Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 12, 2011 10:04 AM

Jun 2007
Worlds are finally colliding.
Feb 12, 2011 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
Another Fanservice / MISAKA / Slice-of-Life - Episode, which was, another time, good. Next ep will be a story-episode, ergo a bad one? I hope not.
Feb 12, 2011 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
Haha, I laughed that "loli exchange" scene at the end.

Feb 12, 2011 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
seems like people enjoy the show when its like a slice of life without the plot. Thats not me but it was a decent episode. Next episode is going to be good.
Feb 12, 2011 12:55 PM

Feb 2010
Omniknight said:
Best Index episodes are when they remove all the "plot" and give Misaka and other Railgun characters all the screentime. (18 and 17)

Episode would be even better if they removed Index and all the side characters.
Basically air a second season of Railgun, which was far more interesting.

Do sisters appear in railgun?

this 2 ep would be crap without them and accelerator.
Feb 12, 2011 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
OMG I waited sooo long for this moment and now finally it's time for the big badass fight next episode !! Can't wait any longer D:

Aside from that, Last Order was really adorable in this episode and...

Accelerator + Last Order > Touma + Index
yuno6.jpg
Feb 12, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
Loved it!
Original Misaka + 10032 + Last Order = Crazyness!!

I was hoping Accelerator and Touma would meet again :p

I thought when Index was all like "Oh I'm looking for Touma" Accelerator would be like "You mean KAMIJOU TOUMA!!! WHERE IS THAT F@?|#~/" and rampaging but Accelerator is sort of a good guy now isn't he...

Next week's preview looks epic!
Feb 12, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
chrislongden3 said:
Loved it!
Original Misaka + 10032 + Last Order = Crazyness!!

I thought when Index was all like "Oh I'm looking for Touma" Accelerator would be like "You mean KAMIJOU TOUMA!!! WHERE IS THAT F@?|#~/" and rampaging but Accelerator is sort of a good guy now isn't he...

Next week's preview looks epic!

Also he never learned Touma's name. All accelerator knows is that some crazy son of a gun came out of nowhere and delivered rightious beatdowns ending the level six program. No idea where he came from. No idea where he went.
Feb 12, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr No.
Sure, the animation improved went back to normal, but really now, something happened with Index between season 1 and 2. It's not nearly as good as it once was.
Though it's still leagues better than Railgun.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 12, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2010
I really like this change of pace since last week.
It was definitely needed after last arc since it gave to impression it was just dragging things one.
From the look of the preview next week will be very interesting and looks like things are starting.

The first scene of this episode was a bit strange with Stiyl raging at Laura Stuart because of that letter.
Laura Stuart's reaction seemed strange she didn't react angry at all tho she did mention he was very rude, she didn't listen to him at all and started talking about her wet outfit.
And she didn't do anything back.
She is the Archbishop which implies she holds more authority then Stiyl yet she didn't give him a order to stop.
Her position also seems to suggest that she might be a very powerful ability user yet she didn't do anything to defend herself.
I am also wondering was was on that letter it probably has something to do with the upcoming arc.

The scene with Kanzaki and the nuns trying to figure out that washing machine was also pretty good and it proves that Kanzaki the nuns and Sherry are living together now.
About the washing machine itself my apartment complex has one of those one button ones as well and there very easy to control, you can spin those buttons to set the program you want to use ones you find it you press it and it does the job.

The other scene with them also made it clear that there living somewhere in the UK probably London since they called Kanzaki woman of the far East.
When Orsela started to undress Kanzaki was certainly a nice scene whit Kanzaki wearing her yukata in the traditional manner.
I hope her Obi doesn't get discolored by the washing machine.

Touma had a busy day ones again not only having to entertain Misaka all day he also ran into and Misaka clone and latter on met little Misaka.
Tho he didn't believe little Misaka's story at first but had a good conversation with her a bit latter.
Accelerator running into Index seemed a bit ironic tho nice to watch.
That Touma and Accelerator just missed each other seems to suggest some things for the future arc as well.
Just makes me wonder what would have happened if they did run into each other.
Feb 12, 2011 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
Oh look, more random fanservice. The MISAKA sisters should just replace Misaka permanently. She's so... tsunderely annoying. NERDRAGE PROMISE BROKEN BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FLIRTING WITH SISTER GGRRRAAWWRRRRRRRRRRR Ugh. I hope I don't have to see any more of her in the remaining episodes.

