Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2009 1:19 PM

Sep 2008
THIS was the infamous nail-ripping scene? You´re shitting me right? =/
Oct 5, 2009 9:38 AM

Sep 2009
I hope she doesn't have an itch. It's hard to scratch with nubs.
Oct 17, 2009 8:13 AM
Jul 2009
That mustve hurt.

and that's the most violence ive seen in this whole anime show, where they actually SHOW it happening.
Jan 2, 2010 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
Oh christ! OUCH!
I kinda like shion now, I hate mion even more!! uggggh that was sick...
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 2, 2010 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
Obviously none of you have read Ichi the Killer. They make you cut off your WHOLE FINGER in that manga. This is so plain, played out for scare factor.

I don't like this anime. I don't care about anyone here, there is no emotion. Not to mention the violence and gore that is there "just because". It's yet another Elfen Lied.
Jan 29, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
uhh, Mion one of the more false form here. ;xxxx Shion devoted for the good of others and Mion?she didn't do anything
Shion and Satoshi, T___T sad.

and Sonozaki leader vievs suckz
Mar 16, 2010 5:31 AM
Oct 2009
Wow that fingernail scene was horrible :/

ive tried to lift my nail up but it's stuck , so imagine how painfull it is when they chop your fingernail off. it really gave me the shivers during that scene lol :P
Mar 17, 2010 7:15 PM

Jan 2010
i agree with everybody else that the fingernail torture scene was scary; i totally hate Mion now for making her sister go through such a thing, and for following her awful family's traditions.

Ok, I think Satoshi really did kill his aunt and the Sonozaki family captured him, tortured him, and then disposed of his body (remember the beginining of the 3rd story arc?). Then to hide this and make the village think Satoshi was demoned away as part of the curse, they made the police think that a random druggie or whatever killed the aunt.

Also, I am thinking now that all the killings related to Oyashiro's curse are actually done by the Sonozaki's family, either from their free will and they are using the villagers' belief in Oyashiro's curse as a cover story, or Oyashiro is actually possessing the family members.
Hiro-sanMar 17, 2010 7:20 PM
Mar 19, 2010 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Eeesh. What an episode.
Apr 8, 2010 1:21 PM

Jan 2010
Jesus Christ' the creators are sick O.o

poor Shion ;(...screw Mion,she's a b*tch :\...3 fingernails??wtf she's your twin,and you were like best friends

i really thought they were acting or something to mislead the family :\

i hate that Old demon grandma so much...gaaah this made me mad x(

at least they'll all be dead in a few years yay :-)

5/5!?
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 15, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
Holy cow. First in this arc, Shion went crazy, now Mion is the nuts one? That's a stupid question... everyone is always nuts on this show :D
And I liked how Satoshi killed his aunt... with a bat *winkwink*. lol.

Fingernail scene was nasty... I half closed my eyes the first time around because I thought they would show it.
Apr 21, 2010 4:29 PM
Apr 2008
So how Satoshi disappeared is still a mystery.
Apr 22, 2010 8:19 PM

Feb 2010
Hm by now I think that in at least 1 or 2 of the first 3 arcs Mion was actually Shion. First of all Mion said to Keichii that she had that same conversation with satoshi once before (before keichii kills the uncle) but now we know it was shion who had that conversation with satoshi.
Anyways, the twin sister part is probably one of things I cannot get out of my head. Who is who in which arc ? ^^

Besides that this episode was really painful... I lost a fingernail once by accident and it hurt like hell. When I think of pulling them out by forcy by myself... *shiver*
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2010 12:38 AM
May 2010
Elfana said:
The fingernail scene was the most shocking thing I have seen around now! It was so freaking scary, and I was like: NO! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS! *terrified* I can't image how Shion must have felt... *feels sick* Gaahh!

Exactly. I swear that scene was more traumatizing than any of the death ones that they've shown before :(.
Jun 13, 2010 11:00 AM

Jun 2009
patient_senses said:
So I'm 17 episodes in and I only know one thing for sure and that is the Sonozaki family is freaking insane!

I think Keichii needs to go on a killing spree again.
Jun 25, 2010 1:33 PM
May 2010
Holy crap! This show is even better than I remembered!

I watched the Exorcist, played Silent Hill 2, and saw every Saw. This was the first thing I've seen that legitimately FREAKED ME OUT.
Jul 2, 2010 7:48 AM

Dec 2009
Seems like Mion and Shion weren't that close ...
Jul 7, 2010 9:00 AM

Mar 2010
AAAAAAhhhhhhh, the fingernail scene...It is the thing that creeps me the most.I don't mind anything else, but this is unbereable...

