Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 31, 2013 6:56 AM

Dec 2012
Fantastic, glorious, marvelous ending! Forgive my irrational love for this anime, I'm going to give it a 10/10, too many feely feelings. ( T . T )

Acchan's explanation for the disappearance of center nova was a little rushed, but at least they gave them a reason to stay there.

Cheiri is sooo OP now, and Nagisa's insta-succession FTW.

I'd love a season 3, but I'm thoroughly pleased with this ending.

Edit:

Soooo, when are we going to find out about Sensei Sensei!
redinsideMar 31, 2013 6:59 AM
Mar 31, 2013 7:10 AM
Mar 2013
akbfan said:
1idd0kun said:
akbfan said:
The center is nothing more than the visual. They're just the face like you said. Anyone can be center but not everyone is the ace. Nagisa isn't as dependable as Chieri, she don't do much in the show, so she's just the center taking Acchan's name. Chieri as the Center Nova and is more kira kira kagayaki and all that so she's more important and is the ace....whatever fancy name they use in the show doesn't matter.

Well, it seems I don't understand exactly what you mean by center or ace, so let's put it like this. When Acchan was active (the real-life Acchan, I mean) she was the official center of akb48, right? Now, call it the way you want to, but this what I mean. Chieri became the official center, just like real-life Acchan when she still was in akb48.

Acchan wasn't just center, she was also called the ace of AKB alot by media so she's both actually....
It's like when AKB performs, the centers are changeable, like Mariko, or Takamina took turn center for Beginner, Yukirin took over for EbiKatsu once, Kawaei Rina was center for Heart Gata Virus at Kouhaku, but they're just the center for that performance.
It's Acchan who is always the "main" girl for AKB singles so she's the ace.

Center Nova is the brightest member in AKB0048 so that's basically the ace position so Chieri is the ace.

Anyway it doesn't matter, the point is Chieri is more important than Nagisa (mostly because Mayuyu stole that main character role from Karen because she's more popular)
akbfan said:
1idd0kun said:
akbfan said:
The center is nothing more than the visual. They're just the face like you said. Anyone can be center but not everyone is the ace. Nagisa isn't as dependable as Chieri, she don't do much in the show, so she's just the center taking Acchan's name. Chieri as the Center Nova and is more kira kira kagayaki and all that so she's more important and is the ace....whatever fancy name they use in the show doesn't matter.

Well, it seems I don't understand exactly what you mean by center or ace, so let's put it like this. When Acchan was active (the real-life Acchan, I mean) she was the official center of akb48, right? Now, call it the way you want to, but this what I mean. Chieri became the official center, just like real-life Acchan when she still was in akb48.

Acchan wasn't just center, she was also called the ace of AKB alot by media so she's both actually....
It's like when AKB performs, the centers are changeable, like Mariko, or Takamina took turn center for Beginner, Yukirin took over for EbiKatsu once, Kawaei Rina was center for Heart Gata Virus at Kouhaku, but they're just the center for that performance.
It's Acchan who is always the "main" girl for AKB singles so she's the ace.

Center Nova is the brightest member in AKB0048 so that's basically the ace position so Chieri is the ace.

Anyway it doesn't matter, the point is Chieri is more important than Nagisa (mostly because Mayuyu stole that main character role from Karen because she's more popular)

akb0048 official web page says this: 現在の「0048」では、新曲ごとに、センターが交代しているが、以前はセンターノヴァとよばれる、不動のセンターが存在していた。
その活動期間中はすべての曲のセンターを担当していた。その頃のライブでは、本人のアイドル力に加え、
観客のボルテージさえも感じとったキララが照明よりもまばゆく光り輝いていた。その様子から「超神聖センターノヴァ」と呼ばれる。
それゆえ、センターノヴァの称号をもつものは、アイドルの中のアイドルとされるが、なぜか急な卒業や失踪をするものが多い。
それゆえ先代(13代目)前田敦子の失踪を最後に、センターノヴァの制度は休止されている。
That means Center Nova = stand in the "center position" in "every performance" and is "unchangeable".

This means that Chieri must stand in the center position for every performance (single) no matter what.
This is just like the previous center nova, like yuihan, micchan or acchan

Although Nagisa became the 14th Acchan, that doesn't mean she can stand in the center position...unless there is "no center nova" or Nagisa "becomes" the Center Nova. And I think this is why Nagisa told Chieri in the end that she's gonna fight for the center nova.

