Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 10:33 PM

May 2011
Dis geye es r341133 3dg33
Apr 6, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
That was...not quite what I had expected tbh.
Read a little bit ahead in the manga to confirm it for me, atleast I can understand where the haters are coming from.
With all the hype I expected something else but maybe it'll get better in the second half.
Apr 6, 2014 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
Wasn't too sure of it from the first half.
Looks like it could have some really great fights.
Apr 6, 2014 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
i'm looking forward to the shitstorm forum posts more than the actual episodes lulz.

Apr 6, 2014 10:53 PM
Aug 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
This Dragon_Slayer_X guy is such a huge fanboy. You're obviously turned on by incest because of what I see in your anime list but don't say that this ISN'T giving off that incest vibe.

This is a story about:

Tatsuya, a defective elder brother low achiever.
Miyuki, a perfect, flawless younger sister high achiever.
After both siblings entered a Magic High School,

Another generic show.

So what does that make you? A shitty hater or an elitist know-it-all or a random troll? Watch a few episodes before deciding whether it's a generic show or not then we will have a nice chat(?)..............

What's wrong with you? You've been here forever, commenting since the start and trying to defend this show no matter what with aggressive behaviour. Dude you have a problem and you need to get a life. This site doesn't even notify you on message replies how can you still be here?

Yeah I'll be watching till episode 3 and then I'll decide on it. But as of right now it's just a generic show with hinted incest.

1) First you insult me and comment about my taste and then you ask me what's wrong? I should be the one asking that question.

2) If you have common sense then you would have noticed that you would have noticed i only defend against trolls who were spreading misinformation not the people saying they didn't get a good or strong impression. But go ahead, accuse me with whatever you want........

3) That's what i have been saying most of the time.....watch a few episodes before judging? Are you reading things properly?

Sheesh too much trolls and shitty haters.......

Apr 6, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2011
off to a great start
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 6, 2014 11:04 PM
Apr 2013
Oh well, Madhouse sure know how to make an action sequence. That was cool, i will give them that. But in the end a turd is still a turd, no matter how much you say otherwise. Yes, i abhor this series from the moment i gave it a try, and for some inexplicable reason there's a cult of this thing on the West.

Without spoilers, the MC is the most bland, self-inserted teen power-fantasy to ever exist. Did you saw his sister gushing over him, how he's the most perfect human being to ever grace the earth? The hilarious thing is that she's right! He manages to be, at the same time, the plucky, underrated underdog, the hyper-competent prodigy and the dashing oblivious lady-killer. He's not "STRONG" or "COMPETENT", he's a goddamn Gary Stu, a lazy trope.

Also the author has some serious nationalism issues, so much that every Chinese/Korean is a bond villan and Japan has the best technowizards and is therefore the best.

So yeah, is shitty.
Apr 6, 2014 11:05 PM

Jul 2013
Melvin117 said:
Da anime seems rushing,as things r explained in a faster-den-normal speed,wonder if it's a 12 episodes series?

Lol dude, read the "Anime Information" on here
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=20785

It says 26 episodes.
Apr 6, 2014 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
Madhouse Mahou Sensou = Madhouse Mahouka GG
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Apr 6, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2013
The 1st Episode it's OK. neither good nor bad.
The pace seems rushed for me.
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Apr 6, 2014 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
Cinerary said:
Nidhoeggr said:
I'd like to see spoilers that prove this is not incest.
But it probably won't anyway because it is clearly trying to evoke this specific image so even if actual sexual interactions do not take place it is still implied.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei:Volume_5_Summer_break

CTRL +F for "leaving the villa" (without the quotation marks obviously)

Should explain it well enough.

Ever heard about unreliable narrators? Come on, if a murder says he didn't kill someone but you have photos showing him holding a bloody knife as he is about to penetrate his victim with it.... would you believe him? Sure, one has to assume he is innocent until it is proven. But from the eyes of a neutral party he is 99,9% guilty and it doesn't really help that he has expressed his intentions to murder his victim all the time. And this is exactly how it looks here in Mahouka.

swordstriker21 said:
*Braves the danger to unlock the bunker and take a little peek outside...

