Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 19, 2020 3:54 PM

Feb 2016
Murajsam5673 said:
To end it all, there’s Courier’s image. He’s just alone with his bike, taking a smoke break. For starters, there’s the theory that he’ll be the only one left alive after everything and kept his cold exterior to prevent getting attached. His repeated phrase of “Keep emotions out of work.” could relate back to this. The other possibility is him getting out of a fight and bleeding out alone. Although, I’m relatively confident he’ll make it out alive..

I am thinking that Courier is a goner. Swindler asked him at some point if he dies for his job. Also, in this episode, he said "keep feelings out of work" twice, even though the job has been completed. And then Doctor asked if it was true...
Nov 19, 2020 4:14 PM

May 2018
WTF, those 2 children were once part of some kind of science project , that experiment with immortality????

All those 2000+ children, all made and killed off just to make one immortal kid like 2502.

Oh, so Doc is a SUS agent.

I still wanna know who'll die next?
Nov 19, 2020 4:24 PM

Jun 2020
Okay episode I suppose. Nice twist towards the end. It doesn't look like that rocket is making it to the moon, maybe land in another region? I miss Brawler Bro. That scene with Hoodlum was heart breaking. RIP Bro.

Nov 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Jun 2020
They did a backstory and an explanation on this episode, Cutthroat was really brutal on that scene they cover the gore tho.

Looking forward to the next episode and see what's gonna happen next.
Nov 19, 2020 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
After this episode I'm 10000% confident Hacker will come back. I mean, the main gang lost Doctor, Brawler and got split up now. Getting low on MCs!
Nov 19, 2020 5:32 PM

Sep 2020
kuwangpa said:
I wonder why the brother didn't go in the rocket with the sister and Swindler ....I mean, he totally had the chance to do so.

I thought the same.
I wonder where he sent them (clearly not on the broken moon).
Nov 19, 2020 5:45 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't notice these characters were played by the same voice actor up until checking the database.
(doctor, Shinji@Eva, Emeraude & Eagle@RayEarth)

Nov 19, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
wont say i loved this episode but it was peak dangaropna 3 on the layers of twist at the end fuck doc never liked her but it was clear as day she wasn't buddy buddy with everyone so yeah this was a kind of unexpected turn seeing as this is only half way done.

super disappointed in all these executioners could've just slap on some kind of helmet without wasting designs on them with how much of fodder they turned out to be, which makes me find it hard to believe if the old duo was that strong how did hoodlums kill her at the start even if she was in poor shape
Nov 19, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2018
Can anyone explain to me how that guy didn't die after hurting the executioner hot female?

Oh, I guess I have to say here that she was the most beautiful character in this anime, but now she lost an eye.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Nov 19, 2020 6:14 PM
Jul 2020
That was fucking great episode, 10/10.

I see some people started to hate doctor, its understandable but don't you dare start to love her again after her backstory revealed.
Nov 19, 2020 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
Nefelupitou said:
Can anyone explain to me how that guy didn't die after hurting the executioner hot female?

Oh, I guess I have to say here that she was the most beautiful character in this anime, but now she lost an eye.

Because he is Hoodlum the great of a 500000000 year sentence!
Nov 19, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2018
Vindicater said:
Nefelupitou said:

Because he is Hoodlum the great of a 500000000 year sentence!

Yep, but he's my enemy now
He hurt my baby
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Nov 19, 2020 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
I can either see this plot line going really well or really badly...
Thankfully I'm more leaning towards the really side of the spectrum giving how good this episode was
But damn that censorship. Studio Pirrot strikes again!
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Nov 19, 2020 8:13 PM
Oct 2020
Damn,the doctor is really a selfish bitch.. Now i really hate her..
Nov 19, 2020 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
To think that the Doctor would betray all of them... damn :/
And wtf was the ending? Will they land on the pieces from the moon? Otherwise, she's dead, it's not like she's immortal lmao

But for sure there's gotta be something else there, otherwise, that wouldn't make any sense, so we'll have to wait.