It's a shame that she's a Tsundere, I consider Mikoto to be the BEST character in this series, but her tsundere attitude doesn't help her, and unfortunately at times like this makes me and other people want to rage at her.

Vanisher said:
MISAKA sisters >>> original misaka.

they are more inteligent and honest , they are also funnier.

Blame the creators, they made an awesome character with Mikoto but then decided to make her into a FUCKING tsundere which is why she's far from perfect.

Also, Index is very lucky she met Accelerator while he was hurt, the old Accelerator would have KILLED Index for being so fucking annoying, and everyone would've been happy.

Feb 12, 2011 7:46 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
Do the sisters appear in railgun?
I don't remember seeing them at all. Was not Railgun season stopped at just before those sisters happened? Vague memory on that one.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:12 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 12, 2011 7:59 PM

Feb 2010
Omniknight said:
Best Index episodes are when they remove all the "plot" and give Misaka and other Railgun characters all the screentime. (18 and 17)

Episode would be even better if they removed Index and all the side characters.
Basically air a second season of Railgun, which was far more interesting.
HAHAHAHAHA......no. Also, if you're not looking forward to the next episode at all (as well as everyone else) then you might as well stop watching this then. Also, Railgun (anime) was waaaaaaay more boring than Index 2.
Feb 12, 2011 9:00 PM
Apr 2010
Hopefully they used the cut budget for the previous episodes to make the next episode really awesome.
Feb 12, 2011 9:37 PM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
Vanisher said:
MISAKA sisters >>> original misaka.
they are more inteligent and honest , they are also funnier.
Blame the creators, they made an awesome character with Mikoto but then decided to make her into a FUCKING tsundere which is why she's far from perfect.
Which makes me wonder if she was better portrayed in LN reader's views.
alexcampos said:
Also, Index is very lucky she met Accelerator while he was hurt, the old Accelerator would have KILLED Index for being so fucking annoying, and everyone would've been happy.
ROFL, holy shit Index being all bloody dying. (No offence to fans of her) IMO I think I would not digest well Index being punched by Accelerator, must the MOE of her stuck in my head too much. Don't know, just giving out IMO thing.

Feb 12, 2011 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't remember seeing them at all. Was not Railgun season stopped at just before those sisters happened? Vague memory on that one.

Also, It would've been very interesting to have Accelerator meet up with Touma...

Something tells me it would've turned into a very chaotic scene.
Feb 12, 2011 9:45 PM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Also, It would've been very interesting to have Accelerator meet up with Touma...
Ah yes, thanks for the reminder and yes another season of Railgun to fill the little side action going on that are not shown in Index would be great my friend.
alexcampos said:
Something tells me it would've turned into a very chaotic scene.
Heck yeah! I would love to have seen that. It would be nice.

Feb 12, 2011 9:52 PM
Nov 2010
Damn crowds, I wish Accelerator and Touma was able to see each other and go "WTF?".
Feb 12, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Which makes me wonder if she was better portrayed in LN reader's views.

I've never read the LN so I also wonder if she's portrayed as a tsundere or not.

Either way, I don't have a problem with tsunderes, in fact Shana (Shakugan no Shana), is my Second favorite anime character of all time.

...and she's a HUGE tsundere, I also like Taiga (Toradora), Kagami (Lucky Star), Mio (MM!), and a few others.

My opinion is that the only "Good" tsunderes are LOLI tsunders, their tsun act is viewed to be cute, whereas NON-LOLI tsunderes are viewed as "annoying bitches".
Feb 13, 2011 12:21 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, but the last one was better imo.

Hopefully we get to see a decent amount of GROUP before this season ends...
Feb 13, 2011 12:57 AM

Nov 2010
Purely epic and funny from the start to the very end, really hyped up for the next episode when the action really starts in Academy City.
Feb 13, 2011 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
I've never read the LN so I also wonder if she's portrayed as a tsundere or not.

Either way, I don't have a problem with tsunderes, in fact Shana (Shakugan no Shana), is my Second favorite anime character of all time.

...and she's a HUGE tsundere, I also like Taiga (Toradora), Kagami (Lucky Star), Mio (MM!), and a few others.

