Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2009 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What... the... hell...
Isara...
*Sigh*
Jul 26, 2009 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Ouch...i cant wait to see people rage.
Jul 26, 2009 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
So it already happens this episode....

*gets mentally prepared for it*

;_;
yakisobapanJul 26, 2009 5:33 PM
Jul 26, 2009 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
damn. first casualty of squad 7. i knew someone was gonna get shot but i was thinking either rosie or her. next week is going to be intense.

on another note, they were sent on a suicide mission ans survived. heads will roll.
Jul 26, 2009 6:11 PM

Jan 2009
oh crap ..! xD.
this was unexpected.. or was it?: p
and also
Nymed said:
Ouch...i cant wait to see people rage.
yeah sure, *RAAAAAAAAAGE*
happy?: D
not really, according to me, she isn't really that important, and if I could there are a few more that I'd chose to shoot actually : 3 bwahahahah
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2009 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
so it is this episode....
aww man time to cry again

i remember dropping my controller and screaming like a maniac and crying like a baby at the same time
Jul 26, 2009 7:25 PM

Jan 2009
funsohng said:

i remember dropping my controller and screaming like a maniac and crying like a baby at the same time

Hmm I think I'll go and get myself the game tomorrow : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2009 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
Oosran said:
funsohng said:

you should. best game of the gen
Jul 26, 2009 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
funsohng said:
Oosran said:
funsohng said:

you should. best game of the gen

just bought it : D now I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival in my mailbox : )
good night (yeah it's night over here, or actually, morning xD.. was up a bit too late : D)
Jul 26, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
crap!!! isara, i didnt think that some one would die ( yeah i was navie, this is a war)
im going to get the game too....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 26, 2009 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
funsohng said:

Yeah... this was pretty much the only "WTF? ARGH!!! BLARGH!!! *flails arms around* *pulls hair* *emo tear* *throw controler*" moment I had in a while <_<.... and that's pretty much on a 6 year count.
Jul 26, 2009 10:57 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode...we have some drama going on and we get some nice action scenes...which are too few in this anime. I want to see next week's episode...
Jul 27, 2009 5:23 AM

May 2008
IIIISSSSAAAARRAAAAAAAA!!!

dam it! DX
Jul 27, 2009 7:37 AM
Apr 2008
I remember dropping the controller in shock when I played the game. It wasn't as poignant this time around. Perhaps because I knew this was going to happen or perhaps because we know the soldier is going to shoot someone and it comes off as less of a surprise.
Jul 27, 2009 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
;_;

I knew it was coming, but ;_; I also pinpointed the right episode number and point at which it'd happen in the episode...
I wish the battle had been a bit longer, though.
Jul 27, 2009 10:33 AM
Jun 2009
I knew she was gonna die but its a different scene then the game i mean in the game all the squad was there this time only rosie so welkin doesnt know yet omg!!!!! he will never see her againj!
Jul 27, 2009 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
o... ouch so she dies.... eh?

lolz anyone saw how Alica's arms were like flapping when she ran away from Faldio
after having her wounded hands in the water?

.. lolz at Welkin's smile at the end , might be his last >_<
Jul 27, 2009 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Didn't see that one coming...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2009 1:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SIGH.

Again, it was inevitable.... It is painful no matter how many times you watch this.... It was slightly different from the game scene though....

I would refrain from punching against the wall this time.....

Evtrai said:

Yeah... this was pretty much the only "WTF? ARGH!!! BLARGH!!! *flails arms around* *pulls hair* *emo tear* *throw controler*" moment I had in a while <_<.... and that's pretty much on a 6 year count.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 27, 2009 1:34 PM
Feb 2009
Gehhh, this pretty much screwed up my whole week. I'm probably going to end up crying more then the entire Squad 7....
Jul 27, 2009 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
I actually thought that Isara didn't die and that it was only a wound... guess she actually did. ;_; Wahh poor Rosie and Welkin and... wait I forgot Faldio's most loyal subordinate's name. -_-
Jul 27, 2009 3:56 PM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
SIGH.

Again, it was inevitable.... It is painful no matter how many times you watch this.... It was slightly different from the game scene though....

