Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 3, 2013 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
dat intro! fanservice at its best. and i just love it.

this episode was exactly as i imagined it - a lot of attractive guys, everyone loves haruka, it was funny and the music was good. and they already introduced the new guys.
to me this episode was perfect because it contained everything i expected.

i still have no idea what the deal with cecil is ôo he seems so out of place and needless. it feels like the writers wanted to add some mystery, so they added him.
Apr 4, 2013 12:07 AM

Aug 2011
DAT OPENING HAD ME IN TEARS X'D WELCOME BACK BOYS <3
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Apr 4, 2013 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
THAT hip moves....wait, what was this sound just now?...oh no, my hip bones are broken!!! XD
And in the opening if it's not enough that for some reasons everyone naked, they throw up Haruka to the moon...and THAT SCENE!!! I'm waiting when will she scream 'HENSHIN'!!! (Sailor Moon) :D
Apr 4, 2013 1:39 AM

Jun 2011
I just started crying in the first minute. The feels were too much xD I've been waiting since they first announced the second season. And I just couldn't wear for the senpai-tachi to appear <3 AIAI. So Camus is appearing when Cecil does, huh? *'sparkles* I can't wait for next week's episode.

DOESN'T MINNA-SAN JUST ADORE THE NEW COSTUMES?

( Quartet☆Night is one of my favourite songs just watching them dance to it made me fall off the chair screaming )

Apr 4, 2013 2:11 AM

Dec 2009
That's why I hate fangirls, they shriek too loud for me to hear this fantastic idol song, why orz
It was a nice episode though, seeing everyone again.. cute Ittoki-kyun, sexy hawt Ren-sama and ... the others. Can't handle those seniors though, at least that brown-haired guy is nice and seems a little like Natsuki lol at least without glasses, which is a plus, yay \o/ and we meet Cecil again, this choco-boy <3

I shouldn't have noticed Kingdom Hearts' Xemnas has Shining's seiyuu, it would've been better, believe me *headesk* ouch!
Apr 4, 2013 4:00 AM

Jun 2012
Lots of hips in that live sequence. And Cecil is in it, too~~ Let us get to know about him better this season~

Haruka has THE best map. Ever. Same level as Mikage in Kamisama Hajimemashita.

Otoya is so bloody cute, that silly boy. So cheerful. Natsuki's imagination is amazing as always, ain't it? Pfu-ha!
You're such a perfect house wife, Masato. All that seriousness. And when the roses appeared, my brain went straight for "Ren, you dork".

I've missed the interaction between the boys.

And the senpai-tachi are so cool. And the groups are the same as the cds. Instant clashes. Well, Camus is missing completely. And he's my favorite senpai, too. Well, he should be supervising Cecil somehow if it's with him as with the others, with the senpai-kouhai cds.

Hyuuga and Ringo's entrance, so much sparkles.

Mamo-chan's song is so cool, and while I do like Orpheus Heart, I really like this new song much more, with much more beat and pace in it.

Overall, it's a nice episode, and I'm going to be following this season yes. =)
Apr 4, 2013 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
Oh man, the second season of "*face/palm* why the hell am I watching this omg" is here. The first season was damn silly but this first episode if the sequel nearly caused me brain damage :P I was literally commenting "wtf" multiple times XD

Anyway, I felt this first ep suffered from the common "we need to reintroduce our characters and have fun hijinks!" sequels sometimes have. Haruka seems dumbed down in this ep compared to the first season (the whole getting lost on a path that doesn't even fork and getting scared by crows), which I hope doesn't continue. The entrance of the guys wasn't done as well as it could have been, although I got a laugh out of Jinguuji's casanovaing. When they introduced the princes I spent the rest of the ep wondering why the heck no one asked where one of them vanished to O_o Then they introduced Cecil and I don't really know what to think about the guy, guess we'll find out more about him as the story unfolds.
Apr 4, 2013 5:29 AM

Apr 2010
ahhhh its finally airing :)
im in love with those moves and songs!!!
starish ♥♥♥
Apr 4, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2010
I'm getting a really ironic feeling when I see that a new reverse harem anime comes out, that's why I dropped Hakuouki and Arcana Famiglia, nor I didn't watch Amnesia... But since I watched UtaPri's first season I checked the first episode of second one and somehow I was surprised that I missed some of the characters, but definately not the main heroine (kill her please) or the over cheesiness in some scenes... ehm Ren really?...
Apr 4, 2013 6:08 AM