*Shuts shelter before any danger comes...

Nope. Still dangerous. One careless mistake and my "fanboy" head would be blown to kingdom come before I could scream "LN"...

*Packs stuff to move under the cover of darkness "Rambo" style...

So you basically have no arguments and decide to duck away because you can't handle criticism of your favourite power fantasies like Mahouka and SAO... great.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 7, 2014 12:02 AM
May 2010
So basically, Nidhoeggr..

You ask for spoilers showing what we said is true. Someone gives you those spoilers.

Then you refuse to accept them because its possible she was lying in the text.

You know what? If you are actually being serious here, I am so, so sorry for you. If not, god we are idiots for even talking to you.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 7, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
The pace seems a little rushed and the characters are pretty generic, but I'll keep watching for the brocon/siscon, I admit it, I have a soft spot for them kawaii imoutos ;P
Apr 7, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2009
As I said before, it doesn't necessary need to be said in the story that there is incest. it is written in such a suggestive way that it is obvious it is intended and so far every damn viewer and reviewer has picked up upon it (and this is exactly what I said in the post he quoted). You can deny it all you want but the innuendo is there and it is done for cheap pandering. Sure, they try to make excuses but don't most authors in LN do that?
I mean, look at this subforum. There were even several threads created to fight this "misperception" of incest... I am sure there would be no need to "resolve" this "misperception" if it wasn't portrayed like this in the first place. And this is an adaption: They left out a lot of the infodumps as well. Couldn't they have done the same with a lot of this unrelated and questionable subcontext?

You don't want to accept that this obvious suggestive behaviour that EVERYONE picked up is intended like this. Well, ok... I have nothing against that. But then you need to be prepared to face opposition because no matter how much "evidence" you portray the facts speak another language.
It's like with SAO... the author *tries* to portray Asuna as a strong character, yet when it comes down to the facts she is helpless when it matters and needs kirito-kun to save her like the damsel and glorified waifu she is. Either that, or the author is just bad at characterization... and/or you are pretty guillable. In any case, not a favourable point.
NidhoeggrApr 7, 2014 2:10 AM
Apr 7, 2014 1:30 AM

Apr 2013
miereneronaile said:
So basically, Nidhoeggr..

You ask for spoilers showing what we said is true. Someone gives you those spoilers.

Then you refuse to accept them because its possible she was lying in the text.

You know what? If you are actually being serious here, I am so, so sorry for you. If not, god we are idiots for even talking to you.

It's quite obvious he's a hater of Mahouka, so I wouldn't be sorry, it's quite funny actually. But what I find even funnier is how much some are trying to defend this series at all cost, like their honour is at stake.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 7, 2014 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
Hey, I gave this series a chance! I will watch at least the first five episodes and I read parts of the first novel.

The concept of a hater is pretty dumb in the first place to begin with.
If you drop something you don't like and give reasons you are a hater for not even watching all of it so you "couldn't get the full picture".
And if you watch/read it all and still dislike it... well, then you are just a no-life hater who shouldn't even be here because why did you even read/watch all of it if you "hate" it?
You artificially create a lose-lose situation for anyone who disagrees with the opinion of a hardcore minority, which enables you to disregard it simply because their opinion differs from your own.

It's a petty ad hominem argument for fanboys.

Oh, and just to make it clear:
I like GoT and as we all know it has a very prominent incest subplot. however, the author actually went through with it, creates believable consequences and can actually write. I also like Nabokov's "Lolita" and think it is an important piece of world literature. So I am not against incest per se in a story if it is good. It's just that the execution here is laughable and the author is a hack.