Damn, so the whole plot about the boy & girl was to create immortal humans, at the cost of other thousands of kids, sounds a little like railgun.
Can't wait for the next episode! Oh and btw i hope hacker does a comeback, they will need him now, for sure xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 19, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2019
Doctor betrayed them, didn't really care for her. The censorship is lame :/
Nov 19, 2020 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
dang what an episode cant wait for next week great plot twist and cutthroat be bad ass
Nov 19, 2020 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
i think i forgot but im wondering what happened to the hacker
Nov 19, 2020 9:04 PM
Jan 2016
So uh.......why did the boy not go with them? He def could have pushed them in and followed after....
Nov 19, 2020 9:07 PM

Apr 2020
Lots of shock and twists this episode. Brawler is dead and Hoodlum is still reeling from his loss. They reached the Expo Park and revealed that it was a rocket launcher. The two siblings are actually immortal and are brutally experimented on by the scientists (oh wait is this Mai-chan's Daily Life? for those of you cultured motherfuckers, you know what happens in that shit).

I'll be honest though, it breaks to see that each experiment gets worse for our onii-chan. And even though he succeeds in his hardships, in exchange every friends he know and love are sacrificed because of it. And that's why he met his imouto, and the heist originated from there.

Things are going so well, until the fucking Doctor drops the ball. There was an Impostor among us, and damn that was a dirty betrayal. Cutthroat protecting our Swindler is really badass (yet the censor bug had to make us sad). In the end, the Akudamas are fractured as Swindler and Imouto are sent to who knows where. And is Hacker still alive? We'll see
Nov 19, 2020 9:43 PM

Sep 2007
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
So uh.......why did the boy not go with them? He def could have pushed them in and followed after....

THIS.
First, he pushes them into a damn rocket, that I'm going to make a leap and assume they have NO idea how to fly. Then he stays OUTSIDE the door and says goodbyes. He held no one off, didn't have to launch from a console or anything. He just stayed back due to dumbassery.

At this point, these kids and Swindler are the least interesting parts for me. And the Doc, who I found interesting, is now batting for the Executioners.

AmineDane said:

Didn't he stay back on the train so he could reach Kanto?
Nov 19, 2020 9:47 PM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, what an episode. The twists left me feeling shook. And the OP has notably changed a bit, there's more neon colors and stuff and the last few seconds of the OP also changed. I like it.

I did not expect the doctor to be the traitor, well I didn't really try to suspect anyone so that was shocking to me. I guess the master and pupil was just really leagues above the rest since their much much more stronger than the executioners here.

The kid's backstory though, Jesus that is fucked up. It's kind of like some Fullmetal Alchemist shit, sacrifice thousands for immortality. Man, I am looking forward to the next episode and what direction they will take next.
Nov 19, 2020 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
VTOtaku said:
SenpaiMars-Barz said:

THIS.
First, he pushes them into a damn rocket, that I'm going to make a leap and assume they have NO idea how to fly. Then he stays OUTSIDE the door and says goodbyes. He held no one off, didn't have to launch from a console or anything. He just stayed back due to dumbassery.

At this point, these kids and Swindler are the least interesting parts for me. And the Doc, who I found interesting, is now batting for the Executioners.

AmineDane said:

Didn't he stay back on the train so he could reach Kanto?
right. thanks forgetted this
Nov 19, 2020 9:59 PM
Aug 2019
Moon is destroyed huh? Then there will be no low tide and high tide in the ocean.
That being said, no oceans have not been seen in the series.
-
The doctor is a spy.
So her attitude to the children before is part of her acting for a spy? I didn't expect that.
Nov 19, 2020 10:37 PM
Dec 2014
FireRifle64 said:
I don't know if you guys notice but the OP actually changes as well. There is an instance which shows the characters silhouettes and each silhouette shows something involving each character. In much of the OPs, is shows a blurry image for brawler but now, it shows brawler on the bridge where he died. so there is some hints behind each character
prior OPs

Recent episode

most hype part of the episode.

confirms that Hacker will be hooked up to the digital world
Nov 19, 2020 11:30 PM

May 2020
The action in this episode is weak as fuck. No doubt the last episode was waaay too much for the animators but still, the executioners are no different from generic cannon fodder in this episode. The action and animation are the things that help compensate for this show's flaws, so if it can't do it right, this isn't really worth watching.

