Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2012 11:19 AM

May 2012
^ Not that "she's the most dangarous character evvverrrrrrrr" But i have A FEELING, she may become one of my favorites as the series goes on... If she's as crazy as i think she is
Oct 10, 2012 11:50 AM

Jan 2012
Finally here! Though nothing significant happened in this first episode (not like the super explosive ep of the 1st season) I see something interesting in next episode.

Hex seems to be loco a lot too XD

Oct 10, 2012 12:44 PM
Aug 2011
Lehm isn't listed as a MC this season.
I really hope that doesn't mean he isn't going to last long is part 2. Awesome dude in awesome.
Oct 10, 2012 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
Sweet. So glad to see this back. Loved the first season. No action this time but im betting there will be plenty soon...and hex is...wow. Did not expect that at all. I was more a karen fan but hes is in second place now. Good to see jonah again. Cant wait to see more kid soldier badness.
Woot!
Oct 10, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
Great continuation of the series :P and with an new engrish opening and the classical "Her name is Koko and she's loco" ending its like the first season never ended :P
Oct 10, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
Fucking loved it. Hex reminds me of a much more saner & modern version of Illythia from Spartacus.Hex seems like the coolest antagonist of the series so far. Better than Chinatsu IMO.

The OP is not nearly as good as first season's OP. Really expected more coming from the artist who sung the godly ED for Hellsing: Ultimate OVA 9. The current OP is still good though.
Oct 10, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2010
While it wasn't a big thing i was kinda hoping Hex would result to torture over being a whore to get information, just would have made a better image as a ruthless antagonist than someone who would do anyone for info, well w/e she is still easily the best antagonist this series has had so far.
Oct 10, 2012 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
ITS BACK ITS BACK ITS BACK!!!!!!!!
Oct 10, 2012 6:49 PM
Sep 2012
darkmar7 said:
Hell Yea. Enough said. Her name is Koko she is Loco, I said Oh No. Love the first season and expecting this one to be even better
Hell yeah! I missed that line at the end of every episode.

Glad it's finally back.
Oct 10, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
Koko the arms dealer is back :D the new OP is Good but still not ace as Borderland Koko still loco but Hex loco too looking forward to the second episode 5/5
Oct 10, 2012 8:09 PM

Sep 2010
Yes so glad this anime is back, the wait wasn't even that long which is nice. Looking forward to new arcs, looking to be better than the first season!
Oct 10, 2012 9:08 PM

Oct 2010
Love you Koko!!!! :3
Oct 10, 2012 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
I hope someone starts to make Jormungand figures..... specifically a Valmet bikini version!! =P
Oct 10, 2012 9:56 PM
May 2009
Im starting to wonder if Koko is using Jonah as her conscience. Here's my reasoning

Koko hits her breaking point after losing her first bodyguard (the one R replaces)

She develops her plan for so called "world peace" (has to do with rocket launch given Jonah's inference)

As her plan develops, she slowly realizes the ramifications of what she is doing and who she is becoming. This is justified by R's comment about Koko being startled when called a dragon in season one.

Koko becomes split. Torn between her original intentions of carrying out her plan and stopping part way through to stay human (think Lelouch from Code Geass after the Battle of Narita)

Koko's way of coping with these conflicting feelings is through Jonah. She believes that Jonah's child innocence will keep her human despite her plan turning her into a monster. In other words, Jonah will prevent her from becoming a monster so she does not have to worry about losing herself while she carries out her plans. This would explain Jonah's importance to Koko.
Oct 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Dec 2011
Yeah! Koko and the crew are back!

Damn. I wanna know now what is the nasty plot going on between Dr. Minami and Koko.

Love the rage face of Karen and Valmet.

Also, love the new woman, Hex.
Using her body to get information. Just can't help but love her.
Cannot wait for her to battle it out with Koko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2012 10:29 PM
Aug 2011
Koko, Valmet, and Jonah, it's so nice to see you again.
We've got a another badass woman to watch out for.
They kept the Koko Loco preview song too <3
Oct 10, 2012 11:27 PM

Jan 2011
Going to be a legit second season for sure.

Glad they kept loco Koko for the PVs
Oct 10, 2012 11:31 PM

Jan 2012
Hex is awesome and dangerous.

I liked dialogue and scenes this episode along with the new tracks in the OST(including the ending theme) a lot.

