Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Garfiel went through some tough moments in this episode. He and Mimi did their best against a duo of tough enemies, but his retreat didn't work out as well as of of them was able to strike a severe blow on Mimi. Thank goodness she's still alive, but seeing Garfiel wallow in despair was a sad sight to see. =(

Thankfully, Subaru and the others were there to help him back on his feet with a new resolve to take down their enemies. Seeing all of them in action was a nice visual treat, where the animation quality was very good and consistent overall.

Capella is very wacky with how she taunted everyone and even shrugged off the many attacks that went her way before she left. Aoi Yuki's voice acting for her is spot on. =)

I do hope that Subaru, with his trusty whip, can do a good number on Gluttony and then some. His anger at him is fully justified, after all. As for the post-credit scene, Regulus asking THAT question towards a naked Emilia has me rather worried. I do hope that he doesn't do anything to her, otherwise there will be hell to pay...
Oct 23, 9:39 AM
Apr 2024
extreme hype for this seson man capela hilalyrous but subaruu man vibes angry for gluttony 10/09
Oct 23, 9:40 AM

Dec 2023
Many of us forget to realize how much more mature Subaru now is. With him building a reputation of being "successful" in every endeavour, we see his resolve to be a lot better and his anger is more directed.

If this was Season 2 Subaru, he would have easily been agitated by both of their trolling then quickly killed by the Witches. I'm more surprised he kept his cool especially with Gluttony because if you were in his shoes, 99% of us would've lost it.
Oct 23, 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Lightshade49
Not bad so far, excited to see What Subaru can do post training without Beatrice. He's definitely doing some "Belmonting" with that Whip of his.

I'm curious which witch is beneath the city, I'd assume it's either Lust, Wrath or Gluttony.

Can't be Greed cause of S2, and They say it's not Envy.

So far my main guess is it'll be Wrath for now.
But that mention of there being more of the archbishops then we've already seen makes me wonder if maybe it's not the 3 I'm suspecting. Tho I suspect this is mostly a POV for the cast, since we the Viewers knew at that point there's at least 4 Archbishops here atm.

EDIT: I am aware now of the Al line, I missed it on the initial watch ( ´∀`)b
@Lightshade49 It's typhon the witch of pride, Al literally says so in the episode under his breath.
Oct 23, 9:44 AM

Sep 2011
Regulus asking a most important question like a cherry boy.

Oct 23, 9:45 AM

Nov 2019
What I can say? I am amazed by these guys. I was talking about pacing issues before with ep 3, but these guys just know what they want to execute, where they want to execute and then nail it.

Aoi Yuuki totally blasting it as Capella!

Also resisting to asking it out in a totally new post...

DO YOU WANT TO CARRY CRUSCH SAN OR BE CARRIED BY HER?????
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 23, 9:47 AM

Aug 2022
So it seems Gluttony has multiple people holding the position which is strange, I really am liking Lust so far she's definitely a unique sin. Although I guess they all are but turning into a dragon was definitely surprising.

Ngl id be surprised if Emilia even knows what Regulus is asking but she's probably screwed (Literally).

You know I think im actually good at reading Regulus cause when I thought about what he may do with Emilia the situation played out exactly in my head the same way it did at the end of the episode.

Man I want Rem back, I swear if in like however many seasons we find out Rem isn't coming back ima be so sad. She has a special place in my heart which will never be filled
Phantom_373Oct 23, 10:05 AM
Oct 23, 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
Subaru really has come a long way and certainly isn’t as reckless or impulsive as he used to be. It’s great to see him acting like a leader through all of this.

Also, poor Garf, he’s been going through it fr so far this season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 23, 9:52 AM
Aug 2021
Peak as always in terms of animation quality and story 10/10 Really excited to see how this arc plays out ! . The ED song grew on me a bit I like it more now and of course the visuals are stunning , I also like that they cut the OP for more episode time .
Oct 23, 9:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
You're telling me that all of the archbishops are present in this city? What a way to ramp up the difficulty even considering that everyone is present. I hope Mimi is not dead as much as that post credits scene with Emilia doesn't end where I think it's going. Tough time for Subaru and the crew and good time to remember that Rem is still alive... sort of.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 23, 10:07 AM
Jun 2016
Lightshade49 said:
@Pulkit200 ahhhh, ok I somehow missed that.