The Doctor being the traitor was surprising but it's definitely not out of character, although if there was a traitor, I was expecting it to be Swindler.

I am curious as to how this is all going to wrap up. No doubt the one-eyed Executioner is coming back for some revenge, but I wonder what's next, seeing as how the team no longer need to stay together for any reason. (Also, am I the only one who wants to see the old-lady boss get a badass action scene ? This show is soooo over -the-top, it would be shame if we didn't get a lady old enough to be someone's grandma lay down some smackdown.)
Nov 19, 2020 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, Doctor is a traitor! Did not see that coming.

And the whole story about the immortal kids was brutal!
Nov 20, 2020 1:42 AM

Apr 2012
Okay so this was... well... meh.
First of all the whole background story is pretty basic and rushed. Also, there is a little plot hole that just drives me insane: where did he get that hat from?? Did he steal it? Did he get it from the headmaster? From the professor? Like, why is it even there? I assume it's from the professor but... still no explanation at all, it was just suddenly there.
The ending is just wtf, like why didn't the boy go with his sister as he originally planned? He was literally standing right at the door. Why did he push Ordinary Person into the rocket ship with his sister? He has been told that the Moon was destroyed so he basically just sent Ordinary Person to the empty space without food or water or a destination? His sister is immortal but Ordinary Person is not, so... And even if they reach some destination, who's gonna land the ship? I guess it has some kind of super high-tech robot pilot, but still, since its original destination was the Moon, there is no way it can just go and land on some other random planet on its own. And there is a 99% chance that that planet will just instant kill them as soon as they get out of the rocket ship. I mean not them... just Ordinary Person. His sister will just chill forever on an empty planet, alone. So like, logic has been defeated several times today.
I also really wanna know: If he's just a rat lab on the loose, where is the money from that he gave to the Akudama? Where are the collars from?
But at least it's still stylish as heck and I enjoy it a lot. I liked the Doctor plot twist tho and Cutthroat is starting to become my favorite. Hoodlum is breaking my heart, he looks so lost and way too serious without Brawler.
OokamiRisuNov 20, 2020 2:02 AM
Nov 20, 2020 2:41 AM
Jun 2012
So 1 exocutioner was enough to 1v5 and slap all the mcs. But cutthroat can now 1v5 exocutioners and win easily.

Maybe it's just me but swindler kind of looks like the brother and sister.
Nov 20, 2020 2:50 AM

Sep 2020
Graciaus said:
So 1 exocutioner was enough to 1v5 and slap all the mcs. But cutthroat can now 1v5 exocutioners and win easily.

Because the executioner that died in episode six was an elite executioner.
The executioners in episode seven are pretty much nothing more than mob characters against someone like Cutthroat.
Nov 20, 2020 3:18 AM

Mar 2018
MeansToAnEnd said:
the back-story and objective turned out pretty lame
Sad Brawler didn't survive, what's up with Cutthroat being able to fight off multiple executioners while previously having trouble against one? Doesn't sit right that the strict executioners would absolve Doctor after she has killed so many people, unless they plan to back-stab her.

Yeah, this show is a mess. Weakest aspect being the characters. The world building is average at best. Honestly, 12 episodes are not enough to flesh out characters, especially this many of them. Characters act stupid too like when the brother sent both of them in the rocket but didn't go himself, even though no enemies were immediately attacking them. Lol wtf is this shit?
Nov 20, 2020 3:37 AM

Mar 2018
Graciaus said:

Because the plot demanded that since the enemy outnumber our mcs, they become dumb and weak. When it was the Master and Disciple vs the akudama things were evenly matched because the plot demanded it. Now the plot demands the mcs to survive dozens of executioners so they will.
Honestly, this show is dumb.
Nov 20, 2020 3:55 AM

Feb 2016
I will be happy if the swindler is really just acting because most people don't like her

Nevertheless, this is certainly one of the top 3 shows this season so far
Nov 20, 2020 4:38 AM

Jun 2016
hollyyy shieeettt ..
this anime the best of best !!!