Mar 2011
Yessss! It's finally back! xD

I wanna see more Cecil ♥
Apr 4, 2013 6:22 AM

Jul 2010
YES. Been waiting for so long, and it was worth it. Ending kinda sucked, though.. It's practically the same thing as the ending in episode 1 of the first season. Putting that aside.. Yay for the seniors finally showing up! <3
Apr 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
yay

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Apr 4, 2013 9:50 AM
Dec 2012
I loved it.
I was like: Ren Jinguuji appeared *fangirling like hell*
Syo Kurusu appeared *KYYYAAAAAAA SO KAWAAIIIII *-*
etc xD
Apr 4, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2010
And the boys are back! Ren's absolutely amazing =)
Unfortunately, Haruka still has glassy eyes and doesn't use her brain often enough.
Apr 4, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2010
Lol,I bet that grandmother is going to be proud.
Apr 4, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 2013
Looks like the another bishonen shows up.
Apr 4, 2013 11:02 AM
Mar 2012
Didn't watch the first season. I was planning to but never got around to it. Just saw that season 2 came out and cause of all the hype i decided tol watch it. i give it 3/5 for now. I'm going to watch the first season hopefully by the time episode 2 comes out.
Apr 4, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2009
LMAO.. What on earth was with those PELVIS THRUSTS and the ASS SWING?? :)))))
LMFAO! Felt like gigolos at a stripper's club. But the animation is amazing as it has been. They showed 2 performances.. Bloody load of work, and the direction was really hawt!!

Apart from that... I was CRINGING the whole episode! Haruka being as dumb as, ah, right, Amnesia girl has no name!! (Wow, how did they even manage? That's so weird. Guess it was naming the girl yourself in the game? Pff..) She gets so scared by a bunch of crows that she cowers into a ball? Eegh.
The reintroduction of the characters was just.. hideous!

I liked how the seniors were all We're-So-Awesome-And-Fun in their projected performance and suddenly turn to Who-The-F*S*-Are-You?! =P Glad to see some trouble brewing.
Ichinose.. Toki? Ahaha. Like a bear! He's just so confused! Decide already how you want to be. O.o
I liked Hijirikawa for that matter that he was much calm. Everyone else is extra hyper. So many roses Jinguji?? REALLY?? Bloody rich retards. The peck was cute, but Dumbruka hardly reacted!

I'm enjoying Cecil. He looks good. (I think I like green haired people... O.o wtf?) But again, Indianish look. And he's another "ethnic mystic"?? What's with this anime trend??? Tamako ends and this starts. Tamako Market's prince was probably Indonesian.. (there was a pointer in an episode).. Cecil looks similar.

Yeah, well, pretty pretty people everywhere.. no reality at all. I need a geeky nerd. At least one. Come on. Ahh, elites are soo... grraaahh... plastic?
Nothing good this season?? I WILL end up watching (for animation and colour) and tolerating (the characters) this.. But really, nothing good?

Haruka looks like a bug with those eyes. Just add a net to her eyes and she'll be a creepy fly.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 4, 2013 11:25 AM

Oct 2012
Hijirikawa, I missed you. <333333333

OMG, that OP! I really liked it!
4/5
Apr 4, 2013 11:40 AM

Dec 2010
Everyone that is comparing Amnesia to UtaPri need to STFU. Comparing TWO DIFFERENT otoge series is ridiculous, because OBVIOUSLY they are going to be different. UtaPri is NOT the model for every otoge or otoge anime, and as a fan of both UtaPri, and especially Amnesia, seeing people comparing the two makes me face palm.

On to discussing the first episode, I am very pleased. I missed seeing these boys, and I am looking forward to hearing more songs from them, including the senpai. I wibbled a bit as I watched this episode, and can't wait for more. I am so happy that UtaPri is back.
Apr 4, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
AMG DAT OPENING DANCE.

I'm DYING....I'm DYING.....of LAUGHTER. XD XD XD

And HOORAY! Cecil was included too....although part of me is going "WTH...." because I don't think he's "officially" part of Starish even according to the games....

GAWD the re-emergence of the dudes was sooo cute. (Gawd I thought Masato was gonna pull a "butler bow" when they zoomed on his shoes if you know what I mean xD )

"Pioneering Princes"? Hmmmm that's an odd name for the Senpais...