PS: Oh, and while we are at it: Don't tell me this is supposed to be this lame and boring because it is just the introduction arc. Good series manage to break complex worldbuilding down into digestiable pieces while keeping characters and plot in check. Read Brave New World, 1984, or even better: Let us look at anime. Even "only" decent series like Psychopass manage to have a splendid first episode that introduce a lot of complex world elements, characters and a basic plot hook in the first 20 minutes without problem. The bad start here is inherent to the original work itself and that is a flaw no matter how you look at it.
NidhoeggrApr 7, 2014 2:06 AM
Apr 7, 2014 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
Me: Hmmm this seems... interesting

Everyone else: OMG bloody gary stu, exposition, incest! WORST ANIME EVER!!!

Just kidding XD. Well I certainly hope the show doesn't turn into a harem halfway through and indulges in a Oreimo style incest pairing. I'm certainly hoping for some world building elements here, it seems rather interesting.
Apr 7, 2014 2:14 AM
Apr 2014
Black2knight said:

Just kidding XD. Well I certainly hope the show doesn't turn into a harem halfway through and indulges in a Oreimo style incest pairing. I'm certainly hoping for some world building elements here, it seems rather interesting.

If they stick to the LNs, you'd be 100% pleased with the developments.

Honestly it's like the author TRIED to make it seem like a regular harem, then turns it on its head over time.

(Ever seen HunterxHunter? Similar)
Apr 7, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
SodaPop65 said:

I am not that far into the story, but comparing a LN author to Togashi is seriously hyping it up. Making such pompous comparisons is setting up for failure if it doesn't deliver.
Apr 7, 2014 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
SodaPop65 said:
Black2knight said:

If they stick to the LNs, you'd be 100% pleased with the developments.

Honestly it's like the author TRIED to make it seem like a regular harem, then turns it on its head over time.

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into another SAO because that didn't go well for me. Since this anime is like the first season of Fate Zero in a way (exposition nuff said) then I hope it sticks to that formula cause Fate Zero was awesome. I'm expecting an engaging, well written show with mature characters here so I hope Madhouse can do just that.
Apr 7, 2014 2:25 AM
May 2010
@Nidhoeggr

It being intended to IMPLY incest and there BEING incest are two totally different things. A lot of characters in the series also end up with this misperception, and it creates conflict between Miyuki and one or two other girls(only one of those was interested in Tatsuya and the other was concerned for her)

Your constant statements of it being like this for no reason are completely baseless /sigh..
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 7, 2014 2:31 AM
Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
SodaPop65 said:

I am not that far into the story, but comparing a LN author to Togashi is seriously hyping it up. Making such pompous comparisons is setting up for failure if it doesn't deliver.

I don't think HunterxHunter is the Second Coming or anything, just an amazing well written story that deconstructs the shonen genre

Mahouka deconstructs the harem genre (Not nearly as blatantly)

On the topic of HunterxHunter, I absolutely love it, but I dropped it about 2/3 through Chimera Ant Arc. Not much was happening, sadness was everywhere, and it basically ends after that arc. I wasn't really compelled to keep reading :/ But yea, all the other arcs are pure gold, especially the Dark City one. (Been awhile since I read them, but you know what I'm talking about)
Apr 7, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
miereneronaile said:
@Nidhoeggr

It being intended to IMPLY incest and there BEING incest are two totally different things. A lot of characters in the series also end up with this misperception, and it creates conflict between Miyuki and one or two other girls(only one of those was interested in Tatsuya and the other was concerned for her)

And we were always talking about the IMPLIED incest because we think it is not there for story purposes but to pander to otakus and people who like incest no matter how corny it is. And judging by some of the fans' favourites here it seems that is correct.

SodaPop65 said:

I don't think HunterxHunter is the Second Coming or anything, just an amazing well written story that deconstructs the shonen genre

Mahouka deconstructs the harem genre (Not nearly as blatantly)

On the topic of HunterxHunter, I absolutely love it, but I dropped it about 2/3 through Chimera Ant Arc. Not much was happening, sadness was everywhere, and it basically ends after that arc. I wasn't really compelled to keep reading :/ But yea, all the other arcs are pure gold, especially the Dark City one. (Been awhile since I read them, but you know what I'm talking about)

Careful with the word deconstruction. A parody/deconstruction may only be so in name because of a meta comment put beneath a trope played straight and a parody/deconstruction in itself is no sign of quality.Kind of like Meet The Spartans was just a horrible comedy flick that was disguised as a parody because the authors were just too lazy to make their own jokes and copied movies instead while blatantly stating the obvious. Saying it is a parody/deconstruction still doesn't raise the quality of the movie this way.