So painful ;_; I'll have to catch up on other shows to distract me from the wait until next week.
I kinda prefer the anime scene over the game scene, though...since in the game the whole squad is there, which makes the whole "suddenly, a shot from nowhere" seem kinda silly -- where were the lookouts? Here with just the two of them...yeah. Plus Welkin's gonna be in for a shock...

stickymochi said:
I forgot Faldio's most loyal subordinate's name. -_-

Ramal, a.k.a. the male tsundere :P
Jul 27, 2009 5:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kariohki said:

stickymochi said:
I forgot Faldio's most loyal subordinate's name. -_-

Ramal, a.k.a. the male tsundere :P

ROTFL. I like that nickname.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 27, 2009 8:50 PM

May 2009
Screw this episode. ISARA!!!! ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2009 10:47 PM
Mar 2009
OH NO ISARA DOWN!!! MEDIC!!!!!!!!!

good episode! MOAR WE NEED MOAR

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jul 27, 2009 10:54 PM

Feb 2009
^hahaha

but man poor isara, the solider looked like he was pointing his gun at rosie so I thought she was the one that was gonna get it.
Jul 28, 2009 1:03 AM

Apr 2008
OMG ... the last part is shocking x_x

Jul 28, 2009 1:14 AM

Nov 2007
Quite the cliffhanger they hit us with. Just when things were going well between them this has to go and happen. But I guess they can't really have a plot without there being something that goes wrong =/
Jul 28, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
DARN IT.. WHY.. ISARA..
i thought this is just gonna be another episode with a celebration and/or a difficult battle but still a victory for them (usual thing that has been happening in this anime).. but that cliffhanger really left me in rage..
Jul 28, 2009 2:21 AM

May 2008
omg i didnt noe that Isara would..... man that was so sad

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 28, 2009 4:21 AM
Aug 2008
THANK GOD!!!

She was the most annoying character in the anime. I thought she would stay alive for the whole thing but yay shes dead.

I couldnt stand the bullshit perfect person character she was it was fucking annoying.

Cant wait for next episode to see reactions.
Jul 28, 2009 5:49 AM
Jul 2008
SIN-SAKI said:
THANK GOD!!!

She was the most annoying character in the anime. I thought she would stay alive for the whole thing but yay shes dead.

I couldnt stand the bullshit perfect person character she was it was fucking annoying.

Cant wait for next episode to see reactions.

Tactless much?

If that's how you feel then that's fine; you're entitled to your oppinion, but this probably wasn't the right time or place to voice them if you look at the oppinion of all the other 31 posts. It's almost as if you were wanted start a flame war or something.
Jul 28, 2009 8:27 AM

Aug 2008
So no one ever dies? As soon as someone said that I began wondering who'd be gone by the end of the episode. A little shocking & disappointing, and doesn't seem to fit all too well with the feel of this anime. The whole scene felt quite artificial and contrived, but I guess it's that way a lot of times.

On another note, the beach reminded me of a certain Wolfenstein ET map, with the Normandy-esque beach in an enclosed area (to show you where to go, o/c ;). Probably was a custom map, so not like anyone else'd recognize it.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jul 28, 2009 11:07 AM
Apr 2008
JadeMatrix said:
So no one ever dies? As soon as someone said that I began wondering who'd be gone by the end of the episode. A little shocking & disappointing, and doesn't seem to fit all too well with the feel of this anime. The whole scene felt quite artificial and contrived, but I guess it's that way a lot of times.

Fits better in the game where it is done differently. I've been slightly disappointed in the anime and how it portrays the story. It's still good but it lacks the greatness that was the game.
Jul 28, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2008
I can't believe, why Isara??? For me it was unexpected, I almost started to cry.... Of course it's a war, I know, but poor Ramal:((( It's going to be sad next week, it's better to prepare lots of tissues.
Jul 28, 2009 11:46 AM

Aug 2008
Showers said:
JadeMatrix said:

Fits better in the game where it is done differently. I've been slightly disappointed in the anime and how it portrays the story. It's still good but it lacks the greatness that was the game.
Yeah, this one reminded me of Tytania. A entirely likable main character is killed off merely for drama, plot progression, and perhaps character development for the #1. This wasn't quite as bad, so I'll judge it by the next episode.

