Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2011 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
Such an abysmal and cliched world domination plan. Oh well I've usually ignored the reasons for fighting in shounen anime and just enjoyed the fights themselves anyway.
Apr 2, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
Yup its always a cliche domination plan, but isn't that always the purpose of the enemy?
Anyways, I think sakura's an idiot, although she has good intentions..
Apr 2, 2011 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
You guys are expecting too much.

"Meaning of Life" is a wayyyyy too grand of a subject to be tackled in it's entirety on a shounen (most kids would be brain dead by the end of it... just look at what Evangelion's original ending did ¬¬).

With this in mind, at least most shows these days drift away from the "because I want more power formula" and makes the antagonists seek for either peace, or utopia, or revenge, or all at once. The fact that Madara is going with a coherent plot (as in, he is using the pre established concepts of his sharingan instead of sheer overpowering stuff with the tailed beats) AND giving his opponents a coherent and somewhat philosophical explanation behind it (MUCH MUCH better than on a ton of good anime like Code Geass for instance) already make it decent enough of a plot in my book.

Off course, he could always be seeking to cure his wife's terminal cancer, or publish his life long novel, or try to reconcile his failed marriage, or try to speak with his long gone soon, or maybe find an ancient relic that would unveil the mysteries behind life itself..... but honestly, those motifs wouldn't entice much in terms of a "war" now would they?! ¬¬
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
Apr 2, 2011 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't see if this question was asked already, but is Kankuro's puppet Sasori?! O.o Did I see right?

Overall a great episode, but me knowing what would happen sort of reduced my enjoyment, so I have stopped with the manga and in a few eps I will be unaware of the plot again! yay xD
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 2, 2011 7:16 PM

Sep 2010
5/5 episode, can't wait for Killer Bee vs. Kisame.
Seriously guys, Naruto Shippuden is not as bad as everyone thinks, you gotta be patient because the show gets better as time goes on. We need to make Naruto Shippuden's score to be higher than Bleach. I don't know why people said that Bleach is better. I watch both shows, in my opinion, Naruto Shippuden have a better plot than Bleach and Madara is a better villain than "know-it-all" Aizen.
Apr 2, 2011 9:09 PM

Apr 2010
JusticeUndone said:
I didn't see if this question was asked already, but is Kankuro's puppet Sasori?! O.o Did I see right?

Yeah he is using Sasori as his puppet, pretty dam badass xD
Apr 3, 2011 5:00 AM

Jun 2008
Deidara413 said:
Did anyone else find Kankuro and Temari's constant smiles stupid? -.-

Yeah lol, the director over did it with showing those reactions making them look stupid.

Many say Madara's plan is just another domination plan and although in the end resold really is in a way, he is not really doing it for that and he doesn't see himself as trying to rule the world. It's just his way of creating a better peaceful world but since his the villain his way isn't exactly ideal.
He really sees it as the way for eternal piece so that's why he actually thought that speaking to the kages actually made sense and that there was a possibility they even may agree with him.
It also explains why Pain followed him.
Personally i find that better than: "hahaha i have no reason i just do shit because am the main bad guy". For someone relatively smart as him it would have looked even worse. His twisted ideas match quite well with someone that lived so long in a rather dark world.
Apr 3, 2011 5:15 AM

Mar 2009
Naruto is getting epic. can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 4, 2011 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
I can't wait for the war! and sakura can fuck off with her manipulative lies, naruxhina all the way :3
Apr 4, 2011 4:44 PM
Jun 2010
711 said:
@blacksheep_44

His plan is a fair one, you can't get more "domination" than ruling everyone's free will, I mean, if Lelouch and Kira had a similar plan you know you can't go wrong ¬¬ (is this a spoiler?! I am confused!)

Also, back then (when he was trying to take over the village) he was trying to unify the world as well, just with a shittier plan that got defused pretty quick.

Wait what? I dont remember lelouch trying to brainwash everyone. Lelouch was actually trying to unite the world through war. By giving the world a common enemy (himself) he united them. Mandara could be doing something simular and if that is the case he would be the most amazing villain ever... O.o please put spoiler tags i would hate for anyone to have it ruined for them xD
Apr 6, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
I.....am......hooked! Hate waiting a week for new episodes.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Apr 7, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2011
Whoops, just realised my counter was out and accidentally commented on the wrong ep!
PrometheusZeroApr 7, 2011 9:28 PM
Apr 9, 2011 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
Am i the only one who thought Madara's plan was stupid? >.<!
It was great to see all the Bijuu but Wikipedia already spoiled me about the Jibuu :\
And who would've thought Kisame is that powerful o.o
But dam this is getting good, i am even considering raising the score.

Surely Sakura isn't going spout out that she loves Naruto?? RIGHT? RIGHT? URGH...

Next Week:
Killer Bee Vs Kisame! OMFG finally some "fishy" action! :D
Apr 10, 2011 3:29 AM

May 2010
Another awesome episode! Its really been awhile i would anticipate naruto to be shown in Japan in order to watch it.. I'm definitely hooked again!

Really liked how they showed all the tailed beast with their host :-) I'm not sure if that soap-bubble guy is real tho LOL
The expression of raikage was priceless.. it was like "damn, i lost my arm while his was safe" XD
The Eye of the Moon was sinister was expected.. and the declaration of war will be epic.. this will mean all-out fights for the anime :-D and who doesn't like that? :-)
May 7, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode, new explanations arise and new theories can be formed! :P
May 9, 2011 5:26 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, Gaara! FTW! XD

Oh, we get to see Sakura's confession ont eh next episode.
Not really looking forward to that.