I am curious though, how is Mahouka supposed to "deconstruct" harems? To me this sounds like an excuse. You could play a harem straight, let a character say "Lol, this is like a harem" and they go all "Oh, but it is only implied XD". I don't mind spoilers.

About HxH (offtopic, so short): CA arc had lengths, but I really like the end. However, I don't think a gloomy ending is bad if it is well written, disliking something just because it is not ending the way I want it to is imho petty. I like Yorkshin and the Election arc the most, btw.
NidhoeggrApr 7, 2014 2:45 AM
Apr 7, 2014 2:42 AM
Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
miereneronaile said:
@Nidhoeggr

And we were always talking about the IMPLIED incest because we think it is not there for story purposes but to pander to otakus and people who like incest no matter how corny it is. And judging by some of the fans' favourites here it seems that is correct.

I can't speak for others, but the reason I love Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship is because I know their past.

Now, i can't expect new viewers to know that, and I don't. But I expect them to say "okay" when I say there's no incest, unless they have also read the LNs and have a decent understanding.
Apr 7, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
SodaPop65 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
miereneronaile said:
@Nidhoeggr

I can't speak for others, but the reason I love Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship is because I know their past.

Now, i can't expect new viewers to know that, and I don't. But I expect them to say "okay" when I say there's no incest, unless they have also read the LNs and have a decent understanding.

In the past a lot of hardcore LN fans also said that SAO had not a lot harem elements, Index would improve, etc.
Forgive me, but people have grown weary after all these statements that in the end turned out to be nothing but fanboy hype. The best service you could do for Mahouka is not be such adamant defenders for it because you set the bar very high this way. And believe me, this was the fall of many series.

Then again, this is a phenomenon I often observed when it came to series that had a very young fanbase: People identify way too much with it and make it part of their personaliyt. so much that every "attack" on it turns into a perceived personal attack in their eyes.
Just relax. it's just a LN/anime/manga/book, for Christ's sake.
Enjoyment and quality are not the same. I like many series I think are horrible. Daimidaler is a series I enjoy immensely this season and yet I will probably rate it 3/10 in the end. I don't want to cause a flamewar, i just want to discuss the merits of a series without people butting in everytime because they can't take criticism of their favourite show.
Apr 7, 2014 2:56 AM
May 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
miereneronaile said:
@Nidhoeggr

Except its not, they have pretty good reasons for being that close, and it is important to their interactions with the rest of the characters and therefor the story. Id offer you the actual material explaining it but chances are you will just ignore that as well, like you did last time someone linked you to the direct proof you were wrong and you cried about how 'maybe shes not reliable' instead of simply accepting it.

Seriously, the fact that you guys do not know this is fair enough. The fact that even after being told there are in fact reasons, there is in fact no incest(and not all of the talk, from you or others, has been only about implied incest thanks) you still persist in acting like you know why anything thats in it is in it after one episode is hilarious.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Hey, I gave this series a chance! I will watch at least the first five episodes and I read parts of the first novel.

The concept of a hater is pretty dumb in the first place to begin with.
If you drop something you don't like and give reasons you are a hater for not even watching all of it so you "couldn't get the full picture".
And if you watch/read it all and still dislike it... well, then you are just a no-life hater who shouldn't even be here because why did you even read/watch all of it if you "hate" it?
You artificially create a lose-lose situation for anyone who disagrees with the opinion of a hardcore minority, which enables you to disregard it simply because their opinion differs from your own.

It's a petty ad hominem argument for fanboys.

