Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 11, 2011 7:42 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yosh! I hope that everyone doesn't have any complaints for the starting 2 episodes of the last arc of the season since almost all of our wishes come true *nods* because me as a novel reader, I am quite satisfied on the animation since ep.17.

Now that all of the slice of life events are over, here I am keep telling that this is all but ' The calm before the storm ', so make sure that you got your raincoats and umbrellas ready!

Also, now's the time on planning what to buy at the groceries, checking your schedule that you are free every friday? or saturday, and making sure that there's no one or anything to bother you at all when watching, because next week you will totally see a new Toaru season, every week you're gonna say to yourself 'I want MORE!!! ' if you're getting what I mean ;P (Yeah, I know I'm exaggerating too much xP)

Well then, minna-sama, DISCUSS! \ ( ´ ▽ ` ) /

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 11, 2011 7:43 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't want to say it, but...More than one scene of fanservice...

Anyway, it was a nice two random eps. before a large battle!
tsubasaloverFeb 11, 2011 8:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 11, 2011 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
Really nice set of episodes with 2 instances of wet fanservice.

Misaka is a mess mooning Touma and still chasing and even shooting at Last Order with many people around just to get her goggles back. Not to mention getting Mikoto wiled up, man she punches hard (Touma better watch out now).

Lots of Last Order shenanigans as well.

An epic battle next week.

Feb 11, 2011 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Merged topics.
Feb 11, 2011 12:43 PM
Jan 2011
The calm before the storm...

VERY NICE EP ANYWAY
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 11, 2011 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
OMG @ The Preview! And yes, Science and Magic really is crossing paths soon....
Feb 11, 2011 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
Hard to belive Stiyl is only 15 years old :D.....Archbishop is evil as always :P
Dont EVER let nuns from magic faction touch your washing machine...scratch that! :D....if u ever see them let them do it :D...u will have lots of fun.

When Misaka and Misaka-Misaka plus Misaka-Imoto met...it leads to disaster :P...for Touma :D:D:D:D
Misaka-Imoto teaseing Misaka was made realy good :D:D a was loling like for 5min

MINI MISAKA :D:D

Accelerator CHOP!

I was hoping that Accelerator and Touma will meet.zannen...

waiting for subbed version.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 11, 2011 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
So many GIFs you can make in this ep! xDDD
Feb 11, 2011 4:45 PM

Oct 2010
Being someone who felt satisfied with #17, I cannot express how wonderful once again the variations this episode brought in regards to fan service, comedy and some drama that is not too heavy but deep in meaning, depending on how you look at it. I think I will address a mic of moments with character opinion. Anyways I will start by what was the best fan service episode to date because not only it had variety but also characters that never would I think got that fan service delivered to the viewer. My favorite is how I loved Accelerator ignoring Index and being annoyed by her, total opposite and I wonder is it the first time he meets Index?

About the fan service, since it’s the best I think I should talk about it first. It has variations and proper balance that IMO makes it good. From the very start Laura like never before seen in a particular pose I was looking forward to mainly due to Magnus’ anger with her. It included delicious Sherry with that see through. Kanzaki got the most delivered with different semi breast exposures in different composure and after getting wet by that washing machine. Orsola was not so bad with that white blouse. Best was that group view of everyone in their underwear but especially Angelene/Lucia, now that I did not think and Angelene is definitely the loli role no doubt anymore that’s for sure. Finally I did not expect to see the famous Misaka clone shimapan show off that last I heard of was in season 1. So all in all a nice short and comedy fan service variations that was not too long and just right IMO.

About Accelerator, now there’s someone I want to talk about, Touma can take a break a little. Accelerator was great in this episode. The way he got irritated at Last Order’s message left on the phone was so great that he had to be held back by Yomikawa and her friend. Found it neat that the phone uses a USB. That would sure save tape space if you can have message straight on a 16GB stick. Lots of messages there. Most favorite was the serious talk that Accelerator had with Yomikawa and the flashbacks like the time of killing the clones, I think it was gruesome as much as some other gory parts of the first season, particularly Accelerator getting hit by that bullet, I forgot how well that reminds people of how he lost partially his potential there. In regards to comedy Accelerator delivered with his personality as soon as he found Index and brought to the restaurant. Guess he’s even that nice. He looked quite fascinated at some point towards Index. I still can’t believe she followed him and he was trying hard to put with her.
Rest in spoiler

