Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2018 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode in its intensity and trippiness. Rather than a love between Amuro and LaLa I think they found a mutual understanding. When Lala seemed at peace and mentioned seeing the future I feel like it was because she could see humanity in Amuro. If Newtype is the future of the race then there's going to be a lot more people able to understand one another on a deeper level.
Apr 3, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
Holy shit one of the best episodes.

Lalas death,left some impact and I wonder how Char is going to react.

Also some idiot is about to wipe out his father and own people.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2018 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
Great desu !
Superb episode !
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 29, 2019 3:54 AM
Jan 2017
When I started watching this Gundam series I was worried that the old animation was going to be to much of a turn off but I enjoyed it despite the said aged visuals and doesn't take away from the tension of the Amuro fighting off Char and Lalah, whilst Sayla jumps in trying get through to her Brother and the past few fights have been strongly interesting.

But here come the problems: The pacing really could have been better the only hint of Char having feeling for lalah is him suddenly kissing her. Granted he just might be using her but that itself needed to be more flushed out. We know she was useful to him and it would have been hard for him not to notice she had feelings for him but Char feeling on the other hand. Well he doesn't seem to have the same level of adoration, we never had a scene were we see then have real chemistry till this episode or one of Char contemplating using her emotionally. I do like that it was kept vague but we just weren't given enough time with these characters to justify this end point.

Also regular monologues explaining plot details being more prevalent than before also bothers me.

Things are not helped by the some of the cringey dialogue, Gundam is no stranger to cheese dialogue but some of this really made me go 'did they really have the voice actors say that'.

'Amuro why did you wait so long to appear in my life', 'Do think we were destiny to meet each other', 'hatred that's a light of hatred', I nearly laughted my ass of at that. Sadly the bad dialog doesn't end their When Lalah chastess Amuro for fighting for no one, Amuro doesn't call out her BS. He's been fighting for the white base and doesn't even bring up his friends or Fraw Bow, calls him evil for trying to kill Char Yet she killed people herself; what a bloody cunt! The worst part is she could have took shots at him saying 'if you win the war what will do then, you have no home to go back to and brought up is dad?' Boom issues sorted.

Then there's a broader issue this really forced romance between Ray and Lalah, Dear God. If they ass pull something like newtips being able to now other newtips on first sight that would be a complete cough out for their relationship but what else can they do. I heard this series was meant for 60ish episodes only to get cut and it show.
Mar 20, 2019 2:38 PM

Feb 2017
Absolutely incredible episode. With the pacing of the first 30 or so episodes, I never would have expected this much experimentation and surrealism packed into the end of the show. I'm very impressed with what they achieved in 1980. The inspirations and groundwork for Neon Genesis Evangelion are clear.
Jul 23, 2019 2:39 AM

Apr 2016
Well this wasn't the kind of show I would expect to get psychedelic on me
Sep 8, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
honestly one of the best eps yet and the battle was amazing as for lala i mean imo she was getting really annoying not to mention she was pretty annoying so also she lasted longer than i cared for but yeah

great ep only few more left
"one step at a time"
Mar 5, 2020 6:10 AM

May 2018
rip Lalah. Nothing ever goes to Char's plans, do they?
May 6, 2020 2:30 AM
Mar 2017
The visual start going full Kubrick 2001 when NT shows up.
May 18, 2020 12:59 AM
Feb 2016
RIP Lalah

It seems that Amuro and Lalah had a special connection since they are both Newtypes. Poor Amuro and Poor Char. He just lost his girl.
Sep 25, 2020 1:28 PM

Nov 2019
Amuro vs Lalah was wow
i'm speechless
Nov 2, 2020 9:34 PM

Nov 2018
Finally that stupid bitch goes down, I'm really glad, she was so full of herself being all morally almighty and pretending to be above Amuro, thanks Tomino.
Nov 9, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2017
So, Kycilia knew about Char's true identity and his revenge plan against the Zabi family. Nice. That mindfuck conversation between Amuro and Lalah was quite disturbing. But honestly I don't feel sorry for Lalah, she is practically simping for Char. Looks like this show is still very obvious when someone is going to die. Also, this episode confirms Mirai is a Newtype too.

