Forum Settings
Forums

Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

New
Would you do it?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 10:38 AM

Jul 2021
That's basically the worst offer in the history of stupid theoretical forum offers, maybe ever.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 9, 10:50 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Shizuna
@I_shoot_kids_fr From the atheistic point of view gods are just fictional characters, but they are worshiped by billions of people throughout all of human history, so...
@Shizuna well that's a pretty stupid comparison... people who believe in god also believe that they are real don't tell me you believe cartoons and animes are real
Jun 9, 10:57 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to I_shoot_kids_fr
@Shizuna well that's a pretty stupid comparison... people who believe in god also believe that they are real don't tell me you believe cartoons and animes are real
@I_shoot_kids_fr Indeed, the feelings these fictional beings invoke in people are certainly real.
Jun 9, 11:12 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Shizuna
@I_shoot_kids_fr Indeed, the feelings these fictional beings invoke in people are certainly real.
@Shizuna and that's a really sad and pathetic thing cus I've seen comments like "anime women are better than real women at leat they don't break your heart 🤓☝️" this is just plain sad and what makes this even worse is when I see threads like this "sacrifice my life to meet a drawing" 😂
Jun 9, 12:24 PM
Mar 2024
No way. Life is already short enough, and dedicating a whole year just to spend it with a favorite character, while leaving behind parents, friends, and family? Leaving them behind? I wouldn't be able to.
Jun 9, 12:25 PM

Sep 2020
if i get to spend an entire year with kiryu kazuma then sure
Jun 9, 12:30 PM

Mar 2020
Sorry but I am never letting myself die until I see a full anime adaptation of Made in Abyss
Jun 9, 7:17 PM

Oct 2022
Yeah, I'm not throwing away my life just to hang out with a 2d creature for a year.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
Jun 9, 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Gonna say yeah, mainly because my life is going nowhere, so its not like I'd miss out on much.
Jun 10, 11:06 AM
Jan 2022
Would be fun to talk with favourite characters but giving up life for it is crazyy
@girlybobotea@ame @kamijou @mr_libra @animeistaken @alriven @megumin @aoi
KioshiJul 29, 1:47 AM
Jun 10, 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to Shizuna
I wonder what is the cornerstone difference between those who vote yes and no. Is it attachment to life or the level of affection they feel towards their favorite?
@Shizuna Probably the hardwired code written in our DNA to hang on in life no matter what.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
Jun 10, 12:32 PM

Feb 2020
Shinobu turns me into a vampire and I lose my 'life' life but live on eternally with her as my wife as undead lovers
Sounds super sweet if you ask me

Deal accepted

Jun 12, 12:33 AM

Apr 2021
Is it valid if I give up rest of my life to stay with Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade for one year, But at some point she makes me her thrall? That way Ill be immortal. Idk you tell me.
Jun 12, 12:36 AM

Feb 2011
@DoisacChopper @Jeevanandhnr Nah, that would make the dilemma as well as the sacrifice worthless, so for the sake of this argument - it won't work.
Jun 12, 12:46 AM

Mar 2020
Buy a body pillow and call it a day lmao
Jun 12, 12:50 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Shizuna
@DoisacChopper @Jeevanandhnr Nah, that would make the dilemma as well as the sacrifice worthless, so for the sake of this argument - it won't work.
@Shizuna Ah man then its kind of pointless, I do love Kissshot but if its just gonna be one year then its not quite worth my lifespan.
Jun 12, 1:40 AM
Jan 2018
Yes with Ciel Phantomhive everytime, cuz I love him^^
Jun 12, 8:56 AM

Feb 2020
@Shizuna
Would you be able to pick the year? or would it be a decision only to be made right now?