I called you a hater simply because you seem fixated on telling the world how crap this anime is, not because you're watching it even if you dislike it. I didn't even enjoy the first episode, in fact I found it average at best, but it's not like I go around the forum trying to find every opportunity to tell how mediocre it is.
Same for SodaPop65, he clearly loves Mahouka so much that I can see his bias from a mile away.
But hey, I'm not complaining. It's thanks to posts like yours that these discussions are so entertaining.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
@miereneronaile:
Then present me more. Surely you can show me this is not done to pander to a specific crowd, can you?

geralt said:

I called you a hater simply because you seem fixated on telling the world how crap this anime is, not because you're watching it even if you dislike it. I didn't even enjoy the first episode, in fact I found it average at best, but it's not like I go around the forum trying to find every opportunity to tell how mediocre it is.
Same for SodaPop65, he clearly loves Mahouka so much that I can see his bias from a mile away.
But hey, I'm not complaining. It's thanks to posts like yours that these discussions are so entertaining.

I am merely talking about the intention of the implied incest from the perspective of an outsider who is not overly familiar and up to date with the LN. This perspective seems to be dominating reviews. I am just trying to make a point that the writing here is very, VERY hard to refute because we have had a lot more examples in recent times that went with the same route.
And obviously I am fixated. I try to make a point that seems to dominate views but is very heavily refuted by people who like this show maybe a bit too much. You have to put some pressure up at times to get a discussion started. And a discussion is not hating or trolling. If that were the case we should just stop discussing at all.
NidhoeggrApr 7, 2014 3:07 AM
Apr 7, 2014 2:59 AM
Apr 2014
I'm fine with criticism.

I'm fine with reasonable intelligent conversation.

I dislike flamers and equalizers.

"What are equalizers?"

They're the people that walk into a thread and calmly and incessantly argue that nothing is okay except calm acceptance. You aren't allowed to fanboy. You aren't allowed to flame. Nothing but calm acceptance.

It makes things... boring. They're worse than flamers in a way, because they seem reasonable.

Then over time you realize they won't budge on anything, automatically assume they're right no matter what, and even when they're polite, have a semi-condescending tone.

I'd prefer a flamer that I can ignore to a equalizer that won't just leave things alone.
Apr 7, 2014 3:04 AM

Apr 2009
So basically having a normal discussion is boring because it is only arguments and no flaming and you are forced to emphasize with every other opinion? Lol, that is a sad view imho.

But sure, have it your way. I'd prefer to seperate the discusison of our enjoyment and the critical merits of this show. Or even better: Discuss both, but in a non-heated atmosphere.
NidhoeggrApr 7, 2014 3:14 AM
Apr 7, 2014 3:06 AM

Nov 2010
It was boring for me .. i don't get what's with all the hype.
i will check the couple more episode, maybe i change my mind.
Apr 7, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2010
I also noticed the name rhyming, until Erika pointed it out.

What flashy way of running xD Perfect MC huh, those kinds piss me off tbh, hopefully Tatsuya is good... And after finishing the episode, yup, he ain't gonna be my fav. I know he is a good character and why would people like him.

Whoa, I want that magic! You don't even have to change your clothes, just do magic and there, it's all clean. Weeds sure are treated as 'weed' like their name suggests.

So it's gonna be pretty interesting. 8/10
Apr 7, 2014 3:14 AM
Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
So basically having a normal discussion is boring because it is only arguments and no flaming and you are forced to emphasize with every other opinion? Lol, that is a sad view imho.

No, it's when someone comes in, says what they think (Even though there's a chance it's wrong) then defend it to -the death.-

And when someone tells them they're wrong, they calmly explain other patterns in past anime and why they MIGHT be right, therefore the other person is a fanboy and needs to stop talking.

It's aggravating because there are so many on MAL, they never back down, even when they don't know anything about the series in question. However, they've "been around for awhile," so they know more about the anime in question even though they know nothing about it. Highly annoying.
Apr 7, 2014 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
SodaPop65 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

No, it's when someone comes in, says what they think (Even though there's a chance it's wrong) then defend it to -the death.-

And when someone tells them they're wrong, they calmly explain other patterns in past anime and why they MIGHT be right, therefore the other person is a fanboy and needs to stop talking.