Isn't that the way it always is? The source material is usually better :)
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jul 28, 2009 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
I was just begging to think (This being another battle and all) are they ever going to take any casualties, it's a war? Then I thought...maybe not.

Then...then...Isara dies! :(

Poor Ramal...and and Welkein.
Jul 28, 2009 11:55 AM

Dec 2007
So I finally got around to watch it. It was pure torture to watch this episode while already knowing that Isara was going to die. ;_;

Lol @ Rosie tackling Damon in the preview though.
Jul 28, 2009 4:20 PM

Feb 2009
It's not like I didn't see that coming since I've played the game but... GOD DAMMIT why does the only character I like in this show have to die! ><

So anyway, on to the other things in this episode:

- Welkin x Alicia x Faldio still sucks.
- Rosie still acts like an asshat, far more than in the game.
- WAR, yeah finally!
- Imperial soldiers can't see through the smoke but hAxTank can shoot the bunkers -_- And talk about canon sniping...
- Apparently machine guns are only decorative, or those imperial soldiers don't know what's suppressing fire.
- In the Empire we put snipers on the front line for the lulz...

Back to Isara's death, I didn't feel it was that sad, whether in this episode or the game (in which she dies like Trinity in Matrix 3 if you know what I mean). Actually when playing the game I felt that the aftermath of her death was much more emotionally intense, especially the scene in the cemetery with Rosie singing for Isara, Squad 7 saluting, and flashbacks shown.
Jul 28, 2009 4:54 PM
Jan 2009
I wonder how will Welkin react...was shocked that she dies ><
Jul 28, 2009 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
the emotions are going to fly next episode...

Good episode IMO BTW.
Jul 28, 2009 5:57 PM

Oct 2008
Damn... And i was hoping they would drop killing her in the anime..... *sigh* Though i saw it coming the moment Rosie was given the Darcsen charm.
Suicidal...Me?...Naaaah
Jul 28, 2009 6:57 PM

Apr 2009
sad pandas
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Jul 28, 2009 8:41 PM

Jun 2007
It was expected because i picked up hints from the gamers a few posts back. I also heard the name of the battle so when they said we are going there I was like oh crap here it comes. Not looking foward to the next episode just for the dramatics and sadness. I wonder how everyone is going to take the news ;_;

That was cool that Alicia healed so quickly. I guess now Faldio knows somethings up.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jul 28, 2009 9:03 PM
Aug 2008
nice ep
woot Didn't see that one coming
man poor welkin
Jul 29, 2009 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
Isara dies but Rosie still gets to live, huh?
Well, at least they bothered to kill a main character. I really didn't think the show (and by extension, the game, I guess) had the balls to do it, so it was never even a thought in my head.

Besides that last 20 or so seconds, a very boring episode.
Jul 29, 2009 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
O.o Judging by next episode preview, it seems Isara has really died. For me it was totally unexpected plot wist and quite shocking. O.o
Jul 29, 2009 2:10 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
Isara dies but Rosie still gets to live, huh?
Well, at least they bothered to kill a main character. I really didn't think the show (and by extension, the game, I guess) had the balls to do it, so it was never even a thought in my head.

Besides that last 20 or so seconds, a very boring episode.

oh yes, and it was quite sad in the game. more dramatic than in the anime, actually, and there wasn't even a cliffhanger.
awwww, Isara... <3 :'( ;_;
Mmmm, spoilers until I make a MAL-friendly sig. xD

FC Cards!
Jul 29, 2009 4:29 AM

Dec 2007
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 29, 2009 7:10 AM
Mar 2009
Lol at Largo getting leopard skin man-thong.

*sigh* Why does EVERYONE have to rush towards Rosie when she is injured? Welkin should be staying IN the tank and providing cover fire and Largo should be using his lancer!

Next episode will be lots of drama, crying, and anger? Actually, I didn't see much crying going on in the preview.

I guess they won't have the R&R scene. The ED lied! D=
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.