Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 25, 2023 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ashhk
Sad because Kuro is the one who made the show so fun :( Though I'm interested in the siblings but I guess it's time to read the manga
@Ashhk On the one hand, his death makes sense for the plot if they later avenge him. On the other hand, I have to admit that it was too cruel and seemed like an overly cynical death of a good guy in the spirit of Game of Thrones.
Dec 25, 2023 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Trimethylglycine
Horrible art style, nonsense plot, characters that meant nothing, and incomprehensible ending. Easily the worst seasonal from this bunch.
@Trimethylglycine How long have you been watching anime or reading manga? This conventionally naturalistic art style combined with a very violent plot has been a fairly well-known subgenre of action manga for many years. Baki, Inuyashiki, for example.
Dec 25, 2023 2:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Reply to RobertBobert
@Ashhk On the one hand, his death makes sense for the plot if they later avenge him. On the other hand, I have to admit that it was too cruel and seemed like an overly cynical death of a good guy in the spirit of Game of Thrones.
@RobertBobert Well this is actually why I genuinely felt something for it, which is good, both unexpected and cruel, something you wouldn't expect to see in this kind of anime when it began and this stopping point just makes you want to go for the manga
Dec 25, 2023 4:06 PM
Sep 2008
What was this anime about?
Dec 25, 2023 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ashhk
@RobertBobert Well this is actually why I genuinely felt something for it, which is good, both unexpected and cruel, something you wouldn't expect to see in this kind of anime when it began and this stopping point just makes you want to go for the manga
@Ashhk A great bait for reading manga and wanting to continue following the story, huh?
Dec 26, 2023 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
damn kuroneko died a felines death.
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Feb 2021
So He's still not dead? XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 28, 2023 6:59 PM

Oct 2022
RIP Onikobe, such a shame, she was such a wifey.

RIP Kuro-kun, definitely didn't see that one coming. I really thought he was the mc and that he was going to surprise us by being super strong and stuff. Shame.
Dec 28, 2023 7:56 PM

Jun 2021
So many Kumogakure at the end.
Dec 28, 2023 10:42 PM

May 2015
I remember someone saying that this season was gonna cover all the material. Fuck.
So mc dies and now his siblings take over the show?
This had so much potential
At least it had the best opening of the season
Dec 29, 2023 2:24 PM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed that a lot. You can definitely argue that the show failed to go anywhere and instead meandered around a bunch of mysteries with bloodshed instead of resolutions. Everything about it was so fresh and weird and funny, though. Things like this rarely stick the landing, and I'm skeptical we'll get another anime season, but it's so much better to at least try.
Dec 29, 2023 2:41 PM

Oct 2008
So, it's one of those endings where bad guys wins at the end of first season... Kuro did say that he might not make out of this alive, I guess it was to foreshadow that he really is gonna die. Tbh I thought he was the one who bullied one of the UN guys during his flashback since his eyes resembles the bully's but after seeing Ten, it made me suspect that it must be Ten.

With proper training, I think, the russian guy can be NIN's strong asset, he managed to take on multiple ninjas by himself, they'll definitely need him in this war.
Dec 29, 2023 7:46 PM

Dec 2021
They wanted to pay homage to COD Ghosts Lol
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Dec 29, 2023 7:57 PM
May 2016
Reply to OutOfGalaxy
RIP Onikobe, such a shame, she was such a wifey.

RIP Kuro-kun, definitely didn't see that one coming. I really thought he was the mc and that he was going to surprise us by being super strong and stuff. Shame.
@OutOfGalaxy i mean he is the MC for the 1st Season
Dec 30, 2023 2:08 AM
Apr 2020
this anime should get more hyped, great story, great action.
Dec 30, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2016
That was quite an unexpected ending, in a really good way. Aside the CGI of the building explosion, which was quite bad tbh, the whole chapter was intriguing until the end. Excited for the next season!
Dec 30, 2023 1:24 PM
Aug 2022
i don't get this low popularity and below 7 score

it's a good and different show
Dec 31, 2023 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to Straw-Hat-Matt
I swear, the more of this anime I watched the less sense it all made lol.