My opinion is that the only "Good" tsunderes are LOLI tsunders, their tsun act is viewed to be cute, whereas NON-LOLI tsunderes are viewed as "annoying bitches".
That's where I think Komoe sensei might fit that loli role but unfortunately she was not too much in this series but her fan service at least was in this season at some point. She also got a arc involvement, unfortunately she is just a side character so I am wondering if she is going to have future roles as in being hurt than Touma goes all rage or something like that.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:12 PM

Feb 13, 2011 1:40 AM
Feb 2011
At last there will be some action with Accelerator included.Been waiting for that for a long time.
Feb 13, 2011 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
Who's the unholy one? Stiyl didn't come here to peek. He came to discuss a really important matter. While Archbishop's the one trying to change the subject by talking about her "voluptuous curves" and all that.
Feb 13, 2011 3:30 AM

Mar 2010
I loved this episode besides the fact there wasn't that much progression in it. I think there was a little too much ''Misaka'' all around in this one. Still, a great episode with some good laughs. The preview looked amazing! Accelerator and Misha from the first season! Misha was one of my favorite characters in the series! :D So it's going to be awesome to see an appearance from her! Absolutely looking forward to the next!
Feb 13, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
Misha was one of my favorite characters in the series! :D So it's going to be awesome to see an appearance from her! Absolutely looking forward to the next!
Glad I am not the only one that really has appreciation for her from the first season, I wished to see more of her powers. First season was terrible in only giving her one arc.

Feb 13, 2011 8:01 AM

Jan 2010
Accelerator is really a nice guy isn't he?.. I'm starting to like his character..
Feb 13, 2011 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, Misaka is still a tsundere in the novels. You have to remember that she's a 13 year old girl, of course she's going to act really stupidly. Like, say, a tsundere.
Feb 13, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2009
Although nothing happened except all the girls getting treated by touma, or accelerator. Still enjoyed it compared to most of the other episodes.

Yes... Accelerator is battling next week....
Feb 13, 2011 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
Feb 13, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
MISAKAMISAKAMISAKAMISAKAMISAKAMISAKAMISAKA

Misaka overload FTW.
I love episodes like this.
Feb 13, 2011 8:36 PM

Oct 2010
season 2 too many fanservice haha, more action are better still lol cuz is cool,
hope they gona release season 3 for more action/plot ^_^

dun mind me im totally new here XD
Feb 13, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2009
That was a bit of a slow episode, but i luuurve misaka-ness :D
Feb 14, 2011 12:13 AM

Jan 2008
Salathiel said:
I was hoping that Accelerator and Touma will meet. zannen...
herox3 said:
Who else was cursing when Touma and Accelerator missed each other?
wheresthehandle said:
Damn, I was hoping they'd see each other at the end.
YEX said:
Aww shame, i kinda wish touma and accelerator would meet each other and maybe there will be some kind of funny stuff or something happen.
Lihn said:
THEIR TEASING US THOSE JERKS! Touma and Accelerator shoulda seen eachother, shit woulda gone down!
Stereotypical said:
Damn... it might have been epic if they met (Touma, Accelerator)...
chrislongden3 said:
alexcampos said:
doomed151 said:
Damn crowds, I wish Accelerator and Touma was able to see each other and go "WTF?".
It was pretty obvious that they wouldn't because that's what everybody wanted since they were building up to it. I already called it in way in advance in the episode as I was watching. I was like "Yup. This is gonna be one of those things where they build up to something and then cut you off at the end where they barely miss each other and it never happens".

Sure enough.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:09 PM
Feb 15, 2011 8:38 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
So what volume are we now as of this episode?

at the end of Vol.12, entering vol. 13

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 15, 2011 2:33 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I cannot express how wonderful once again the variations this episode brought in regards to fan service, comedy and some drama that is not too heavy but deep in meaning, depending on how you look at it.
It's really refreshing to have this change of pace, as mentioned before this anime really needed it.
Last couple of arcs felt like they where dragging things on and the material was pretty heavy.
The break from that was needed.

Yumekichi11 said:
The fan service in this episode was very nice indeed.
I especially liked the Kanzaki fan service with the comical reactions of Orsola, Sherry being there as well did seems a bit surprising.
I hope we will see more of her, and i don't mean fan service of her.

