Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 12:30 AM

May 2011
Sonunda Senshi hakkında bir şeyler öğrenebileceğiz. Laios'un tepkileri şahaneydi. >_<

We'll finally be able to learn something about the Senshi. Laios' reactions were amazing. >_<
May 31, 1:03 AM

Nov 2020
Marcille empathizing with these monsters is gold♥️
5/5
May 31, 1:08 AM

Oct 2022
Rip Skyfish.. Your deeds will not be forgotten
UndefeatedBahamut
May 31, 2:45 AM

Apr 2009
Oh no...
...the lunatic magician is back (well technically he never left, he might as well be everywhere on this dungeon).
...our catgirl is back to being a regular catgirl, no more full cat mode.

I suspected the created familiar might be cute, I didn't realize there would be multiple of them and still very malleable after creation. The Giga Double-headed Flame Ice Dragon sounds really badass but impractical. Sky Fish sounds and looks lame but it was fast, and slick rendering it very effective...and apparently delicious (sorry, Sky Fish we'll honor you by eating your remains!). LOL

So Chil has a wife and children? Anyway, I'm more concerned with the 4-year gap he mentioned of Senshi living 10 years in the dungeon and current 6th year of opening of this dungeon. Since they're the probably the first to have seen the Golden Castle, they might be the ones to have opened this dungeon without them announcing it or anyone realizing it.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 31, 3:02 AM
Feb 2015
Rip sky fish, for the first time i sympathize with Marcille. She's a genius to create the sky fish, the reintroduction is essential glad we able to know more about our teammates
May 31, 3:24 AM

Dec 2022
Laios may have the creativity but Marcille is the goat, the myth and the legend just look at how good is her imagination and artistic skills. The art and the artist. Damn😆
May 31, 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
Hilarious episode, from Marcille's summoms to Chilchuck having a wife and daughter lol. Anyway, so Senshi came into that dungeon from inside huh by digging. I'm guessing his former team are all dead now?
May 31, 7:33 AM
Aug 2021
just can't wait for the next one man... I know the story but still I just want to relive that moment from the manga
May 31, 9:30 AM

Dec 2022
Marcille just cut her hair off with no hesitation. She really has a great character.
May 31, 11:19 AM

Mar 2017
Marcille is so funny this episode, I can't stop laughing

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 31, 11:28 AM
Sep 2023
Finally getting some Senshi lore, took them long enough.
May 31, 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
Eating the sky fish was NOT right.

Also I was hoping that the story could end this season given that the manga isn't that long but I guess we will need another season. I hope it doesn't take long because so far this has been a great journey.

May 31, 12:20 PM
Apr 2021
Wait wait WAIT?!!!!!! A WIFE AND DAUGHTERS?????? I thought that shit was a meme but bro really is a family man LMAOOOOand Marcille’s face and voice she made was so fucking funny made the scene 10x funnier🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭

Bro I CANNOT WAIT for Senshi’s backstory I know ppl don’t like backstory’s and consider it filler but these are one of the times where I get hyped asf for them, I wonder what bro found in the dungeon? I mean Chilchuck is right what was bro doing here for 10 years when the dungeon has been officially known for only 6 years? I’m so curious it gets me so hyped I can’t wait for next Thursday🤩🔥🤩🔥🤩
May 31, 12:21 PM

Apr 2018
I'm just glad they actually used the name 'Thistle' so maybe now the wiki can finally get it right.

(For the uninitiated, his name has been confirmed to be 'Thistle' by the author herself, he's literally named after the flower, but Yen press fucked it up in the official translation, then doubled down on their mistake when the correct transliteration was released and now every time somebody changes his name on dunmeshi wiki to 'Thistle' it immediately gets changed back. sigh. can't have a single show without wikia drama)
May 31, 3:19 PM
Feb 2018
I love these episodes more and more every week. Seeing Marcille do more than just ‘an explosion or a freeze’ spell was neat and Senshi being afraid of stuff?? And the small amount of backstory?? I need more already.

Also Chilchuck being a full grown man with a wife and kids jump scare.
SuzukipotMay 31, 3:23 PM
May 31, 7:02 PM

May 2022
That's a thing we aren't habituated to see: People questioning the origins of each other in a group. So Senshi never saw the sunlight.