So, they killed off the supposed MC, but he's got a bunch of siblings taking over?

And why the hell did the NIN guys still fire off Escape, the UN guy was outside of his suit already and pretty much done for no? Was it just to keep the public dumb about all the weird ass ninja stuff that happened at the school?

So many questions xD
@Straw-Hat-Matt I've felt the very same way. They surely ask much more questions than they aswer (authors, i mean), but I got a feeling like I've missed some major part of lore introduction.
And why noticing fatto disguise's spy actually matters?
:P
Dec 31, 2023 12:08 PM

Mar 2008
I love how weird this was but I hate how it was so damn hard to follow. I know from comments the time skipping was just an anime thing but is the manga any easier to follow who's UN affiliated and who's NIN affiliated? I felt like i kept getting mixed up on who's side who is on because they never really always acted clearly just for one side. ._.
Dec 31, 2023 7:22 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to traed
I love how weird this was but I hate how it was so damn hard to follow. I know from comments the time skipping was just an anime thing but is the manga any easier to follow who's UN affiliated and who's NIN affiliated? I felt like i kept getting mixed up on who's side who is on because they never really always acted clearly just for one side. ._.
@traed I hear you on that. I got to give the manga a try since I did not understand shit.
Dec 31, 2023 7:25 PM

Nov 2019
This is what no plot armor does to a mf. I actually kind like how short and brutal the fight was. It felt like there were actual stakes with each swing which was really refreshing to see.
Jan 1, 12:21 AM

Apr 2015
Wait wait wait, The MC died?! and he has several siblings? My mind is blown from this ending. Although the first couple of episodes were good, It kinda lost me in the middle but the last few episodes redeemed this anime for me. A really solid ending I'd for this season.
Let's hope this gets another season.
Jan 1, 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
Damn This shit was fucking FIRE KNEEG"AS
Damn RIP but at the same time they raelly know how to suck you into the story. Holy shit I lowkey have a hard on for that noseless gal tho. Its funny too cause it all made sense at one point then the ending just make me ask more questions lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 3, 12:41 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Wow, that was a lot, haha! This was one wild ride that I certainly wouldn't mind experiencing more of. I don't particularly think this show was great or anything, but it certainly was a unique experience and never boring. I can't ask for much more than that.
Jan 5, 2:15 PM
Jan 2024
Kuro dead👎 that bitch didn't die 👎
Disliked this episode and bad ending.
Was a 7/10 after this 6/10
Jan 5, 10:19 PM

Dec 2015
schizophrenia

Only this.
Jan 11, 8:11 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I really don't understand what is going on and what is the purpose of this anime, i feel like just watching a random stuff that combined into 1 thing and i still don't know what is that thing
Jan 13, 3:25 AM
Oct 2020
bruh died and got his head kicked
Jan 16, 10:23 PM
Jul 2017
This was probably one of the most unpredictable anime I’ve seen in a while. The show had a bit of a slow start but it really picked up in these last few episodes. And of course things get really interesting in the final minutes of the show… Like, we hardly even knew anything about Kuro at all, and then they introduce his “family” right at the end like that? Bruh I hate being blue-balled like this lol.
Jan 27, 9:45 PM

Feb 2014
Nice. I feel like I have lost my time xD Please give it back xD

In the 1st half, It was showing potential, but I strongly disliked how it was going back and forth in time. That was very frustrating and annoying.

2nd half was even worse and messier - specifically episodes 9 to 12. Basically based on a random invisible dude killing off people nonchalantly with messy outcomes.

I believe nobody at this point is remembering the blond Russian foreigner who disapeared out of the anime from one episode to another as if he was never there to start off.

