Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2016 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
RainyRai said:

K.
>it's his ability that he can't control correctly
The reason for why we don't know why the time travel works makes sense, but the usage of the time travel does not make it okay. The time travel is used as plot convenience the entire story by the author, as he just makes the MC go back and forth in time whenever he wishes
>she was designed mature for her age
She and Kenya are both automatically able to break down the MC's character when they first meet. That's more then mature for her age.
>no one was moved
The characters weren't moved, but the scene still existed to give the mother a reason to hit Kayo instead of having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain, and it wasn't a good reason.
>kids like that get bullied
But the only reason it exists in the story is to make you feel bad for the little girl.
>she's only introverted
No, she goes from mature for her age child that is changed because of parental abuse to regular introverted little girl that was a victim of parental abuse
>his job and such point
I didn't say he had to have a well-paid job to act deep, that's just how his character ended up. The reason is, he has no reason to be deep because the only important things that happened in his life were Yuuki's advice to get friends, Yuuki's framing which he entirely forgets for years, and then eventually the revival ability.
>the next point
The problem is, it's not that he has the memories of the past, he is literally himself but inside the body of his child self. Sure, there's the whole body reactions, but he has mental reactions such as saying his mother was in the way when he, mom, and Kayo were sleeping in the sleeping bag(and he also does his whole saying shit out loud gig in the future).
>the monolouge
Yes, he was explaining his plans, and how the MC fucked his plans, and then he started saying how he tricked the MC by making a new plan against the MC.

The part about him being composed: In every instance before he was revealed, he was cool, calculating, always one step ahead of MC. In his reveal, he doesn't act like that at all.
>the sounds
It's really that the OST was never noticeable at all in the show, and the actual sound effects were eh(also I kind of hate a certain sound effect that's being used a lot in this show and a lot of other shows lately.)

The time travel is used as plot convenience the entire story by the author, as he just makes the MC go back and forth in time whenever he wishes
He travelled in time 3 times in total right (I mean the major ones)?
-First time he wanted to move as far in the past as possible (I don't think there are any objections on this one)
-Second time was fast-forward to the present, where he appeared around the time first transferred (and he wasn't immediately caught by the police because presumably he anticipated this situation from previous experience)
-Third time he transferred back in time, because he spotted a killer and desperately wanted to go back again, which is a trigger (and now he knew what time he want to go back the most)
If you look at it like that (connecting desire to go back and travelling in time), then all 3 transfers worked because of their initial design, and not because it was convenient.
She and Kenya are both automatically able to break down the MC's character when they first meet. That's more then mature for her age.
Well, I may contradict myself a little, but I'd still call Hinazuki pretty childish even if she was designed more-or-less mature. If you look at her actions, she didn't make any decisions herself nor she ever said something deep. So you can say, she unintentionally behaved like an adult, being a child inside.
Kenya is just perceptive and clever for his age, he wasn't very mature imo.
but the scene still existed to give the mother a reason to hit Kayo instead of having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain, and it wasn't a good reason.
You lost me there, what does "having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain" even mean?
But the only reason it exists in the story is to make you feel bad for the little girl.
If she wasn't bullied and had a normal school life, there'd be a great chance that she would not have become a victim in the first place. She was an easy target because she didn't have any friends.
mature for her age because of parental abuse -> regular introverted little girl that was a victim of parental abuse
Em.. People change when they begin to have friends, especially the lonely introverted kids. I don't see what's wrong here...
[b]MC deepness [/s]
You don't need to have a harsh or any kind of life to be deep... And he's an introvert, so again, you most likely won't get it.
Body transfer
Again, why don't you try imagining that he became a boy again literally, but has memories from the future. Then there wouldn't be any weirdness in his actions. Besides, MC's actions and the way of thinking can be considered childish, and that'd only prove my theory to be the correct one.
The part about him being composed: In every instance before he was revealed, he was cool, calculating, always one step ahead of MC. In his reveal, he doesn't act like that at all.
Yeah, because he seemed like that, but he wasn't in reality. And you found it out only when you actually meat this side of his (that's what hapenned in this episode)... I cool, calculating person wouldn't kick the box in the bus btw. And in general, I don't get it, why do you want a maniac who slaughters young girls to be composed and calculating, like he's a completely sane person?
Mar 11, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2015
Mr_Shnb said:
KorNk said:

Ahahaha, sorry I snapped and made an "as detailed as I could" answer xD
It doen't feel like a 12-year-old btw, more like a person who watched too much action anime, to the point that he can't read the characters...

If you can't comprehend that people have a different taste/opinion than you, and Claiming that "modern anime community" is shit because some people like a certain anime + getting butthurt and giving the anime a 2/10 because you want to lower the score of the show and that you hate that it's popular and saying that you can't wait for this anime to end so you can tell people how shitty it is

all of that Sounds like a 12 year old mentality to me.

Lol, he actually gave "High School Of The Dead" a 10 10 ffs!!
if you don't know here is a small gif of it

Now he's saying something about plot in Erased...
Yeah, I'm done here xD
Mar 11, 2016 6:07 PM

Dec 2015
Ok, Episode adaptated well ( I have read the manga). The stuff they skipped is nonsense and was unecessary to drive the plot forward.