Doesn't help the subs make that line go by so fast.

If it's the Witch of Pride, it's now it's got me wondering about that Archbishop cause I believe Petelgeuse Mentioned back in S1 that there wasn't a current Archbishop of Pride, or at the very least not one that he was aware of. Having at first mistaking Subaru for them.

It is a sort of an off hand comment it’s true. But yeah I also immediately thought back to what Petelgeuse said about the Archbishop of Pride because at this point we know all of them except Envy and Pride. If we believe Petelgeuse or if what he said is still true Pride hasn’t been declared yet which is interesting. Even more interesting is that no one has mentioned an Archbishop representing Envy from what I can remember so maybe there is still one unknown somewhere
KGlock18Oct 23, 10:20 AM
Oct 23, 10:10 AM

Jun 2017
Jeez no idea how Subaru gonna solve this loop with so many archbishops, even one of them is a pain and they don't have enough people to fight back at all.

...and how the fuck is Capella a dragon? I assume it's not the same dragon who has a contract with the kingdom.

This season is real bonkers.
Oct 23, 10:12 AM
Oct 2024
These episodes seem far too short
Oct 23, 10:27 AM
Jan 2023
omg this season is so hype!

emilia is bae
Oct 23, 10:34 AM
Oct 2024
Actual CRAZY episode. Loved the animation and the pacing. I was right when I said we were in for a wild ride this season, but I didn't expect to see ALL archbishops in the same place!
Oct 23, 10:49 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to DemonkingAK
Htun__ said:
DemonkingAK said:
Just too much pissed and wanna know is regulus the one who removed Emilia's clothes can anyone tell me

might be, at the end he did ask Emilia is she's a virgin. so he might've done something to her while she was asleep.

well I don't mind spoilers just tell me is he the one and did he do something to Emilia while she was sleeping
@DemonkingAK

Oct 23, 10:50 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Anayan_Kashyap
The Post Credit scene. No wonder this is my least favourite arc of Re:Zero, apart from arc 1. By that I don't mean it's too bad, but after arc 4 this was a let down in many ways.
Anyway, The adaptation is going Good just as the previous eps. This was more of a Progressive ep, things are slowly in progress, everyone trying to figure out a strategy to tackle the witch cult. Garfiel still having Nightmares of Elsa, even in broad daylight.
Al seems like he knows something about the sin Archbishops. Also he split up from the group to look fr priscillia, that's interesting.
I realised this is my least favourite Ending song as well. The opening 2nd from bottom.
It might feel like I'm hating on it but actually no. I like this arc for what it is.
@Anayan_Kashyap if you're a novel reader you misinterepreted the post credits scene so bad and I'm not even sure how you'd do that. Arc 5 was great payoff from arc 4, just because it doesn't focus on having named chapters every 2 seconds doesn't take away from that. This was perfect payoff from the setup and makes a ton of progress for the greater story
Oct 23, 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to DirtyOldGuy
Anyone noticed Crusch and Anastasia reaction when Julius asking Subaru's choice at the meeting? They obviously sweat worrying that he is going to leave for Emilia rescue lol
@DirtyOldGuy lol lol they know that he’s HIM. No but I kinda think also that it’s because they were worried he would choose the less moral choice
Oct 23, 11:09 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to irondark30
@DirtyOldGuy lol lol they know that he’s HIM. No but I kinda think also that it’s because they were worried he would choose the less moral choice
@irondark30 My bet is they were worried he would choose to leave them so they have to deal with the enemies themself. He is a reliable guy now :)

Oct 23, 11:10 AM

Nov 2019
@Kglock18 With WoE being alive, who gonna take the Envy witch factor?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 23, 11:14 AM
Jun 2016
Laplace_kun said:
@Kglock18 With WoE being alive, who gonna take the Envy witch factor?

