Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 17, 2013 3:29 PM

May 2013
It was pretty funny to see a loner comment on the situation of another loner. Hachiman's explanations were funny and plausible at the same time. I hope the club can help Rumi, since she seems to be troubled by her situation, poor gir.l :( Great episode!
May 17, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2013
DevilInDisguise said:
good episode funny as always

did you notice? yukinon wears apron which she buy with hikigaya at mall

Ah how come I missed that >_>

guess I'm gonna rewatch it again lol
May 17, 2013 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
30% email by foreigner MAILER-DAEMON!
Hahahaha, and the Ya, Hallo part was funny when Totsuka appeared.

May 17, 2013 4:00 PM

Feb 2012
"A leaf got into curry" lmao wtf.

Nice episode, poor that little girl, Hachiman to the rescue next week, let's go.
May 17, 2013 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
Hayama and Miura are pretty stupid in this episode to say the least.They are so dumb at reading someones character that makes me puke,yet they act like they know what they're doing.This episode gave me a headache seeing Hayama not getting the hints,I'm not sorry that I defended him in previous episodes but in this one is beyond godlike stupid and it's the same for Miura.
When you want to deal with a loner,you ask a loner to do that job.I'd punch theyr face untill I get bored of beating the crap out of them.It's common sense to ask someone of the same kind to do something.
With theyr logic,the logic of those 2 blondes,you should ask a brasilian how japanesse are living in Japan.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 17, 2013 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
So you are confident you would do better? Unlike us he doesn't get hear Hikki witty insights and I praise him for trying at least even if his approach is wrong.
May 17, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
Tenzen12 said:
So you are confident you would do better? Unlike us he doesn't get hear Hikki witty insights and I praise him for trying at least even if his approach is wrong.

It isnt based on Hikki's insights.It is common logic.If you see two people acting the same or about the same it's naturally to ask someone like that for help.I havent judge what I said based on Hikki's insights.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 17, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2011
His actions itself weren't wrong, most of adults would try probably same (I might too). In first placeif you weren't excelent observer you wouldn't notice these similiarities.

That and Hayato wouldn't ask Hikki for help if he didn't give his all first on this particular metter
Tenzen12May 17, 2013 6:14 PM
May 17, 2013 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
The length Shizuka-sensei went to get Hachiman to show up was glorious, other than that the episode had a good pace and was really enjoyable as always.
May 17, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2012
Tenzen12 said:

While I'm sure the show will eventually justify Hachiman and Yukino's attitudes, I wouldn't call their (the other group's) approach "wrong". In fact, I would say that thus far they've shown more maturity and/or willingness to help than the Volunteer club.
Let's go bowling.
May 17, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2012
Scary? Not at all. I'll be there for you anytime, itoshii sensei yo.

Hinachan SO CUTEEE.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 17, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
I like the teacher <3
May 17, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
I actually thought the popular girl was right, Yukino was being a bitch.

glad i'm not the only one everyone was just dealing with being together but Yukino was just being an bitch for some reason

normally not bugged with the art since it didn't take a away from me enjoying this but this week the animation was really inconsistent at times.
katsu044May 17, 2013 7:48 PM
May 17, 2013 7:54 PM

Aug 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
Tenzen12 said:

While I'm sure the show will eventually justify Hachiman and Yukino's attitudes, I wouldn't call their (the other group's) approach "wrong". In fact, I would say that thus far they've shown more maturity and/or willingness to help than the Volunteer club.
I somewhat disagree with your wording, but mostly agree on the overall idea.

The other group is obviously trying, so you have to give them credit for that. I think that the main root of the problem is that the other group, being the 'popular kids', cannot understand the mindset of a loner/someone who has been left out. Their approach isn't exactly wrong, but calling it wrong wouldn't be too far from the truth either. People have to be treated differently depending on who they are. If the other group were left to their own devices, I am pretty sure the problem would never be solved. I mean,if you listen to what they are saying and what they were trying to do, it was to just stick the girl together with the others and hope they somehow get along. From experience I can tell you that this almost never works. The problem is more complicated, and therefore needs help from people who understands.
In short, I think that their approach itself is wrong, although their willingness to provide help as well as their attitude in wanting to solve the problem is right.
May 17, 2013 7:55 PM
Jun 2009
AlexGK said:
Flagli said:
@ AlexGK
A Baldur's Gate - Fan? That's great :)

Yea, big one :)

Ontopic: The more I watch this MC the more I like him. Being able to not give a single fuck for anything, how awesome is that?

Muwahahaha! I still remember that witch's cry when I burn her to death with my fire ball spell. Too bad for you, now I will kill your little hamster too! Btw, that bloody dwarf is a way better tanker than you are!
May 17, 2013 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode! Having to wait weekly is simply torture for me.

