Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2009 5:26 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
cat-fu.... lol
ranma gave akane a cat kiss c:
Oct 20, 2010 1:46 PM
Sep 2010
I just saw the episode :D
Ranma didn't kiss her; (s)he just touched her face
anyways they were both girls; this doesn't count!
Nov 3, 2010 8:09 PM

Mar 2010
ah the cat is sooo shampoo ibet

ranma being a cat was wierd

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 8, 2010 2:48 PM

May 2010
Lol, that cat isn't fooling anyone in the audience *cough* shampoo *cough*.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 14, 2013 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
Seabury said:
Lol, that cat isn't fooling anyone in the audience *cough* shampoo *cough*.

Though I kinda wonder why she liked girl Ranma in the pool. But I guess she like them both now :)
Funny episode!
Feb 19, 2017 8:07 AM

Feb 2013
His father is terrible, lol, that isn't training at all.
First he sticks him in a pit with cats all covered up in fish sausage and to make him better he does basically the same.
Poor Ranma turns into a cat when the fear overwhelms him.
That kiss was sweet, if you could call it a kiss.
That cat from Shampoo is suspicious.
And Sasuke is a lame ninja in this anime.
May 29, 2021 5:11 AM

Apr 2013
Tendo always looks a bit more capable than Saotome, but in reality both are kinda useless lol
Jul 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Jun 2021
Genma """"""best"""""" father of all time, and without him we wouldn't have such a funny plot.
Sasuke's fake kidnapping and disguise are unbelievably lame to a point i almost feel sorry for him
And Ranma acting like a cat himself at the top of his fear of them is hysterical
Apr 10, 2022 12:15 AM

Jan 2018
Ranma is afraid of cats? And he turns into one as a coping mechanism if he gets overwhelmed? Lmao ok.

That Chinese cat is sus as hell. Calling it now, she's Shampoo.

The kiss scene was cute as heck. I think this is Akane and Ranma's first kiss? Too bad he wasn’t conscious when doing this.
Dec 11, 2023 9:55 PM
May 2021
NAHH I HAVEN'T HAD THIS MUCH SECONDHAND EMBARASSMENT IN A HOT MINUTE

the kiss was cute tho
i only care about hot ppl fr fr
Jan 21, 4:28 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Once again, the discussion for this episode is in a different thread than the one with the right title, not quite sure what’s going on here but I am definitely going by the original broadcast order if MAL and this website I’m using aren’t lying, I suppose I’ll simply adapt lol. But yeah this was a wild one, Ranma being afraid of cats was already unexpected, but to add another layer of goofy he basically becomes a cat as a coping mechanism, so I guess the cat-fu training worked after all lol. And of course Kuno would try to exploit this new info and fail immensely, his new sidekick didn’t really help much either.

We also have a new cat character which is almost definitely Shampoo, I just wonder if she’s always had this curse or if she went and got it to get closer to Ranma after her initial reaction to the twisted truth she was given, I’m guessing she doesn’t care anymore if she’s nuzzling up to fem Ranma now too lol. And wow, I wasn’t expecting that “kiss”, to think this was how the first time happened lol, it wasn’t a complete kiss of course but I’m not sure if Akane sees it that way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 53 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

10 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 52 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

8 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 51 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 50 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.