Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2008 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
restivesilence said:
Some anorexic person had to have created this show, because it sure seemed like they were starving for food.

Sounds more like an anorexic loli figurine collecting otaku turned hack manga artist creating the series. Oh wait! He has to be anorexic, because he spent all that money of those creepy figurines instead. :)
removed-userSep 18, 2008 9:56 PM
Sep 19, 2008 12:22 AM

Dec 2007
I'm don't hate LS, just generally dislike it. No problem with randomness but I just don't find it funny at all.

Like the first episode, about the chocolate cocklooking thing, just eat the damn thing already -.-
Sep 19, 2008 12:58 AM

Jan 2008
Makaiohi said:
Sounds more like an anorexic loli figurine collecting otaku turned hack manga artist creating the series. Oh wait! He has to be anorexic, because he spent all that money of those creepy figurines instead. :)

Haha... of course. What was I thinking? A poor starving mangaka/otaku... it all makes sense now.

Sep 19, 2008 6:31 AM

Sep 2007
Lucky Star was nothing more than an advertisement for Haruhi Season 2.
Sep 19, 2008 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
Well i like more the loli kind of woman but still it doesnt matter
loli or not lucky star is lucky star and that makes it the worst :D

I have it a 2 and not a 1 cause of .... there were a few "good" stuff... in all those chapters... you can save... less than 5 minutes... as something good...
Sep 19, 2008 12:27 PM

Dec 2007
I hate the fact that every character, even the bloody teacher, all look about 7. Second thing I hate about it is Konata.
Sep 19, 2008 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
I tend to hate parody/reference shows in general since they lack any original material, and thus, any creativity, but Lucky Star really takes the cake and throws it in my face.

"Look! It referenced Full Metal Panic! LMAO XD"
"Oh! A Hare Hare Yukai parody. This is most definitely good comedy"
"Even though I'm not Japanese or live in Japan, I can definitely relate to this. It is soooooooooooo relevant!"
Sep 20, 2008 1:42 PM

Mar 2008
Moeblob animation, generic character design, retarded fanbase, obvious fan-pandering, lack of general coherency, and the fact that it's a comedy, but it's NOT FUNNY. Yes, I understand the jokes, but are they funny? No.
Sep 21, 2008 7:31 AM

Dec 2007
Also, the stupid ending sequnces where Konata sings songs from other anime series in her really annoying voice.
Sep 21, 2008 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
^ Yeah, that hurts my ears
Sep 21, 2008 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
AND this is boring.. why would anyone ant to wtach that?!
Sep 21, 2008 8:18 PM
May 2008
i'm a sucker for comedy/parody anime, but LS phail to meet me requirements

the plot - wait. there is no plot. Gintama has no real plot but not as bland as LS

the op - it's like hearing crazy ass chipmunks on crackz, singing dancing... stupid.

the chara design - like you all said, 17 (wtf?), but you are even smaller than the average japanese pre-schoolers? unless you're a lolicon, that can be considered as "good design" i think. and the stupid colored hair? blue? pink? to match with your school uniforms? lame.

most importantly

the crazy ass fanz - self-explanatoy

seriously, if i need to watch a plotless anime, i'd go for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or Gintama. if i want lolis and parodies, i'd watch Pani Poni Dash. at least they are 1643627x better than LS
Sep 25, 2008 5:10 AM

Jun 2008
Tokunaga said:
Absolutely no plot at all. I tried watching it, I really did! But I just couldn't do it.

Same here. I honestly tried watching the show with an open mind, hoping that it would be funny in some way. I liked the character designs (although, the fact that they were 17 and looked 7 was kind of weird to me) and I also liked the opening, as annoying as it is, but I just couldn't like the show itself. It was so boring! D= I watched the first episode hoping for <i>something</i> to happen, and nothing did! I tried watching other episodes too, English dubbed and Japanese, and the same thing happened with those.

I also tried the manga, and of course that failed. =/
Sep 27, 2008 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
I watched only 3 eps

-i hate the art style
-hate the characters
-it so ANNOYING
-and rly BORING

Just, dont like it=
Sep 27, 2008 8:53 AM

May 2007
Actually, the first three or so episodes are REALLY bad, and they had to fire the director. So it goes from being really bad to just bad.
Sep 29, 2008 12:39 PM

May 2008
already drop it after watching the first ep, but when i heard this series rawks~ (in the forum where i usually hang out) i try to watch it again and forced myself to like it... in the end, drop it again after ep 6 and swear myself wont touch it animoar! it just tOOoo boring, no development and obviously like a children shows...
Sep 29, 2008 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
Hey guys, don't generalise. There are lolicons who hate the Lucky Star character designs, too. (Namely myself. You could say I'm a more refined lolicon.) I kind of liked the opening song, but that was the only part.
Oct 1, 2008 6:05 AM

May 2008
well, i dont really dislike the characters... i just hate how the story moving and makes the character infuriating and dull...
Oct 1, 2008 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
Don't hate the show so much as I think it is overrated... a lot.
Oct 3, 2008 5:05 AM
Jan 2008
I thought it was mildly amusing... thought the intro was awesome ^_^ Music was cool to, but the fact that there is no plot... I watched 4 episodes in which I spent most of the time asking myself why I was watching the damn show while I reassured myself it would be over soon and I would get to see the intro again :}