The 13th Acchan was an unchangeable center is because she was "also a center nova at that time"

I know it is sad that Nagisa is not the center nova, but that is what the story ended.

and yes, I think Chieri becomes important than Nagisa is because Chieri's voice actor is the real Watanabe Mayu, the new center after the real Acchan graduated from AKB48.
Mar 31, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
first season = 9
this season = 7
not as good
Mar 31, 2013 8:38 AM
Sep 2010
I loved this episode, but they left way too many questions unanswered like:
Who killed Chieri's father?
When will Kanata have succession?
Is DES now stopped?
How will Nagisa be like as Acchan?
Is Chieri going to have her own name or will the tradition continue?

I'm hoping for a 3rd season to fill all of these plot holes and 'cause I really don't think they'll just end it here...
Mar 31, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2012
You know, I was dead-set on a double centre nova with Nagisa and Chieri, but I think overall Chieri suits the role more. I kind of like it this way, even though it wasn't 100% what I was expecting.

I'd love a third season, but I think I'm pretty content with this ending overall. I'll always be up for more AKB0048 though, if they do decide to wrap up those loose ends!
Mar 31, 2013 9:18 AM

Oct 2011
Loved it! I was definitely expecting a double Center Nova but Nagisa as Acchan and Chieri as Center Nova is just as satisfying. The performances in this episode were amazing.

Really gonna miss this show T___T I'd love a sequel whether it's in the form of another series further down the line or even a movie.
Mar 31, 2013 9:30 AM
Mar 2012

Mar 31, 2013 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
ananchan said:
and yes, I think Chieri becomes important than Nagisa is because Chieri's voice actor is the real Watanabe Mayu, the new center after the real Acchan graduated from AKB48.

AKB48's center right now is Oshima Yuko, Mayuyu ranked second.

I really enjoyed the episode myself, unsolved mysteries and all. Though I for one kind-of expected Nagisa to succeed Acchan as soon as the whole succeeding process was introduced to us in the first season. That being said, despite her lack of airtime compared to Chieri in this season, I still considered Nagisa as the main character with Chieri as her rival to kind-of push Nagisa a bit.

I hope Chieri's focus really wasn't because of Mayuyu's immense popularity over Iwata Karen though. Oh idol politics!

I would scream if there was a third season! O:
Mar 31, 2013 9:49 AM
Jul 2009
redchlorofill said:

Yuuko won the last election but Mayuyu is performing as center of akb right now, though it's unofficial.

redchlorofill said:
I still considered Nagisa as the main character with Chieri as her rival to kind-of push Nagisa a bit.

Chieri wasn't a rival character. Rival characters are actively looking to compete with the MC. For example Yuuko was a rival character (rival to Acchan the 13th). Chieri, on the other hand, had her own storyline involving her father, which didn't have anything to do with Nagisa.

All in all, I think this is one of those rare series when you have two true MCs. Nagisa had her coming of age storyline about growing up into a proper idol who doesn't fear competing with her team-mates and so on. And Chieri had her own storyline about coming to terms with her popularity and confronting her father.

Both characters were MCs of their own particular stories.
Mar 31, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
1idd0kun said:
Yuuko won the last election but Mayuyu is performing as center of akb right now, though it's unofficial.

Ah! I wasn't aware! My idol-fan friends would be so disappointed in me. Haha. Hm.. that's so.. hm. Oops, gonna get into an AKB discussion if I keep it up! I digress!

I think you're absolutely right though, two main characters.. Doesn't happen very often like you said, probably why it didn't immediately click to me!
Mar 31, 2013 10:01 AM
Mar 2013
redchlorofill said:
ananchan said:

well...in the senbatsu general election, Yuko is truly a center (first place), but Akimoto sensei is actually making Mayuyu to be the center.

There was an interview with Mayuyu, and she admitted that she was meant to be the center of UZA, only because she couldn't dance well, so they change the center to Yuko and Jurina (double center)
And then, Muyuyu is now the center of the newest single - so long.

some people are saying she's gonna be the center for the 31st single as well
:o I'm not sure though...AKB48 didn't really anounce who is gonna be the new face of AKB48.

They only said that Mayuyu is one of the center of the AKB's new-generation.
Mar 31, 2013 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
Brilliant episode, loved every bit of it, i really hope theirs going to be another season... ;)

Mar 31, 2013 11:02 AM

Feb 2013
Hawksman said:
Brilliant episode, loved every bit of it, i really hope theirs going to be another season... ;)

it might have something it did say something at the end
Mar 31, 2013 11:48 AM
Feb 2012
AzureAlert said:

Soooo, when are we going to find out about Sensei Sensei!