I remember the Kuro character said he had no siblings. But now he got lots of them. Probably author-san doesn´t even know what he´s doing lol or he´s coming with plot convenience.

I see this is the type of anime that nothing really matters. Story, plot, charaters; it´s full of nonsense stuff. But this time, for me, didn´t turn out to be good (vide the 4 last episodes, where things started to go down the hill). Being unpredictable doesn´t necessarily means good.

4/10

TechOtakuJan 27, 10:50 PM
Feb 4, 2:42 AM

Mar 2018
BITTERSWEET ENDING
Such an underrated anime
Feb 11, 1:44 AM

Jun 2020
Confusing, fun, tried to do too much in a short amount of time but I surely enjoyed it! Loved the world building especially. Second season when?
Feb 19, 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
Under Ninja? More like Utter Nonsense! The show is as confusing as it gets and is anything but ninja. I don't know if it's the writer or the production team but it feels like none of them took anime viewers into consideration. I didn't mind the art or the techno ninja crap because it started out interesting enough but there was no real progress in the story with all the back and forth. I kept waiting for explanations and details each episode but I ended up having more questions. They even killed off the funniest character in the show. Like who is the protagonist? What was the point of the show? Overall this was a waste of time.
Feb 26, 11:43 AM

Apr 2020
Very weird and unique show.
Still had fun with it but I wish the animation wasn't very poor in some scenes.
6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 5, 4:24 AM

Jan 2017
What was that about?! I got goosebumps! Kuro--err Jinro--err Ten whoever is alive.
Dang! Will this anime even get a season two?!!!
Mar 22, 2:52 AM

Dec 2020
I enjoyed watching this anime but it got really confusing in the mix I barely understood what was going on with the groups and what was up with the school. Or why at some point Katou got his loyalty suspected and I have more questions.
What I do like about this anime is that for a lot of characters, their survival was called into question and at risk except for the 3 girls that escaped through the secret exit.
It was pretty wild to me that they killed off the MC that was not something I expected to happen and that was a surprise It was pretty strange because it doesn't often occur that at the end of a season/anime, the main character actually dies.
We don't know what the foreigner is doing other than that he joined NIN.
I still don't understand why the NA guy started randomly killing the students at the school was there any benefit from doing so? because I don't know. And why if a student walked outside the school were they supposed to be shot?
I don't know what's up with all of a sudden the not MC anymore's siblings coming out of nowhere only coming out only when he is dead.

Well anyway, this was an enjoyable watch and pretty entertaining even though I did not get many things and I was confused a lot. The actual anime itself is unique and a change of pace from what you usually expect to see in an anime.
Apr 22, 5:16 AM
Mar 2015
this is the kinda anime that feels like a long ass shitpost

I’ll give it to them for being bold enough to kill the unlikeable MC (that I don’t give 2 rats’ asses abt)

5/10
GavrocheN7Apr 22, 8:54 AM
May 6, 3:48 PM
Mar 2016
I still don't know if it is genious or simply anime bullshit. The last episodes felt incredibly good but I know for a fact that the manga is much more natural with the storytelling, the silences, the time skips and the hillarious moments depicted in the middle of the plot. It is a kind of topics that I enjoy in other mediums, as in manga or literature, but it's hard to process in animation.
May 30, 1:37 PM
Sep 2021
I need to rewatch this anime again because I was confuse of UN and NIN’s things.
All characters are importance, I didn’t expect that so I didn’t focus about all of them.

And in the end, what an unexpected dead of MC!!
And surprisingly he is the 9th son (Kuro; Ku = 9) of Kumogakure clan and the 12th son (Juniro; Juni = 12) might be the next mc? or maybe that Ten? What a cliffhanger ending!
8/10
Jun 7, 5:45 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to tensaikoudakishi
wtf did I just watch
@tensaikoudakishi FR this show was bad..

Hands down
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

20 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2023

29 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2023

57 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 21, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2023

105 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 21, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

21 by princessoftrash »»
Mar 17, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.