Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2009 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
i liked it but why does selvaria look so old
she's 22, for godsake

ps. all the people who are complaining about edelweiss' cheap-ass stats
wait till u see
removed-userApr 21, 2009 3:46 PM
Apr 21, 2009 5:01 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Can't wait till next week.
Apr 21, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
funsohng said:
she's 22, for godsake

wait till u see

another tank that is sugoi? (awesome) Me want to see and compare like with Edelweiss. Me had lots of fun with that person.
Apr 21, 2009 5:35 PM

Jul 2007
japanme32 said:
funsohng said:
she's 22, for godsake

wait till u see

another tank that is sugoi? (awesome) Me want to see and compare like with Edelweiss. Me had lots of fun with that person.

Concerning the spoiler quoted above
Apr 21, 2009 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
Barbobot said:
japanme32 said:
funsohng said:
she's 22, for godsake

wait till u see

Concerning the spoiler quoted above

Great so how many more tanks there will be?
Apr 21, 2009 6:43 PM

Jul 2007
japanme32 said:

1 more I think that get's any kind of special attention
Apr 21, 2009 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
Barbobot said:
japanme32 said:

1 more I think that get's any kind of special attention

Ok, kakkoii! (cool).
Apr 21, 2009 8:59 PM

May 2008
Really enjoyed this episode, and I'm still in love with the animation for this.
Apr 21, 2009 9:02 PM

Sep 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode though they did rush this battle rather quickly. I like most of the changes they have made from the game, there's definitely some better character development in the anime version. One thing i don't like though is that the tank is ridiculous in this version.It was powerful in the game but no where near the strength it has been in the anime. Last episode it just ripped through those enemies and in this one it freaking drove through water and then owned all those other tanks. I hope it won't be this powerful the entire series. At least in this episode the rest of the squad helped in the battle aswell.

Next episode seems like it's going to be a slight filler which is odd for so early in this series. Good chance it might have some great character development though. just hope it won't be one whole comedy episode.
Apr 21, 2009 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
velcom said:
Next episode seems like it's going to be a slight filler which is odd for so early in this series. Good chance it might have some great character development though. just hope it won't be one whole comedy episode.

nah, it will be forgiven if they have edy say some lines.
Apr 22, 2009 6:14 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode, submarine/tank ftw.
Apr 22, 2009 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
great episode xD

Apr 22, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
great show, its serious yet not serious at the same time
Apr 22, 2009 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
I was disappointed with this episode. Most of Squad 7 didn't do their combat roles like in the game (eg. Largo and Jann were Lancers, the anti-Tank unit, Rosie and Edy were Shock Troopers equip with Armor and Machine guns, Homer's an Enginner, Marina's a Sniper etc) but the anime didn't care and just made all of them Scouts with Rifles and The Battle of Vasel Bridge was more better in the game while anime's version was just lame.

Here's a video of what i'm talking about and be warn it contains spoilers!

After you watching it you will now realize why a fan of the game like me is disappointed with this adaptation (at least the manga adaption of that battle was better plus some of my favorite characters were in there)
Apr 22, 2009 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
MrTerrorist said:
I was disappointed with this episode. Most of Squad 7 didn't do their combat roles like in the game (eg. Largo and Jann were Lancers, the anti-Tank unit, Rosie and Edy were Shock Troopers equip with Armor and Machine guns, Homer's an Enginner, Marina's a Sniper etc) but the anime didn't care and just made all of them Scouts with Rifles and The Battle of Vasel Bridge was more better in the game while anime's version was just lame.

After you watching it you will now realize why a fan of the game like me is disappointed with this adaptation (at least the manga adaption of that battle was better plus some of my favorite characters were in there)

But from a common sense point of view with this operation having the snipers go in with their sniper rifles wouldn't make sense. They are moving in for close range ambush tactics making sniping very difficult and unruly to attempt to do, unless they left them across the river to attempt to snipe. Not having the Lancers could be due to their large size and having to fit the many people into a small boat to cross the river with the least chance of being noticed, but I guess they could have had them bring thier Lances.