Wasn't it explained that "he" is a giant dualium crystal that channels the emotions/conciousness/radiance of the rest of the galaxy?

That's why Tsubasa was thinking the dualium crystal with the Funghi was Sensei-Sensei, for whatever reason. She new all along, huh?
Mar 31, 2013 12:46 PM

Mar 2012
Nagisa! That's my girl! Hahaha
Well, that was quick. Still not clear what DES' intentions are. Or even who are they.

akbfan said:

Looks like they're about to get married. Haha.

Rayla said:
I now realize that Nagisa was of NO importance to this show whatsoever, for what reason was she the main character when, in the end, she is outshined by Chieri?

If it wasn't for this so called "idol politics," I bet Nagisa won't be outshined by anyone. But there won't be any thrill when you knew from the beginning who's gonna be who, right? Plus, I think they're planning the Nagisa-beats-Chieri plot on the sequel, I really hope so.

And yes, I think there's gonna be a third season. I mean come on, I bet a lot of people got to know AKB48 through this anime. I'm one of those.

As for Chieri, I have a feeling she's gonna make her own name? Like Chieri the 1st. That or a senbatsu who's not present yet? Like she could be Paruru the 9th? Might as well put the other favorites right? LOL

Just a thought, what if Mayuyu voiced Nagisa? Would there be any chance that Chieri will still be the Center Nova?

Even so, Mayuyu's my oshimen. I love her already. There's no need for more publicity. That and Mayuyu and Chieri aren't the same.
Mar 31, 2013 1:17 PM
Jul 2009
danmess said:
I think they're planning the Nagisa-beats-Chieri plot on the sequel,

I don't think there will be a sequel, but even if they do one, Nagisa can't possibly beat Chieri. Well, she might beat her in the General Elections, but the real top position is the Center Nova, and no one can take that from Chieri. The only way for her to lose the position would be to give it up (like Miichan did) or reach the peak of her powers and disappear (like Acchan the 13th).
Mar 31, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2012
I am one of those few who never felt like Nagisa was unimportant or not a main character. Dual main-character is a good way to look at it that I hadn't thought of.

it feels like idol politics already with people getting mad just because their favorite wasn't given 80-90% of the focus like most main characters, and blaming it on this and that.

Anyway,
danmess said:
Nagisa! That's my girl! Hahaha
Well, that was quick. Still not clear what DES' intentions are. Or even who are they.

akbfan said:

Looks like they're about to get married. Haha.

Totally lol
Mar 31, 2013 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
Blackbird said:

I have to agree that they leave some plot holes, who killed Chieri father and will the entertainment ban
will be lifted everywhere.

Chieri's father was assassinated by DGTO,, that was established pretty clearly in this and previous episode.

As for entertainment ban getting lifted everywhere: that's not plot hole, it was not in scope of this anime
Mar 31, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2011
1idd0kun said:
Spoiler (about Acchan the 14th and the Center Nova)

I was wondering about that, so she can become center nova without first succeeding??

Anyways yay I was so excited when Nagisa started glowing, and then they started calling her Acchan.

And wow yeah, Chieri is just simply amazing with her radiance, like you said time and space are a piece of cake to her. I Seriously thought that both Nagisa and Chieri would become Center NOva together..

So what happened to Yuuko? No longer center nova? or can they share the spotlight??

I really enjoyed this episode. Had to pause it in the middle cause i had to do something so that kind of ruined the excitement of the whole episode.
Oh well, i still loved it.

I am really hoping for a 3rd season, like please damn it! lol.
Mar 31, 2013 4:20 PM
Aug 2012
I don't think there will be a 3rd season because almost nobody knows the anime, that's a shame because its a great anime and I hope there will be a 3rd season because this season left me with a feeling that I want more but yeah, its just like I said almost nobody knows this anime.
Mar 31, 2013 4:59 PM
Mar 2012
00 in AKB0048 most likely refers to both the Star Calendar and the fact that Nagisa and Chieri sharing Position 0.
It's heavily hinted that understudies form their own subgroup (NO NAME) at the end of the series.
Sensei-Sensei looks like a dualium disc in a vinyl record player.