While Degwin wants to end the war quickly but Gihren fired that superpower to his location. I like how this was anticipated and didn't come out of nowhere especially after arguing with Gihren.
NurguburuNov 9, 2020 9:21 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2021 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
The light of hatred, it really is. Ghiren goes mad as he sees the coming doom of Zeon. I already knew of Lalah's death after seeing the film trilogy and playing many of the video games. I cried before; it is a sad situation.
Aug 5, 2021 3:11 AM

Oct 2012
Man, got some Evangelion vibes in this episode. The whole Lalah part was trippy af. But I feel like the character development is really lacking. Why exactly does Amuro care about Lalah so much? They only met once for like 3 minutes. And why does Lalah care SO much for Char? It's not explained in the slightest. Guess that's something they addressed 30 years later in Origin, lol. Did not see her death coming though, thought she would stick around.

Degwin wanting to negotiate peace, while his Hitler wannabe son is using the solar ray is pretty exciting though. Wonder how that'll turn out.
Jul 15, 2022 5:04 PM
Mar 2019
hmm i wonder what happened there. it seems like newtypes have some sort of deep inner connection with one another since both mirai and sayla realized what amuro and lalah were doing. whats really confusing is what that thing about fate was.. since they were talking about the power of time, maybe they saw their futures? or what it could be? but it can't happen due to fate? that or maybe they were just high af while making this ep who knows
Aug 10, 2022 7:32 PM
Dec 2015
I agree this episode had amazing action

I could tell this show was shortened/cancelled, because until the later episodes the pace was not this fast. thats also true about char kissing lalah, but after the sleggar/mirai thing, i guess this one is more than acceptable, lol

I'm gonna miss that lala newtype voice / sound effect

Sayla was saved like at least 2 times, she was very, VERY lucky

And after all this, the f..... solar system in action! let's go Hitler! after all even the enemy had this weapon huh. I like how he doesn't give a damn about his father

I do like Kycilia Zabi though, shes certainly an interesting character, imho not that different than Char when it comes to cunning and charisma...
May 23, 2023 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Here I thought last episode was good but this one is pretty good it felt like I watched 5 minutes and it was already over. Something I found funny would be that emperor zeon hates his son gihren so much he put garmas face over his lol. Regardless I did not expect char and lalah to be in that in sort of relationship lol though not like it matters since she dies and now im sad since I kinda liked her lol. I also thought for a second sayla was gonna die but I guess not (them killing the brown girl but not the white girl go figures). Lots of stuff happened this episode
Jun 24, 2023 5:42 PM
Feb 2021
The directors were definitely on something with the whole Lala and Amuro scene.

This show has turned so goddamn good. Amuro was always a weird character, and now that he's been called out for it, it's really satisfying.

I wonder what he did to Lala aside from killing her. Their connection was filled with some interesting imagery, so it leads me to believe there's more than meets the eye to that encounter, especially because Amuro has very few reservations about killing people now.
Aug 4, 2023 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
absolutely beautiful episode, i'm loving the ending of the serie
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Dec 28, 2023 11:10 AM
Jul 2016
Strongest episode of all show.
May 9, 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
i thought lalah and amuro were about to fuse or something there, that was one wild connection
May 16, 7:48 PM

Dec 2022
Char's been found out, had to lay the heroic smooch on Lalah!
ooooo Amuro and Lalah about to do some sweet telepathic love making, rudely interrupted by Char! it's a battle for gentlemanly honor! and of course these things can only end in tragedy.
awesome abstract emotional kind of stuff man, this is what space fantasy is all about
ruh roh it's about to get ugly
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 28, 2008

66 by Tivrusky444 »»
Jun 2, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

55 by Tivrusky444 »»
May 18, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

60 by Tivrusky444 »»
May 18, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

119 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 42 Discussion

Pheefa - Jul 25, 2010

43 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.