Forum Settings
Forums

General Battle Shounen / Big Three Discussion. [Potential Spoilers]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 196 197 [198] 199 »
Nov 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
I will read it just to shit on the fans though.

No Offence....But,That's a Pretty Dumb reason to Read something
Nov 20, 2014 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
Hand_of_the_King said:
sullynathan said:
I will read it just to shit on the fans though.

It's stupid, but I'll be super critical while reading it so that I can annoy those Toriko fans that truly believe it's the best ongoing shonen.
Nov 20, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
sullynathan said:
Hand_of_the_King said:

It's stupid, but I'll be super critical while reading it so that I can annoy those Toriko fans that truly believe it's the best ongoing shonen.

It's an adventure, comedy, action series, excpecting more just proves how stupid you are, there are no plotholes and everything is scientifically explained with facts and numbers lololololol

This is what you will never be XD get rekt you soap dropping beta f*g, a real alpha male is here to go beyond the HYPE
Nov 20, 2014 6:53 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
Hand_of_the_King said:

-Is there anything particularly wrong with thinking something is the best?????

-Whether or not you're critical,You're still watching something for the sake of Bashing it/Pissing off the fans.......Not to mention you've already formed a pre-conceived negative view on it
Nov 20, 2014 7:03 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
sullynathan said:

It's an adventure, comedy, action series, excpecting more just proves how stupid you are, there are no plotholes and everything is scientifically explained with facts and numbers lololololol

This is what you will never be XD get rekt you soap dropping beta f*g, a real alpha male is here to go beyond the HYPE

LMAO. This comment ^ is exactly what I'm talking about when I mean toriko fanboys (even though I'm sure ichii is trolling)
Nov 20, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2014
sullynathan said:

Yep, he's trolling.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 21, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
The reason I never start Toriko is because Toriko himself, too much testosterone for me.

Milk_is_Special said:
https://mangaxanime.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/naruto-10th-anniversary-tribute-drawn-by-other-popular-manga-artists/
This is pretty old but I still think those drawings look realy good.

JoJo mangaka version of Naruto is so...

And the best one imo.
tr1ckst3rNov 21, 2014 5:53 AM
Nov 21, 2014 3:16 PM
Dec 2013
nvm what I said earlier. Attack on Titan season 2 will actually air in 2016. I should've known that 2015 would be too soon.
Nov 21, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Hand_of_the_King said:
sullynathan said:

-Is there anything particularly wrong with thinking something is the best?????

-Whether or not you're critical,You're still watching something for the sake of Bashing it/Pissing off the fans.......Not to mention you've already formed a pre-conceived negative view on it
yeah I would expect that from sullynathan.
toriko isn't really bad its just the fans try and hype it up to much, and the food stuff gets annoying I am kind of interested in seeing more of zebra though his power is still kind of lame.
Nov 21, 2014 5:30 PM

Apr 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Milk_is_Special said:
https://mangaxanime.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/naruto-10th-anniversary-tribute-drawn-by-other-popular-manga-artists/
This is pretty old but I still think those drawings look realy good.

JoJo mangaka version of Naruto is so...

And the best one imo.
I personaly really like these:

Nov 22, 2014 5:10 AM
Nov 2010
It's amazing how distinct their art styles are, I could recognize so many without even looking at the names that were written.
I also like the ones from Katsura Hoshino, Takeshi Obata and Yuusuke Murata and also from Tite Kubo.
I hope D.Gray-man and Hunter x Hunter mangaka are doing well and will continue with their manga soon.
Nov 22, 2014 6:10 AM

Mar 2014
Mikasa said:
yhunata said:

Really? I can't seem to care about Law's backstory. It's just as boring as those chapters with Luffy running all over the place trying to get to Doflamingo. One Piece as a whole has been rather disappointing ever since the time-skip, even the flashbacks.

Yeah I really liked how serious that part was, and the comedy was timely and pretty good.
I didn't care about Law either, his flashback was too rushed. I loved the whole theme of his the illness actually being contagious after all, although it was badly executed, I had to play it out and interpret it in my own mind and it was really nice.

I do think the scene would have been better executed if more capable authors handled it, namely FMA's. I was actually playing Brotherhood's music while I read that part.