The next episode is what the title of the show actually is. The town without me (this is not Kayo's interpretation of it, but what will happen in the next 2 episodes you will understand how it refers to the MC).

One thing I am mad about is that they left the killers background and motive out. The whole story about his hamster spice. It was actually very dark, sadistice, and interesting to say the least. I think they may do an OVA on it as there is already a LN I believe that will be released on it.

Even with the things they cut out of from this episode, they did a perfect job from what little time they have and it worked. Good job A-1, I doubted you. Now 2 more episodes to go, DO NOT let me down on the rest of the adaptation.

4/5
Mar 11, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2015
KorNk said:
RainyRai said:

K.
>it's his ability that he can't control correctly
The reason for why we don't know why the time travel works makes sense, but the usage of the time travel does not make it okay. The time travel is used as plot convenience the entire story by the author, as he just makes the MC go back and forth in time whenever he wishes
>she was designed mature for her age
>no one was moved
The characters weren't moved, but the scene still existed to give the mother a reason to hit Kayo instead of having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain, and it wasn't a good reason.
>kids like that get bullied
>she's only introverted
No, she goes from mature for her age child that is changed because of parental abuse to regular introverted little girl that was a victim of parental abuse
>his job and such point
I didn't say he had to have a well-paid job to act deep, that's just how his character ended up. The reason is, he has no reason to be deep because the only important things that happened in his life were Yuuki's advice to get friends, Yuuki's framing which he entirely forgets for years, and then eventually the revival ability.
>the next point
The problem is, it's not that he has the memories of the past, he is literally himself but inside the body of his child self. Sure, there's the whole body reactions, but he has mental reactions such as saying his mother was in the way when he, mom, and Kayo were sleeping in the sleeping bag(and he also does his whole saying shit out loud gig in the future).
>the monolouge
Yes, he was explaining his plans, and how the MC fucked his plans, and then he started saying how he tricked the MC by making a new plan against the MC.

>the sounds
It's really that the OST was never noticeable at all in the show, and the actual sound effects were eh(also I kind of hate a certain sound effect that's being used a lot in this show and a lot of other shows lately.)

The time travel is used as plot convenience the entire story by the author, as he just makes the MC go back and forth in time whenever he wishes
-First time he wanted to move as far in the past as possible (I don't think there are any objections on this one)
-Second time was fast-forward to the present, where he appeared around the time first transferred (and he wasn't immediately caught by the police because presumably he anticipated this situation from previous experience)
-Third time he transferred back in time, because he spotted a killer and desperately wanted to go back again, which is a trigger (and now he knew what time he want to go back the most)
If you look at it like that (connecting desire to go back and travelling in time), then all 3 transfers worked because of their initial design, and not because it was convenient.
Well, I may contradict myself a little, but I'd still call Hinazuki pretty childish even if she was designed more-or-less mature. If you look at her actions, she didn't make any decisions herself nor she ever said something deep. So you can say, she unintentionally behaved like an adult, being a child inside.
but the scene still existed to give the mother a reason to hit Kayo instead of having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain, and it wasn't a good reason.
You lost me there, what does "having her be entirely one dimensional evil villain" even mean?
If she wasn't bullied and had a normal school life, there'd be a great chance that she would not have become a victim in the first place. She was an easy target because she didn't have any friends.
mature for her age because of parental abuse -> regular introverted little girl that was a victim of parental abuse
Em.. People change when they begin to have friends, especially the lonely introverted kids. I don't see what's wrong here...
[b]MC deepness [/s]
You don't need to have a harsh or any kind of life to be deep... And he's an introvert, so again, you most likely won't get it.
Body transfer
Again, why don't you try imagining that he became a boy again literally, but has memories from the future. Then there wouldn't be any weirdness in his actions. Besides, MC's actions and the way of thinking can be considered childish, and that'd only prove my theory to be the correct one.
Yeah, because he seemed like that, but he wasn't in reality. And you found it out only when you actually meat this side of his (that's what hapenned in this episode)... I cool, calculating person wouldn't kick the box in the bus btw. And in general, I don't get it, why do you want a maniac who slaughters young girls to be composed and calculating, like he's a completely sane person?

>time travel
He did not want to go back as far as possible the first time he revived majorly, which is why he was confused as to why he is now suddenly 20 years in the past

The second time he revived, he was still in the same timeline and the only difference was that Kayo was stated to be dead in her case and not missing. This is also the first time the MC has ever moved forward in time before.

The last revive he basically used emotion bs to make himself go back to the past, whether that's good or not is up to you.

>next point

So Hinazuki was designed to act mature for her age but she doesn't because bad writing and Kenya is just a really smart kid(I can buy that though based on mildy important manga spoilers.)

>next point
It means she was a cunt and beat up Kayo and was evil for no reason other then the victimization for Kayo. The author felt he had to give an explanation, so he gave a shitty one and he probably realized it sucked but he couldn't take it out so he just said that everyone thought it was shit.

At least that's what I hope.

>next point

The killers targets Hiromi too, who's not only male, but hangs out with his friends all the time. He's not an easy target. You also don't have to make a little girl bullied and abused at home to make her introverted.

>next point
They change, but she loses her entire first personality after MC sweet-talks her.

>next point

But MC does not have any actual reason to be deep. Being introverted does not make you suddenly deep.

