Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 12:33 AM

Nov 2012
I'm always weak to death scenes with the talk before time comes.
Hiroki's work was amazing! idk why I came to like his voice rn and not in other of his works.
I kinda expected a mc dark depression arc to overcome it and improve his skills and personality (I read there's no real progress in his character so I'm kinda worried)

My Candies:

May 21, 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
Who is chopping those onions... Jokes aside, I never intend the anime will have such a heavy-hitting scene even though I know it is coming ever since the first episode. Well done!

May 21, 10:35 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode, Raven was a great dad and a great lord to his people. Such a beautiful and emotional scene
May 21, 8:09 PM
Jul 2017
This anime reminds me Crusader Kings
May 22, 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
holy shit, not every anime makes me feel like crying, and while i didn't cry, i was pretty close,
gotta admit that the last moments of the father talking with everyone were really good
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 22, 8:23 PM
Nov 2013
very touching and sentimental
May 23, 3:44 AM

May 2010
That's kinda random of them to finally show his mom lol. In the manga as of now, afaik, they've never showed their mother. It's to the point where everyone was wondering if she was from some random noble family and was taken back or something
May 23, 6:11 AM
Feb 2022
this is good anime
May 23, 1:46 PM

Aug 2023
Actually killed my favorite character though ;-; Actually a good isekai though imo, and easily the best iskeai/reincarnation genre this season
May 24, 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Elior21
@JoaoNeto11 actually i think it made sense. even to an adult person taking on such position go to war and see his mad dying is difficult not to mention in his previous life he never seen execution so it trew him into struggling with emotions
@Elior21 So you never watched gore videos?

That execution was nothing compared to the average brazilian faction/mexican cartel/ISIS videos. And those are things you'll eventually watch on the internet even if you don't want to. Not to mention movies/series with realistic and bloody depictions of death, which are pretty mainstream. Just watch any tarantino movie.

So yeah, I don't really believe that the average reaction of a person that grew up on our world would be anything like MCs. I'd say the average reaction would be like Rudeus' in Mushoku Tensei, in the first episodes, when Ghislaine decapitated a few bandits that tried to kidnap Eris, and Rudeus was shocked with the blood for a few seconds, but regained his senses just afterwards.
May 25, 7:37 AM

Apr 2008
I am going to miss Raven he was a great character. I cried so hard when he was saying bye to everyone 😭.
May 26, 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
We were not prepared.
I mean who came here expecting anything but ever-happy-op-mc-isekai? or cringe-cheap-drama-op-mc-isekai? or catch-em-all-harem-op-mc-isekai?
Worst part - episode was well executed. So it really hits.
Jun 2, 3:20 PM
Nov 2017
I am so utterly confused. Why in the heck wasn't Raven training Ars to be ready to take over, to the point that Ars had never seen an execution before and was forbidden from going to battle because of his not being used to death, but he takes the kid who's younger then him and literally said two episodes before that he is terrified of conflict and puts him in a command position? What in the world is even going on here? Why hasn't the kid who's supposed to one day take over regardless of what happened in this episode been training for this since the day that he was born? This makes no sense at all.
Jun 2, 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
What a very emotional episode. Lord Raven was honestly a great man who started from the bottom and rose up to the top while loved by others. He's a kind, strong hearted man. All his good karma will return to his domain being the greatest.

"This is how I chose to live. You don't need to feel responsible, not in the slightest." the best Father, Lord Raven Louvent.
removed-userJun 2, 7:53 PM
Jun 3, 3:05 AM

Nov 2019
Despite his illnesses Ars' father fights in the conflict and returns with even worse symptoms; As a result he quickly succumbs to his fate and passes away. It wasn't without its lack of substance, I liked how he had a chat with Ars and the others before his death since this really brought out his impact on the characters up until the end.

Ars is now in charge of House Lourve after the funeral. I wonder how things will progress now that he is taking on the reins of his family's future.
Jun 7, 2:49 PM

Jun 2015
Noooooooooo! The scary and amazing father is gone T_T. I kept telling myself i misunderstood the opening scene of the show, that it's not going to be like this. He was a very good man.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 9, 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
With the war quelled 4 days after Ars's 12th birthday, with his father overworking himself, Raven's poor health is already at the cusp of death. To make things worse, Licia receiving Ars's letters of depression that he's not being suitably able for war, he's training as hard as he can to make up for his father. The final word from Raven to Rietz, Charlotte and Rosell, he has never been proud of Ars bringing them to House Louvent and becoming critical pillars of support, that now with his ailing age, wants the support to be passed down to Ars. A mutual agreement between not the Lord, but as Ars's father, and Licia meeting him for the first time in the condition, though before that he entrusted the rather young Ars to her, knowing that they can further their relationship, which is not explicitly stressed until now.

The final talk between father and son, the baton has been passed whether he likes it or not, after a really good talk in the night before his eventual passing. Mourned by all, but the legacy of Lamberg has to continue with Ars. It's time to move on to a new Lamberg with Ars.

Impressive episode of the series thus far.
Jun 9, 6:13 PM
Aug 2020
Summary of the episode is ''emotional dialogues''
They can't reach people's emotions with the story or animation, so they use dialogue for this
I skipped everything, this is so bad
Jun 24, 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
It's tragic just as I've read it.
Another tear-jerking episode 😭😭😭
The previous episodes were also...
But seriously, this looks like the main point where Ars needs to stand-up to his beliefs and protect his beloved—The main turning point of his story.

IDK why, but Licia's voice is quite charming and familiar. OwO
Her confession to her real feelings was quite lovely.
Ship? No! Marriage? Yes!
CrazyButNot4UJun 24, 5:32 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 25, 9:42 PM

Feb 2019
even though i knew it was coming, it was still sad to see raven bid goodbye to everyone. but he needed to perish in order for ars to grow up i guess.
Jun 26, 5:53 PM

Feb 2015
Glad to see my objection from last episode addressed in this episode. His father eventually realized he should had taken Ars with him to battle when he still could. With this, the issue has been resolved on my side.

The anime so far is really a big surprise. Instead of delving into cliches and repeat the same tropes for a thousandth time, this anime is actually serious about everything it does, and you can feel it.
Jun 27, 7:51 AM
Jul 2013
The pacing felt a bit off with this episode. It felt like his father had not enough screentime for me to be emotionally moved by episode 7. In my opinion, it could have been an awesome and emotional episode if the father was involved more with the Anime's story to create an emotional bound between father and audience before his death. Instead, it feels like his death itself was used to create the missing emotional bound between father and audience. But that kind of failed in my case.
some1uused2knowJun 27, 7:59 AM
Jun 28, 7:43 AM
Dec 2014
Quite the emotional episode!
Jul 2, 5:59 PM
Apr 2023
A silly little isekai like this shouldn't be capable of evoking such grief, yet here we are.
Jul 4, 9:06 PM

May 2015
I haven't felt this upset over a character death in a hot minute. Raven - what a guy
Jul 16, 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
Very good episode. Why didn't they just save this episode for finale?

Jul 17, 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
That was one emotional episode. Guy was not even 40years old yet.

And while life expectancy was low in the middle ages, this is a fantasy world, and dad was sick for years. Ars could have found an S-rank doctor or healer during that time, yet they only started looking for a cure in the final month....
Jul 31, 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
What a great episode :’) RIP, Raven. You’ll be missed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23

53 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 1

86 by Tenderizer79 »»
Aug 4, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

33 by Meepoi »»
Aug 1, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

31 by Magito »»
Jul 30, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

46 by TechOtaku »»
Jul 26, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.