Interesting touch that they included Camus in the senpai dance/song intro and then took him out after the song. (Why they did no one go "hey one's missing" is kind of LOL)

Pururiru said:
I'm also wondering what happened to the fourth guy who was performing with them?? (I didn't play the game so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it...
The fourth guy is Camus. He is assigned to be Cecil's senpai in the games. But because Cecil was not "properly introduced" (nor enrolled in the school) in the first season of the anime...It's a given they can't introduce Camus.

EDIT: lol...made this post too early....enter Cecil in the last few seconds of this 1st ep... HMMM...they're gonna have to explain some bits of Cecil's backstory I think for people [whom haven't touched the games] to get him at all =U if they are going to eventually throw Camus in....
IkanoApr 4, 2013 12:15 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 4, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
pelvic thrusting, hip grabbing, ass touching...

MY BODY IS READY
Apr 4, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2011
I just can't wait to see what happens in this series XD.
Apr 4, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2011
Honestly, I couldn't watch the opening without laughing from second hand embarrassment.
Those hip thrusts.............
Apr 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
Nothing like watching animated hotties gyrate and drop it like it's hot! LOL!!
UtaPri is BACK!! Unfortunately, this 1st ep didn't capture me this season like the first. I think it's because of those 3 (or were there 4?) new bishies...2 of which I already CANNOT stand.
Hannah_AnaApr 4, 2013 6:11 PM
Apr 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 2007
The new guys are annoying and I can't stand them already. This is also the most queer thing I've ever seen, and I've seen boku no pico.
Apr 4, 2013 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
That dancing is just wow.
[center]
Apr 4, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2010
whoo! ^-^ I've been waited for this!
Seriously, I still cringe at the dancing haha. Also, the main heroine's eyes really bug me! I don't think I'm the only one who hates her eyes...
Apr 5, 2013 12:07 AM

Oct 2012
DAT ASS
5/5
JUST FOR DAT ASS
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 5, 2013 4:52 AM
Mar 2010
OH yeah baby~ It's UtaPri time again! After the disasters which were Hiiro no Kakera, Arcana Famiglia and Amnesia, I started to lose interest in otome anime because I hated to see them getting butchered.

But, Uta Pri is back and my thoughts of how horrible Amnesia was was thrown out of the window. xD

Ah, my babies are back! And they're still there with MANSERVICE. Lol.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 5, 2013 6:39 AM
Jun 2009
i love hating it already. it's the most ridiculous anime i've ever seen. 10/10 for enjoyment, 1/10 for everything else.
Apr 5, 2013 7:13 AM

Feb 2012
Why am I even watching this anime... but yeah, a nice episode. The main girl seems less creepy to me. I can't say the same about most of the guys though.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 5, 2013 7:51 AM
Sep 2012
UTAPRI IS BACK
Apr 5, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2011
I LOVED season 1 of this anme, and was super excited when I saw there would be a season 2. This episode was so great! Ive never played the game, so Im lost on who Cecil is though.
Apr 5, 2013 11:20 AM
Dec 2012
Yeah the female lead reminded me of the heroine from Amnesia. Also that Heterochromia guy reminded me of a guy from Amnesia as well. besides, Their skill of singing reminded me of Kurama from Kamisama Hajimemashita: they are so good as Kurama in singing.
Apr 5, 2013 2:36 PM

Mar 2012
I think this is going to be better than s1
they gave so much faservice for me
omg I really want to see the realtionship between the senpai and Kohai
Ai is harrasing Syo X3 and Camus who isn't introduced yet looks so hot being animated, Reiji is so cute >.< Ranmaru's voice is better than I expected
soo nice, so hot!!!!!!
I don't dislike any character(including the female characters), and this is the best otome game, reverse harem anime to me
I just love utapri, the best bishies ever are back!!!!!
Apr 5, 2013 8:13 PM

Dec 2006
Yes It seems that this will be better than season 1
They made the boys look more lovely *-* Otoya, Cecil and Tokiya are love ♥~ I went all nghhhhh
I envy haru-chan u_u
Apr 5, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
Lmfao, I only remembered to watch this series when I saw Tokiya's sweet behind GIF'd on Broken Forums.

