Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »
Jul 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
A whole episode without Kirito...AWESOME! Too bad we all know who will make Sinon strong enough to smile (or alternatively not to give an F). Terrible writing as ever, but that's the fun part.
Jul 17, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2009
Mogami-kun said:
A whole episode without Kirito...AWESOME! Too bad we all know who will make Sinon strong enough to smile (or alternatively not to give an F). Terrible writing as ever, but that's the fun part.
Those posts are fun too, but in a bad way.
Jul 17, 2014 10:57 AM

Nov 2013
Quick question: in this episode, are the enemies farming for in-game money, or real money? What about Sinon's team?

Also, doesn't the "si" syllable exist in japanese? Hearing "Shinon" all the time feels like watching Gurren Lagann again. Do they pronounce "Silica" correctly? What's the difference?

To Mogami-kun: Sinon smiled already, while she was falling down.

Lollo36Jul 17, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 17, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
kokusho36 said:
Quick question: in this episode, are the enemies farming for in-game money, or real money? What about Sinon's team?

There's no real differnece since both can be exchanged with each other.
Jul 17, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
kokusho36 said:

There's no real differnece since both can be exchanged with each other.

The only difference is the amount of data.

After reading this topic, I realized that most of my complaints were caused by my stupidity, and I've decided that I'm going to Love SAO 2, although I'm still going to watch the reaction videos by overly critical youtubers.

The scene when Sinon says: "He's strong enough to smile on the battlefield" still cracks me up, though.
Jul 17, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
"Overly critical" sure...I guess that is the new term we use about them since the old one was a bit insulting.
Jul 17, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
"Overly critical" sure...I guess that is the new term we use about them since the old one was a bit insulting.
Which one? Snobs?
Jul 17, 2014 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
So far people don't act like it's a game. It does have some pretty good animation however, but that first fight was really one-sided. Shino also acts exactly like Kirito, so I wouldn't consider this a Kirito-less episode like the people above.

"That man has the strength to smile on the battlefield"
I hope he has a blast. In-fact, you should smile too Shino since it's a game and you play it optionally.
removed-userJul 17, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 17, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2008
Shino takes GGO seriously because of her backstory... Wait for the later episodes.

Jul 17, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
Piegoose said:
So far the show has fail philosophy and people don't act like it's a game. It does have some pretty good animation however, but that first fight was really one-sided. Shino also acts exactly like Kirito, so I wouldn't consider this a Kirito-less episode like the people above.

"That man has the strength to smile on the battlefield"
I hope he has a blast. In-fact, you should smile too Shino since it's a game and you play it optionally.

They are pro players, and they get real money when they win battles. That's why they act like that, and they exagerate a bit because... it's anime.

The only difference between Sinon and Kirito is the amount of data.
Jul 17, 2014 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Arkane said:
Shino takes GGO seriously because of her backstory... Wait for the later episodes.

I expected something like that, but it's not only her. Even though one of her group members did say "it's only a game", he was basically crying while saying it. Her whole group took the game very seriously, not only her. However the reason I think even with a back-story Shino shouldn't say that is because she bought this game, and is continually playing it of her own will. If she see's other people having fun playing the game after spending their hard-earned money on it, she shouldn't be a hater.
Jul 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Piegoose said:
Arkane said:

I expected something like that, but it's not only her. Even though one of her group members did say "it's only a game", he was basically crying while saying it. Her whole group took the game very seriously, not only her. However the reason I think even with a back-story Shino shouldn't say that is because she bought this game, and is continually playing it of her own will. If she see's other people having fun playing the game after spending their hard-earned money on it, she shouldn't be a hater.

She isnt a hater.
Players like Behemoth are like her goal.
Jul 17, 2014 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
kokusho36 said:
They are pro players, and they get real money when they win battles. That's why they act like that, and they exagerate a bit because... it's anime.

I don't think it ever said they can lose money though, only gain from kills n stuff.
Jul 17, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2008
Piegoose said:
Arkane said:

You're misunderstanding Shino's reason for playing GGO, but that's understandable. No, she's not a hater. I can't say more or I'll spoil some stuff.