Wondering what happened to the other Dwarfs. Can't wait to next week.
May 31, 8:53 PM

Jul 2022
Nooo, poor sky fish! What a great episode. Marcille and Laios stood out in the comedic aspect with the creation of the familiars, and Chilchuck shared what his life was like. I was surprised when he said he had a wife and kids; I had the same reaction as Marcille. Now I'm intrigued by Senshi's past of him.
May 31, 9:33 PM

Sep 2010
TheColonel76 said:
And after quite the struggle and Marcille doing the worm, they were thankfully able to rescue Senshi and caught themselves a new monster which I imagine they’ll eat at some point unless this is the one monster they don’t due to Senshi’s PTSD, but what they did eat was one of the familiars which somehow managed to look delicious, I’m a big fan of fried fish myself. But at the end of the episode is when we got some especially juicy stuff, starting off with the reveal that Chilchuck has a wife and kids he hasn’t seen in years lol, but this lead to Senshi finally telling his tale of where he came from, and based on how he reacted to the griffin, I can probably guess what happened to his mining crew. Also man, just two episodes left, I’m not ready for it to end lol.
After they just used all their meat making the 3 familiars, they're going to have to eat the griffin. At first I thought the skyfish looked like sushi, then like spring roll when Laios started deep frying it. Wouldn't have guessed fish and chips.

I'd have been surprised that Chilchuck had a wife and kids (about as much as a certain reveal in another anime this season), but I came across a spoiler a few weeks ago. >.<

Feels like Marcille upgraded her fpv drone from helicopter, to fighter jet, to rocket.

Kind of surprising that this push to get to know Senshi more than just on a "professional" level came from Izutsumi and Chilchuck.

I assume that gold coating on the pillars is the sort of gold that Laios used to harvest on the higher levels of the dungeon. The fact that only the lower parts of the pillars have been scraped on this level suggests that it was too dangerous to continue, probably due to griffons.
TakataMay 31, 10:18 PM
May 31, 9:59 PM

Jul 2023
Looks like there's more to Senshi than what we had known so far.
patkarununganJun 3, 2:10 AM
May 31, 10:30 PM

Dec 2007
I love this anime so much 🥹 I kinda don’t want it to end

Jun 1, 2:19 AM

Jul 2014
Noo not the sky fish, he’s paying her back for what she did to the two headed dragon
Jun 1, 2:36 AM
Mar 2019
So Senshi was part of the discovery of the dungeon. He may actually have information on how to stop the mad magician. Two episodes left. Let's see how this ends.
Jun 1, 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
Marcille's scenes and reactions won this episode.
Chilchuck having a family was kinda expected tbh. He seems like the most adult and responsible person there.
Jun 1, 7:17 AM
Sep 2021
So Senshi's backstory is up & it's starting to get interesting since it's bound with the dungeon's discovery itself.
Jun 1, 7:43 AM

Feb 2021
I wasn't really surprised when I learned about Chilchuck's age but damn he has a wife and a daughter??? Is he actually quite old for his species?

I love how this show doesn't dwell on a certain topic too long. It helps keeping everything fresh.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 1, 7:59 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Takata
TheColonel76 said:
And after quite the struggle and Marcille doing the worm, they were thankfully able to rescue Senshi and caught themselves a new monster which I imagine they’ll eat at some point unless this is the one monster they don’t due to Senshi’s PTSD, but what they did eat was one of the familiars which somehow managed to look delicious, I’m a big fan of fried fish myself. But at the end of the episode is when we got some especially juicy stuff, starting off with the reveal that Chilchuck has a wife and kids he hasn’t seen in years lol, but this lead to Senshi finally telling his tale of where he came from, and based on how he reacted to the griffin, I can probably guess what happened to his mining crew. Also man, just two episodes left, I’m not ready for it to end lol.
After they just used all their meat making the 3 familiars, they're going to have to eat the griffin. At first I thought the skyfish looked like sushi, then like spring roll when Laios started deep frying it. Wouldn't have guessed fish and chips.

I'd have been surprised that Chilchuck had a wife and kids (about as much as a certain reveal in another anime this season), but I came across a spoiler a few weeks ago. >.<

Feels like Marcille upgraded her fpv drone from helicopter, to fighter jet, to rocket.

Kind of surprising that this push to get to know Senshi more than just on a "professional" level came from Izutsumi and Chilchuck.

I assume that gold coating on the pillars is the sort of gold that Laios used to harvest on the higher levels of the dungeon. The fact that only the lower parts of the pillars have been scraped on this level suggests that it was too dangerous to continue, probably due to griffons.
Takata said:

Yeah I didn’t think about that, they pretty much used most of their ingredients on the familiars lol, it will probably make a good meal after Senshi’s backstory reveal. Also rip, spoilers are a bitch, at least this is more of a funny spoiler tho and not something that ruins the story.
Jun 1, 10:13 AM

May 2015
Sky fish was real MVP!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 1, 2:44 PM

Jun 2019
Trigger did a great job with these chapters. Happy they split this arc into two episodes instead of rushing it.
Jun 1, 7:47 PM

May 2019
Got some lore background on Thistle and Chilchuck with Senshi to be covered in the next episode. About Chilchuck, I too was surprised to find out that he's a familly man and regarding Senshi I think that he will explain how he lived in this dungeon before it was opened to adventurers.
Jun 1, 9:55 PM
Apr 2023
It's funny how shocked Marcille is upon hearing Chil has a family. And actually, it's even funnier that Chil doesn't want 2 out of his 3 daughters to meet Senshi as they might happen to like him for one reason or another and end up marrying him.
Jun 2, 7:06 AM
Oct 2019
Sky Fish MVP!!
And also Marcille reaction when she trying to control the familiars LMAO
It's a serious situation that they are trying to rescue Senshi but i laughing so hard.