Jun 12, 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
sure quality is greater than quantity am i right
Jun 12, 9:22 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to DoisacChopper
@Shizuna
Would you be able to pick the year? or would it be a decision only to be made right now?
@DoisacChopper Waiting until you're old seems like cheating too, so right at this very moment ;P
Jun 12, 1:53 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Shizuna
@DoisacChopper Waiting until you're old seems like cheating too, so right at this very moment ;P
@Shizuna alright and would she stay around in the world after I die, remembering me? because if I can pop a baby into shinobu and have the best year of my life and have a wicked origin story for my future son/daughter I'll take the deal

Jun 12, 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Yes I'd do it for like 5 minutes. Really surprised by this many "No"s.
Jun 12, 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
one year? I would sacrifice all for one day with Hime
Jun 12, 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to I_shoot_kids_fr
@Shizuna well those "much stranger reasons" at the very least exists in real life unlike these characters that are actually just drawings 💀
@I_shoot_kids_fr Presumably in this hypothetical the character in question would become real and then you'd get to spend the year with them. Nobody is talking about "meeting a drawing" which you can go on Google and do right now. In fact the biggest reason to take it is probably that you'll never meet these characters otherwise because they are not real.
Yes it's fucking sad. The world sucks. We're quite aware. But thanks for pointing it out anyway if it makes you feel like you accomplished something.
Jun 18, 11:39 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to DoisacChopper
@Shizuna alright and would she stay around in the world after I die, remembering me? because if I can pop a baby into shinobu and have the best year of my life and have a wicked origin story for my future son/daughter I'll take the deal
@DoisacChopper Sounds good to me, although what I originally had in mind was ceasing to exist together, which is romantic in its own way.
Jun 21, 8:40 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Shizuna
@DoisacChopper Sounds good to me, although what I originally had in mind was ceasing to exist together, which is romantic in its own way.
@Shizuna true that's one thought to it, I definitely love my waifus so a whole year together would be a beautiful thing

Leaving things behind and having everlasting memories sounds sweet, having a kid to collect memories and keep things from me and keep my waifu attached to the world I think would be nice and sweet ^^

Jun 21, 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
What does this question actually mean? Why would I even want my perfect 2D waifus to become real 3D abominations?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 16, 11:13 AM

Feb 2011
Anime I've been watching 10 minutes ago:
VN I'm reading right now:
Is universe giving me a sign here?
Jul 16, 11:20 AM

Jul 2023
No, thnx. One year isn't enough lmao

Jul 28, 9:04 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to vegeta8639
vegeta8639 said:
Indeed, even five minutes of bliss would outweigh decades of dreary agony.
Jul 28, 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
If it was for internity perhaps but for a year, aint no way.
Jul 29, 1:49 AM

Jun 2024
nop, i am not worthy of stand in the same place as her

“Yes, i eat my sandwiches with a fork”

― Wendy ―
Jul 29, 1:50 AM

Apr 2013
My friends are better people than my favorite characters, so no.
Jul 29, 3:28 AM

Jan 2024
I'd pass up on that offer. Who knows what I'd do?

It's okay if you forget me.

Jul 29, 4:41 AM

Jan 2021
Well spending time with Artoria, Astolfo or Gilgamesh and going out in a blaze of glory does sound fun and if I get the grail I can wish for more time. So overall pretty fun.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jul 30, 7:40 AM

Feb 2014
Maybe if I were depressed and desperate I would say yes, but atm that doesn't happen to be the case, thankfully.
Jul 30, 6:32 PM

Feb 2024
A tempting offer indeed. To be able to meet and interact with my waifu, to finally be able to hold the hands of someone I love, to finally feel like someone truly loves me after so long, and to have a child with them to keep my legacy and bloodline alive, would be a dream come true and feel so sigma, even if it's just for a year. But I have to decline, just started watching anime and I've yet to truly see all the bangers it has to offer, also I need to see how the JJK manga ends and of course see it animated too which is probably going to take 4+ years for Mappa to get done... so yeah
The Strongest
Jul 30, 6:48 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Shizuna
@Serafos One year in heaven sounds better than fifty in hell.
Shizuna said:
One year in heaven sounds better than fifty in hell.

“The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.“

I’m not sure I’d want to experience whatever eldritch plane of existence this kind of thing would require
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are certain anime girls considered plain even though they are cute in their own right?

fallout45 - 10 hours ago

15 by MasterTasuke »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime has best memes

nishant0 - 8 hours ago

10 by faleagum »»
8 minutes ago

» Changes Over Time In The Way You Use MAL Ratings

Quadruple_Oi - Yesterday

36 by Quadruple_Oi »»
22 minutes ago

» Favorite opening (or ending) of an anime you haven't seen

Phantomtroupe97 - 8 hours ago

23 by Khashishi »»
54 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

654 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.