I just wish Nagisa's character development had been a little bit smoother. It felt like her resolve reset at the start of nearly every episode.
SailorMintMar 31, 2013 5:10 PM
Mar 31, 2013 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
amazing. I think i got that nameless feeling too. lol
Mar 31, 2013 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Excellent ending to the season. Nagisa becoming Acchan the 14th and Chieri becoming center nova without succeeding... epic!

Although I'm satisfied with the ending for this season... it doesn't feel like the anime is "wrapped up"... it was far too rushed for that. I hope they at least make a followup movie/ova/season to defeat DES, that's the only way I can consider the show finally "done".

... now I have to find a new anime to make me smile :(
Mar 31, 2013 9:49 PM

Nov 2010
redchlorofill said:
ananchan said:

I really enjoyed the episode myself, unsolved mysteries and all. Though I for one kind-of expected Nagisa to succeed Acchan as soon as the whole succeeding process was introduced to us in the first season. That being said, despite her lack of airtime compared to Chieri in this season, I still considered Nagisa as the main character with Chieri as her rival to kind-of push Nagisa a bit.

I hope Chieri's focus really wasn't because of Mayuyu's immense popularity over Iwata Karen though. Oh idol politics!

I would scream if there was a third season! O:

Karen's gonna get a push and should rank this year, but the problem is that management changed the election rules again. Makes you think of WWE, right?
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 31, 2013 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
I'm so happy for Nagisa. *sniff*

finally, after the long wait, she finally becomes the 14th Acchan.
Mar 31, 2013 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
COME LET US SING OF HOPE!

Another brilliant season 10/10
[center]
Apr 1, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
MoonxArtemis said:

I am really hoping for a 3rd season, like please damn it! lol.

U are not the only one...
sigh..
Apr 1, 2013 6:48 AM

Jan 2011
This was great, I like the plot in this show and how this is not just some brainless pieces of meat dancing around unlike some other shows. It's really well done, props to the director. Even with their budget they still produce something better than a lot of high-budget shows such as "Love Live!".
7/10, also updated the first season to 7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 1, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
They packed a lot of heart and effort into this episode, and they even went through the 1st OP, 2nd ED and 2nd OP in a row following the most wonderful song one can sing after a disaster "Kaze wa Fuiteiru". We know they will not beat DES and DGTO at the end, but they manage to get back to her base planet, and in the process, see the rebirth of an Acchan and a Center-Nova (I wonder how many would have guessed they would go to different persons), and we even caught a good glimpse of what being Center Nova in another space is like (and Yuko even managed to come back!). Although we still don't know who is Sensei-Sensei and the secret of Kirara is still a bit of a mystery, the show successfully conveys the key theme of sincerity, love of people, and passion of being an idol. And somehow the ending does not always go as unexpected (in a good way).

I still love "Love Live!" more because I just love the characters and art there more. But that does not mean I do not love AKB0048. I view AKB0048 highly, not least because I am a fan of the real AKB48 -- the way they carefully planted references and trivia of AKB48 into this is truly amazing. It's just "Love Live!" is too good ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 1, 2013 9:56 AM
Jan 2010
I don't get what's confusing about the main characters... =/
It's just like Sasuke Shippud--- uh-oops I meant, Naruto Shippuden. XD

Ok-ok, I just REALLY had to pull that one out. =P
Everyone already said everything so yeah.. ^^'
Apr 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, they really puled out all the stops on this ep! It's great news about Nagisa and Chieri's promotion and the info on the Center Novae were spilled too. I can't help but think that after working so hard only to be branded as 'NO NAME' is a little disappointing. Nevermind, when the understudies sang the OP song from the first season, I was so hyped! (I guess their previous songs still have more power compared to the OP and ED songs this time around).

It's a shame then, that overall I thought AKB's second season fell short compared to the first. I didn't feel the Kirara shining for the first half during Mimori's succession or the conflict between Chieri and her father, and what was up with the gorilla-chanting episode? I did enjoy the suspense during the elections and then Yuuko's powerful climb to the other dimension. I'm in favour of Nagisa's success and even took a liking to Takamina too.

It's a difficult second series which never really surpassed the first in my opinion. It wasn't until the end that it reminded me why I feel such passion for 0048 in the first place. 7/10. I'd love more Nagisa and AKB0048 in the future!
Apr 1, 2013 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
Dat Acchan's famous line!

actually kinda obvious that Nagisa is the next Acchan, just by looking at her hair style :p
even their ribbon spot is exactly same

IZUMI64Apr 1, 2013 3:39 PM
Apr 1, 2013 7:56 PM

Feb 2012
Anyone feel for Yuuka when she couldn't kiss the boy she loves?
Man, that hurt.