Yumekichi11 said:
I think a arc purely dedicated to Accelerator like we had in season one would be nice to watch.
Tho we can't really complain about this arc since he has allot of screen time here.
About the phone
I was a little surprised by your statement and was thinking do those phones with tape still exist, your statement confirmed that for me.
To be completely honest i never seen one with a tape tho i never seen one with USB either, voicemail is usually only used on cell phones here.

Yumekichi11 said:
The conversation between Yomikawa and Accelerator was indeed nice and i wonder about her background.
She isn't intimidated by Accelerator at all and she also doesn't seem to be afraid of the possible consequences of taking him in.
Her talk made it clear that she has also been trough some hardships even so she has a very laid back personality.

Tho more was explained about Accelerators background in the previous season there still some things which aren't fully explained.
And the flashbacks did show a hard life it also showed that killing the Misaka clones brought him sadness as well despite his behavior in the first season.
It also showed very well why he doesn't want anything to do with research anymore.
I have to say that his way of getting pissed out little Misaka and in this case Index never gets boring to watch.

Yumekichi11 said:
As mentioned before i found that scene a bit vague.
It was obvious there was something on that letter that made Styir angry the question is what exactly.
Laura's behavior also seemed a bit strange she didn't do anything to defend herself even tho she should be capable of powerful magic as demonstrated on that privet jet with Lidvia.
What was her reason for acting the way she did?
It almost seemed like she was asking for mercy or something like that.

Yumekichi11 said:
I find it a bit ironic that she wasn't surprised to see her own clone, i know there allot of that but are they really such a common sight?
The Misaka clone and little Misaka clinging on to Touma was funny to see and does show there more courageous when it comes to love then Misaka herself.
It was also strange when the Misaka clone went after little Misaka with a gun and no one except for Touma was surprised she was walking around with a gun.
I mean none of the bystanders reacted at all.
While the did react when she started to undress, guess there all perverts.

Now that you mention the Gekota, i wonder about that.
Maybe they did manage to make the picture and get the store to believe that they where lovers or maybe she went with Kuroko.

Yumekichi11 said:
About Kazakiri Hyouka, luckily she was seen in this episode at school but not sure A) why she was fading suddenly and B) why she was stopped as well as where was she heading towards?
Wondering about that as well since she wasn't noticed by the authority in the first season.
Akagi said:

It was pretty obvious that they wouldn't because that's what everybody wanted since they were building up to it. I already called it in way in advance in the episode as I was watching. I was like "Yup. This is gonna be one of those things where they build up to something and then cut you off at the end where they barely miss each other and it never happens".

Sure enough.
Well it could have been either way.
It's just that most of us wanted to see what would have happened if they did encounter each other it would have made a pretty interesting scene.
Feb 15, 2011 2:49 PM

Feb 2010
I've long preferred everything MISAKA-related to the story, so these last few episodes were nice.

co_flame said:
so did mikoto and touma's date just end abruptly with them going seperate ways or what? i feel like the transition there was horrible.

Very very. Kuroko's so annoying...
Feb 16, 2011 7:28 AM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:
The conversation between Yomikawa and Accelerator was indeed nice and i wonder about her background.
She isn't intimidated by Accelerator at all and she also doesn't seem to be afraid of the possible consequences of taking him in.
Her talk made it clear that she has also been trough some hardships even so she has a very laid back personality.
We can all thank Railgun for that since it was what showed a lot of Yomikawa went through.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:06 PM

Feb 16, 2011 7:53 AM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
We can all thank Railgun for that since it was what showed a lot of Yomikawa went through.
I'm sorry, what did Railgun show about her because there was too many unnecessary things in that anime that I completely forgot.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:05 PM
Feb 16, 2011 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
TheMetalOverlord said:
I'm sorry, what did Railgun show about her because there was too many unnecessary things in that anime that I completely forgot.
Would most likely have to do with her involvement in the child experiences more precisely the horrors she may have seen and fights she had to wage to stop it.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:05 PM

Feb 16, 2011 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
Aversa said:
As mentioned before i found that scene a bit vague.
It was obvious there was something on that letter that made Styir angry the question is what exactly.
Laura's behavior also seemed a bit strange she didn't do anything to defend herself even tho she should be capable of powerful magic as demonstrated on that privet jet with Lidvia.
What was her reason for acting the way she did?
It almost seemed like she was asking for mercy or something like that.