Anyway the problem is what works one way in the game, doesn't necessarily translate over exactly into an anime. Where as in the game it comes off as "Okay, everyone is across the river now lets begin to systematically take out the enemies until we can go capture the base", in the anime it's "Let's attack hard and fast so the enemies can't get a good read on where or how many enemies there are."
Apr 22, 2009 10:43 AM

May 2008
I haven't played the game before, but I heard that there's quite a bit of difference already from the game itself. Is that true?

And haha Alicia's expressions throughout just 3 of these episodes are already really awesome. Can't see this going on throughout the whole series though. The actions do seem a little too short, but I hope we'll see more in the later weeks.

ErwinJA said:
Quanta said:
Zero_r2 said:
im really liking this anime
welkin sure is a great comander (no liike lelouch tou) he convinced the troops in one day
anfibian tank=? were there any in WW2? i dunno

Yes, there were amphibious tanks in WWII.

Also, even for a militia unit, their discipline is horrible beyond belief.

They date back to WWI actually.

The deep fording system with the snorkel was applied to many German and allied tanks, though the DDs were more numerically important than the allies. Naturally, the Germans came out with all kinds of win - they had one (modified PzIII) that could ford 15 meters!

Yep, those Panzer III are known as Tauchpanzer III. Some Panzer IVs got the same treatment and were known as Tauchpanzer IV, and some were even ready for the invasion of Britain (Operation Sealion), which never happened as the Germans lost in the Battle of Britain.

There are also the other kind of amphibious tanks where they float instead. Such examples were the Soviet T-37, T-38, and T-40.

Okay I'd better shut up or else I'd digress badly...
Apr 22, 2009 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
quentinlau said:

Yep, those Panzer III are known as Tauchpanzer III. Some Panzer IVs got the same treatment and were known as Tauchpanzer IV, and some were even ready for the invasion of Britain (Operation Sealion), which never happened as the Germans lost in the Battle of Britain.

There are also the other kind of amphibious tanks where they float instead. Such examples were the Soviet T-37, T-38, and T-40.

Okay I'd better shut up or else I'd digress badly...

Is right, thinking about there might be other models too. Tiger and Panther models that had snorkels.

MrTerrorist said:

Me now a fan of your info for this series. Expecting more videos about game that tell more about this series.

Me trust you find more things like that. Going to look for your info. Is nice info.
Apr 23, 2009 3:57 AM

May 2008
ClearSinz said:
lol ownage tank first deflecting a shot now going underwater? wat's next? flying/hovering above enemy troops? XD

hmm i guess im not the only one, yes the battle was rushed <_<
btw werent there like atleast 7 tanks? but yet in the battle there were like on 3
amazing how about 15 man squad can do better than the military XD

Don't sweat the details. The most important thing about watching a show is enjoying yourself and not constantly bickering about how unrealistically it is progressing. People these days.. ugh.

Anyway, I was like Please Don't End Yet each second of the show. Totally love it :D
Apr 23, 2009 7:32 AM

Feb 2009
The battle in this episode was way too short, but early skirmishes aren't really that interesting, even in the game. I hope we'll get to hear other Squad 7 members soon, instead of only the main characters.

Oh and Largo can use a rifle now? Damn I would've liked to have Scout Lancer in the game. :p

funsohng said:
wait till u see

lol, I was thinking the same thing.
Apr 23, 2009 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
ClearSinz said:
lol ownage tank first deflecting a shot now going underwater? wat's next? flying/hovering above enemy troops? XD

hmm i guess im not the only one, yes the battle was rushed <_<
btw werent there like atleast 7 tanks? but yet in the battle there were like on 3
amazing how about 15 man squad can do better than the military XD

the tank turns into a gundam and unleashes an ultimaet atak. dur.

this is a sweet and harmless little anime.

nothing spectacular or thrilling.

tho i find it amusing how the characters maintain their innocence while slaughtering enemy troops.
in your nostromo.

eating your crew.
Apr 23, 2009 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah battle was too short, although understandable. If they put an ep of two like Code Geass did for every battle we'd never get done with the number of battles the game has. Welkin's plans, in abstraction, feels solid enough.

Amphibious tank is really not that surprising, especially given their "ragnoline engine" is obviously different than the vehicle engines we're use to. Climbing a >45deg slop wall at a slanted angle was what surprised me... what's the tank made of, superstrength plastics?