How did you interpret the scene in your mind? How do you think other authors would handle it?
TheCommonMan1Nov 22, 2014 7:02 AM
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
Nov 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
TheCommonMan1 said:
Mikasa said:

Yeah I really liked how serious that part was, and the comedy was timely and pretty good.
I didn't care about Law either, his flashback was too rushed. I loved the whole theme of his the illness actually being contagious after all, although it was badly executed, I had to play it out and interpret it in my own mind and it was really nice.

I do think the scene would have been better executed if more capable authors handled it, namely FMA's. I was actually playing Brotherhood's music while I read that part.

How did you interpret the scene in your mind? How do you think other authors would handle it?

Dramatic music makes everything better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s

^ xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Jun 2012
Are battle shonen vidya games cool to talk about in here?
Nov 22, 2014 2:45 PM
Mar 2013
Kaimon said:
no, this is ANIME DISCUSSION.

the amount of times I've had to say this is ridiculous
Nov 22, 2014 2:46 PM

Nov 2010
Kaimon said:
Nov 22, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Flashoftheback said:
I say, Cora is an awesome man, but he was just too weak that it disappointed me, not living up the name as Doffy's brother, i thought he at least on par or stronger than Vergo but average fodders made him dying--. It was always like this with Oda's flashback, the "person of inspiration" always weak as heck, probably just to make it simple, because it will make it easier to create a dramatic scene like died by a pistol or got ice-timed.

Well he's weak but dangerous imo. talk about a perfect assassin with his.
Nov 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Kaimon said:

Fooey, can't get away with nuthin'
Nov 22, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
Kaimon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Fooey, can't get away with nuthin'
It is MAL, what did you expect <.<
Nov 22, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Flashoftheback said:
I say, Cora is an awesome man, but he was just too weak that it disappointed me, not living up the name as Doffy's brother, i thought he at least on par or stronger than Vergo but average fodders made him dying--. It was always like this with Oda's flashback, the "person of inspiration" always weak as heck, probably just to make it simple, because it will make it easier to create a dramatic scene like died by a pistol or got ice-timed.

Yeah, One Piece characters can't be rated by power alone. It's how you use your powers and skills that makes you strong or weak. Although, you can fight and win with strength alone, but it's optional. Even Haki and Luffy's Gears isn't really that much of a power up compared to other shonen manga. They don't make you stronger. They just give you an edge in a tough fight or help you get out of a tough spot.
Nov 22, 2014 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
TheCommonMan1 said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Yeah, One Piece characters can't be rated by power alone. It's how you use your powers and skills that makes you strong or weak. Although, you can fight and win with strength alone, but it's optional. Even Haki and Luffy's Gears isn't really that much of a power up compared to other shonen manga. They don't make you stronger. They just give you an edge in a tough fight or help you get out of a tough spot.
Haki and Luffy's Gears make him more flexible in fights..
Nov 22, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
TheCommonMan1 said:

Haki and Luffy's Gears make him more flexible in fights..
Exactly
Nov 23, 2014 2:37 AM
Oct 2013
What a good day to get spoiled.

Since there's "potential spoiler" added to the title, everyone's free to talk about events happened in the manga only, right.
Nov 23, 2014 2:37 AM
Oct 2013
What a good day to get spoiled.

Since there's "potential spoiler" added to the title, everyone's free to talk about events happened in the manga only, right.
Nov 23, 2014 3:42 AM
Dec 2013
wtf? Sakura Haruno had short hair from the start in the Naruto manga, but Studio Pierrot changed it to have her with long hair at the start, to then cut it off later in the anime adaptation? What a weird change they made. I always thought she didn't look right with long hair. wtf Pierrot?!
Nov 23, 2014 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
JumpinJackCrash said:
wtf? Sakura Haruno had short hair from the start in the Naruto manga, but Studio Pierrot changed it to have her with long hair at the start, to then cut it off later in the anime adaptation? What a weird change they made. I always thought she didn't look right with long hair. wtf Pierrot?!

Not really,It was shorter than in the Anime,but the Haircut was Canon
Nov 23, 2014 3:58 AM
Dec 2013
Hand_of_the_King said:
JumpinJackCrash said:

Not really,It was shorter than in the Anime,but the Haircut was Canon

Oh, nvm then.
wildhoodNov 23, 2014 4:06 AM
Nov 23, 2014 7:13 AM

Sep 2013
Why doesn't one piece have relevant black people? (not tanned but black)
Naruto and bleach have a lot even toriko has some.
Oda being racist.
Nov 23, 2014 7:20 AM
Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.

