Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Oct 9, 2023 7:33 PM
Aug 2018
@Skaldi2 it is good anime, if u not like then ignore, u cannot force others to drop it
Oct 10, 2023 1:16 PM
Feb 2016
big plot twist i was flashed
Oct 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Jun 2020

I was rewatching and noticed that at minute 15:08 the magazines are from airsoft pistols. Did anyone notice this too?
Oct 24, 2023 6:03 AM
May 2020
personagens rasos e edgy cringe aparentemente vai reger essa obra
Nov 12, 2023 5:50 AM

Apr 2013
Okayish first episode, not sure where they are going with this one. What role will that girl play in his isekai world or is her part already over?
Nov 13, 2023 6:34 PM
Nov 2020

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! dublado 1/20 ?????????????????????????/
Nov 14, 2023 3:26 PM

Oct 2019
It was an interesting choice to make the Isekai segment a long post-credits sequence. And it appears that the parallel word the MC reincarnated in is not a fantasy one; it's a near-modern one but with magic. Urban fantasy, perhaps.

I wonder if we'll see that rich girl actress again. I also wonder, despite being a daughter of a conglomerate boss and already a kidnap victim, why did her parents not hire some actual security detail for her and only had that wimpy driver "look after" her. It's not like they could not afford it.

A plot device so that she's abducted and Kagenou intervenes to save her, I know, but it was still super lame. They could have hired some actual security and have a larger number of kidnappers take them out.

This along with Kagenou forming a team consisting only of girls were my major gripes with the first episode. Haven't we had enough of harems already? Do half of shonen anime really need to be harems? Hasn't that lame anime trope grown way too long in the tooth already?
SharpedonNov 14, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 17, 2023 11:55 AM
Mar 2019
The editing and realisation, also the pacing were really good! When you don't know, it just keeps your breath away. When you know, you're still fascinated,anticipating but never disapointed by the final reveal!
Dec 1, 2023 3:42 AM

Jan 2021
Just watched the episode after seeing so much of it going around and I am impressed! the first episode has left me wanting more and wanting to see how he progresses!

It was cool how in the real world he was revealed in such a minor way, truly a shadow, so cool!
Dec 15, 2023 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
A good first episode, but it doesn't really introduce us to the concept of the anime and doesn't give us much willpower to keep watching.
Dec 20, 2023 11:13 PM
Jun 2017
bruh, this was clearely made fro lonley men
Dec 21, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 2023
This anime is perfectly
Dec 27, 2023 9:16 AM
Apr 2021
slk men kkkkkkkkkkkk
Jan 11, 9:37 AM
Oct 2019
that was probably one of the best first episodes of an anime ive ever seen if it only goes up from here this might be my only 10
Jan 21, 6:29 AM
Aug 2019
Anime muito bom com cenas de luta muito bem animadas.
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
Mar 2012
Intriguing enough to want the rest of this explained.
Feb 4, 1:24 AM

Dec 2022
This first episode was def enough to hook me in with an interesting mc to say the least.
Animation was good and so i can't wait to binge this + the opening song at the end was rlly good imo.
SanessyAdversaryFeb 4, 1:33 AM

Feb 15, 11:37 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly not bad but I felt a bit bored
Feb 20, 11:22 AM
May 2021
fiboi said:
Honestly not bad but I felt a bit bored

It gets on the main track from ep 5. After that just gets better and better
Feb 26, 10:39 PM

Apr 2009
So he isekaid himself with Truck-kun to live his chuunibyo dream? God damn, I want this option too! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 1, 5:32 AM
Feb 2024
That moonlight sonata felt so out of place to me, and you don't move that much when playing the piece lol... and now he's finally isekai'd. It seems he has a lot of women he hired, harem is not really my style.
Mar 2, 10:25 PM
Apr 2014
Really terrible first episode ... but I'm trusting the Mal score that it'll pick up. Idol girl va did a mid performance, the story was paced weird, super shit car cgi, and the mc is cringe. One of the worst episode 1s I've ever seen probably. I really hope it gets better.
Mar 21, 5:51 PM

May 2021
Dont have many expectations
Read the manga but it really didn’t feel that well of a adaptation but it was still good
Anime has high ratings for a power fantasy and most power fantasy are rated higher than normally mainly cuz of genre despite not being that good
Expecting a 7/10 or 6/10 and first ep animation looks fine despite coming from a lesser known studio nexus
To early to really say anything
The anime starting not at chapter 1 is annoying
Karva1Mar 21, 5:56 PM
Inhales oxygen
Mar 21, 8:05 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Karva1
Read the manga but it really didn’t feel that well of a adaptation but it was still good
Anime has high ratings for a power fantasy and most power fantasy are rated higher than normally mainly cuz of genre despite not being that good
Expecting a 7/10 or 6/10 and first ep animation looks fine despite coming from a lesser known studio nexus
@Karva1 it is good anime, if u not like ignore then
Mar 22, 3:43 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Karva1
@Karva1 it has high rating because it is good anime,it needed good adaptation
Mar 22, 2:20 PM