>next point
Except that's not what happens, if he became a boy with memories from the future, he would be a boy that somehow remembers all this stuff. What happened is that his adult brain, thinking process, memories, everything, all of it is now inside a child. There is no evidence that the child part of him still exists to mess with how he does things. His actions are just as childish in the future aswell.
>the killer again

>a cool calculating person wouldn't kick the box

Another problem.

The show very clearly portrays him as being very clever, since he manages to always get ahead of everyone(killing Kayo in the first revival when Satoru thought he succeeded, trapping Airi in the burning house and appearing right there, killing the mother after she notices him.)

There was no reason for his sudden character change to a crazy serial killer.

There are also plenty of people who do crazy shit but still act composed and calculating. Composed and calculating /=/ sane

Another problem I have that someone in another thread brought up:

When Satoru was solving his mystery his priorities should have been
1. Saving his mother
2. Saving Yuuki
3. Saving Hiromi
4. Saving Kayo/Aya/other possible victims

Yet Kayo somehow usurps even his mother to become Satoru's main priority to save.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 11, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I know making the teacher obviously the kidnapper was to try and divert attentions from him being the obvious suspect (because someone really can't be that obviously evil, right)? Except he was anyway. I'm not surprised.

Given the fact that I had the displeasure of stumbling upon spoilers in advance, but he was always a little TOO nice and coincidentally popping up during pretty much every one of Satoru's protective efforts.

Teacher's expressions this episode were kind of horrific. When a fairly handsome face completely twists unexpectedly to a rather demented slasher smirk, it's pretty offputting.
removed-userMar 11, 2016 6:25 PM
Mar 11, 2016 6:22 PM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
KorNk said:

[b]MC deepness [/s]
Body transfer

>time travel
He did not want to go back as far as possible the first time he revived majorly, which is why he was confused as to why he is now suddenly 20 years in the past

The second time he revived, he was still in the same timeline and the only difference was that Kayo was stated to be dead in her case and not missing. This is also the first time the MC has ever moved forward in time before.

The last revive he basically used emotion bs to make himself go back to the past, whether that's good or not is up to you.

>next point

So Hinazuki was designed to act mature for her age but she doesn't because bad writing and Kenya is just a really smart kid(I can buy that though based on mildy important manga spoilers.)

>next point
It means she was a cunt and beat up Kayo and was evil for no reason other then the victimization for Kayo. The author felt he had to give an explanation, so he gave a shitty one and he probably realized it sucked but he couldn't take it out so he just said that everyone thought it was shit.

>next point

The killers targets Hiromi too, who's not only male, but hangs out with his friends all the time. He's not an easy target. You also don't have to make a little girl bullied and abused at home to make her introverted.

>next point
They change, but she loses her entire first personality after MC sweet-talks her.

>next point

But MC does not have any actual reason to be deep. Being introverted does not make you suddenly deep.

>next point
Except that's not what happens, if he became a boy with memories from the future, he would be a boy that somehow remembers all this stuff. What happened is that his adult brain, thinking process, memories, everything, all of it is now inside a child. There is no evidence that the child part of him still exists to mess with how he does things. His actions are just as childish in the future aswell.
>the killer again

Another problem.

The show very clearly portrays him as being very clever, since he manages to always get ahead of everyone(killing Kayo in the first revival when Satoru thought he succeeded, trapping Airi in the burning house and appearing right there, killing the mother after she notices him.)

There are also plenty of people who do crazy shit but still act composed and calculating. Composed and calculating /=/ sane

1. Saving his mother
2. Saving Yuuki
3. Saving Hiromi

Yet Kayo somehow usurps even his mother to become Satoru's main priority to save.

The reason why Satoru focuses on Kayo most is because he thinks she is the lead chain in the events among the murders and eventually his mother's murder. He soon realizes that it doesn't matter, these events will transpire not matter what which is why he must save Kayo and the rest in the right order otherwise the killers' murders will become unpredictable thus defeating the purpose of saving people and finding out who it is so his mom doesn't die in the present timeline.

All I know id that they better show his backstory of Yashirro next episode AND they need to do the next are right. There will be lots of salty people in the next arc regarding the after effect reveals especially with Kayo.
Mar 11, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2015
KorNk said:
Mr_Shnb said:

If you can't comprehend that people have a different taste/opinion than you, and Claiming that "modern anime community" is shit because some people like a certain anime + getting butthurt and giving the anime a 2/10 because you want to lower the score of the show and that you hate that it's popular and saying that you can't wait for this anime to end so you can tell people how shitty it is

Lol, he actually gave "High School Of The Dead" a 10 10 ffs!!
if you don't know here is a small gif of it

Now he's saying something about plot in Erased...
Yeah, I'm done here xD

I 100% did not give HOTD because it is one of the best ecchi anime for the entertainment factor. No, I 100% gave it a 10 because it has the deepest plot and narrative I've ever seen.

This is why I also dropped Rail Wars, not because it's one of the worst ecchi anime I've ever seen in pure ecchi factor, but because it's plot and characters suck.

I am so sorry that I don't treat every show the exact same when giving them ratings, instead focusing on what the show actually tries to do. If you want I can give ERASED a 1 for having no ecchi but it's not an ecchi show so that doesn't matter.
Mr_Shnb said:
KorNk said:

Ahahaha, sorry I snapped and made an "as detailed as I could" answer xD
It doen't feel like a 12-year-old btw, more like a person who watched too much action anime, to the point that he can't read the characters...