About preview,Guess someone said and so shall I, the storm is coming! The the bad guy of the OP that fights Accelerator is coming. WTF!& WTH! My Accelerator get beaten with blood on his face! O_O Unceptable! Why and how! I feel excitement towards that but frustration of the possibility that Accelerator gets humiliated like that. Oh shit Vento is coming too! That will be trouble big time already. Holy shit! She being Sasha is coming back! Who the hell is that with her! OMG this is getting highly exciting just thinking about all this mix coming and most of all Accelerator going nuts! Oh please make him as good as the first time in season 1! It will be epic!
Kazejimonji said:
So many GIFs you can make in this ep! xDDD
There's tons and I have some in mind for ecchi parts in my hall of fame but the one most worth it is Kanzaki. Her fan service is really upped in this episode.
Yumekichi11Feb 11, 2011 4:50 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 11, 2011 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
it was a nice episode, definitely the calm before the storm. didnt really think the 2 slice of life episodes were needed but hey, they were good, except this one wasnt as good as the last one, imo.

well next episode seems bad ass, cant wait
Feb 11, 2011 6:04 PM

Apr 2010
"Hard to belive Stiyl is only 15 years old"

Wait what? I thought he was like late 20s or 30. Where'd you hear he is 15?

"Anyways I will start by what was the best fan service episode to date because not only it had variety but also characters that never would I think got that fan service delivered to the viewer."

More like a Certain Ecchi Index. This whole season has kinda ramped up the fanservice, at least compared to the first season. I'd even go as far as putting an ecchi tag on season 2

Feb 11, 2011 6:12 PM

Dec 2007
I always thought that Accelerator was great character and needed more screen time....from this point he will get it....from what i read about novels....in this ep we could see more of his past and the way he thinks....and preview showed some nice we will get more....because i think that guy who is fighting with is from science side (if he is the one wearing white coat) ....maybe from Acc. own past...we will see

I just wanted to point out that scene where Acc. was talking with Yomikawa (on the phone) wasnt that bridge drawn kinda weird? :D

Also just to add i really like the new soundtrack that they made :P...also OP is getting really catchy i just cought myself of singing the melody :D
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 11, 2011 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
Liked the episode, and it`s seems that the next one will be serious. Can`t wait!
Feb 11, 2011 6:55 PM

Oct 2010
These last 2 eps have been great especially this one, i loooooove it when new character relationships are formed :)
Feb 11, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2010
This was a funny episode. It looks like some chemistry between Touma and Imouto is happening, i guess its a race between Misaka and her Sister. I can't believe Index met with Accelerator and Last Order met with Touma, but the ending totally pissed me off cuz they didn't get to see each other. I actually wanted to see what the other person would say to each other. Also i wonder whats going to happen to Hyouka Kazakiri?

Feb 11, 2011 7:28 PM

Sep 2008
Well that was dumb.
At least let Touma and Accelerator beat the shit out of eeach other.=/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2011 7:38 PM

Sep 2009
Entertaining episode. I can never have enough Misaka(s). Looking at the episode preview, I'm ready for some epic stuff to happen.
Feb 11, 2011 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Laughed when Accelerator was regretting for feeding Index and being annoyed. I really wanted Accelerator and Touma to meet after hearing all the stuff about each other.
Feb 11, 2011 8:25 PM

Feb 2009
Misaka clone sisters are great esp 1032 and MISAKA
Feb 11, 2011 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
O o o Oh my gawd!! The fanservice!!! *Nosebleed*

Another good episode. Enjoying the index slice of life episodes
Feb 11, 2011 8:49 PM

May 2008
i loled touma left misaka in the arcade and why didnt she come out?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 11, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2008
so did mikoto and touma's date just end abruptly with them going seperate ways or what? i feel like the transition there was horrible.

also it's official: accelerator has a soft spot for lolis. XD
Feb 11, 2011 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
co_flame said:
so did mikoto and touma's date just end abruptly with them going seperate ways or what? i feel like the transition there was horrible.

iirc in the novel Misaka basically went "screw this" and left once Last Order and MISAKA 10032 show up.
Feb 11, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2007
Oh look, more random fanservice. The MISAKA sisters should just replace Misaka permanently. She's so... tsunderely annoying. NERDRAGE PROMISE BROKEN BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FLIRTING WITH SISTER GGRRRAAWWRRRRRRRRRRR Ugh. I hope I don't have to see any more of her in the remaining episodes.
Feb 11, 2011 10:55 PM

Feb 2009
Preview, Hyouka and the fanservice were the interesting parts here.
Otherwise, rather boring episode.
Feb 11, 2011 11:31 PM
Mar 2010
Who else was cursing when Touma and Accelerator missed each other?