Anyway, while it kinda steered towards the cheesy "love conquers all," i still enjoyed this ending. Rushed, but entertaining.

The only thing that really bothered me this episode was Chieri's Center Nova mode. Looked like she just had an orgasm....very awkward facial expression.
VyudaliApr 1, 2013 8:01 PM
Apr 2, 2013 2:55 AM
Feb 2013
Rayla said:

Am I the only one disappointed that they didn't kiss?
Yeah, I understand that AKB aren't allowed to be in a relationship and all, but come on imma wanna see them smooch! >:U

I WAS REALLY ITCHING TO PUSH YUKA ONTO MAMORU :V IT WAS KILLING MEH
wishkas said:
Fortress400 said:
Does anyone believes that there will be a season 3 because I think that there might be one since that they left out few key details.

I would like to see that, even if it is a special or a movie, i would like to know how nagisa "changes" to becoming acchan, and perharps who chieri is going to succeed...

We still dont know who killed chieri's father (from what i understood from raw) and we dont know if the entertainment ban was suspended, who kanata is going to succeed (after all the drama between her and takamina the 5th...)

:/

I feel happy because it ended like this but sad because i want see them again.

And if they want to make a 3rd season, they should announce it like next stage was announced at the end of first stage...

as much as i want a third season, i think there won't be one ;-; mayuyu said in her blog something about akb0048, "one more episode...time goes fast"
and i'm afraid some seiyuu's have graduated, such as kumi yagami (sonata's seiyuu) i don't think she graduated yet, but she did announce her grauation.
1idd0kun said:
Blackbird said:

Yeah Chieri used some godlike power and jump like into time and space.

I thought the Center Nova was supposed to glow really bright and that's all, but watching Chieri pull off the god mode was definitely my favorite moment of the episode. I kinda wonder if she still can be considered human....

her seiyuu is an awesome cyborg, so i guess she surpasses cyborg? owo
akbfan said:

IKR OWO
Apr 2, 2013 5:32 AM

Mar 2010
This left me completely speechless. Chieri is my favourite character without question and I can't even say how amazing was teh fact that she became Center Nova without succeeding. The way I see it is that she became Chieri 1st, since she is part of the main group without getting a soul/name change. Nagisa's succeeding was also truly beautiful. The whole thing is beautiful and full of emotions. I just can't... I never get emotional while watching anime and I VERY rarely cried but this anime brought me to tears twice. This episode and 11th (but being ignored by parents in childhood is something I can relate to so it was more that than anything else).

Still, I think I need to rewatch this. Like NOW! I'm totally tempted to rate this 10. It's been a while since an anime left an emotional impact on me and that's the most important aspect of my 10. XD The only reason why I don't want to rate it is because I felt like there should be more of a conclusion than this. I mean, sure Nagisa becoming Acchan and Chieri CN is epic and all but wtf happened to Mariko's and Kanata's promise? What about the rest of the main girls? And Chieri's dad getting assassinated will be just left like that? What about DES and Sensei-sensei? Too many stuff left hanging... I want 3rd season. I NEED 3RD SEASON!!!! GIVE ME MY WEEKLY AKB0048 FIX DAMMIT!! I really want to rate this 10... Oh, well, I will, I might change it later anyway.
SuiNoByakkoApr 2, 2013 5:36 AM
Apr 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2013
What can i say? I love it!
This final episode was amaizing , already watched it twice.

ps: Need to edit it later... when i get home.
Apr 2, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2010
I'm a little more disgusted about some fandom hypocrites who say they love the show but hate the real-life idols.

Conversely left-of-field wota are very less interested, as they are more concerned about collecting ballots from singles for which to vote for their favorite girl.

From what I observe, there is indeed a very wide gap between wota and aniota, which may never be bridged as they're archenemies of each other. Which is why unlike Macross Frontier, domestically this show is having a hard time trying to sell itself to both supposed audiences, who are indeed insular in thinking.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 2, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Beautiful.

When the first OP theme began, oh my goodness... my tears were not ready for this finale. This series is beautiful. The best entertainment, all of it.
Apr 3, 2013 2:55 AM

Jan 2010
well they left it open for a continuation thats for sure...

still loved it
Apr 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Nov 2010
To be honest, the rest of winter season's titles are really wanting and so disposable that I asked myself if some of them are truly worth buying and keeping.