I don't know for a fact that she's actually displayed any great feats of magic. I'm pretty sure most of the work in the scene with Lidvia was carried out by underlings. I mean, she is the leader of the english puritans. She doesn't really do a lot of the grunt work herself. She did a bit of voice projection, and we've seen her use that card to communicate telepathically with Stiyl, but we don't know that she made the card herself or even that she did the voice projection without assistance.

This being said she seems to put a lot of time into the "little Lady" act. Yes, she's some manner of genius and plans a great deal of complex plots, and has been shown to be devious and ruthless, but she generally puts up a more innocent and refined front for appearances. I mean even her physical appearance. She's got that perfect milky white skin which clearly doesn't get exposed to sunlight (pretty sure she usually has that parasol when outside), her long flowing blond hair which reaches the ground, gets folded back up and pinned to her head before again reaching halfway down her back. She dresses like a young lady of refinement. As a whole that is the image she maintains.

Yes, I'm sure she was in no real danger, and with a word could have summoned help and had Stiyl removed from the premises. That's not exactly a reason to drop the act though. If anything it speaks better of her that even in that situation she has enough control of the situation that she doesn't have to drop the appearances.
Feb 17, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
Hahaha, Accelerator is so cute <3 Yoshikawa and Yomikawa had to 'hug' him to restrain him from destroying the poor phone xD And lol at how carefree Last Order could be <3 When Misaka Imouto and Misaka were arguing over Touma, she came out of nowhere where the hell did she pop out from? xD. The most enjoyable episode that follows the novel, so far, though there are some things missing, which I won't mention since it'll spoil those who don't read it :/ And, oh, Kanzaki's cute ;3

As for the next episode, is that person the 'Hound Dog'? ... No, right? :o And by the way, those who said poor Accelerator for covered in blood, DON'T. He looks hotter that way ;DDDD
Feb 17, 2011 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
Can't get enough of Last Order. Such a cutie. :3
Feb 17, 2011 9:42 AM
Jul 2009
This was really fun to wtch and anticipate the comming arc, now after waiting to see what happens, I can only thnk of Kazakiri's entrence, if I was there I'd disable the two cops, with a gravity ability, and get Hyouka's hand to run off with her.
Feb 18, 2011 4:12 PM
Jan 2010
The clones would probably be a laugh to meet.

If what i think is going to be the next episode it is going to be great
Feb 20, 2011 12:41 PM

Nov 2010
That Last Order makes you want a kid right? I really like the voice actors of the two new villians. Especially that science guy,and how that pierced nun says hi. Got goosebumps from that. First Norio Wakamoto then these excellent seiyus. Hope I'm not overpraising them.
Feb 20, 2011 1:23 PM

Nov 2008
Took care of the nasty LN spoilers and talk, and also cleaned up some of those quotes.
Jesus people, and excuse my language, but when you see a spoiler, do not whine about 'oh noez spoiler', but have the decency to report it, okay? Ever heard of it? The report button? It's on EVERY post on the bottom right.

I'm done.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:28 PM
Feb 21, 2011 6:31 PM
Sep 2009
Fairly good episode, good development for Last Order and Accelerator.
Mar 6, 2011 11:44 PM

Mar 2011
Xardie said:
and after 2/3 season of shit this show is awesome again

goddamnit J.C Staff

honestly, with an honorary mention to the accelerator punch earlier in the season, this is (so far) best episode of index II. i have not read any of the light novels but can still sense a coming storm thanks to this episode.

the phone conversation between yomikawa and accelerator was so good that i actually forgot about the great fan service at the beginning of the episode and, for a moment, even the awesome misaka + imouto + last order overload which alone can make any episode pure win in my book.

while not entirely hating the other arcs this season (loved the 2 ep science arc), i really needed yomikawa + accelerator to remind me of why index is such a great series. all the darkness we know about academy city plus all the darkness we don't know about it... is where i feel the heart of this series lies.

it's a shame more than half of this season has already been wasted on recycled formulas and cliches, although thankfully not all appears lost.

the accelerator/index + touma/last order switch-up was very well done. yes a case can be made that it would have been great if they saw each other, but i'm not complaining. at the end of the day, it really helped to build a (false?) sense of security before a coming storm.
Mar 13, 2011 4:16 AM
Jun 2010
WTF style is only 15 years old, HOLY !!! lol i thought he was 28 or something.

why is misaka mikotos name biribiri? always makes me lol. misakas awesome.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.