Apart from the fact there is no plot or direction, and the characters look like they are 8 year olds, and the humour is extremely pointless and more just observations, it aint.. wait wut... : |
Oct 7, 2008 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
people said it had cute girls in it so I watched it but the girls were not cute. they were just annoying
Oct 7, 2008 1:10 PM

Dec 2007
Actually I thought that Tsukasa/Tsubasa was cute, but in the way a kitten or a baby is called cute.
Oct 7, 2008 1:22 PM

Sep 2007
Its fans!!! It would be nothing if the fans didn't try to throw it in your face like its best thing ever made in the history of time...
Oct 8, 2008 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
oh, and those 4 girls are suppposed to be the main characters, and this anime is supposed to focus on all the characters, but its sooooooooooooooo obvious that konata is the main character!!!
the situaions that the anime shows try to make her look the best, and the way she always laugh about the other characters, it looks like shes better than them, even though shes the stupidest. shes the worst.
heh.. i cant decide what character i hate the most in luckt star... i love kagami, though.
Oct 26, 2008 2:55 AM
Jul 2008
Lots of reasons, really. I can't really name just one (ugly characters, bad music, terrible animation, the stupid opening theme, crap characters aside from Kagami and MAYBE Konata, over-reliance on pop culture references, etc.), but that one that really stood out to me was the Haruhi scene in episode 16. THAT scene, that one 3 or 4 minute scene, turned me off from watching any further installments of the show that weren't part of Lucky Channel (which are much better than the actual show). I remember a lot of Haruhi fanboys thinking how funny that scene was, but I saw it as complete pandering to the highest degree from Kyoto Animation. Congratulations, guys: your series has as much substance as the worst episodes of Family Guy! You must be so proud.
Oct 26, 2008 9:50 AM

Jan 2008
Things I hate:
The fact that the only part of the show that isn't extremely boring is also the shortest part.
The sucky ass main characters.
The references being useless and lacking in any amusement.
Konatards.
Annoyingly catchy intro despite it also being shit. Hate getting crappy songs in my head, it's just a pain in the ass.
The character designs and art style used.
Complete unimaginativeness.
Lack of any plot at all.
Forced humour.
Attempting to include the occational 'sad' scene to help you sympathise with the characters.
Things I like:
Akira Kogami.
Lucky Channel.
Overall conclusion
7/10 for Lucky Channel.
1/10 for Lucky Star.
Oct 26, 2008 7:01 PM

May 2007
Seasonreaper said:
Things I like:
Akira Kogami.
Lucky Channel.

I was always so relieved to see Akira because it meant I had gotten through yet another terrible episode alive.
Oct 27, 2008 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
youre good... im still trying to watch lucky star and give up after 5 minutes of an episode.
Oct 27, 2008 9:42 AM
Jul 2008
What's funny about Akira is that she's supposedly the most pandering character in the series, but she's one of the few tolerable characters in the cast. I liked Minoru as well, and I got a laugh out of the Lucky Channel segment where he flipped out and destroyed the set. Don't remember what the other 22 minutes of that episode were about, though (and for good reason).
Oct 27, 2008 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Lucky Channel was the only good thing about LS right until about halfway through the show. The humor started to become repetitive and stupid; even Akira started to become a less than tolerable character. Once you become used to her Jekyll/Hyde personality, there really isn't much to her that's remotely memorable. I never really liked Minoru as he just serves more as a punching bag than comedic relief.
Nov 10, 2008 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
For me this anime is overrated, that's why I don't like it. There is too much another overrated anime - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu! Plus characters, graphics and music...
Nov 12, 2008 4:01 PM
Jun 2008
I don't like it because it's not funny at all and gets boring very fast.
Nov 26, 2008 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
WHAT??? There supposed to be 17??? I thought they were all like 13... or 14 in High School!

The story has no plot.

The eyes. THE EYES MAN!!! LITTLE SQUINTY EYES???!!!

There very short and they do nothing... and its not cute!

What is the point???

I don't hate Lucky Star but I don't like it!
Dec 1, 2008 3:53 AM

Nov 2008
I tried so hard to watch it, it was so popular as well. Episode 1: Talk about food for more than half of the show. Gave up, watching it again after 3 months and now I can't get further than episode 10, I think I'll fall asleep otherwise.
Dec 1, 2008 4:11 AM
Sep 2008
they talk too much
Dec 8, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
The main things I hate about it are:
1. Art is not very good.
2. All they do is talk - First episode was torture.
3. No action, no romance, no plot... how did it become popular?
4. Tried watching it, it definately did not become any better.
Dec 22, 2008 9:11 PM

Nov 2008
I usually feel guilty about dropping anime (I'm a completionist). Not so with Raki Shit. This show is such an ungodly disgrace to anime and well... everything that I couldn't care less that I'll never finish this. The art is awful, the jokes suck, everything is just a blackhole of quality.
Dec 23, 2008 5:26 PM
May 2008
catlola said:
they talk too much

exactly.
Dec 31, 2008 4:27 PM

Aug 2008
littlemitsuki said:
WHAT??? There supposed to be 17??? I thought they were all like 13... or 14 in High School!