I honestly didn't expect the first episode to be this good.
Oct 11, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2010
That scene w/ Sex *ahem* Hex-- WTF!? For a CIA operative (or whosoever's in on the intel/operation) that dude sure talks way too fast! Man, savor the moment-- let the bitch do some actual work! XD

I'd say enough w/ the subtlety. Give me the bloodbath that I signed up watching this series for. Either Koko croaks or the whole world. I wouldn't settle for less.

@Lil_Wayne

Props to you and your theory, but I believe Koko is merely grooming/educating/whitewashing Jonah as she has much bigger plans in store for him rather than a mere bodyguard cum conscience/savior. Also, she's already a monster as it is-- I just can't imagine she's that stupid to even think she still can be saved.
a1onerOct 11, 2012 9:02 AM
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Oct 11, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
S2 is amazingly badass.
Oct 11, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
it was ok.
Oct 11, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, that opening is superb. Can't wait the single.

Glad to see loco Koko back. Really missed her and her crew. And Hex is more loco than Koko. NICE.
Oct 11, 2012 11:45 PM

Aug 2010
A bit heavy on exposition, but definitely had a few nice moments (Hex especially, she overshadowed R by a mile). I laughed when I heard the preview song, good thing they didn't change that. 4/5 hoping for quite some action this season as well.
Oct 12, 2012 3:54 AM
Nov 2011
Whoa, that was intriguing. I'm having high expectations from this, at least.
Oct 12, 2012 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
Geez, am I the only male that found Hex lame? xD
Oct 12, 2012 5:07 AM

Jul 2011
Koko's design seems to have changed...

Jonah the next target ?
Oct 12, 2012 8:03 AM
Feb 2012
Hex caught my interest.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 12, 2012 10:00 AM

Jan 2012
*Unzips pants*

Ahem.
I thought Hex and Chinatsu "Commando girl" from last season looked alike a bit.
Oct 12, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Hex has that hot Bod lol I would never fuck with her.
Glad the show is back, loving the OST again already and of course Koko is still LOCO
Oct 12, 2012 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
This was a really good opening episode, introducing what appears to be an excellent antagonist in Hex, while also familiarizing the story and characters once again.

Koko and Jonah are terrific characters, and, as such, their interactions remain the strongest element of the show. The brief moment in which Jonah speculated on what Minami and Koko were discussing, while also mentioning how they appeared distinctly threatening and sinister was the best sequence of the episode. It will be interesting to see how significant that bit of foreshadowing will result in being as the story progresses, since it could certainly signify the potential for a direct conflict to arise between Jonah and Koko.

The music, as always, was superb. The OP was pretty great. The ED was decent, but nowhere close to the brilliance of the previous one.

All in all, Jormungand continues with a very good introductory episode, and I'm really looking forward to the involvement of the remaining cast and the development of narrative, as it's thoroughly intriguing.
Oct 12, 2012 10:49 PM

Dec 2008
Hex is freaking hot + has no morals=super dangerous---->Jormungand even more epic now

(sort of remided me of roberta in black lagoon roberta's blood trail)
Oct 13, 2012 9:04 AM
May 2012
Whew, looks like Hex is a tough one. Interested to see what's gonna happen.
Oct 13, 2012 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
Giggity giggity. Dat hex!
Oct 13, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Back with a Bang

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 15, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
Anyone know the song that played during the rocket launch?
"So you're saying that something someone besides me has to say could have meaning?" - Excalibur (Soul Eater)

"We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."
Oct 17, 2012 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
Munsu said:
Anyone know the song that played during the rocket launch?

It's suppose to be a French rap song, as noted in gg's translation notes here. I guess will have to wait for the OST to clarify the title (if it's included).

Anyway.. ah poor Karen. At least she works for Dr.Minami now, and the professor sure talks fast a lot. I laughed so hard when she met Karen, and Karen could even make a reply when she began talking. It's understandable though since she's obviously depressed about the events last season. Dr.Minami's ninja plush toy reminded me so much of Bonta-kun from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, he's cute but he's also armed and he'll kick you ass! LOL

HCLI should probably do NASA contracts too seeing they've got good records on space delivery as well but I guess it's more lucrative on the shady, black market side. XD

So R is really an active CIA double agent? I know it was already shown explicitly last season but I didn't know he was that deep. I get the feeling he'll be offed somehow in the future. X_X

The new OP and ED will take sometime getting used too, since my head automatically replaced the OP with "Borderlands".XD I'm glad the music for the preview is still the same, I missed it. "Her name is Koko, she is loco! I said oh no!" LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 17, 2012 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
Looks like it's getting serious and grim with this season
Dr. Miami is even weirder than Koko
Recruiting Karen seemed odd as well I thought she would join Hex to take re revenge
It's interesting with R's part in this
Oct 19, 2012 12:47 AM

Mar 2008
Can't wait for them to come after Jonah...!
Oct 19, 2012 7:14 AM

Apr 2012
Aaaaaand finally Hex is introduced! Damn I've been looking forward to her appearance!