As for the group, I figured they're just roleplaying. Makes things more exciting, yeah?
Jul 17, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Arkane said:
You're misunderstanding Shino's reason for playing GGO, but that's understandable. No, she's not a hater. I can't say more or I'll spoil some stuff.

As for the group, I figured they're just roleplaying. Makes things more exciting, yeah?

ssjokg said:
She isnt a hater.

I guess that'd make sense for her to be wanting to get better by facing off against people like Behemoth, but isn't she already the top sniper?

I could go with role-playing, but they did say "it's a game", so that wouldn't feel like the right explanation personally.
Jul 17, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
Piegoose said:
kokusho36 said:

I don't think it ever said they can lose money though, only gain from kills n stuff.
If they die they lose their gear and thus their source of income. They have to start over.
Jul 17, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
If they die they lose their gear and thus their source of income. They have to start over.

Alright, then I guess the tension does make more sense.
Jul 17, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Piegoose said:
Arkane said:

ssjokg said:
She isnt a hater.

I guess that'd make sense for her to be wanting to get better by facing off against people like Behemoth, but isn't she already the top sniper?

I could go with role-playing, but they did say "it's a game", so that wouldn't feel like the right explanation personally.
That line by Dyne is a response to Sinon's attitude, being so serious about it.
He wants to log out in order to not give them victory and to have a better chance in keeping his gear.Sure his avatar will still stay there for a while but it isnt 100% sure that the enemy will be able to find it.
Sinon is the one that takes it too seriously but we already said why.
Jul 17, 2014 5:47 PM
Jun 2010
Log Horizon is so much better than this...
Jul 17, 2014 9:35 PM
Oct 2010
ilok said:

Not really... LH is pretty much exposition the anime and there is a lot of dragging.
Jul 17, 2014 11:00 PM

Jun 2014
Piegoose said:
Botato said:

Alright, then I guess the tension does make more sense.

If you didn't notice, the guy Sinon shot first droped his gun when he died.
Jul 17, 2014 11:07 PM
May 2014
I loved the intensity and how it felt like we were really in the game! I think this season will be the best one so far. Sinon is badass!
*~*~*~Fighting evil by Moonlight~*~*~*
~*~*~*Winning love by Daylight~*~*~*
Jul 18, 2014 4:07 AM

Nov 2013
skudoops said:
ilok said:

Not really... LH is pretty much exposition the anime and there is a lot of dragging.
LH season 1 = SAO season 2 > SAO season 1
Jul 18, 2014 5:19 AM

Jun 2008
Amarrez said:
I kind of forgot why I despise this series sometimes when Sinon was doing her thing. That part, despite some silly dialogue, was really pretty neat.

People always talk about "silly dialogue", but when you get down to it, does anyone in real life have such a high level of discussion? Bet if they watched you (or really any of us) they would call our personal discussions just as silly.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 18, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2014
Takana_no_Hana said:
SetsukoHara said:
I still don't like how seriously some of those guys take their game.

LOL, unless you play ranked in a moba game such as League, Dota 2 then u won't know how seriously some people are in taking games seriously.
Haha, nice example...i used to hate the same thing in ALO but you reminded me how i act while playing DOTA and i think it should be more serious than that since its a Virtual World
Jul 18, 2014 8:14 AM
May 2014
Sinon is pretty legit. Too bad its cousin?

Miniguns are this OP? I mean yes he was taken out, but at the hands of a more capable person they could be quite the problem.
Jul 18, 2014 8:18 AM

Oct 2011
Damn... sinon was epic
Jul 18, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
I love dat fight at the end. Wow Sinon...
Jul 18, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2010
Botato said:
skudoops said:

LH season 1 = SAO season 2 > SAO season 1

I agree with that, except you need a couple more ">" between SAO S2 and SAO S1.

brandis said:
Sinon is pretty legit. Too bad its cousin?

Miniguns are this OP? I mean yes he was taken out, but at the hands of a more capable person they could be quite the problem.

From what I understand about the stats in the game, mini guns are balanced because you have to take points in strength (a useless combat stat) in order to wield them and your movement extremely limited by just having it equipped. (which is why the party was walking so slowly and ended up being late). Other people can use the points for combat oriented stats to either increase their damage or defense.