Also, I love the names given to the characters. "Tsurumi Rumi" just rolls off the tongue so well to the point where it's fun to say.
May 17, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
AlexGK said:

The more I watch this MC the more I like him. Being able to not give a single fuck for anything, how awesome is that?
It's pretty fucking awesome
May 17, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
Tsurumi Rumi, Yuigahama Yui, Yukinoshita Yukino

WTF!

May 17, 2013 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
-GiaN- said:
Tsurumi Rumi, Yuigahama Yui, Yukinoshita Yukino

WTF!

LOL yeah also found that a bit weird xD
May 17, 2013 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
I can't believe Hachiman was tricked so easily into going.

"Just like how stand users are attracted to each other, it looks like loners are also very adept at finding other loners." <---JoJo reference?
StardustCharismaMay 17, 2013 10:00 PM
May 18, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2010
For once, a field trip episode that is not clishe in content. Bravo @ this anime.
May 18, 2013 12:33 AM
Apr 2013
Teacher is Yandere =)), now i really want Sensei ending =))
May 18, 2013 12:45 AM
Mar 2009
Haha, Shizuka is the clingy type.

Can't tell if Komachi has brocon or is just THAT worried her brother will end up lonely for the rest of his life. And Hikki subverting all the romcoms out there; being so easily swayed by the trap instead of the actual girls, lol.

Hikki hit all the points about being an adult!

What's with all these alliterative names?

Hmm, seems like Yukino really hates Hayato.

And Saika is confirmed gay. Dat dream of his...
May 18, 2013 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Haha, Shizuka is the clingy type.

Can't tell if Komachi has brocon or is just THAT worried her brother will end up lonely for the rest of his life. And Hikki subverting all the romcoms out there; being so easily swayed by the trap instead of the actual girls, lol.

Hikki hit all the points about being an adult!

What's with all these alliterative names?

Hmm, seems like Yukino really hates Hayato.

And Saika is confirmed gay. Dat dream of his...

You do have to love Hachiman's oddly appropriate cynicism, always enjoyable. Subversion is certainly his strong suit, just about every harem leader out there would have fallen by this point.

I also agree with the comment earlier about the Summer camp cliche being subverted, this anime is only getting better.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
May 18, 2013 1:34 AM
Jan 2013
Mich666 said:
This time we got to be continued episode. And next time evening trip to the wood, can't wait.

lol at Totsuka sleeping :))

And Ebina - typical yaoi-fangirl :D

Anyway, this antisocial little girl is great way how to mirror this situation main characters are in. I liked this ep.

EEEEEEWWWWW
May 18, 2013 3:05 AM
Jul 2012
Why is there so much of tobacco smoking propaganda? WT..? Is it 1990 again?
May 18, 2013 3:15 AM

Nov 2011
I'm actually curious if there is anything more to that relationship between Yukino and Hayama. Considering they're families are business partners I wonder if there was more to it or from the beginning Yukino just didn't plain out like them.

Oh lawd that Totsuka.

Curious as to how they'll solve this one and if it will further the character development more. It seemed right at the end there Yukino was being less cold to Hikigaya then usual.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 18, 2013 3:17 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Really enjoyed it and had plenty of laughs.
Hachiman's thoughts are great as usual.
May 18, 2013 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
I actually thought the popular girl was right, Yukino was being a bitch.
The thing is, both girls are shown to have tons of flaws, and so the criticisms from both Yukino and Yumiko against each other carry some truth in them.

The one interesting thing I get from this episode is how each person in the popular group became popular in the first place:
Miura (Yumiko) - she is confident of herself and her ability to attract people. She is a person who naturally gets people to worship her.
Hayama - he has all the appealing features, be it physical, style or behavior towards others. He will go around ceaselessly to try to make people feel comfortable (of course it won't work for the lone wolves)
Ebina - She is outgoing and believes in finding friends by seeking things they share interests in.
Tobe - Extrovert and easy to befriend, he follows the mood of the people around him and says the right things.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 18, 2013 3:40 AM

Jul 2011
Very funny and interesting. 5/5
May 18, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
testlist7 said:
Why is there so much of tobacco smoking propaganda? WT..? Is it 1990 again?
Japan now is like 1990 America in terms of smoking, you know...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 18, 2013 3:56 AM

Apr 2011
I don't think there is any propaganda in it. So far Shizuka sensei were smoking like twice. First case she were in faulty mood and second time she off duty (there are many character in animes that you never see without fag and among them I know at least two teachers.