May 2021
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@Karva1 it is good anime, if u not like ignore then
@Sayan_Pal
Don’t think I’ve ever said I disliked it in my previous post?
Maybe because it said it’s not starting at chapter 1 of the light novel?
Inhales oxygen
Mar 22, 8:02 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Karva1
@Sayan_Pal
Don’t think I’ve ever said I disliked it in my previous post?
Maybe because it said it’s not starting at chapter 1 of the light novel?
@Karva1 ok,as u think
Mar 23, 7:39 PM

Aug 2014
nice isekai start ;] but again hit by a truck?:D not like it matters..
that girl who he saved looked as too much important character I wonder if she also goes to that world?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 3, 4:55 AM
Aug 2016
Everything seemed very forced to me. First we are shown a life that seems surreal. What is the character's real motivation? Become stronger, gain more power? What's with helping others? Besides, he seems somewhat psychotic, to say the least.

And he dies and we do not know how he is reborn or in what form. Except that he is the master and that his assistants, of course, are all women, with the typical personalities of an RPG group. The quite horrible transition between one life and another.

I understand that the other girl will have to die at some point so that it wasn't all in vain.

For a series with such a good score, I expected much more.

@Sharpedon thanks!! i just thought the same @Armio
BaronLukisApr 3, 5:00 AM
Apr 18, 10:22 PM

Sep 2023
Watched the first episode just to see why this series is so popular. I don't get the criticism of it being cringy cause its clear from the get go that its the main appeal. For people who like that sort of thing, this is probably a really good show.

But does anyone else wish this was a different type of story? During the MC's monologue about the limits of his capabilities, there was a glimpse of another road the author could have taken this. Not the one of Baki or Kengan Asura where people surpass humanity through martial arts but one where the MC never gets isekaied or develops superpowers, where he searches for a way to live up to his ideals while coming to terms with his limitations as a normal human.

It could be a continuation of this episode's setup where he has 2 lives as a high schooler and a crime fighter or maybe he drops the vigilante act entirely and resigns to be a normal person but finds other ways to put his passion to use. TBH it felt like this was the direction the story was going in before the isekai thing suddenly happens right at the very end. If I didn't know this was a chuuni power fantasy going in, I would have gotten my hopes up thinking this was going to be one of those darker grounded action stories that is so rare in anime.

But I guess its silly expecting that from a light novel source material huh lol
Apr 19, 3:27 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to HornyMushroom
Watched the first episode just to see why this series is so popular. I don't get the criticism of it being cringy cause its clear from the get go that its the main appeal. For people who like that sort of thing, this is probably a really good show.

But does anyone else wish this was a different type of story? During the MC's monologue about the limits of his capabilities, there was a glimpse of another road the author could have taken this. Not the one of Baki or Kengan Asura where people surpass humanity through martial arts but one where the MC never gets isekaied or develops superpowers, where he searches for a way to live up to his ideals while coming to terms with his limitations as a normal human.

It could be a continuation of this episode's setup where he has 2 lives as a high schooler and a crime fighter or maybe he drops the vigilante act entirely and resigns to be a normal person but finds other ways to put his passion to use. TBH it felt like this was the direction the story was going in before the isekai thing suddenly happens right at the very end. If I didn't know this was a chuuni power fantasy going in, I would have gotten my hopes up thinking this was going to be one of those darker grounded action stories that is so rare in anime.

But I guess its silly expecting that from a light novel source material huh lol
@HornyMushroom it is good anime, if u not like then ignore, u cannot force others to drop it or change others opinion
May 8, 5:35 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, seems like an interestnig backstory of the character
May 19, 8:54 PM
Feb 2018
Awesome fight, MC uses crowbars as his main weapon; very unique.
May 25, 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
It already had a good plot going on before the isekai but ok. One thing I noticed though on the very first scenes, that girl took a shower in the morning before going to school? Didn't the japanese shower/bathe the night before so in the morning they'd just change clothes? Lol weird thing to notice but well
Jun 3, 5:59 PM
Sep 2022
This show is fxcking dumb and I'm loving it!
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

» Hyped for the Movie!!?

Apratim - May 26

37 by RedCobra76 »»
Jun 8, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

751 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 4, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

259 by PrimeX »»
May 28, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

130 by Sayan_Pal »»
May 28, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

122 by PrimeX »»
May 28, 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.