1# rank from this season !!
Nov 20, 2020 6:50 AM
Oct 2017
executioners meeting:
guys we gotta handle this akudama threat, whats our strategy?

dude 1: use lightsabers
dude 2: negotiate with an akudama
dude 3: "i dunno use guns or something and plan a safe strategy without causing the deaths of fellow executioners causing the mortality rate to go down?"

other executioners: "YOH GTFO WE DON'T NEED YOUR INSIGHTFUL REALISTIC PLAN. WE'RE USING SMALL LIGHTSABERS AND THAT DOCTOR LETTING HER FREE BECAUSE THATS WHAT WE LIVE FOR. GOD I LOVE BEING AN EXECUTIONER GOD BLESS KANSAI. I CANT WAIT TO TALK TO THEM MID BATTLE"

Nov 20, 2020 9:11 AM
Nov 2017
at the end when the rocket was supposed to fly, the voice of the AI which announces the status of the rocket, it's voice felt like Glados's from the game series "Portal". i think it's very good easter egg XD
Nov 20, 2020 9:44 AM

Sep 2020
You know it's made by the same people who worked on Danganronpa when they throw in the word "graduate" so casually in a post-apocalyptic plot... ugh... and there was also the censorship, which apparently is a thing, after 6 episodes of pure uncensored brutal action. How and why are the only questions I have.

Fortunately, I like this series way too much atm to get mad at those 2 things in particular. Was not expecting such anime betrayal, but I'll take it. Dunno about the moon and how seeking refuge on it would've made any difference, but... ok.
Nov 20, 2020 11:13 AM
Jan 2020
WANT A PLOT TWIST?
WATCH THIS SHOW.
Nov 20, 2020 11:47 AM
Feb 2016
Censored things makes this ep go meh. But well seems like i got theory for what happens next, BASED ON THE OPENING. DO ANYONE NOTICE THAT THE OP IS A BIT DIFFERENT? if you dont want to possibly get spoiled or dont want the enjoyment to get ruined later,dont continue reading below

/SPOILER/ (possible/just theory)
Cutthroat might die next. Since that brawler ep, i have feelings that everyone will die, most of them.

If you notice the op in ep 6, that head part while showing some image in it is more faded. Now in ep 7, its getting clearer. What the most clear is on the brawler part, its shown the way he died on the bridge. While the other is quite seen but not as clear as him,and next in sequence is cutthroat. He might die, maybe. In the snow.

Or maybe not. Just the author want to make it highlight of the story.

Unless, they dont kill people in that order. But if they do so,the op dont seem neat or people will notice that some part is black, then has color, then black again. If one more people die next, and notice the op give a hint, maybe its harder to get more invested in other episodes.like you already know the who dies next.

This is purely theory on how they die and this is just what i think:

Cutthroat : die in snow, there is a lot of knife(?) On the ground. maybe he go to the moon to find swindler? Moon are cold aint it? Or not? (now that i think about it, he like white to be filled with red, maybe this is symbolic? )

Hoodlum: something to do with money

Doctor: seems like people experiment on her body. She betray and got betrayed instead?

Hacker: got swallowed up by system.

Swindler: there is a big cross infront of her. And she already cut her hair, like so short. I dont really think she died tho.

Courier: smoking under the tree. I dont think he's dying either. Since he's actually one of the mc but his passiveness dont make him look like one. (Look at the spotlight of the anime poster and he is the first person swindler met.)

Dont take or trust this too much tho. I like tragic elements in a story especially death and i tend to think about it. Lol maybe just hoping for it since it has been long since i watch a action/adventure with tragic story. I But from ep 6 i really have that guts that most akudamas will die. And from what i know danganronpa has lots of death isnt it?

But nah, maybe they are not dying. Maybe just highlight of the story. Maybe cutthroat just getting frozen there lol
/SPOILER/ END
Harukei_bMasterNov 21, 2020 10:01 AM
Nov 20, 2020 12:21 PM
Apr 2019
Man I know they are not bound by any rules to follow but it's just going too insane
Nov 20, 2020 12:35 PM

Oct 2019
God i hate doctor now
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Nov 20, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Cutthroat is my favorite character… you guys are really starting to worry me with your "the opening predicts the order in which they die" theories. Would they seriously make it that obvious, though? I mean, it's not that hard to figure out and it pretty much spoils the entire series. I personally thought the blurred images inside their heads were supposed to hint at their backstories… Doctor's image is still her naked with roses covering her body, I can't imagine how she would end up dying like that unless it's stylized?
Nov 20, 2020 1:02 PM

Mar 2017
Oh damn... so at this point, I doubt there's gonna be a happy ending. This episode was just damn heartbreaking, from the children's past to the fact that Brother sacrificed himself for Sister.