"MrTerrorist" said:

The thing to keep in mind is that in most games of this type, there's no penalty for time taken (other than maybe score and a few timed missions), so you can just slowly advance and wear down the enemy until you're ready for the final attack.
In movies the "time taken" becomes a lot more obvious and if you drag it out it'll feel unrealistic when reinforcements that should have arrived didn't.
So yeah, infantry charge, not snipers' building-hopping.
The part I found stupid was the fact all the lancers took rifles, and that lancers were complaining about the possibility of not taking a tank across. I was like - "that's your job, do it".

"ClearSinz" said:

If they do this, I would lawl:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_tank
Apr 23, 2009 12:35 PM
Apr 2008
i'm a little disappointed at how fast they're blowing through the combat sequences myself, tho they are expanding the story more...i'd have to agree tho, that it'd be cooler if everyone was the proper class, instead of having largo using a machine gun, but they got my fav sniper in the show, marina has taken down so many guys for me :D

haven't finished the game yet myself, and i plan to, i'm not entirely sure yet, but i kinda wanna finish the game before the series, so i might stop when the series hits ch 6 or 7 cause that's where i am in the game currently.
Apr 23, 2009 4:57 PM

Sep 2008
i have a question there seems to be no Op and ED in this episode and the second episode is that how is it or did ayako remove them
Apr 23, 2009 5:04 PM

Jan 2009
BlackPhoenix23 said:
i have a question there seems to be no Op and ED in this episode and the second episode is that how is it or did ayako remove them

Same thing me wonder. What is going on? Do not like that OP and ED removed.
Apr 23, 2009 5:05 PM

Jul 2007
BlackPhoenix23 said:

Ayako just removed them and probably won't put them back in for future episodes. They released the OP and ED separately.
Apr 23, 2009 5:18 PM

Sep 2008
Barbobot said:
BlackPhoenix23 said:

Ayako just removed them and probably won't put them back in for future episodes. They released the OP and ED separately.

oh ok i see thanks for answering my question
Apr 23, 2009 5:32 PM
Feb 2009
The episode was fine with me... but the only thing that kinda tuged me a little bit was how Alicia felt awkward with working with Welkin. I mean she was completely fine with working with him in the game...
Apr 23, 2009 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the battle for the bridge. Apparently his skills with biology is going to come in handy in the Militia as well, strange, but also quite resourceful. Although, Isara is really getting on my nerves for some reason. I love Alicia and Welkin's personalities though.

It was interesting to see Bridget and Largo act that way since there's always those who dislike their leader but its like, come on, clearly, if he was picked ahead of them, there's gotta be a reason for it. Glad to see he finally gained their followship at the end.
Apr 24, 2009 12:10 AM

Dec 2007
That was an enjoyable episode, and I loved the animation. I don’t know about the game since I haven’t played the game yet, but I am sure that I will enjoy the anime. The tank was amazing as I thought, and Alicia is so cute!
Apr 25, 2009 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
rlime said:
I just love Alicia's expressions in each episode.

same here. I think I could watch a whole episode of her bugging out.
Apr 25, 2009 4:40 PM

Apr 2009
Woot for mini skirts!
I quite like this army like anime

Jun 10, 2009 4:34 AM
Aug 2008
hi i just want to know if anyone knows the title of the song played in this episode's game notes. if you do, please do tell cuz i really liked the song :)
Jun 29, 2009 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
Loved it! Smart strategy on Welkin part, now they will have to listen to him. I feel bad for Isara, they are being unnecessarily cruel to her.
Aug 12, 2009 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
Did.. edelweiss just scale a.. vertical wall? well okay not vertical but still :D it really is a super tank!

Poor Isara, unfortunately I did not have the option to send Largo and Rosie to the front lines.. alone.. with no backup as I did in the game :D

Sep 28, 2009 3:58 PM

Aug 2007
Marina Wulfstan is a sniper! Wheres her sniper rifle!? >.<
Jun 19, 2010 9:56 PM

Sep 2008
Really liked this episode... Awesome that Welkin gained "control" over his squad, although the episode did make me feel bad for Isara! Good thing she doesn't get embittered by all the discrimination.