But Damn we really didn't know anything about Senshi.
davidyodo24Jun 2, 7:10 AM
Jun 2, 8:41 AM

Feb 2021
That sky fish immediately got cooked after died :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 2, 4:31 PM
Aug 2022
"Why are you so scared of a monster that you've never seen" is such a mean thing to say! Senshi is terrified in a way that we've never seen before, seeing them being so dismissive of his feelings was really hearbreaking. Marcille's desperation is a bit more understandable, given how much she wants to find Falin, but Chilchuck too? C'mon!
(I'm not saying it's badly written, I'm just jokingly mad at the characters for being mean to best boi Senshi lol)

Jun 4, 12:22 PM
Dec 2023
Getting to learn a bit about senshi is so cool. Wonder what happened to his companions, maybe something to do with the griffon?
Jun 5, 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
Marcille stole the episode for me. From her creating Familiars in record time to her giving her absolute all to be in-sync with them xD

Sadly, I got spoiled about the revelation of Chilchuck having wife and kids. Otherwise, my reaction to that info would have been the same as Marcille's.

So Senshi full backstory next episode? Oh, I'm so ready.
Jun 6, 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
Laios awakened by Senshi's breakfast, even Yaad has a fine taste of it, though it takes a chunk of his muscles.

So, we finally know that Thistle is the name of the mad mage, but to subdue him is a whole different story altogether that nevertheless, Laios and the party must still face. With the same ghost bringing them back to the dungeon, Falin's tracks may not be far from them, but to sense a griffin that may be her and not, Senshi senses the worst, and his fears are realized when it comes attacking them, the least of which leaves Senshi all traumatized and captured so fast by it.

The only way to save him is by summoning a Familiar, though trying to get to know him is easier said than done, which his knowledge while may be light years ahead, he's still a rather mysterious person to them. With Senshi's leftover meat, Marcille makes Familiars out of them to locate said dwarf, plus Laios's ingenious idea to turn the Familiars like wyverns and dragons to defend against the griffin, which isn't enough, and manifested in a Sky Fish (which seeing her flap endlessly is funny) that manages to save Senshi and the griffin killed by Kensuke. The funny bit of Marcille's Sky Fish being treated like food, Laios just doesn't care and goes for it...to make rather nice Fish and Chips style.

Getting Senshi to open up about his life and who he really is, apart from the surprise of Chilchuck having a wife and kids, he's just a normal person who's digging up ore..who ended up digging out gold in the very same dungeon. What a shock...
Jun 8, 4:18 PM
Mar 2019
Chilchuck is starting to suspect Senshi is not what he seems.
Jun 13, 2:57 PM

Oct 2018
Ichigo Kanno jumpscare in this episode. Very funny episode too.
Jun 14, 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the Wizard at the beginning :S
Marcille making a familiar to defeat the griffin was so good, but it's true that Senshi is such a mysterious characters, learning more about him was very interesting, turns out he's part of the team who first found the dungeon, meanwhile Chilchuck had even more surprising revelations about him because he has a wife and daughters LOL
Jun 17, 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
Marcille getting fully immersed to control her familiars was so good lmao
Jun 17, 4:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo after this whole time they finally questioning Senshi origin? Moreover its comes from Asebi nothing else. Talk about taking their sweet time to the whole different level, eh?

But better late than never. Since they finally reaching the very low level of the dungeon layer. They really need all information even if its means scratching it from one traumatic experience, from Senshi, i assume. Tho, before that, Marcille always do God's work there with all her magic.

Turn their week worth of meal into three last projectile of familiar seems like a legit move. Not to mention the Sky Fish also served as fish 'n chips. Hell yeah Marcille, truly best girl of this show.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 18, 7:37 PM
Oct 2021
Wow, what an episode?! Even I the watcher didn't dare question Senshi's past. He just seemed like a normal dude who loved cooking
Jul 3, 7:20 PM

Jun 2020
Things marcille go through for the sake of the group…..she deserves all the respect

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

161 by Ruzoku »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25

119 by oozePOP »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28

127 by Zircon45 »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

159 by KitsuFrost »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 8

106 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.