That said I don't see why she had one front of children even if she didn't lighted that (maybe habbit? I don't know much about behaviour of smokers in wilderness)
May 18, 2013 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
lol at Totsuka sleeping :))

Saika is so cute! >_<
May 18, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2010
At first, I thought Yukino was being rude but then I felt Miura(blonde girl?) was being inconsiderate not thinking of how Rumi would feel if you just pushed her into a group and asked her to get along with that group. But then I thought, that's what most people do and it's not exactly wrong...but it's not exactly right. (It may also be due to the fact that I went through the same thing...yeah, I'm a loner too. One of the reasons I love this anime so much. It describes what I went through myself. But I'm not smart like Hachiman or Yukinon...I was more of a crybaby so I just cried instead....'kay I'm getting off topic now)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 18, 2013 6:09 AM

Oct 2010

well that's new... although I would love some loli curry ;p
May 18, 2013 6:12 AM
Dec 2012
phoenixalia said:
At first, I thought Yukino was being rude but then I felt Miura(blonde girl?) was being inconsiderate not thinking of how Rumi would feel if you just pushed her into a group and asked her to get along with that group. But then I thought, that's what most people do and it's not exactly wrong...but it's not exactly right.

Yeah since some people don't know how to deal with other people or they find it hard to deal with others, it must be akin to torture to force them to associate with others. It wouldn't be fun for them to say the least.
May 18, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
IPHONE AND PSP HAHAHAHAHA

“You should get an Olympic medal for the mental gymnastics you just did there” omg Hachiman I love ya. He’s honestly such a nice and considerate guy of others if you look at his actions. He’s also so nice to his sister!! Usually you’d expect someone like him to tell her to piss off.

“Hey! I’m totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair” -Hikigaya Hachiman’s way of seeing adults.

Hayama’s seems totally like he’s being a pedo and flirting with these little kids

May 18, 2013 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
I liked how Hikigaya kept observing the situations knowing what was going on in Rumi's mind or something. Also, finding out that Yukinoshita and Hayama went to the same elementary school was interesting but I can't shake the feeling that she's hiding something.
May 18, 2013 8:44 AM

Mar 2012
Complexity said:
I mean,if you listen to what they are saying and what they were trying to do, it was to just stick the girl together with the others and hope they somehow get along.

Which, 99% of the time, is the right thing to do. Notice that this strategy is the exact one the teacher is using on Yukino and Hachiman.
Let's go bowling.
May 18, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
Complexity said:
I mean,if you listen to what they are saying and what they were trying to do, it was to just stick the girl together with the others and hope they somehow get along.

Which, 99% of the time, is the right thing to do. Notice that this strategy is the exact one the teacher is using on Yukino and Hachiman.

99% if the person in question is a loner from her own free will.
But that's one of the worst things to do if the person is being maliciously shunned and/or bullied by the group, because it would lead to even more bullying.

What Hayama did was even worse. Being the good-looking bishounen, he would only anger the other girls by paying special attention to the outsider. It wouldn't be strange for those girls to try and vent their jealousy on her, for stealing his attention.
May 18, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
StopDropAndBowl said:
Complexity said:

99% if the person in question is a loner from her own free will.
But that's one of the worst things to do if the person is being maliciously shunned and/or bullied by the group, because it would lead to even more bullying.

What Hayama did was even worse. Being the good-looking bishounen, he would only anger the other girls by paying special attention to the outsider. It wouldn't be strange for those girls to try and vent their jealousy on her, for stealing his attention.
Someone who is a loner of their own free-will is so rare that it's almost not even worth mentioning (neither of the MCs are loners of their own free will). And I didn't see any bullying going on, just shunning. Easy solution: tell the girls off/punish them for shunning Rumi, move her to a different group, and then explain to her that she should probably try going out for a sports club or something (people with common interests do tend to get along). And then explain to her that her attitude ("They're all brats.") is most likely a big part of the problem.

Letting her wallow in a sea of self-pity certainly isn't the answer. Hence the entire premise of the show (putting two loners together in a situation where they have to deal with other people on a regular basis).
Let's go bowling.
May 18, 2013 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
Someone who is a loner of their own free-will is so rare that it's almost not even worth mentioning (neither of the MCs are loners of their own free will). And I didn't see any bullying going on, just shunning. Easy solution: tell the girls off/punish them for shunning Rumi, move her to a different group, and then explain to her that she should probably try going out for a sports club or something (people with common interests do tend to get along). And then explain to her that her attitude ("They're all brats.") is most likely a big part of the problem.

Letting her wallow in a sea of self-pity certainly isn't the answer. Hence the entire premise of the show (putting two loners together in a situation where they have to deal with other people on a regular basis).

Free will loners are not that rare really. Yes they were shunning her but you can feel that they really hate her and that could lead into bullying sooner or later especially if they became jealous of her because of hayman . If hayman or any other adult told the girls to not shun her or even worse if they scold them it will make the lonely girl situation even worse because they are not gonna be around for her when she return to her school after the trip or when she goes to middle school.
May 18, 2013 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
*Before reading,use this song,it helps calming down and understand easyer the post*

FluffyFleshMay 18, 2013 10:30 AM
May 18, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
Lot of interesting things happened in this episode.

