai said:
Skal said:
Alsun said:
D_lightning1 said:
I wonder.. =/

Rin is dead.

These episodes were amazing and was very heartfelt. But I couldn't help but to laugh at how you rained on everyones parade so bluntly and simply hahaha.

I laughed at that too since it's only been aluded to that she's dead but not proven.
Aug 3, 2009 12:22 AM

Aug 2007
duotrouble said:
Aeikai said:
Skal said:
Alsun said:
D_lightning1 said:
I wonder.. =/

Rin is dead.

I laughed at that too since it's only been aluded to that she's dead but not proven.

Kakashi said everyone that he was close to is dead. She's dead.
Aug 3, 2009 12:43 AM
Apr 2008
I must admit probably best of naruto so far for me period.
Aug 3, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
from ep. 92 i jump to 119-120..ahahhaha bcoz i dont like the fucking fillers...
i hate it....!!!
Aug 3, 2009 3:11 AM

Apr 2008
Man... indeed best Shippuuden in a looooooong time, damn this special was good and emotional and cool !
Aug 3, 2009 3:26 AM

Jan 2008
Good episode. If every episode was this good I would consider picking up Naruto again.
Aug 3, 2009 9:51 AM
Mar 2009
more fillers soon but we will get to see other tailed beast host.
Really looking forward anytime for kakashi arc in the future.
Aug 3, 2009 9:59 AM

Aug 2007
kid1412 said:

You must be joking. They don't need fillers for a long time.
Aug 3, 2009 11:36 AM

May 2009
DonKangolJones said:

I'm still holding out hope, they did an excellent job on Shikamaru's arc. So I'll be holding out hope that the awesome ******* v ****** ass whooping, the epic ******* v ****** showdown, and the ill fated ******* v **** battle are all faithfully represented.

I agree completely. There's some awesome stuff coming up in the storyline, and I'm really hoping that they do it justice.

Drunk_Samurai said:
kid1412 said:

You must be joking. They don't need fillers for a long time.

Hahaha, no kidding!! There's PLENTY of manga material to go - the anime is nowhere near caught up.
Aug 3, 2009 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was sublime, this shows what people reading the manga as experiencing and why Naruto is ranked where it is! This episode was very sad, Obin dying and not being able to tell Rin he loves her touching I must say, and it few and far between for me to feel touched by anime! Lovely, hope the keep it consistent with the upcoming episodes, and the animation remains above mediocre!
Aug 3, 2009 8:54 PM

Jun 2009
geez! these ninja kids are so serious, what are they like 12-ish right?
Aug 4, 2009 10:28 AM

Dec 2008
Don't click the spoiler unless you're up to date with the manga and also know whats happening now.
I'm serious, I'll kill your happiness.
DaniyelllxAug 4, 2009 10:34 AM
Aug 5, 2009 5:10 AM

May 2008
Aug 5, 2009 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
I haven't seen such an amazing episode in a long time. Simply marvelous !
Aug 5, 2009 3:29 PM

May 2009
This is why I love Naruto. I just met Obito and he's putting me at the brink of tears and then delivery pushes me over the edge. Amazing job doing this justice.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 6, 2009 3:06 PM

Feb 2009
Alsun said:
D_lightning1 said:
I wonder.. =/

Yeah!! I Bet She's Hott!!!

AnyWay IT Was AWESOME!!!
Aug 6, 2009 3:56 PM

Aug 2007
hokitup said:
Alsun said:
D_lightning1 said:
I wonder.. =/

Yeah!! I Bet She's Hott!!!

AnyWay IT Was AWESOME!!!

Corpses are never hot.
Aug 6, 2009 8:23 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't they show Kakashi talking to some Chick that looks like Rin during the third's burial?
Aug 6, 2009 9:12 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
wow i was expecting like 4 eps or something. 2 ep arc ftw :D.

it really makes me wonder what happened to rin.
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Aug 7, 2009 6:49 AM

May 2009
akihikosama said:
Didn't they show Kakashi talking to some Chick that looks like Rin during the third's burial?

Hey that's right. Maybe that was Rin... they never clarified who she was exactly. Or did they? It's been a damn long time since I watched the first series.
AikaHimeAug 7, 2009 7:02 AM
Aug 7, 2009 10:20 AM

Dec 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:
akihikosama said:

Hey that's right. Maybe that was Rin... they never clarified who she was exactly. Or did they? It's been a damn long time since I watched the first series.

Her name was Yugau, I'm pretty sure of it.
Rin didn't have purple hair, it was a reddish brown.
Compare the images in the spoiler
Aug 7, 2009 11:36 AM

May 2009
Daniyelllx said:
Sayuri-Hime said:
akihikosama said:

Her name was Yugau, I'm pretty sure of it.
Rin didn't have purple hair, it was a reddish brown.
Compare the images in the spoiler

Okay. But what relationship does Yugau have to Kakashi? They seemed very close, yet we've never had an explanation as to who she is. Or have we?
Aug 7, 2009 11:43 AM

Dec 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:

Okay. But what relationship does Yugau have to Kakashi? They seemed very close, yet we've never had an explanation as to who she is. Or have we?

Well, she was Hayate Gekko's girlfriend and I'm guessing she knows him from ANBU. It's Yugao too I fail at remembering names >.<
Aug 7, 2009 12:18 PM

May 2009
Daniyelllx said:
Sayuri-Hime said:

Well, she was Hayate Gekko's girlfriend and I'm guessing she knows him from ANBU. It's Yugao too I fail at remembering names >.<

Hayate's the one with a piece of straw or something in his mouth all the time, right? If not, remind me...
Aug 7, 2009 12:35 PM

Dec 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:
Daniyelllx said:
Sayuri-Hime said:

Hayate's the one with a piece of straw or something in his mouth all the time, right? If not, remind me...

No, he was the first exam proctor but he got killed. He was the one who was always coughing, he does look similar though. The one with the toothpick is Genma.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hayate_Gekko
That's Hayate
Aug 7, 2009 12:58 PM

Dec 2007
I cried
Aug 8, 2009 11:24 AM

Apr 2008
great episode! but what chapters was the "kakashi gaiden" from the manga?
Aug 8, 2009 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
Siefer said:

Kakashi Gaiden starts at 239.
Aug 8, 2009 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
Daniyelllx said:
Siefer said:

why did they decide to show it so much later than it was in the manga?
Aug 8, 2009 12:37 PM

Dec 2008
Siefer said:
Daniyelllx said:
Siefer said:

why did they decide to show it so much later than it was in the manga?

Probably because it wouldn't have been the best way to end Naruto before Shippuden. It would have been an interuption if they showed it where it should have been.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.