Next episode: Accelerator in blood and rage. Hell yeah.
Feb 11, 2011 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
I just saw Misha from the preview!!! god I missed her.. Orthodox church wont just sit there and watch or if they intend to.

co_flame said:
^Agreed. He just don't realize it and is a tsundere towards them. xDD

Nothing much to say about this episode, only disappointed with Accelerator and Touma not meet each other. oh and was hoping for Index to bite Accelerator for once xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 11, 2011 11:45 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, I was hoping they'd see each other at the end.

DEM SHIMAPAN!!!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 12, 2011 12:00 AM

Sep 2010
This episode.

Had so much win.
Feb 12, 2011 12:44 AM

May 2010
Aww shame, i kinda wish touma and accelerator would meet each other and maybe there will be some kind of funny stuff or something happen.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:13 PM
Feb 12, 2011 1:24 AM

Nov 2010
THEIR TEASING US THOSE JERKS! Touma and Accelerator shoulda seen eachother, shit woulda gone down! but all in all a good ep, --->Last Order leave Touma alone! You belong with Accelerator! their just too damn cute together xD

ACCELERATOR CHOP!
LihnFeb 12, 2011 1:28 AM
Feb 12, 2011 1:32 AM

Oct 2009
Loving episodes like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2011 1:56 AM

Feb 2010
MISAKA sisters >>> original misaka.

they are more inteligent and honest , they are also funnier.
Feb 12, 2011 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
Grateful Crane pose. That is all.
Feb 12, 2011 2:37 AM

Jul 2009
Accelerator such a self pitting emo...
He did what had to be done to achieve greater power, or well at least had some fun with a bunch of teenage sisters ;D

Hope there's less QQ and more pew pew from him in the next episode^^
EternalDreamerFeb 12, 2011 2:51 AM
Feb 12, 2011 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
funny ep with some nice fanservice^^
Feb 12, 2011 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
I expected that we would get into the action in this one after the last episode but it looks like they decided to use two episodes in building characters.
It was still fan though. Misaka imoutos are always fan.

Top episode moment.
Feb 12, 2011 4:34 AM

Nov 2010
I think the same as Touma... Mini-Misaka.

the ep was okay, but lol poor Accelerator XD First he's annoyed by The Last Order and now Index XD
Feb 12, 2011 4:48 AM

Jan 2010
MISAKA 10032 is cute
Feb 12, 2011 5:40 AM

Mar 2010
and after 2/3 season of shit this show is awesome again

goddamnit J.C Staff
Feb 12, 2011 5:43 AM

Apr 2010
great ep, though I miss the season 1 version of Kanzaki. The new OP has really grown on me too. Very catchy.

It's gonna be a long week waiting for tha preview.
Feb 12, 2011 5:52 AM

Jul 2010
So all what's left of this anime is fan service.. Meh..
Feb 12, 2011 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
Totally stunned as i saw the preview for next episode. Awesome <3
Feb 12, 2011 6:11 AM

Jan 2009
Time for the scraped knee that begins the countdown to the worlds end?
Feb 12, 2011 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Damn... it might have been epic if they met (Touma, Accelerator)... I've always hated when encounters like this are missed though it adds a bit of hype when they actually meet (if they ever do).

Feb 12, 2011 8:01 AM
Jun 2010
Next episode is almost automatic 10/10 for me. Unless somehow they mess it up. Preview looks so bad ass.
Feb 12, 2011 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
Best Index episodes are when they remove all the "plot" and give Misaka and other Railgun characters all the screentime. (18 and 17)

Episode would be even better if they removed Index and all the side characters.
Basically air a second season of Railgun, which was far more interesting.
Feb 12, 2011 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
This episode is serves as support episode since the meeting between Index and Accelerator will be important for the following arc.

The meeting between Touma and Accelerator will be on that arc as well.
Feb 12, 2011 9:51 AM

Jul 2010
Huh? what happened to cliffhanger? damn JC.Staff. here i thought i will see a berserk imouto chasing last order with killing attempt just for goggles. so that was all for nothing.

Anyway. nice episode. though i don't know why they increased fanservice in second season. touma harem is also increasing. accelerator with index and touma with last order. i thought they will face each other in the end.
Feb 12, 2011 9:51 AM
Nov 2009
their world is soo small lol xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.