>I can't comprehend someone has different opinon

I can comprehend different opinion's fine. The problem is when those opinion's are backed up by wrong facts. If someone says FMA 2003 is shit because they thought the ending ruined everything, I wouldn't disagree, because the ending did significantly drop off in terms of CoS

You were also pretty quick to say that I was simply trying to edgy by having the opinion of not liking ERASED.

>claiming modern anime community is shit
Good job, you fell for the bait.
>giving it a 2/10 to lower the score

I literally give everything that I think is bad a 2/10, ERASED is not an exception. If I was butthurt I would have given it a 1/10 but that would break my rule of what gets a 1/10.

>I hate it because it's popular

I hate it because it's shit, I have to be more vocal about my hate because people aren't convinced it's shit or tells me it's good because of the reasons it's shit.

>I can't wait for it to end so I can tell people it's shit

I didn't say that, I can't wait for it to end because the massive salt overload and then everyone will call it shit, so I can say that I was fucking right all along.

Good job dude, you have taught me that I'm 12 because I don't like a show you like.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 11, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2015
Cejara said:
RainyRai said:

>time travel

>next point

>next point

>next point

>next point

>next point

>next point
>the killer again

Another problem.

1. Saving his mother
2. Saving Yuuki
3. Saving Hiromi

The reason why Satoru focuses on Kayo most is because he thinks she is the lead chain in the events among the murders and eventually his mother's murder. He soon realizes that it doesn't matter, these events will transpire not matter what which is why he must save Kayo and the rest in the right order otherwise the killers' murders will become unpredictable thus defeating the purpose of saving people and finding out who it is so his mom doesn't die in the present timeline.

All I know id that they better show his backstory of Yashirro next episode AND they need to do the next are right. There will be lots of salty people in the next arc regarding the after effect reveals especially with Kayo.

The problem is it goes from "let's save this victim so I can go save the rest so my mom will live and my friend will not be in prison" to "let's literally spend all me energy on saving this girl, other shit can be dealt with later."

The show has a much bigger focus on Kayo's arc then any of the other characters.
Mar 11, 2016 6:34 PM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
Cejara said:

The problem is it goes from "let's save this victim so I can go save the rest so my mom will live and my friend will not be in prison" to "let's literally spend all me energy on saving this girl, other shit can be dealt with later."

The show has a much bigger focus on Kayo's arc then any of the other characters.

More time is fleshed out saving the other victims in the manga, but the time constraints in the anime did not allow this. Hiromii is automatically saved once Satoru prevents the killing of the girls, since Hirrromi was only an excuse to be killed as a false lead. The whole Aya arc was rushed, but the way it was resolved, didn't require that much time to solve, since she "gets a boyfriend (one of satoru's friends), so she spends time with her boyfriend thus making her safe. This in turn makes Hiromi's murder pointless to the killer, since he was only being used as a mislead to throw off the trail of the cops, since he was a lead suspect. The very last girl was a trap set by Yashiro to see if he was being followed by Satoru, but if he wasn't then she would have been the next victim.

Edit: Sorry had to completely re-edit this. I was so tired when I wrote this that it didn't even make sense.
CejaraMar 12, 2016 8:57 AM
Mar 11, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2015
Any1 else guess it was the teacher from the first (or I think he was introduced in the second) episode just because if the eyes? (it shows the guys eyes after killing satoru's mother)
Mar 11, 2016 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Now Satoru! Summon the convenient revival thing so that way you won't die and we can advance the plot!

I'll be impressed if he dies though.
Mar 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Feb 2016
>Hey look at my face. creepy right? that's right i'm a villain
>Hey let's me tell you my plan satoru.. why? 'cause fuck the reason, i'm a third rate murderer i dont need reason. and you're dumb, you wouldn't know unless i tell you.

topkek best episode.
Mar 11, 2016 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
I always knew it was that jerk!!!
There are 2 episodes left, this show needs to pull its shit together!
Mar 11, 2016 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
Shitest episode of the anime... And a anime that was a great start, ends with a great deception.
Such bad execution.
Mar 11, 2016 7:09 PM

Apr 2015

*sigh*

Here for the reruns (from manga):

I hope now you'll agree with me.
Second rerun was more like a return to present than going forward. Still, it wasn't made for plot reasons (-_-)

So Hinazuki was designed to act mature for her age but she doesn't
That's entirely your opinion, and I believe I already told you how I see her.

The author felt he had to give an explanation, so he gave a shitty one
Back to good old valid arguments I see?
It really feels like you don't know much about poverty, child abuse and stuff like that. You are either an aristocrat who never had anything to do with it, or just a 12-year-old lad wearing pink glasses.

The killers targets Hiromi too, who's not only male, but hangs out with his friends all the time
However, he still wan't targeted after Hinazuki was saved, right?

I'll leave Hinazuki's personality, because you don't seem to get it too because of the reason I mentioned above

MC does not have any actual reason to be deep
You don't need a reason to be deep...
Being introverted increases your chance to be deep

his adult brain, thinking process, everythin
If you think about it, all that your brain has been developing for all these years resets, and now you have a brain of a child. I wouldn't be surprised if he even was to lose his future memories.
There is no evidence that the child part of him still exists to mess with how he does things.
There is no evidence in the reverse as well, you see...