What I am looking forward to is Killer Bee and Kisame's duel.
EXCITEEED! >___<
May 11, 2011 11:38 PM

Mar 2011
What a great episode, I loved the way they showed all the tailed beast. Let's stay away from fillers! :D
Sep 20, 2011 2:49 PM

Sep 2008
Kittyman said:
Very nice being able to see all of the tailed beasts!

I agree! It was my first time seeing all of them, and they all looked so cool -- or, well, they at least looked interesting.

I don't care too much about what Sakura has to say, either, to be honest... I'd prefer she didn't love him or anything. Since the beginning I've been a fan of Naruto and Hinata. :< Still am.

I couldn't believe Madara told them his plan... in all seriousness... He didn't seriously think they'd agree to it, did he?! XD
Dec 5, 2011 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
The Ten-Tails looks lame compare to the Nine

Yugito = Hidden Cloud?? the Raikage has 2 Jinchuu

It's really a pain that even in the manga they didn't focus on the other Jinchuurukii's
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 4, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2012
another story time with madara, lol
Aug 15, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Uuuuuu Killer Bee is gonna get it when his big brother finds him xD
Sep 12, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Epic episode.
In the end they join forces for real and even Konoha takes part, although they don't want Danzou in.
It is Madara + Akatsuki + the Tailed Beasts vs Every other Shinobi out there + Naruto and Killer Bee (that will be epic)
Nov 23, 2014 5:35 AM
May 2012
They introduced "Juubi", and a declaration of war, baby!!
I like characters with big ambition, that's why I like Tobi, but his plan is really pretty stupid, but I think it's worth a try ahahaha.
Sakura at the end =_=
Jul 24, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
I'm hyped for Killer Bee vs. Kisame
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Jun 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Jun 2016
U just must love Tobi..:) His plan is insane.. and thet declaration of war to all 5 nations was EPIC.. xD Again he is insane..:) Wait Sakura and Naruto are still trying to back Sasuke in Konoha, are u facking kidding me? They are more insane then Tobi i guess.. xD And Killer Bee is awesome, he made me laugh xD So crazy, his brother will kill him xD
Apr 3, 2017 11:14 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Juubi, a fox of 10 tales!!! O__O
Begin the Fourth Great Ninja War!!!! :/
May 27, 2017 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
All of the Kage Summit episodes have been thrilling & intriguing.
Things are moving along, very interested to see how this is all going to pan out!!! Madara is a great character. Wondering where Danzo escaped to?

I'd like to see a Sakura & Naruto pairing, highly doubt they'll go the romantic route in this anime though haha. Interested in what she's going to say, maybe apologize but still not return Naruto's feelings? Gritting my teeth haha
Oct 7, 2017 4:51 PM

Dec 2016
Infinite Tsukiyomi sounds pretty fucking crazy fam
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 30, 2019 10:59 PM

Jun 2017
It's getting so good!!! Though I have a feeling I'm going to cringe hard on the next episode (because of what Sakura might say to Naruto).
Aug 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
Lul why would anyone take Madara seriously
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 23, 2019 1:36 PM

May 2018
and just like that... the fourth great shinobi war has started...?
Dec 28, 2019 4:33 PM
Jul 2019
So now watching this after I know Tobi's true motives...

Also did anyone notice that Kankuro's puppet looks like Sasori?!
Feb 24, 2020 8:58 AM

Mar 2019
Madara is just a masterpiece of a character!!!He literally declared war on the whole world!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 16, 2020 1:54 AM
Jan 2020
Okay so how is it that Madara has 7 tailed beasts when Gaara is right there? Did Gaara have the 1 tails extracted out of him during the akatsuki's tail beast ritual?

Also did kankuro make sasori his puppet? lol
Oct 19, 2020 10:14 PM
Nov 2017
Amazing episode. There is something I found curious. Since I watched Evangelion I find all the villains from different animes to have a similar plan... Unify the world... someway
Oct 31, 2020 7:40 PM
Jul 2020
So cool!! And the 4th Great Ninja War?!?!?!?

Also that preview, heck naw.
Mar 15, 2021 7:58 AM

Dec 2007
the whole 10 tails story was masterpiece, only that his plan is kinda average controlling-the-world-villain, but it's still was epic.

i believe that we see in this ep raikage acting rational for the first time.

what makes me laugh is the fact that akatsuki vs shinobi world is kinda stupid now that akatsuki have only 3 members...
Apr 7, 2021 12:33 PM
May 2019
this episode has so many cool scenes which would make great gifs to be contributed to tenor. I felt that the gaara has genuine care for naruto to the point that he agrees that he should be confined and not let him participate to the shinobi war but knowing naruto ehhhh that wont happen. i cant wait for another filler hell ~ it'd be great so see some original arcs about the villages lore and im so down for those!
Aug 17, 2021 1:51 PM
Aug 2021
Como se mira el episodio??
Sep 29, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
10 tails? WTF??

Welp Killer Bee is alive as expected.

We get to see all the Tailed Beasts.

Madara finally declares the 4th Great Ninja War!

Sakura's gonna confront Naruto I guess.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Jun 3, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.