True, had not considered that
Oct 23, 11:15 AM

Feb 2023
Excuse me, but WHAT THE HELL was that post-credits scene!? No... just NO.

Subaru is gonna have his hands full dealing with the other archbishops so he probably won't make it in time to prevent whatever is about to happen. Damn it, where is Puck when you need him the most?
StyxParadiseOct 23, 1:51 PM
Oct 23, 11:19 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to DemonkingAK
Htun__ said:
DemonkingAK said:
Just too much pissed and wanna know is regulus the one who removed Emilia's clothes can anyone tell me

might be, at the end he did ask Emilia is she's a virgin. so he might've done something to her while she was asleep.

well I don't mind spoilers just tell me is he the one and did he do something to Emilia while she was sleeping
@DemonkingAK no he didn’t do anything. Don’t worry lol.
Oct 23, 11:30 AM
Mar 2021
The insanity of having to battle all the Sin Archbishops, then learning one of them has a dragon form is crazy! But it is time for Subaru vs Gluttony. Would not be surprised if there are a few returns from death next episode.
Oct 23, 11:36 AM
Apr 2022
So there are two archbishops of gluttony?
Oct 23, 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
Based Subaru ignoring that Emilia was kidnapped and finally going after Gluttony for Rem
Oct 23, 11:48 AM

Jul 2021
I know the witches all did some pretty awful stuff, but I felt so bad for Typhon after seeing how she ended up. 😭 I think the anime did a great job of doing their own thing with it, since I’ve been told it was different in the novel. (anime only)
Oct 23, 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Ayo that was fucked. That was fucking fucked up! I know we've seen Subaru go through a lot of different tortures but this is one of the ones I don't want to see. Pleasse don't turn Subaru into a cuck. That would be one of the worst. Resetting the timeline ain't enough to erase that.

My Candies:
Oct 23, 12:12 PM
Aug 2022
corny ass mf regulus
someone kill the bastard
Oct 23, 12:15 PM
Aug 2022
DemonkingAK said:
DirtyOldGuy said:
@DemonkingAK Why could he question her about her virginity if he already took it? You have your answer

No well I know just asking is he the one who undress her or not

bro why tf would u type that😭😭
Oct 23, 12:22 PM
Jan 2021
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
Based Subaru ignoring that Emilia was kidnapped and finally going after Gluttony for Rem

That was obviously not the reason. He found out later from Al that Gluttony could also be there
Oct 23, 12:33 PM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
overrated show tbh
Oct 23, 1:10 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to OpGod7393
@Anayan_Kashyap if you're a novel reader you misinterepreted the post credits scene so bad and I'm not even sure how you'd do that. Arc 5 was great payoff from arc 4, just because it doesn't focus on having named chapters every 2 seconds doesn't take away from that. This was perfect payoff from the setup and makes a ton of progress for the greater story
@OpGod7393 Till the end of arc 4, Re:Zero was largely a Character driven story. Mostly focusing on Various characters, Character introspection, the psychological depth. And
all the characters carried the story. That's How I See Re:Zero. The way arc 5 progressed, it was a whole different experience.
Arc 5 does have Thrill and mystery, I enjoyed it ngl, but minimal of all the previous arcs. The story does make progress, and it's good, so does the characters but more in terms of strength. While I loved Garfiel and Wilhelm's character a lot this arc, as well as Reinhard. But characters doesn't have a psychological role in it. I did realise how developed Subaru already was till the end of arc 4, yet I expected more of him metamorphosis, which we get in arc 6 and that would what I had expected from this show.
I enjoyed the direction the story goes this arc, but the way this arc is written, it has many side fights which didn't sync with me. Unlike the fights from the previous arcs, which had a Base built upon for an intense moment. That lacks here. It also loses the gritty, melancholic atmosphere it had consistently maintained throughout multiple arcs till arc 5.
And so, for me it simply doesn't beat the previous arcs 4 and 3.
The atmosphere and side fights, which were a Lot tbh, was a turn off for me. The animated version doesn't feel lengthy and boring since fights are quick when animated. I can only see this as a base for arc 6. I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hopes for, although I acknowledge what this arc did.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Oct 23, 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
@OpGod7393 Till the end of arc 4, Re:Zero was largely a Character driven story. Mostly focusing on Various characters, Character introspection, the psychological depth. And
all the characters carried the story. That's How I See Re:Zero. The way arc 5 progressed, it was a whole different experience.
Arc 5 does have Thrill and mystery, I enjoyed it ngl, but minimal of all the previous arcs. The story does make progress, and it's good, so does the characters but more in terms of strength. While I loved Garfiel and Wilhelm's character a lot this arc, as well as Reinhard. But characters doesn't have a psychological role in it. I did realise how developed Subaru already was till the end of arc 4, yet I expected more of him metamorphosis, which we get in arc 6 and that would what I had expected from this show.
I enjoyed the direction the story goes this arc, but the way this arc is written, it has many side fights which didn't sync with me. Unlike the fights from the previous arcs, which had a Base built upon for an intense moment. That lacks here. It also loses the gritty, melancholic atmosphere it had consistently maintained throughout multiple arcs till arc 5.
And so, for me it simply doesn't beat the previous arcs 4 and 3.
The atmosphere and side fights, which were a Lot tbh, was a turn off for me. The animated version doesn't feel lengthy and boring since fights are quick when animated. I can only see this as a base for arc 6. I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hopes for, although I acknowledge what this arc did.