The show very clearly portrays him as being very clever , since he manages to always get ahead of everyone(killing Kayo in the first revival when Satoru thought he succeeded, trapping Airi in the burning house and appearing right there, killing the mother after she notices him.) There was no reason for his sudden character change to a crazy serial killer.
Dude I get it, I are just disappointed that the character didn't turn out like you wanted him to be, I get it...
I have no idea why do you call him a crazy serial killer btw. He didn't do any actions like licking his lips or laughing for no reason. He was just smiling, because he won... There is not much deviation from what you thought of him as far as I can tell. If you ask me an overly composed girl killer sounds like bs to me. Maybe it's that reason that I mentioned before again...

First, why should have they been like that? Because you want it?
Second, if you don't understand why Kayo became his main priority, you didn't get the anime at all...
Mar 11, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Screw30CharRule said:
Show is quite trash honestly.

Yes. And it can be worse with people hyping an average anime to masterpiece.
Mar 11, 2016 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
Satoru not suspecting the teacher to be the culprit is understandable since his mother was also a suspect. it didn't shock me as much as actually killing Satoru.

but why would he kill those children.. and the culprit mistaking Hiromi for a girl is not there ... aaaah so many questions in my head ... I cant wait for next week's ep....
Mar 11, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2015
Dammit, I knew something bad is going to happen to Satoru from the moment Yashiro clicked on Satoru's seatbelt. But it was pretty obvious honestly that Yashiro is the killer and the scene starting from Yashiro smiling was really creepy

And fuck that ending, I had enough of the cliffhangers from this anime. I want the next episode NOW
Mar 11, 2016 7:29 PM
Sep 2015
can anyone change Satoru's profile picture. The child version mostly the one acting in this series than the old one. And it's cuter to put on our profile. lmao.
Mar 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
And what about that list? GODDAMIT!!
A list with Jun Shiratori(which the show said he was innocent), his dad, Kawada with his 30 seconds scene. His own mother(of course because she probably cut herself in the back with a knife!!) And lots of impossible characters to be.

Which points again to the professor.
Mar 11, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
GHmimi said:
but why would he kill those children.. and the culprit mistaking Hiromi for a girl is not there ... aaaah so many questions in my head ... I cant wait for next week's ep....

Because he's bad. Like Majin Boo.
Mar 11, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2015
KorNk said:

*sigh*

Second rerun was more like a return to present than going forward. Still, it wasn't made for plot reasons (-_-)

It really feels like you don't know much about poverty, child abuse and stuff like that. You are either an aristocrat who never had anything to do with it, or just a 12-year-old lad wearing pink glasses.

The killers targets Hiromi too, who's not only male, but hangs out with his friends all the time

I'll leave Hinazuki's personality, because you don't seem to get it too because of the reason I mentioned above

If you think about it, all that your brain has been developing for all these years resets, and now you have a brain of a child. I wouldn't be surprised if he even was to lose his future memories.
There is no evidence that the child part of him still exists to mess with how he does things.

The show very clearly portrays him as being very clever , since he manages to always get ahead of everyone(killing Kayo in the first revival when Satoru thought he succeeded, trapping Airi in the burning house and appearing right there, killing the mother after she notices him.) There was no reason for his sudden character change to a crazy serial killer.
Dude I get it, I are just disappointed that the character didn't turn out like you wanted him to be, I get it...
I have no idea why do you call him a crazy serial killer btw. He didn't do any actions like licking his lips or laughing for no reason. He was just smiling, because he won... There is not much deviation from what you thought of him as far as I can tell. If you ask me an overly composed girl killer sounds like bs to me. Maybe it's that reason that I mentioned before again...

Second, if you don't understand why Kayo became his main priority, you didn't get the anime at all...

>revival
This is a discussion about the anime, not the manga. While in the manga Satoru might have forced a Revival, he didn't do it in the anime.

It's still plot convenience. Author can make Satoru leap in time whenever he wants to continue the plot.
>hinazuki's maturity
I guess we're at a stalemate on this
>it seems you don't know much about poverty etc
Okay I already said why I thought it was shit previously so there's no reason for me to say it again in the previous point and now, and now it sounds like you're defending the shitty excuse yourself. Good job on also adding in insults for no reason, since the only thing I've insulted is the show
>hiromi and hinzauki's personality
Hiromi wasn't targeted because Satoru started hanging out with him a lot more. Also if a child was changed because she was abused and started acting real distant, they typically would not suddenly stop being crazy wise and just become regular introverted after another kid takes her to see a Christmas tree.
>You don't need a reason to be deep
So I can suddenly be this very deep and wise guy and have absolutely no reason for why I am this why, I just woke up and I was?
If you have some legitimate proof that being introverted makes you have a higher chance at being deeper I'd be glad to look at it.
>his brain
He does not have a child brain. He is literally the same as an adult, but with a child's body.
>there's no evidence for either
So both of us can agree it's a moot point now
>teacher again
He goes from silent guy ahead of everyone else
To guy who kind of snaps while he's younger
When he is in the future he also has much more experience doing this stuff
He snapped because he failed.