So yeah, they pack a lot of power, but I'd imagine they are extremely vulnerable to snipers and ambushes.
GD1551Jul 18, 2014 1:29 PM
Jul 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
^Exactly, if Sinon got Behemoth with the first shot then her group probably wouldn't have been in deep shit.
Jul 18, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2008
Miniguns also cannot shoot directly up, which is how Sinon managed to win, and not be riddled with bullets.
Jul 18, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2012
ilok said:

Log Horison is boring. It focus more on more on economics, politics, guilds and other crap. In every episode I see them talking about these boring things for very long time. There is little action, romance, but too much boring dialog. The characters have boring personality. I don't like the eye glasses guy. I always feel like sleeping when I try to watch it.

Log Horison doesn't have badass characters like death gun or Sinon, it doesn't have hot looking females like Sinon and Asuna, it doesn't have good romance or action like SAO, I have not seen anything as good as death gun shooting people from TV, or sinon action in this episode. A mystery like why people getting heart attack is much much more interesting than watching people in log horison setting in table conference and talking about how to fix society or economics or whatever.

These two episodes already make Log Horizon look like a garbage.
Jul 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
thepath said:
ilok said:

Log Horison is boring. It focus more on more on economics, politics, guilds and other crap. In every episode I see them talking about these boring things for very long time. There is little action, romance, but too much boring dialog. The characters have boring personality. I don't like the eye glasses guy. I always feel like sleeping when I try to watch it.

Log Horison doesn't have badass characters like death gun or Sinon, it doesn't have hot looking females like Sinon and Asuna, it doesn't have good romance or action like SAO, I have not seen anything as good as death gun shooting people from TV, or sinon action in this episode. A mystery like why people getting heart attack is much much more interesting than watching people in log horison setting in table conference and talking about how to fix society or economics or whatever.

Badass: Shiroe, Nyanta, Crusty, that other huild leader dude with black armor, etc..
ShiroeXAkatsuki >>>> KiritoXAsuna
The mysteries in LH are just as good as SAO.

Also it's very unfair to compare an action heavy show to a dialogue heavy one and claim that the latter sucks because it "has no action." That's like comparing a monkey and a fish on which can climb trees better.

As for your last line, lolno. IF SAO II keeps this up I can see it being just as good as LH, but winning because of my biased fanboyism to Kajiura's OST. Other than that no.
Jul 18, 2014 2:41 PM
Feb 2014
thepath said:
ilok said:

That is entirely a matter of taste.

I liked both but in terms of being a good anime and adaptation, LH stands above SAO season 1 for me.

The reasoning why I like LH is already in a SAO 2 thread and in a NGNL thread, so I won't post it again (yeah Botato you know what I mean XD)

Well a short thing: LH is dialogue based while SAO is action based; if you like most things explained LH is better than SAO, if you like action more SAO can be better than LH for you.
Jul 18, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2013
Caleb8980 said:
thepath said:

That is entirely a matter of taste.

I liked both but in terms of being a good anime and adaptation, LH stands above SAO season 1 for me.

The reasoning why I like LH is already in a SAO 2 thread and in a NGNL thread, so I won't post it again (yeah Botato you know what I mean XD)

Well a short thing: LH is dialogue based while SAO is action based; if you like most things explained LH is better than SAO, if you like action more SAO can be better than LH for you.
Hahaha yes I do xD

Agreed, but then again like I said if SAO II keeps this up it will be as good as LH as an adaptation.
Jul 18, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2014
thepath said:
ilok said:

Log Horizon is more intriguing. It focus more on more on economics, politics, guilds and other good stuff. In every episode I see them talking about these interesting things for very long time. There is little need action,romance, and has plenty of dialog. The characters have basic characterization. I don't like the eye glasses guy. I always feel mildly intrigued when I try to watch it.

Log Horizon doesn't need "badass" characters like death gun(LOL) or Sinon, it doesn't have hotter looking females than Sinon and Asuna, it doesn't need "good" romance or action like SAO, I have not seen anything as good as death gun shooting people from TV, or sinon action in this episode A MOTHERFUCKING ORGANIZED RAID AGAINST AN ARMY. A mystery like why people getting heart attack is much much less interesting than watching people in log horizon setting in table conference and talking about how to fix society or economics or whatever.