Interesting thoughts. I'm not a Novel reader, but would you say that you enjoy the Anime version of Arc 5 significantly more and do you think it can make the big moments better and more memorable for you?

Yes Arc 5 feels different from the rest arcs, but the feel of unease and disturbance is still strong. The thrill is exhilarating. The music plays a huge part here too. I think the music got even better
AshTheChampOct 23, 1:27 PM
Oct 23, 1:23 PM
Dec 2022
PLS SUBARU, DO SOMETHING BOUT EMILIA 😭 the ending of this episode was kind of alarming ngl
Oct 23, 1:29 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to samoj
These episodes seem far too short
@samoj Yes, this episode was way, way too short. I needed another hour att least.
Oct 23, 1:31 PM
Dec 2023
Can't believe we are being teased with the WRONG gluttony guy... Guess he did have a reason to call himself "us"...
Oct 23, 1:34 PM
Jan 2021
2 minutes and 25 seconds of Aldebaran Screentime
Oct 23, 1:34 PM
Feb 2023
They actually did it uncensored and non cgi… Boys we are eating good lol. WF is not only going over my expectations so far but I am so invested.

Next episode is gonna be wild. Hope they keep this up till the end.
Oct 23, 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
Probably the best episode yet (not counting the entire movie we got for ep1) and Im glad the animation quality is great again. Big improvements over ep1, which understandably could not get the same detail per frame with the absurd length we got!

Man Subaru must feel weird with everyone praising him for WW when they all forgot about Rems contribution.

Lust wasnt a loli after all.. but a dragon?!

Crush making that girly voice :)
Emily getting asked about her v card :(
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 23, 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
White fox are doing so much justice to this arc man I couldn’t ask to be in better hands. The animation in this episode was among the best, probably the best we’ve seen in re:zero.

Man poor Garfiel, last week he went thru the emotional turmoil with his mom and this week it’s Mimi, the one person who was there to help him get thru that breakdown. Now he’s blaming himself about that 😔 the animation on that stab scene was also crazy btw.

The lights going on in Wilhelm’s head as he realises who the woman swordsman must be is pretty cool in anime form.

Nice little bit of foreshadowing from Julius with the “if I were in your position” speech to Subaru about Gluttony. Didn’t remember that from the books

Lmao Subaru shit talking Capella was brilliant. White fox really cooked with Julius’ spell and then Capella’s healing factor too. She’s terrifyingly powerful and you mean there’s THREE of these mfs in the city at once. Yikes. Subaru trying to act tuff in front of Crusch is cracking me lol(like his legs) 😂I like this vulnerable version of Crusch she’s so cute 🥰

And that post credits scene lmaooo. Regulus is a fool but I can’t wait to see his downfall.
Marinate1016Oct 23, 2:21 PM
Oct 23, 2:03 PM
Sep 2024
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Oct 23, 2:06 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to ColCasey
overrated show tbh
@ColCasey could say the same about steins;gate!
Oct 23, 2:15 PM
Jan 2021
Mimiiiiii (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Oct 23, 2:34 PM

Nov 2019
henryshavoc said:
@ColCasey could say the same about steins;gate!