The battle though... was extreeemely short. Noticeably so. I haven't played the game or whatever but even to me it just seemed like too quick a victory to be wholly possible, I suppose. Whatever. Still enjoyed the episode a lot! Alicia continues to be a great character along with a bunch of others. :D
Sep 27, 2010 3:53 PM
Mar 2010
Good episode, i liked the development shown here but as others said it felt a bit too crammed in for 20 mins ish. I think maybe if they had drawn out some character development in this episode and then the whole battle next that might have worked. However, maybe it's the fast pace i like about this anime? Doesn't hang around on one thing for too long ...
Jun 5, 2011 8:13 PM

Apr 2009
Nyanta said:
Did.. edelweiss just scale a.. vertical wall? well okay not vertical but still :D it really is a super tank!

Well almost a vertical wall i.e. a very steep sloped embankment that I think it should have flipped over when it crested on the top. XD

Wow they took the other side of the bridge with only their squad! And it's really roomy inside Edelweiss, isn't it?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 19, 2011 6:46 PM

Aug 2010
I really like this but i feel something off with Welkins character, i dont remember him being so carefree in the game, at least in the cutscenes and well the scene of the bet i remember welkin being more tough about it..
Still it was great and looking forward to this
Jul 6, 2011 4:05 PM
Sep 2009
tofei said:
Wow they took the other side of the bridge with only their squad! And it's really roomy inside Edelweiss, isn't it?

Never mind Edelweiss but speaking leisurely on bank of the river when enemy snipers are just few hundreds meters away...
Aug 2, 2011 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
That was a big gamble on Welkin's part. Surprisingly, the enemy force was defeated rather quickly.
Aug 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
Just like the vidya gaem.
Aug 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
badbluesplayer said:
I really like this but i feel something off with Welkins character, i dont remember him being so carefree in the game, at least in the cutscenes and well the scene of the bet i remember welkin being more tough about it..
Still it was great and looking forward to this

Nope. He is pretty much portrayed the same.
Oct 31, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Woa... That was a bit too fast.
Mar 25, 2013 8:28 AM

Jun 2011
Vudis said:
Hana-kei said:
it's too bad I couldn't watch Edie or Mariena much and they didn't talk
but, I can't wait next episode

how sexy!

darn i want alicia x welkin xD

OT: awesome episode i cant wait for the anime to continue prob my fav for the season

Yeah I was shouting "damn" too in my mind, NOOOOO for that preview.. AliciaxWelkin OTP!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 23, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
What a bogus episode.. Welkin is more like an obnoxious know-it-all guy instead of a brilliant strategist. Tank running underwater? climbing impossible angle? impenetrable shield?. That bet was unfair to begin with since the squad didn't know the tank have such hax ability.

He was also gambling too much with his squad's life since he wasn't even sure that his "strategy" would work. What if it failed to cross the river? or the machine was jammed? his squad would be waiting there until eventually spotted and became a sitting duck. He didn't tell the other squads too so in case Edelweiss was overwhelmed, immediate back up is impossible. The enemy also gave up way too soon and their numbers seem so small if a squad of 5-6 gunmen can scare them so easily. Gallian military must be full of idiots if they can't take out a small number of enemy soldiers and tanks (which I count only 2 including the enemy captain's tank).
MoeGodSep 23, 2013 5:41 AM
Oct 13, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
Never thought I would see a tank go underwater :p

Battle was to short, but otherwise a great episode.
Jun 16, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2012
No! This episode just so wrong
I mean Largo with guns?
He's awesome with the "Lance"
Largo the Tank Slayer!! xD

The story really progressing too fast
"Signature removed"
Jun 23, 2015 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Awww man, it would have been nice if they had opened the bridge like in the game. They got owned so much. It's also a bit weird to see Largo with a rifle.

I think it was a good choice to make the Edelweiss faster than in the game. In the game, it was soooo slooooow.

Fuckin' Rosie. She can be funny with her trashtalk sometimes, but she's so annoying when it's about Darcsens.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 28, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2014
What a reckless plan . But that what makes a man , unpredictable .
Either gaining trust or losing trust is the hardest part in forming a squad .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.