These two episodes already make Log Horizon look like a masterpiece
FTFY
Sorry, I couldn't resist, Log Horizon is so much more enjoyable for me than this, the gamer pandering is so much better done there.
Jul 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
thepath said:

Log Horizon is more intriguing. It focus more on more on economics, politics, guilds and other good stuff. In every episode I see them talking about these interesting things for very long time. There is little need action,romance, and has plenty of dialog. The characters have basic characterization. I don't like the eye glasses guy. I always feel mildly intrigued when I try to watch it.

Log Horizon doesn't need "badass" characters like death gun(LOL) or Sinon, it doesn't have hotter looking females than Sinon and Asuna, it doesn't need "good" romance or action like SAO, I have not seen anything as good as death gun shooting people from TV, or sinon action in this episode A MOTHERFUCKING ORGANIZED RAID AGAINST AN ARMY. A mystery like why people getting heart attack is much much less interesting than watching people in log horizon setting in table conference and talking about how to fix society or economics or whatever.

These two episodes already make Log Horizon look like a masterpiece
FTFY
Sorry, I couldn't resist, Log Horizon is so much more enjoyable for me than this, the gamer pandering is so much better done there.
Well, I approve of most of the fixes.

Except the very last line, if we're talking LH vs SAO here then yeah sure, but if we're talking about LH vs SAO II then no.
Jul 18, 2014 3:33 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
Except the very last line, if we're talking LH vs SAO here then yeah sure, but if we're talking about LH vs SAO II then no.
I do include GGO, but I'm going to be nicer and we'll have at it when LH S2 airs as this will keep going.
Jul 18, 2014 3:39 PM
Mar 2012
T3hSource said:
Botato said:
I do include GGO, but I'm going to be nicer and we'll have at it when LH S2 airs as this will keep going.

When both SAOII and LH2 air simultaneously, the mods better start refreshing these forums 24/7.
Jul 18, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
Botato said:
I said that mainly because:
1. LH is a masterpiece on its own, no need to compare it to anything.
2. LH is not that much better overall than what we have of SAO II so far, they are both great.
3. Only 2 episodes of SAO II don't really work as a good compraison. So the initial comment by thepath shouldn't even be taken seriously.

I am planning on stepping on the sidelines for the LH vs SAO wars when LH airs and only interfere when I see bullshit.
LastChapter said:
When both SAOII and LH2 air simultaneously, the mods better start refreshing these forums 24/7.
This.
Jul 18, 2014 3:53 PM
Mar 2012
Botato said:
I am planning on stepping on the sidelines for the LH vs SAO wars when LH airs and only interfere when I see bullshit

I plan on doing the same, no use in arguing with people who won't change their bs opinions anyways.
Jul 18, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 18, 2014 4:37 PM

Nov 2013
Arkane said:
How about LH vs .Hack series?
.hack sucks and is not even worth mentioning except for the Kajiura OST.
Jul 18, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
Jul 18, 2014 5:33 PM
Feb 2013
The girl alone looks nice and the plot(thinking that has nothing to do with the past) may be interesting, a side story would be waaaaay better, I guess.
But from the next ep we will see again Kirito in the whole ep ;/
Jul 19, 2014 11:29 AM
Feb 2013
I'm guessing Kirito is gonna go to GGO and still use a sword.
Jul 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
RazorRamona200 said:
I'm guessing Kirito is gonna go to GGO and still use a sword.

His default weapon is a gun even after converting his account from ALO to GGO
Jul 20, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome! She was using the weight of the Gun to flip herself in the air.
Jul 20, 2014 4:57 PM
Mar 2010
Great atmosphere and music (as expected though). The set up for this season has been superb so far and a whole episode, essentially, to the one fight is a good standard of pacing in my opinion.
Jul 20, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:
I kind of forgot why I despise this series sometimes when Sinon was doing her thing. That part, despite some silly dialogue, was really pretty neat.

And then we swapped to Silica being felt up by tentacles whilst Asuna and Kirito sat on a mushroom over yonder and I remembered.

This is literally how I felt.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.