This show, along with GuP, and possibly Inferno Cop, are those I'll keep.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 4, 2013 3:05 AM
Feb 2013
soulassassin547 said:
I'm a little more disgusted about some fandom hypocrites who say they love the show but hate the real-life idols.

Conversely left-of-field wota are very less interested, as they are more concerned about collecting ballots from singles for which to vote for their favorite girl.

From what I observe, there is indeed a very wide gap between wota and aniota, which may never be bridged as they're archenemies of each other. Which is why unlike Macross Frontier, domestically this show is having a hard time trying to sell itself to both supposed audiences, who are indeed insular in thinking.

i was attracted to both anime and akb, and when i heard there would be an akb anime, it what fully turned me into an akb fan ._. i guess there's some hope for aniwota's?? mayu's 2.5 afterall owo
Apr 4, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2009
Waa :P I don't like it.
I don't like the result.. even though I was touched at the ending I was very disappointed because Chieri is the Center Nova and Nagisa become the next Acchan.. I don't really care who's going to be the nxt Acchan, what I care most is the Center Nova :P

What a big disappoint! What happened to the killer? Was the accident only the trigger to make Chieri become hopeless and sad? so that she will realize that it's better to sang and accept the reality..

And wait, why did Chieri didn't disappear? Did she fail on becoming the Center Nova? Remember what happened to green hair old woman.. she was going to be the center nova but she was scared..
Apr 4, 2013 10:05 AM
Jul 2009
Zel_Ezl said:
And wait, why did Chieri didn't disappear? Did she fail on becoming the Center Nova? Remember what happened to green hair old woman.. she was going to be the center nova but she was scared..

You're mixing things up. Allow me to explain things for you.

The journey of a Center Nova is framed by two events:

1) The moment a girl becomes Center Nova. This happens when the girl triggers the Center Nova phenomenon and opens the Gate of the Center Nova. This is what Chieri did in the last episode.

2) The moment the Center Nova disappears. When the Center Nova reaches the peak of her radiance and powers, which keep growing since the moment the girl became Center Nova, the Center Nova disappears. Miichan, the green haired old woman, got scared right before this happened to her, so she quits the group because she didn't want to disappear (she was afraid of it). Chieri still hasn't reached this point, but eventually she will, and since she isn't a coward, she will disappear for sure.

Normally these two moments are years apart, but there is the case of Yuuko, who became a Center Nova, and almost at the same time disappeared. But this was a especial case, and it was part of the reason Yuuko ultimately failed as Center Nova.

Hope this clarified things for you.
Apr 4, 2013 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I was definitely moved. All that lightshow and stuff. I'm glad I started this series.
Apr 5, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
this was bull how the hell did chieri became center while nagi didnt.thats unfair.i really hate chieri more than before always breaking the rules to accommodate her.somehow she feels like a fake i cant really explain it, but her character sucks and she just get things handed to her somehow i just dont like her at all.for the whole show she had the spot light and when nagi was to get a little airtime for herself she had to but in and became center i mean come on cant nagi get five mins for crying out loud .this sucks ass
Apr 6, 2013 7:13 AM
Jul 2009
hack5 said:
this was bull how the hell did chieri became center while nagi didnt.thats unfair

It's not unfair. There was more build-up during the entire series for Chieri to become Center Nova. Nagisa had been developed to become Acchan, and she became Acchan, so it's fair.

hack5 said:
i really hate chieri more than before always breaking the rules to accommodate her.

No rule was broken. No one ever said that you need to be a successor first to become Center Nova.

hack5 said:
somehow she feels like a fake i cant really explain it, but her character sucks and she just get things handed to her somehow

That's nonsense. She doesn't get anything handed to her. She works harder than anyone to achieve what she wants. She and Kanata are the only ones I've seen training at night, for instance. Nagisa never do that kinda thing.

hack5 said:
i just dont like her at all.for the whole show she had the spot light and when nagi was to get a little airtime for herself she had to but in and became center i mean come on cant nagi get five mins for crying out loud .this sucks ass

From the start of the series, Chieri was introduced as a girl with more talent and skills than anyone else. Of course Nagisa, who is more like a normal girl, wasn't going to overtake her anytime soon. That would be way too unrealistic.