But damn, THAT WAS FABULOUS.
Apr 6, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2009
I rewinded so many times to catch the cute moments and to see the opening again lol OMG :D welcome back UTAPRI :D
Apr 6, 2013 6:44 AM

Dec 2011
THE OP-
The fangirls' squeal
And whoever choreographed the dance

I'm 2000% done wwww nice start though!
and it's been a while since I heard Wakamoto-san's voice-
Apr 6, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2010
Yeah, because, 7 singing bishes aren't enough, let's add 34 more.
And I reaaally liked how I couldn't hear the opening song, since the fangirls were so loud, annoying as hell!
But besides of that I must admit, that I'm quite enjoying this series after first episode, I'm looking forward to the next one. Still hate design of the main girl.
I hope that this season actually WILL have some romance, though my favourite guys are probably out of question, and Ichinose will be the one picked by her. Too bad, Shou, Otoya and Natsuki are so much better.
Btw, since the ending song probably will be the opening - it's worse than the "Orpheus" from the first season, that song had some impact, at least. I want to hear the ending song though, since in this episode I couldn't hear a damn thing, meh.
Apr 6, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
Loved This Episode Can't Wait For The Next So Glad They Did A Second Season!!!<33333333333333
Apr 6, 2013 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
I watched this with a friend of mine and we couldn't stop laughing and making fun of the guys even giving out weird expressions~ I'll still watch it nonetheless since I watched the first season already xD
Apr 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
THAT WAS SO HOMOSEXUAL HOLY GEEZUS
Apr 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Sep 2010
... uh, so I feel super guilty about watching this show since I watched like ... 2 episodes of the first season before dropping it out of second-hand embarrassment, but after seeing a thousand different gifs of the new season on tumblr, I decided to give it a shot and boy was I surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Like seriously, I didn't really expect to get much out of it (except some maybe a few snarky comments here and there), but I was sincerely entertained by it! I mean, I did have to pause it like every five minutes because I couldn't stop laughing, but it brightened up my day because it's unapologetically ridiculous and charming.

So basically, UtaPri is going to be my delicious, delicious guilty-pleasure of the season. I'm not expecting much out of the series since it's pretty light-fare anime, but that's okay! Some series are just meant to entertain, and this does it pretty well.
Apr 7, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2012
even more pretty boys to fangirl over :Q___

LMFAO when Nanami lost the road and checked her map
Apr 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I've just watched the first ep of this new season and it's just the best!And I've laughed so much when Haruka sees these hot bishies again{I almost drooled this whole ep...kiddin',kiddin'].But I don't like those seniors,they are kinda rude and annoying[well, just 2 of them].
And Cecil, I'm looking forward to see him in Starish^^.
Best 1st ep.Can't wait for the other ones:D.
Apr 7, 2013 2:09 PM
Apr 2013
My sister and I almost died of laughting from the opening! Now if that was just a small part of the whole dance, imagine how is the full version!! Can't wait for the last episode already, since this is obviously like the first season, so that opening will be the final dance at the end XD

Haruka's eyes still bothers me, but because she's the only one with the same eyes as in the game. Everyone else got black pupils... personally I prefer the colors from the games.

Now here's a question: what you people would like to see in this season? These are some of the things that I always wanted to see in the anime:

*Shou fighting karate
*Shou and Otoya playing soccer
*Kurusu Kaoru
*Hijirikawa Mai
*any mention of the relationship between Saotome and Otoya (If they plan to do like in the game, although I doubt)
*Shou and Natsuki playing the violin/viola
*Ren with his hair tied into a full ponytail XD
*Ranmaru vs Satsuki (THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!)
*Ringo in his normal male self.
Jiyuuko89Apr 7, 2013 6:02 PM
Apr 7, 2013 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
Dat opening...

I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Never want to see that again....

The rest was good tho.
Apr 8, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Wow this was way too ~fabulous~ for me to handle, damn that dance and those moves XD

I liked the first opening song a lot more but I'm glad Utapri is back though, it's a pretty fun and enjoyable anime to watch. Way better than Amnesia at least.

Those senpais seem like jerks, except the brown haired one. I hope they'll beat them soon, fighting STARISH [omg I'm still not over their fabulous name. I can just say it all day. STARISH. STARISH. STAAAARISH!]
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

86 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2013

47 by isabelitatv »»
Mar 25, 2022 7:16 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

47 by minimiau »»
Nov 29, 2019 2:29 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

43 by Ten »»
Sep 14, 2019 6:23 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2013

51 by EnochianSmiting »»
Apr 9, 2018 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.