To be honest, I would actually love to see her catch Koko, because I want to see how Koko would react in such a situation. I mean, the woman seems pretty fearless (though it might be a mask?), and so far she hasn't shown any signs of feeling threatened despite the countless life-and-death situations they end up in.

Also, I miss the old OP, it was more catchy :<
Oct 21, 2012 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
Must all of the women in this show be so loco?!

They are all hot, smart, and crazy...I love this show.
Oct 21, 2012 7:59 AM

Jan 2011
Great first episode for the second season.
It seems that this season (current arc) will be a lot more interesting than the first season('s arcs).
Next episode will have action so I'm looking forward to more.
Zee530 said:
Back with a Bang

Indeed.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 13, 2012 12:52 PM

Oct 2009
Dat Hex, nice start; OP&ED aren't as great as S1 but still good ;)
Nov 26, 2012 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
Oh! yeah Coco loco is back and as crazy and dange3rus as ever along with a new enemy that seems to be every bit as scary as her.
I swear the women in this show are more like dangerous snakes than women.

Well the new OP is decent enough with nice scenes although the song can't compete with Borderland at all.

Anyway so why is this Hex woman so keen on taking Koko's head even if it means going against another powerful officer of her own organization(CIA).
Are we now gonna have inside CIA battles between officers with deferment agendas?
Btw, Hex's last words about breaking something that will make Koko feel hurt and then the camera ending in Johan seems ominous for his future. Dying is not an option since his a main but i suspect a lot of hard times ahead. Or maybe she will simply turn him against Koko. I guess that will hurt her the most.

Oh yeah! We also finally learned what Jormungand really is. That satellite network.

BatoKusanagi said:

Venneria said:
Koko is back!, Its one word per cloths idiot. how are you gonne strip someone if you say everything out all that fast?

Haha I was thinking the same. What a waste. But the guy probably didn't know if to pee his pants or take them off. Hex is as scary as she's hot.

War_lothar said:
BossLuffy said:

Don't become a whore just to gain some informmation...geez...

Anyway I'm too attached to K and Code Breaker. lol.
Temporary DROP for me.
As for the episode it self 4/5.

She doesn't become a whore, she is a whore, is different :P . No ethics, and no morality to torturing and murdering to get information and you think that she has a problem with sex to get information... Torturing is dirtier and unworthy than getting information with sex so far.

I don't think she even needed to take a single piece of cloth off considering how scared that guy was of her. She probably did it just for the hell of it, she probably just felt like teasing him.
Jan 16, 2013 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
Man, good episode to start off season 2. :)
Jan 21, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
very good first episode, fine preparation for the following ^^

can't wait for what's coming
Jan 23, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2012
aaaah.... finally I get around to seeing season 2 of Jormungand, and the first episode hasn't disappointed at all... not a lot of action just kinda bedding us in, and I liked that... Hex is psycho but damn sexy, that body...... OOFT! ;) more of that please haha

also, opening theme was awesome... not very often I even listen to the OP fully anyway and I did with this one!
Apr 17, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Nice first, second season, episode. Hex is loco too :))
Apr 28, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2012
Very great episode!
Karen joins Koko's group
R is Koko's bodyguard. Cool will be interesting of him.
That guy felt for it by Hex. Damn she is good! Can't wait what she will be doing.
Op is awesome. Maon sings very well! Loved the ed!
Dang Johan grew some inch. And the eye patch girl gain some mucles even more 0.o
5/5 This season will be great!
Apr 28, 2013 10:11 AM
Jul 2012
rishardew said:
I remember watching something about R and the CIA during the first season, can someone tell me which episode was that?

last season episode 12
Jun 22, 2013 3:25 PM
Feb 2009
I want to have sex with Hex :P
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2012

233 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 10, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2012

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 9, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2012

175 by Karva1 »»
Apr 28, 7:01 PM

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM

» Such a bad ending!

Error_inscript - Apr 5, 2018

7 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 2:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.