I can't imagine what the hell Kanto will do with an immortal child but it's probably not gonna be anything good. I really hope things can end well somehow 😣

Also, I can't believe Doctor was the traitor... I really liked her as well. DAMN IT!
Nov 20, 2020 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
I had a feeling about Doctor, though I thought she'd be undercover rather than making a deal still as an Akudama.

This episode somehow felt like it let the dust of the previous one settle, for as much info and revelations as it did give out.

That "Keep feelings out of work." line is definitely going to be hitting different, in the next couple of weeks.
Nov 20, 2020 3:10 PM
Apr 2017
That was a great episode. The twist was really unexpected.
Nov 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! that shocking revelation!
and everything is happening so fast!
Doctor is a sly traitor damn bastard!
5/5!

Nov 21, 2020 5:33 AM

Nov 2019
Cutthroat x Swindler
Courier x Doctor

IDC about everyone else besides these four, these better sail even tho most of them likely will all die

TheCeeJayz said:
With Doctor revealed to be undercover, it looks like there’s also a certain girl from another series airing this season who isn’t alone infiltrating a group of people.

No she didn't, she probably struck a deal in the middle of it, I'd say when they all got off the shinkansen train after that that's also when she started being sus and cryptic with Swindler
Nov 21, 2020 5:34 AM
Nov 2020
I just found out something about the Akudama's they each represents 7 deadly sins

Courier : Pride (He takes pride in his work and will always make sure he do his job till the end)
Hoodlum : Greed (He really likes money and its actually the reason why he join the gang in the first place)
Hacker : Sloth (He's lazy he sometimes use his drone as the meaning of transportation instead of walking)
Doctor : Lust (Her outfit is really revealing and not to mention she has an ecstasy after he dissect the body of train passenger)
Brawler : Gluttony (He likes to eat meat like a lot of meat)
Cutthroat : Wrath (Everytime Swindler is in danger no matter the cost he always save her even if it means losing his leg)

And finally Swindler AKA Ordinary Person (Envy) , this is actually a theory mine she's probably a fan of Akudama that she want to become one of them
Nov 21, 2020 8:11 AM

Feb 2019
This episode had totally lost me long before it got to what was ostensibly the good part of stabbings and gougings. It begins with the next destination literally rising out of the ground in front of them, continuing how they're pretty much just teleporting from one spot to the next. It goes from there right into how they're supposedly fleeing to the moon because they're the product of a secret government experiment to create superhumans, and they somehow owe it to all the culled kids to… uh… be immortal psychic moon people?
Nov 21, 2020 11:19 AM
Mar 2018
Why Swindler didn’t say anything about Gorillas death? Simple, until the revelation of the mastermind of the plan were “kids”, she is always supporting them even when they say something like “I don’t card if Gorilla is dead, it’s his fault” and no saying anything about that, when it’s the exactly the same case when you were upset cause cutthroat actions and slapped him (that was unnecessary because we all know what cutthroat was capable of and this slap doesn’t gonna change anything)... “Oh no, but let’s support the kid because they are (innocent kids)”... Bro... swindler is a dump af... in previous episodes I liked her but now with all the kids stuff I hate her... it’s incredible how she even didn’t give an emotional support to Hoodlum that was very upset with the kid comment about Gorillas death and she didn’t say anything like “that’s not good” or just talk to Hoodlum like you talk with Motorcycle guy, no... let’s ignore the comment... you know what? Forget it... swindler is a selfish character. Hoodlum is god.
Felipeacosta12Nov 21, 2020 11:23 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by Salty_Beans »»
Sep 4, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

356 by SenpaiTM »»
Aug 16, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

120 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

172 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

154 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.