It's aggravating because there are so many on MAL, they never back down, even when they don't anything about the series in question. Highly annoying.

Well, but so far the evidence that it will be different is shaky as unreliable narrators, characters teasing with bro/siscon, etc. seem to make it pretty obvious. You just have to deal with it because this is what happens when series get more popular. The series' writing will show us the result of this discussion soon enough and if the common opinion is not the one of the fans, well.. that happens as well. You can still present evidence against it, though. Just do not expect a monolithic block of opinions.
Apr 7, 2014 3:49 AM

Sep 2013
That surprised me. I really liked this first episode. High frame animation, terrific sound quality and I can't wait to see the character development.
Apr 7, 2014 3:50 AM
May 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
@miereneronaile:
Then present me more. Surely you can show me this is not done to pander to a specific crowd, can you?

geralt said:

I am merely talking about the intention of the implied incest from the perspective of an outsider who is not overly familiar and up to date with the LN. This perspective seems to be dominating reviews. I am just trying to make a point that the writing here is very, VERY hard to refute because we have had a lot more examples in recent times that went with the same route.
And obviously I am fixated. I try to make a point that seems to dominate views but is very heavily refuted by people who like this show maybe a bit too much. You have to put some pressure up at times to get a discussion started. And a discussion is not hating or trolling. If that were the case we should just stop discussing at all.

I could show you that it has story purposes, and you claimed it does not.

Im not going to though, because you have already shown in these threads that you ignore any such evidence.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 7, 2014 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
It's hard to say anything about this episode. It was pretty much just all world setting, nothing actually happened. Although... if magic was commonplace and considered a technology, wouldn't that just make it stop being "magic" and become "science" instead?
Apr 7, 2014 3:59 AM

Jan 2014
What's with all the pointless debate about incest? Some people these days need someone spoonfeeding and spoiling them about what happened instead of watching by theirselves.

Anyway, it was an OK episode. It's only introduction, so I can't say much. The action was good and a plus to this anime. Also, a lot of popular voice actors voicing characters here. I was surprised hearing Nakamura Yuuichi, Hanazawa Kana, Hayami Saori, and Satou Satomi. Reminds me of OreImo.

I myself don't really care whether there will be incest or not. I bet, even if, hypothetically speaking, some day in the future it's proven that the imouto really has feeling for her brother, it doesn't really affect the story.
Apr 7, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
Calreth said:
It's hard to say anything about this episode. It was pretty much just all world setting, nothing actually happened. Although... if magic was commonplace and considered a technology, wouldn't that just make it stop being "magic" and become "science" instead?

Not everyone can use magic you know. As stated in the introduction, they're a rarity and every nation was competing to develop/train magicians since strong magicians are the only ones that can defend their country from each other since nuclear was prohibited.

They've only managed to incorporated elements from magic items such as magic sticks into electronic device called CAD which functions are similar as magic items. Despite this, there's still a lot to be known about magic as for why some people can use magic and others can't. Hence, for non-magicians, it's still called magic as they're not familiar with it just like how we're not familiar with magic in our world.

Lots of these may be expanded upon later or maybe not if they decided to skim through lots of info dumps , which I hope won't happen.

Apr 7, 2014 4:24 AM

Oct 2012
onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama onii-sama

boring 1st ep. will watch probably 2 more episodes before dropping if that imouto does not die within those 2 eps
Apr 7, 2014 4:27 AM

Dec 2012
I still don't know what this anime is about but I like Shibata.
allo
Apr 7, 2014 4:33 AM

Oct 2011
Standard introduction episode so I can't really say much yet. The premise seems promising from what I've heard and Madhouse clearly got their A-team to do this one. The fight scene was pretty good but it's got nothing on Gon vs Hisoka though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2GS-PRsNhI
Apr 7, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
lionheart04 said:
boring 1st ep. will watch probably 2 more episodes before dropping if that imouto does not die within those 2 eps

Drop it now if that really bothered you since in ep 2/3, there will be one of the most controversial things about this LN and believes me, there will be quite a shitstorm in here than the current one. Though I think you will be back either way in each episode discussion later saying similar things :)

Cheesekao said:
The fight scene was pretty good but it's got nothing on Gon vs Hisoka though.