His hateboner for future Satoru is also not explained.
>his priorities
His priorietes should have been that because he had a fucking emotional connection with the characters over Kayo. His mom is literally his fucking mom, the reason he did this, Yuuki gave him the inspiration to have friends, and Hiromi was one of his childhood friends.
Kayo was first a priority to save Yuuki/Mom but his goal quickly changed just to help her instead.
Mar 11, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
Although it's a bit rushed and felt kinda weird, I still love the first half. Kenya become panicked after that Shakespeare reveal is gold, and Satoru snapped about her statement of heroes is amusing XD Kazu and Aya look so cute together, them being suddenly together is a bit surprising for me and kinda come out of nowhere but they're just a literal brat after all so....

About the culprit reveal, I've disregard BDGIM mystery genre since like the 2nd ep already so the scene didn't disappoint me that much. I do admit that this anime shouldn't be tagged as mystery to begin with, it's more like psychological-thriller anyway. A few people have mentioned already so I'm totally curious about Yashiro's background now, hope they'll do it right next week!
Mar 11, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
I really need to make myself some popcorn before I keep coming back to visit this thread. It's entertaining. Can't get enough of it.
Mar 11, 2016 9:06 PM
Dec 2015
JESUS CHRIST!!!! Tbh I really did not see the teacher being the killer. Usually there's a huge twist in a show (especially a mystery you would think) and they laid down so many hints throughout the season (as early as the 3rd episode!) that I thought it couldn't be! But it was.... and maybe by being so obvious and trying to throw us off, the creators of ERASED fooled us! I mean seriously, that is pretty smart, to make it so damn obvious that by the time they actually reveal the culprit it's still like WTF! While I don't think it was best to have the teacher be the killer (I shipped him and Satoru's mom lol) it still does not diminish the show. Especially since we only have two more episodes I don't think they could have really introduced anyone new anyways. IF ONLY THE SHOW COULD BE 20+ EPISODES!!! Overall I was not disappointed, as I never am with Boku Dake :)
Mar 11, 2016 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
A-list_96 said:
Kittens-kun said:
So it being easy to figure out makes it bad in your opinion?

Yes, kills the tension. Predictability is never a good thing in a show or movie that is entirely about the grand reveal.

FTFY #30characterstupidweiners
Mar 11, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
trillshit said:

im assuming we wont be getting a 2nd season?

for those who havent read the manga -- it's far from over.

No need to assume, it was announced even before it started.
They said they would fit the manga conclusion in. For that to be possible, they will have to discard a lot since there are more than one and a half manga tomes to adapt: I fear they will get rid of the teacher's backstory (or reduce it to a few fixed images) in order to keep what is important for the characters.

crimson915 said:

Are you talking about the article on ANN? That was sponsored content, so that could explain why it was praising every little detail about the anime.

Thank you for the info.
Mar 11, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2008
It's interesting how people judge a show based on how predictable it was. Predictability honestly doesn't matter to me. Looking forward to what happens next.
Mar 11, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2013
The whole mystery-detective aspect of this show went down the drain.
Mar 11, 2016 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
This has to be the most conversation I've seen about a show so quickly in a while!

The tapping on the wheel of the car. The gloves. The jacket. All of the moments put together. It really was the obvious answer. It almost disappoints me a little, but Yashiro-sensei also did a great job at misdirecting the suspicion each time he was pretty much caught red-handed. The fact that Satoru grew to respect him so much is what really destroyed Satoru. It’s what really beat him. There are so many parallels between their characters as well. The discussion about using Misato as bait was perfectly mirrored between the two of them – showing how alike they really are. I think I'm fine with this being the result. But where is it going in the future? I bet Yashiro saves Satoru from the car after hearing such an interesting claim.

Love in the face of fear.
Mar 11, 2016 11:01 PM
Mar 2012
I think there's something people aren't mentioning... the teacher's plan was fucking STUPID. Think about it... how the hell did he actually time everything to match up perfectly? He puts laxatives in a girl's drink, who happens to go to the bathroom in the same time span that the teacher orders a delivery. The only reason this even worked is because Satoru hid around the corner so he wouldn't see Aya leave the bathroom. Everything is just timed up so perfectly. This shouldn't be fucking possible. And then they happen to go outside at the perfect time to see the delivery car leaving. Anything, literally anything could've thrown off the timing of this by a few seconds and it would've ruined the teacher's plan. He also had to assume Satoru would think "oh, Aya got into that car" and then would further go on to say "Hey, I trust my teacher enough to ask him to get in a car and drive after him" which is doubly strange considering how cautious he has been this entire time.

Fuck how obvious the teacher is. What the fuck was up with that bullshit writing?

Lesser annoying things: Satoru can't get out of a seatbelt? A Basketball can weigh down a gas pedal?

Hey, the reveal was dumb, but it was far from the dumbest thing in this episode.
Mar 11, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2015
Not bad, this episode had redeeming qualities.

That awkward scene between ayo, satoru and Kenya was kawaii and saving the remaining two characters was tied off well.

Indeed the entire episode was rushed as usual but the pace was complemented well with the final scene. Unfortunately Satoru's tendency to act alone was once again his downfall :-\
~
Mar 11, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2015
This was so obvious, I have the impression the anime is taking us for retard people.