I applaud thee for giving that poor man the attention he's seeking by making the most vapid rating comment of the decade.

By making a similar type of comment on yet another White Fox show!
Oct 23, 3:01 PM
Aug 2021
Best one yet I like the 360° Fight scenes so far
Oct 23, 3:11 PM
I come in peace!
Apr 2024
...saw somebody in the club scene today, foolishly state: "the first 4 mid Re:Zero eps are over" - LOL, not sure what they were watching. I know last week, I said don't like D-riding a show; but I'll ride Zero's pogo stick a bit more(have to), with ep 4.

I mean sure, it was less "action-oriented" than eps 2 and 3 ig; but who gives a toot, this isn't shonen. It's a strikingly beautiful blend of fantasy, drama, suspense, and so much more. The high quality overall, has remained consistent throughout all 4 eps IMO. 🙏

Ep 4's balanced display of both, the hammy Sin Archbishop's shenanigans; AND the depicted results of their twisted actions, were well measured. Plus the very convincing atmosphere of dread, felt by most ppl in the city(even us), was pretty pure.

Crusch, steadily regaining confidence thru more time + memory; getting back to her tactful stride. She cuts straight-to-da-point with Kiritaka, when assessing the validity of his info. LOL, no BS with her direct query on the cultists' capabilities either, whether it's "opinion" or factual.

Smooth leadership sense shining as well, when reassuring Subaru. Him sticking the landing w/bum leg, while carrying Crusch; priceless, pained expressions gained a chuckle too.

Props to OST composer, Kenichiro Suehiro and his team; not just for the scoring/selection, but the tone as well. Shifting from mezzo piano to forte, timed right at all the opportune spots. Brilliant, noticeable, and surgically precise; IMO aw.

"God -Complex" reminder, in the post credits was a creepy jolt... just in time for Halloween week. 💀

On that holiday mention; every Wednesday this Fall, feels like Christmas... and ❤ Elsa too.
Oct 23, 3:26 PM

Jun 2024
Poor Mimi, she and Garf really tried their best out there.
I would really like to know what the hell Heinkel is doing.
They have to make sure they can't get to the witch and the entire city goes goodbye.
I am curious about Wilhelm and the female cult member.
Roy Alphard, Subaru has been looking for you.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Oct 23, 3:33 PM
Jul 2024
Gotta love the reveal of what Capella Emerada looks like. The entire episode was truly great, 10/10.
Oct 23, 3:39 PM

Jan 2024
Poor Garfield keep suffering. First the ordeal with his mother now he has to carry the burden of putting Mimi in this position.

And I ain't came here to simp for that uglyass dragon, show Lust in waifus form.

Atleast best girl Crusch in action finally after 35 episodes or so.

Maybe she hasn't lost her edge yet after training back up again. Good little scene when Subaru tried to act tough infront of her after carrying her. That leg looks painful.
Subaru has really matured up, he just isn't blindly rushing for Emilia and setting his priority right. Also good to see him getting respect from others.

Now he finally has gluttony, the one he was most desperate to take on. Meanwhile he is potentially getting NTRed. Regeulus has no shame and straight to the point huh. Emilia remember you are pregnant becz of that kiss now tell him that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

523 by ionelHeredia »»
2 hours ago

» I'm lost

RealityChanges - Yesterday

15 by DGemu »»
3 hours ago

» What truly makes it masterpiece and what made you fall in love with it?

ishowcunny - Oct 26

31 by Youre_boyIruma »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

194 by KevinnS »»
3 hours ago

» The show's writing frustrates me sometimes

certifiedbinger - Oct 26

44 by Confused_100 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.