Yukino and Hayama have a complex past, it seems. Hayama says he wants to do everything he can to help Rumi, and Yukino counters that he can't do anything, following it with "That's how it was, right?" It doesn't sound like she is referring to Hayama's earlier attempts to include Rumi, but rather something further in the past. His expressions towards her show that he is hurt by what she said, so I don't think Yukino is being honest when she says that the extent of her history with Hamaya is that they went to the same elementary school and their families work together. We might be in full-blown childhood friend territory. That she says "Hamaya probably can't get his mind off of it" seems to imply that while she sees (or pretends to see) Rumi as being like Yui, Hayama sees Rumi as being more like Yukino. Her statement that "his method isn't very nice" may be less based on observation and more on firsthand knowledge.

Conclusion: Yukino and Hayama were close friends in elementary school. Hayama was popular then as he is now. Yukino became isolated for whatever reason, and Hayama's well-intentioned attempts to bring her back into the group only made things worse--something he was likely not made aware of (as his methods have not changed). Yukino broke off the friendship, and Hayama sees it as somehow his fault. Or at least his failure, explaining why he might be determined to fix Rumi's problem.
May 18, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Well,that's a way to put it.....if it is like that then this anime will have or must have 24-26 episodes because there is alot to clear out and I doubt it can in just 12/13 episodes.
May 18, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2010

These Jojo's quotes.
May 18, 2013 12:34 PM

Feb 2013
its so funny when hachiman only getting nervous around saika and he didnt give a f***k about yui and yukino....lmao...btw that hayama guy is a fag...he is the type of guy who want to turn every girl into his fangirl, and yukino look like she got feeling for him...if its true then i will withdrawn from yukino x hachman fan and starting to cheering for saika x haciman...trolololo
May 18, 2013 1:07 PM

May 2012
Really great episode !!! lol
The text messages from the teach where awesome and hachiman's "just how much do you like me" was pretty funny, awesome to see the teacher just wanting? him so much.
Really liked the episode and I hope Rumi's problems can be solved although idk how that can happen since this anime really takes from real life I don't suppose that it's gonna be like in other anime and they're sudden;y gonna be friends just by saying a couple of cliche line's, so I'm really looking forward to that resolution and if possible it would be great if only Yukinon and Hachiman do it without the interference of Hayama since I really hate him just throwing stupid ideas out there and doing nothing more then making things more difficult for Rumi, although I'm aslo a bit dissapointed in Yukino and Hachiman for knowing what was going on and not doing anything for the whole episode.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 18, 2013 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Altay545 said:
Really great episode !!! lol
The text messages from the teach where awesome and hachiman's "just how much do you like me" was pretty funny, awesome to see the teacher just wanting? him so much.
Really liked the episode and I hope Rumi's problems can be solved although idk how that can happen since this anime really takes from real life I don't suppose that it's gonna be like in other anime and they're sudden;y gonna be friends just by saying a couple of cliche line's, so I'm really looking forward to that resolution and if possible it would be great if only Yukinon and Hachiman do it without the interference of Hayama since I really hate him just throwing stupid ideas out there and doing nothing more then making things more difficult for Rumi, although I'm aslo a bit dissapointed in Yukino and Hachiman for knowing what was going on and not doing anything for the whole episode.

Spamming him with messages it looked to me like a Mirai Nikki reference from episode 2.
May 18, 2013 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

Free will loners are not that rare really. Yes they were shunning her but you can feel that they really hate her and that could lead into bullying sooner or later especially if they became jealous of her because of hayman . If hayman or any other adult told the girls to not shun her or even worse if they scold them it will make the lonely girl situation even worse because they are not gonna be around for her when she return to her school after the trip or when she goes to middle school.

Where did you get the idea that they really hate her though? Especially since she even said: "We left people out one by one and then before I knew it, I was the one being left out." That sounds more like leaving her out is the flavor of the month, not like they absolutely hate her specifically.

Obviously there is no way to simply solve the problem over a week or weekend (though I have no doubt that the show will do it nicely), but in reality the solution would be to do exactly what I said. And you're ignoring the fact that this is exactly what the teacher is doing to Hachiman and Yukino, neither of whom are "free-will" loners.
StopDropAndBowlMay 18, 2013 2:19 PM
Let's go bowling.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Whats your fav character/s and why

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 11

42 by LadyBrown »»
Sep 20, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

565 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

303 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Is the animation and artstyle of season 1 better than the other two seasons according to you?

G_Shan10 - Sep 7, 2021

32 by Chigi404 »»
Sep 2, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

262 by Itachiunderwater »»
Aug 26, 7:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.