Guhh, this shit keep digging deeper and deeper in the hole of mediocrity.
Mar 11, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2014
All along, I kept thinking to my self... It can't be the teacher it just can't, it was so obvious and clichéd that I just couldn't help but believe he wasnt.... but yeah... Haha
Mar 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
As far as a mystery goes, this anime fails pretty hard. I had my hopes that the obvious flags that were being raised for the teacher to throw us off, but that wasn't the case. It wouldn't be as frustrating if Satoru wasn't made to be a dumbass. I mean, he saw the girl going into the washroom, yet he just forgets that and trusts the teacher that she went outside, even though there was no way she could have gone outside without Satoru noticing her? That's bullshit if I've ever seen it.

We didn't even get an intriguing reason for why the teacher was the villain. He just gets off on it, or he likes the challenge? This episode is one of the most important episodes for the series, with it basically being the climax, and it fails at being suspenseful or interesting because of increasingly obvious symbolism and dialogue pointing towards the teacher being the culprit.

Honestly, this show isn't all that interesting when it isn't focusing on Kayo. I mean, the first half of this episode was cute and all, but it had nowhere near the emotion that the stuff with Kayo had. She was the most interesting character in the series, and now that she isn't the focus (at least right now anyways), we are left with this mystery that is almost pointless because of it's shitty execution.
Mar 12, 2016 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Hmmmmm

I don't know how to feel. The teacher was kind of the only person who /could/ be the killer, but I was hoping the reveal would at least be more exciting? I agree with everyone who said how ridiculous the teacher's plan was to catch Satoru, haha.

Wondering how it will all end now, I guess.
Mar 12, 2016 12:45 AM

Jun 2015
Taking care of Aya was surprisingly easy lol.
I bet there's NOOOOOOOOOO way Satoru is getting out of that car alive.
Mar 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
Cloudyanime said:

Love in the face of fear.

Someone please remind me which chapter in the manga this scene was from?
I feel like going back to re-read Aya's arc.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 12, 2016 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
it was obvious it was the teacher ho did it the real questions are how and why
Mar 12, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
xSkipi said:
AAAH It was too obvious ... but it was him ...
Wtf no cliffhanger !?

no cliffhanger? it was like the other episode where the other girl lost consciousness inside a burning house. we dont know if the character will be saved or die. or most probably in this case since satoru is the main character, how will he be saved and by whom?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Mar 12, 2016 2:31 AM

Jun 2015
Another rushed and somewhat boring episode. At this point I really don't care any more, thankfully there's only 2 episodes left, and I doubt they'll fix all the problems.
3/5
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Mar 12, 2016 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
y[quote=Badalight message=45142334]I think there's something people aren't mentioning... the teacher's plan was fucking STUPID. Think about it... how the hell did he actually time everything to match up perfectly? He puts laxatives in a girl's drink, who happens to go to the bathroom in the same time span that the teacher orders a delivery. The only reason this even worked is because Satoru hid around the corner so he wouldn't see Aya leave the bathroom. Everything is just timed up so perfectly. This shouldn't be fucking possible. And then they happen to go outside at the perfect time to see the delivery car leaving. Anything, literally anything could've thrown off the timing of this by a few seconds and it would've ruined the teacher's plan. He also had to assume Satoru would think "oh, Aya got into that car" and then would further go on to say "Hey, I trust my teacher enough to ask him to get in a car and drive after him" which is doubly strange considering how cautious he has been this entire time.

Fuck how obvious the teacher is. What the fuck was up with that bullshit writing?

Lesser annoying things: Satoru can't get out of a seatbelt? A Basketball can weigh down a gas pedal?

Hey, the reveal was dumb, but it was far from the dumbest thing in this episode.[/quote

uhm, the teacher messed the seat belt, the ball was stuffed with sand. i saw it more than twice already. and i think he put laxative on aya's drink earlier that's why she took so long in the bathroom. the only convenient thing about this is how the teacher managed to time up the delivery truck being seen by satoru
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Mar 12, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
It was nice to start of with some humor, it's been awhile since ERASED has done that.

But, after that is no chill. The killer is revealed and is prepared to end Fujinuma's life. However I do wonder what is the relationship with the other suspect; the one that visited the pizza shop. Hopefully that part is explained in the anime.
Mar 12, 2016 2:52 AM

Apr 2009
So many butthurt fuck bois in this thread i'm beginning to wonder why they even watch this a- oh wait, this is MAL. Carry on.
Mar 12, 2016 3:09 AM
Mar 2012
[quote=envy__ message=45143700]y
Badalight said:
I think there's something people aren't mentioning... the teacher's plan was fucking STUPID. Think about it... how the hell did he actually time everything to match up perfectly? He puts laxatives in a girl's drink, who happens to go to the bathroom in the same time span that the teacher orders a delivery. The only reason this even worked is because Satoru hid around the corner so he wouldn't see Aya leave the bathroom. Everything is just timed up so perfectly. This shouldn't be fucking possible. And then they happen to go outside at the perfect time to see the delivery car leaving. Anything, literally anything could've thrown off the timing of this by a few seconds and it would've ruined the teacher's plan. He also had to assume Satoru would think "oh, Aya got into that car" and then would further go on to say "Hey, I trust my teacher enough to ask him to get in a car and drive after him" which is doubly strange considering how cautious he has been this entire time.