Anyway, still we don't know what hapenned to Satoshi..And, Mion is freakin' lunatic..
Jul 15, 2010 6:08 AM

Aug 2009
Fingernails was real creepy... looked so painful X.X
I'm guessing the Satoshi disappearance is the same one referenced in some of the previous arcs?
I wonder what Shions going to do now?
FrostlightJul 15, 2010 6:21 AM
Jul 18, 2010 3:43 PM

Dec 2008
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!

OMG, the fingernail scene totally had me squirming in my seat, pinching my face, and I couldn't bring myself to look away... and the screams were awesome, and the fingernail only being halfway pulled, and them forcing her to finish...!! WAAAHHH!!

Damn, I love this. The fingernail scene also reminded me of Saw, but much less bloody. :D
Aug 5, 2010 5:23 AM

Apr 2009
Wow.. Painful :p poor Shion, when she missed and only pulled half of it.. must've hurt a lot :p
Aug 17, 2010 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
At this point , I don't know whom to hate/love.Everyone is screwed..
Aug 23, 2010 1:45 PM

Jan 2008
Rika is all knowing.

Aw, Shion was willing to throw herself under the bus if it meant helping Satoshi.

Wow, the Sonozaki family is messed up.

OWWWWWW... the fingernails scene.
Sep 7, 2010 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
Omg! Poor Shion! I just can't believe her own family wanted her to do that! That is just so sick.
Sep 25, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
My parents walked into the room and asked if that was me making all that noise xD . Too funny.
Such junk...
Oct 6, 2010 12:01 AM

Nov 2009
I'm lovin this anime so far; really gets you in the zone.

yeah... i had to check my fingers if they still had nails on themXDDD
Oct 18, 2010 2:22 PM

Nov 2009
POOR SHION!!! OW!!! i cant even imagine that happening!!! its so gross!!! their family is so messed up!!! i cant believe they did that 2 her... and wow Satoshi killed his aunt!!! i no they said he didnt but i believe he did only cuz Keichii killed their Uncle haha... i can see now what Mion meant by "Same call by Satoshi." but he was talking 2 Shion!!! and Shion is also like the only1 who wasnt psychic... Rika was cute... i wish Sataco would cheer up!!! it was nice of him to get that bear for Sataco... 2 bad he disapeared... i hope he gave the present to her. . . omg i loved how he killed his aunt!!! She's all like, "So this is what Satoshi was talking about." and then the blood got all over it ahaha
Nov 2, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2010
AIYAA I can't feel my fingers anymore
at least it'll grow back eventually?

Nov 3, 2010 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
The Nail-ripping scene was incredibly hard to watch. I felt a little sick :(

Hinamizawa must be the worst village to live in, honestly. >.>
Nov 14, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
That fingernail scene was just horrific. We still don't really know what happened to Satoshi though, as it was that drugged up psychopath that supposedly killed his aunt. Rika predicted that in this episode too.
Dec 23, 2010 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
Dude, OW. I forced myself to watch that entire scene.

My nails are hurting right now. Blaeh.
Dec 28, 2010 12:26 PM

May 2009
Am I the only one who miss Keiichi?
Feb 7, 2011 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
wow, a really powerful episode this is one of my favorite episodes in this season.
Mar 12, 2011 6:50 AM

Dec 2010
Wow. That was easily one of the most disturbing scenes I've seen in quite a while. The thought of having to put the 2nd one back in after missing the first time was... T-T

I've figured out my thoughts on the whole Satoshi/Psychopath switch...basically, the Sonozaki's are allowed one free pass for a murder every Watanagashi and call it 'Oyashiro-sama's curse'. However, Satoshi killed his aunt on that day, which put a spanner in their plans, as two Watanagashi deaths not related by marriage was pretty much against the rules (all the other deaths were married couples). Therefore, they somehow obtained a 'psychopath' to cover for the aunt's murder, while 'Oyashiro-sama's curse' was used to remove Satoshi from the picture. Makes sense in my head anyway.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Mar 19, 2011 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
omfg..i couldnt watch it. i rly couldnt. i had to skip the scene. just seeing her "getting ready" was driving me crazy. holy cow. who the hell can think of such things? this is nuts.
May 26, 2011 9:12 PM

Jan 2009
The Sonozaki family.... gah, seriously messed up. They will put their own family through freaky medieval-ish torture just for associating with enemies. Even just the children of enemies. And what's with Mion? Lately she's just been... Ugh. Not my most favorite character, as when the series started. She takes her position as _future_ head of the Sonozaki family way too seriously. As Shion said, anytime it comes up, Mion's opinions and voice changes. Drastically. So much so that she'll put her own twin through torture, with such a cold attitude, and not even waiver. F***ed up. I hated Shion in the previous episode, but she totally didn't deserve all this.