Gon vs Hisoka was an actual fight while the fight scene in this episode wasn't really focused and detailed in the LN either. Heck, I didn't really remember that scene the first time watching it cause that's how insignificant it was in the LN. So, it's not really fair to compare both of them imo.
EasyGo-erApr 7, 2014 5:07 AM

Apr 7, 2014 5:21 AM
Apr 2014
Cheesekao said:
Standard introduction episode so I can't really say much yet. The premise seems promising from what I've heard and Madhouse clearly got their A-team to do this one. The fight scene was pretty good but it's got nothing on Gon vs Hisoka though.

The "fight" in this episode wasn't really a fight

There are some real fights that will be in this 26 episode season, but nothing will truly be amazing for awhile. Ya, there will be action, but you won't get your mind blown until later. (Mahouka is less about pew pew pew action and more about the situation, characters, etc)

And Gon v Hisoka, is that even a fair comparison? So few fights could top that, and I can't think of any off the top of my head. (God I loved that arc in HunterxHunter)
Apr 7, 2014 5:27 AM
Aug 2012
SodaPop65 said:
Cheesekao said:

There are some real fights that will be in this 26 episode season, but nothing will truly be amazing for awhile. Ya, there will be action, but you won't get your mind blown until later. (Mahouka is less about pew pew pew action and more about the situation, characters, etc)

And Gon v Hisoka, is that even a fair comparison? So few fights could top that, and I can't think of any off the top of my head. (God I loved that arc in HunterxHunter)[want /quote]

Come on man, it was a normal reaction. The 2nd episode and especially the end of volume 1 may change the opinion of a lot of viewers. Besides some people just want to see epic fights or whole story in 1 episode i.e they lack patience so give them a bit of time.

Apr 7, 2014 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
SodaPop65 said:
Cheesekao said:

And Gon v Hisoka, is that even a fair comparison? So few fights could top that, and I can't think of any off the top of my head. (God I loved that arc in HunterxHunter)
Apr 7, 2014 6:06 AM
Apr 2014
Oh I wasn't criticizing him at all

I actually loved the Tats/Yakumo fight scene, really well done. Just by seeing that I realized that this anime would be amazing. They've proven they can do the animations, now all they have to do is sit their asses on the rails the author gave them and rake in the cash.
Apr 7, 2014 6:11 AM

Oct 2011
EasyGo-er said:

Gon vs Hisoka was an actual fight while the fight scene in this episode wasn't really focused and detailed in the LN either. Heck, I didn't really remember that scene the first time watching it cause that's how insignificant it was in the LN. So, it's not really fair to compare both of them imo.

SodaPop65 said:

So they spent a good chunk of their episode budget on something insignificant rather than use it somewhere else? Madhouse what are you doing!

Jokes aside, it's been a while since I've seen a well animated good-ol hand-to-hand combat scene and I can't help but compare it to others and the first thing(the only thing really) that pooped into my head was Gon Vs Hisoka. It was just a comparison for comparison's sake. I wasn't trying to start anything really.
Apr 7, 2014 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
Dull first episode. The hype probably made the disappointment greater for me. Darn my expectations.

Miyuki annoys me. .---.

Oh well. Hopefully, the next few episodes would better interest me.
Apr 7, 2014 6:23 AM
Apr 2014
Cheesekao said:

Jokes aside, it's been a while since I've seen a well animated good-ol hand-to-hand combat scene and I can't help but compare it to others and the first thing(the only thing really) that pooped into my head was Gon Vs Hisoka. It was just a comparison for comparison's sake. I wasn't trying to start anything really.

I've been racking my brain for ages now trying to think of other amazing hand to hand fights in anime.

I'm taking all of HunterxHunter off the table since we already have one from it.

Gah this is harder than I thought it'd be.
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 21, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.