Hey, the reveal was dumb, but it was far from the dumbest thing in this episode.[/quote

uhm, the teacher messed the seat belt, the ball was stuffed with sand. i saw it more than twice already. and i think he put laxative on aya's drink earlier that's why she took so long in the bathroom. the only convenient thing about this is how the teacher managed to time up the delivery truck being seen by satoru

No shit he messed with the seatbelt... but just because he can't unbuckle it doesn't mean he can't escape. It's not hard to get out of a seatbelt that can't be unbuckled, especially in the body of an 11 year old.

Nowhere did it say the ball was filled with sand.

Timing up the laxatives, the delivery, Satoru going outside, and the delivery truck leaving is RIDICULOUS. It also assumes Satoru is not watching Aya in the bathroom. He was waiting around the corner so he thought maybe she went to the exit, but if he wasn't waiting around the corner then his plan wouldn't have worked... because he would know that she was still in the bathroom. And how does the teacher know how long a laxative will take for the effect to start? There isn't a timer on laxatives. His plan was ridiculous and it was some of the laziest and most bullshit writing in the series so far.
Mar 12, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2014
It's already obvious who the killer is, and cutting many part is obvious too. From the very beginning of the problem is only 12 episodes, it should be 14-15.

Is 1 cour every season can only have 12 episodes? (seriously asking)
Mar 12, 2016 3:15 AM

Jan 2013
Axelucard said:
it was obvious it was the teacher ho did it the real questions are how and why

he does it for fun he said so this ep
Mar 12, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2013
Finally, Satoru found out what everyone else knew (well, the Anime/manga audience/readers at least) and his mom, too, by the way.

One of Satoru's fatal weaknesses was being too trusting.
臭い-
Mar 12, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was good but the mystery as a whole was bad.

Seta19 said:
So many butthurt fuck bois in this thread i'm beginning to wonder why they even watch this a- oh wait, this is MAL. Carry on.

Maybe because it was unclear up until episode 9 whether the show was going to be good or not?
Mar 12, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2015
RainyRai said:
KorNk said:

*sigh*

>revival
This is a discussion about the anime, not the manga. While in the manga Satoru might have forced a Revival, he didn't do it in the anime.

It's still plot convenience. Author can make Satoru leap in time whenever he wants to continue the plot.
>hinazuki's maturity
I guess we're at a stalemate on this
>it seems you don't know much about poverty etc
Okay I already said why I thought it was shit previously so there's no reason for me to say it again in the previous point and now, and now it sounds like you're defending the shitty excuse yourself. Good job on also adding in insults for no reason, since the only thing I've insulted is the show
>hiromi and hinzauki's personality
Hiromi wasn't targeted because Satoru started hanging out with him a lot more. Also if a child was changed because she was abused and started acting real distant, they typically would not suddenly stop being crazy wise and just become regular introverted after another kid takes her to see a Christmas tree.
So I can suddenly be this very deep and wise guy and have absolutely no reason for why I am this why, I just woke up and I was?
If you have some legitimate proof that being introverted makes you have a higher chance at being deeper I'd be glad to look at it.
>his brain
He does not have a child brain. He is literally the same as an adult, but with a child's body.
>there's no evidence for either
So both of us can agree it's a moot point now
>teacher again
When he is in the future he also has much more experience doing this stuff
He snapped because he failed.

>his priorities
His priorietes should have been that because he had a fucking emotional connection with the characters over Kayo. His mom is literally his fucking mom, the reason he did this, Yuuki gave him the inspiration to have friends, and Hiromi was one of his childhood friends.
Kayo was first a priority to save Yuuki/Mom but his goal quickly changed just to help her instead.

>his priorities
As I said, you just don't understand his reasoning, because you can't read between lines or watch the anime with little attention.

While in the manga Satoru might have forced a Revival, he didn't do it in the anime.
OMG I'm telling you what is the trigger for rewrite... It's the same in both anime and manga, obviously. The only difference is that you had to think a little while watching anime (the trigger is still not so hard to understand) but can just read mc's thoughts in manga). I showed you manga page just to prove my point about the theory... If you can't find a reason in something, try asking others, don't just say "it's shit" or call it "plot reasons", because you might have overlooked something...

Dude, you can call any supernatural ability a plot convenience at this rate...

insulting
That was a nice part, thank you. You didn't deny that you are not familiar with the topic, so now I'm convinced that you just don't know much of the things you are talking about^^

teacher again

"Kind of snaps while he's younger" - no idea what that means. Who is younger again?
"goes from silent guy ahead of everyone " I don't remember him loosing this trait tbh. He did set up MC's murder (in past) and imprisonment (in present) perfectly after all (or almost perfectly)

Trying to find a reason again? Never met people like who are deep, but don't have a reason for that irl?
(you can forget about introverted part, because it's a bit irrelevant and I won't bother explaining it)

moot point
I just showed you that you can look it the ability from different points of view. That it was a moot point to begin with

Do you even watch the anime? The guy kills people and make it look like someone else did it. Satoru's mother found his true identity, so he had to kill her and MC is the ideal false suspect. He doesn't hate Satoru and never has. (He didn't hate him in the past either as he clearly stated in this episode)
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1402 by busconoviaaa »»
May 26, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.