That's what I thought. I was pretty sure they were like, in Elementary.
Jan 4, 2009 5:23 PM
Nov 2007
watching lucky star is just another form of torture.... i don't understand whats so "funny" about it.
Jan 5, 2009 7:40 PM

Jan 2009
What do I hate the most about Lucky Shit?

It not being funny, and people saying it is funny.
In vino veritas.
Jan 29, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
That the 17-year olds look like 5-year olds. Making hentai-fanart of Lucky Star legal. ):
Feb 1, 2009 5:17 PM

Dec 2008
The problem I have with Lucky Star is, in my opinion, it's decent enough. Yeah them being 17 and looking a hell of a lot younger is weird. Yeah the jokes aren't that funny and get repetitive - especially if you're not a self-professed 'otaku.' Yeah there's really no plot and it's pretty much pointless. I can still admit that I can live through the episodes and will finish the series. What I don't get is, who in the hell decided it was the best anime ever? It's not THAT good. It's average and completly aimed at lolicons and 'otaku' who will get the jokes. Not that there's anything wrong with the two (I'm a total shotacon myself) but in no way should it be hailed as amazing by such a broad audience. I like the show but I find it to be massively overrated.

Oh and the fans need to shut up, if Lucky Star is in your favorites you obviously haven't seen a good anime.
Feb 1, 2009 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
maykipz said:
(I'm a total shotacon myself)

:-D *high five*

maykipz said:
Oh and the fans need to shut up, if Lucky Star is in your favorites you obviously haven't seen a good anime.

QFT.

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Feb 3, 2009 10:50 PM

Nov 2008
They don't even move. All they do is go flap flap flap flap.... with their mouths. Thats why the series is so cheap they moved like 1 foot an episode.
Feb 4, 2009 4:55 AM

Jul 2008
maykipz said:

I disagree, having something in favorite doesn't mean that it's the best thing you watched but the thing you liked the most, and taste (even if they are as weird as liking Lucky star) can't be argued.

It's not because you find a show bad that all argument against it are valid, when I see a startards-hater arguing sometime I wonder why it isn't a startards himself.

Personnaly I find the show bad to decent, the huge fanbase is sad as well.
All that attention to a show we should restrain of talking about.
Apr 29, 2009 4:04 PM

Oct 2008
lame jokes...lame characters... and boring conversations.
Jun 26, 2009 6:37 AM
Dec 2008
Nothing.

Except Lucky Chanel , yeah I also enjoyed that part. I'm also not hyped these weeks for anime because I want to finish Lucky Fail first. And also most of the time I watching it and being annoyed by the anime..but I just want to finish it.

And also when they shout ''Lucky Star'' 2 times of each episode I always shout ''Lucky Fail''

Jul 20, 2009 4:32 AM

May 2009
Well... a lot of things.

As it has been mentioned several times in this thread: the directionlessness, the brainwashed lolicon fanbase, the awful failing-miserably-at-trying-to-be-cute art, the opening theme (I must admit that it's catchy, but that doesn't make it good) et cetera.

Out of everything already mentioned, there are two things I especially find distasteful: the awfully immature-looking characters and the fans.

I was disturbed when I found out that the characters are supposed to be 17. Seriously? 17? You've got to be kidding me. Fate Testarossa from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha is 9 and even she looks more mature than those girls. You don't make a 17 year old look like she's 6, it's just plain wrong. (Again, compared to Nanoha or Fate, even 10 seems pretty high for me). I've wished I had a gun many times when my Startard friends start babbling about how character X from LS is hot. As Rena stated it: Faye and Revy are hot, LS girls and their miserably failed attempts at being moe are not.

And the fans... yes. Lucky Star is a bad series, and the fans are only making it worse. I understand that they like LS, and I'm fine with it. That is until they start blabbering about how I'm a bad person and rubbing self-made Konata keychains in my face asking me "Isn't she cute?" No, she's not cute, please put it away. I respect the fact that they like LS, so why can't they respect the fact that I don't? As far as I'm concerned they can fap to Konata all they want. Just don't come rubbing it in my face, that's when I get highly irritated.

To sum it up, let me quote a friend of mine:
"Lucky Star is a series about cute girls doing cute things in a cute way."
My response:
"WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!"
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» anyone here who likes the show but think its overrated

boa555 - Feb 19, 2017

0 by boa555 »»
Feb 19, 2017 10:07 PM

» In your opinion, what is the most overrated anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Paki - Aug 27, 2008

102 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 18, 2015 7:31 AM

» Stupidest thing a LS fan has said about LS ( 1 2 3 )

hirahira - Jul 29, 2008

125 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 18, 2015 7:26 AM

Poll: » Which Lucky Star character do you hate most?

hirahira - Jul 28, 2008

43 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 17, 2013 4:34 AM

» Anti-Lucky Shit pics.

RenaPsychoKiller - Nov 22, 2008

9 by DeletedAccount_ »»
May 15, 2013 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.