....On another note, it was cool to learn that Keiichi's earlier suspicions about Satoshi were correct - he did in fact kill his aunt, and it wasn't the workings of some random crackhead. Interesting. I hope, for story's sake, that he's still alive somewhere and will make a comeback with a BANG sometime/somehow.
Jun 1, 2011 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
Couldn't bear the sight of shion taking off her own fingernails...

BTW.. do fingernails grow back even though you've ripped them apart?
Jun 3, 2011 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh, it's as painful as it was the first time I watched it. Bleh. I always feel like throwing up during that part. I have to turn the volume down so far. And I can't look at the fingernail that was only half off.

horofirefox said:
BTW.. do fingernails grow back even though you've ripped them apart?

As long as the growth plate isn't damaged, which it didn't look like it was in that, then yes, they will grow back. But it will take a while.
Jun 28, 2011 8:09 PM
Aug 2010
Holy shit, great episode but I cringed during the fingernail scene.
Jul 3, 2011 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
I was more than cringing... I was f*cking flailing my arms around (why? I don't know).... ugh, what an effed up family...
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jul 7, 2011 1:49 AM
Jul 2010
The fingernail scene was seriously disturbing... The worst thing being that Shion ripped the first one herself.

Anyway, at least now I know why Shion reacted so bad to Keiichi saying Satoshi had transferred during Satoko's arc and why Shion and Mion didn't seem to get along well in the second arc. (Which was actually the most confusing one... Now I want to know even more who was who in that arc. I really can't tell them apart so I was damn confused by it at the time but now it seems even more important to realize what happened!)
Jul 27, 2011 4:17 AM

Jul 2011
ouch!!! the fingernails scene looks really painful, and the worst thing about it is that Shion have to remove her fingernails by herself. oh man!!!!!

i really like Shion now, she seems like the only sober girl in hinamizawa
Aug 15, 2011 10:39 AM

Mar 2011
Ouch... poor Shion, i really hated Mion in this episode.. doing that to a sister, dont fingernails grow back? at least thats the little positive side to it..

I hope all goes well for Shion in this arc
Sep 1, 2011 11:42 PM

Jun 2007
Totally despised Mion this episode...

Also, did anyone else notice that Satoshi told Shion to take satoko to the festival however in the previous arc where keiichi kills satoko's uncle, Mion tells Keiichi that Satoshi had called HER up and said that? Idk if it's just an inconsistency or has a deeper meaning...
Oct 2, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2010
4. It was okay. Psycho Mion is just.. no.Attacking little S. -_-
Tell the victims to kill eachother.
Nov 28, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2011
Poor Shion. I can't imagine what having your fingernails pulled out must feel like. I had to skip the scene.
Jan 13, 2012 8:49 PM

Dec 2009
Just like a bunch of people in here, I thought the fingernail scene was horrible... Damn.
I still wonder what exactly happened to Satoshi.
Feb 1, 2012 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
Cannot deny the fact that such a machine have actually been into use in some areas of the world at some points. I don't give a daim-chocolate about that,but using it in a series on the so-far favorite character in the series...
Ofc the "purest" one needs to get mutilated in some sort as this is after all a show writing *Fcked up* all over it as one of the genres. Horror, etc =at times, but not in this episode.

Mion seriously got some dual-personality or whatever. Being with her sister and family in public means -> pure and loveable. In private, even if it's her own twin sister, the *dark eyes glares at you* side comes out.
Excited to see how this arc ends indeed.
Feb 18, 2012 2:08 PM
Sep 2011
WAAAH so painful!! :((((((
Feb 18, 2012 7:02 PM

Jul 2011
I just had 2 nails removed the other day...man i'm glad it wasn't like that....
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

366 by Apratim »»
Jul 24, 12:42 PM

» Super Sakoto - Minor Spoilers Up To Episode 13

KaptainKoolaid - Jul 14

4 by KaptainKoolaid »»
Jul 16, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Mar 1, 2008

152 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 3, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Mar 1, 2008

131 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 2, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 29, 2008

174 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 2, 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.