BlackBeard?
Nov 23, 2014 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.

Nov 23, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
^ relevant

Accelerator715 said:

BlackBeard?

Tanned and doesn't even act like a black guy :(
Nov 23, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2013
ichii_1 said:
^ relevant

Accelerator715 said:

BlackBeard?

Tanned and doesn't even act like a black guy :(

"Doesn't act like a black guy"

Bigoted stereotyping at work.
Nov 23, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.

Fishmen are basically the black people of One Piece.
Nov 23, 2014 7:42 AM
Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.
given his presentation of the transsexual characters like bon clay ivankov it isn't a stretch to say he's transphobic and homophobic as well
Nov 23, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2012
JD2411 said:
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.
given his presentation of the transsexual characters like bon clay ivankov it isn't a stretch to say he's transphobic and homophobic as well

Okama=transvestite =/= transsexual you noob.
Nov 23, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
doesn't even act like a black guy :(

Das raycess
Nov 23, 2014 9:36 AM
Dec 2013
I see people use the phrase "typical battle shonen" or "generic battle shonen" sometimes. What do they mean by this? Aren't like 99% of all battle shonens "typical" anyway? What battle shonens are there that aren't "typical"?
Nov 23, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2013
JumpinJackCrash said:
I see people use the phrase "typical battle shonen" or "generic battle shonen" sometimes. What do they mean by this? Aren't like 99% of all battle shonens "typical" anyway? What battle shonens are there that aren't "typical"?

HxH is the only one I can think of, because certain arcs make it surpass other shonens by a mile.
Nov 23, 2014 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
TheCommonMan1 said:
Mikasa said:

Make it more detailed, and focus on the theme and emotional impact instead of recapping it.
It was literally just "this guy died" and law makes a face, another guy dead, a more intense face, and so on.
It was hardly a story, just a slideshow.
Other authors would catch on the symbolism of the disease and work on it.
End Zionazism
Nov 23, 2014 9:58 AM
Mar 2013
robis798 said:
JumpinJackCrash said:

HxH is the only one I can think of, because certain arcs make it surpass other shonens by a mile.
fairy tail is another one
Nov 23, 2014 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
JumpinJackCrash said:

What people really mean when they say this are, battle shonen that use things that DBZ did almost exactly the same way DBZ did them.
sullynathanNov 23, 2014 10:21 AM
Nov 23, 2014 10:05 AM

Mar 2012
robis798 said:
JumpinJackCrash said:

It isn't atypical. It's not a shonen in the first place, that's why it's different.

Death Note is an atypical shonen. SnK too.
End Zionazism
Nov 23, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
JumpinJackCrash said:

Akame Ga Kill of course.
Nov 23, 2014 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
Mikasa said:
robis798 said:

It isn't atypical. It's not a shonen in the first place, that's why it's different.

Wow, HxH is not a shonen?
Nov 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
Mikasa said:
robis798 said:

HxH is a shounen.
and
Nov 23, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
robis798 said:
Mikasa said:

No. It doesn't fit the description like the rest.
End Zionazism
Nov 23, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:
Oda being racist.

What does relevant even mean? Can't think of many black people from Toriko.
Aokiji, Kuma? Blackbeard?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 23, 2014 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:

tr1ckst3r said:

HxH is a shounen.
and

He's saying that HxH's complexity doesn't make it a shounen. He's half right and half wrong though. I suppose he's just another guy who wanks it to death.
Nov 23, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2011
robis798 said:
Mikasa said:

an K-On! isnt a seinen either
Nov 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
Not this shit again
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 196 197 [198] 199 »

More topics from this board

» If ONE Piece is this long, imagine if this was 100 piece

jhzs0029 - Yesterday

18 by SuperAdventure »»
56 seconds ago

» What are some things you would like to see more of from the anime industry.

Lolicon4Lifeu - 2 minutes ago

0 by Lolicon4Lifeu »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

77 by SuperAdventure »»
8 minutes ago

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 5 hours ago

15 by ixaa »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime characters you would give a big hug too?

Mattenan - 12 hours ago

18 by MinakoBestGirl »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.