The ending is a good compromise. Chieri became Center Nova become she's the most suited for the position. Nagisa became Acchan because she's pretty similar to Acchan.

It's time to deal with it already.
Apr 6, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
1idd0kun said:
Zel_Ezl said:

You're mixing things up. Allow me to explain things for you.

The journey of a Center Nova is framed by two events:

1) The moment a girl becomes Center Nova. This happens when the girl triggers the Center Nova phenomenon and opens the Gate of the Center Nova. This is what Chieri did in the last episode.

2) The moment the Center Nova disappears. When the Center Nova reaches the peak of her radiance and powers, which keep growing since the moment the girl became Center Nova, the Center Nova disappears. Miichan, the green haired old woman, got scared right before this happened to her, so she quits the group because she didn't want to disappear (she was afraid of it). Chieri still hasn't reached this point, but eventually she will, and since she isn't a coward, she will disappear for sure.

Normally these two moments are years apart, but there is the case of Yuuko, who became a Center Nova, and almost at the same time disappeared. But this was a especial case, and it was part of the reason Yuuko ultimately failed as Center Nova.

Hope this clarified things for you.

Yeah. I knew already about it. What I mean is all about the story, the script writer.. i mean in a different was.. Ugh, this is hard to explain. since I'm not good at explaining things ;/ but I will try.
Hmm, what I mean is that, maybe the script writer made Chieri's father got killed so that Chieri will become depressed and emotional but as the time goes on, she will learn that she needs to get stronger and face all the troubles and accept it. That's what the writer wants us to see so that it will lead us to think to the reason why Chieri will become the Center Nova.. umm, did u get it? hehe ;X
and I want to explain more but I'm tired and the series has ended so i think this is pointless. I'm just so disappointed about why Nagisa didn't become the center nova and I was so shocked when she become the successor of Acchan..
Apr 6, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2009
1idd0kun said:
hack5 said:
this was bull how the hell did chieri became center while nagi didnt.thats unfair

It's not unfair. There was more build-up during the entire series for Chieri to become Center Nova. Nagisa had been developed to become Acchan, and she became Acchan, so it's fair.

hack5 said:
i really hate chieri more than before always breaking the rules to accommodate her.

No rule was broken. No one ever said that you need to be a successor first to become Center Nova.

hack5 said:
somehow she feels like a fake i cant really explain it, but her character sucks and she just get things handed to her somehow

That's nonsense. She doesn't get anything handed to her. She works harder than anyone to achieve what she wants. She and Kanata are the only ones I've seen training at night, for instance. Nagisa never do that kinda thing.

hack5 said:
i just dont like her at all.for the whole show she had the spot light and when nagi was to get a little airtime for herself she had to but in and became center i mean come on cant nagi get five mins for crying out loud .this sucks ass

From the start of the series, Chieri was introduced as a girl with more talent and skills than anyone else. Of course Nagisa, who is more like a normal girl, wasn't going to overtake her anytime soon. That would be way too unrealistic.

The ending is a good compromise. Chieri became Center Nova become she's the most suited for the position. Nagisa became Acchan because she's pretty similar to Acchan.

It's time to deal with it already.

I'm favor for what hack5 said "i just dont like her at all.for the whole show she had the spot light and when nagi was to get a little airtime for herself she had to but in and became center i mean come on cant nagi get five mins for crying out loud .this sucks ass.

It is really true!
Apr 6, 2013 10:48 AM
Jul 2009
Zel_Ezl said:
It is really true!

But that's because they were building Nagisa to be the new Acchan. Acchan isn't a girl who stands out or anything like that, so it fits that Nagisa never had as much spotlight as Chieri (she still had a lot more than the other girls though).

I think you guys are letting your bias blinds you to what the staff were trying to accomplish with Nagisa and Chieri. But that's not a problem with the series. The problem is your expectations.
1idd0kunApr 6, 2013 10:52 AM
Apr 6, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
I prefer think that they are double center... at least in some musics or during they perfomance with NONAME. Nagisa is more radiant than any other kenkyusei, and a bit less than chieri... She is on her way to become an center nova...

To be Acchan is some special, i think its a position that give to an successor some more radiance than any other name... thats why they call her ' the successor of a godess.'

I would like to watch a movie where chieri disappears and nagisa becomes one...

I liked to listen nagisa singing alone in some parts of last episode, we almost never listened her alone...
sigh..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

80 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

70 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:12 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

93 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.