Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 6:10 AM

Mar 2013
Sch4n said:
And author probably said both male and female because of some weird doujinshi thing or to satisfy the western audience.

I do not think it really matters what the reasoning is, does this not make Macaron nonbinary or whatever the proper term is? In any case, they certainly would not considered an "okama", so I doubt it is a matter of him being a crossdresser and therefore a weird wording mistake on part of the author. It is either this or the whole "Nanachii" from Made in Abyss, where this is supposed to be a joke.

I think it is possible there is a Japanese term for it that I am just not familiar with nor the author, or that there is not a one to one translation. Heck, even "Okama" being translated to "cross dresser" is not entirely correct, if I recall correctly. Maybe the author is just unaware of of the Japanese term for non-binary or something, but yeah.

Maybe non-binary is not the right term, but what else would you call someone who the author says is "both male and female"? A futanari?

And Macaron, he literally has Takehito Koyasu, the voice actor for Dio.

Many women have voiced male characters in anime, especially younger characters. Heck, Luffy is voiced by a woman.
Apr 30, 6:12 AM
Jul 2023
you have no idea what you're talking about. get your transphobic ass out of here
Apr 30, 6:37 AM
May 2016
Reply to Sch4n
ktg said:
@Sch4n Yes, you did say. You literally said that "they don't accept it as a norm", which is false and for whatever reason you agree with this statement.
This is actually a pretty obvious thing that fascist does. They change their points regularly, lying, talking about something else etc.

Again, being woke means being normal and that is actually accepted in Japan right now and wokeness was already in the media like 40 years ago.
To be fair, western media aren't pushing it either, they just go after the money. You can hardly find more racist companies than Disney, for example.

In this show everyone is supposed to be a comedic gig, so being male and female in itself is not a comedic gig and calling Macaron non binary or trans is perfectly fine (btw, no, acting feminine was not part of the gig). In Japan media they usually go with these types of explanation to show different types of people to the younger generation. This is still a shounen show.
This is pretty similar how Yamato was explained in One Piece. They don't use complex words.

About the Disney part I agree with you bro.

And them going after money I agree with that. What I'm saying is they are going after money by exploiting vulnerable people who are confused, and by pushing them in a way that really doesn't make any sense or isn't true at all.

After all this it is clear that we have different pov on this topic and no amount of message we exchange is going to change any of our pov.

In the end you weren't rude, you were trying to come up with points which you valid in a way. But I don't accept them and want to know more. But you were good to talk to even though I didn't agree with almost anything that you said.
Sch4n said:
by, "they don't accept it as a norm" I meant they don't accept it as something normal or a part of their culture. But they don't say against it. That's what I meant.

They accept it as much as they accept anime as part of their culture. They doesn't accept it as another thousand year old habit or event, but they accept it the same way as they accept anime.

Sch4n said:
And once again, sir I do not know the meaning of fascism or words like that. I just pointed out what I thought. I don't even know if it means something good or bad. I just googled and the answer was really complicated. I Couldn't understand.

You don't know what woke means and you still keep talking about it, so this is not a really good answer.

Without some complex ideology and definition. Fascists act like you who talk about unimportant stuff that based on unreal things. Instead of actually talking about important stuff that would actually hurt your family (but you could also think about Hitler if that's an easier example).

Sch4n said:
What I'm saying is they are going after money by exploiting vulnerable people who are confused, and by pushing them in a way that really doesn't make any sense or isn't true at all.

That's simply not true. They are not doing this. And those people are not confused (this is also a fascist propaganda that they are "confused").

What they are doing is making their stories more "colorful" and also talk about an important aspect of the world. This is what happened ALWAYS. When women were in the focus, because they were not allowed to get a job or vote, then a lot of stories were about women. And that's the point. The topic was important, so everyone, authors, creators wanted to talk about this and that's why and how they got more "screen time".

Sch4n said:
After all this it is clear that we have different pov on this topic and no amount of message we exchange is going to change any of our pov.

But the sad part is that my "pov" is based on researches and reality, while you keep repeating false things that are already refuted.
It's like you are saying that the Earth is flat. You can repeat it 10 more times, but it won't become true.

Sch4n said:
I didn't agree with almost anything that you said.

That's sad, because then you are disagreeing with reality.
Apr 30, 6:57 AM

May 2021
Like the first reply said, this is such a trivial thing.
Apr 30, 7:08 AM
Oct 2020
Cayusashi said:
you have no idea what you're talking about. get your transphobic ass out of here

It is people like you who wrote that description.

And phobic? Do you think I'm afraid? If you can't stand it then it is you who should despair.
Apr 30, 7:11 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:
Sch4n said:
by, "they don't accept it as a norm" I meant they don't accept it as something normal or a part of their culture. But they don't say against it. That's what I meant.

They accept it as much as they accept anime as part of their culture. They doesn't accept it as another thousand year old habit or event, but they accept it the same way as they accept anime.

Sch4n said:
And once again, sir I do not know the meaning of fascism or words like that. I just pointed out what I thought. I don't even know if it means something good or bad. I just googled and the answer was really complicated. I Couldn't understand.

You don't know what woke means and you still keep talking about it, so this is not a really good answer.

Without some complex ideology and definition. Fascists act like you who talk about unimportant stuff that based on unreal things. Instead of actually talking about important stuff that would actually hurt your family (but you could also think about Hitler if that's an easier example).

Sch4n said:
What I'm saying is they are going after money by exploiting vulnerable people who are confused, and by pushing them in a way that really doesn't make any sense or isn't true at all.

That's simply not true. They are not doing this. And those people are not confused (this is also a fascist propaganda that they are "confused").

What they are doing is making their stories more "colorful" and also talk about an important aspect of the world. This is what happened ALWAYS. When women were in the focus, because they were not allowed to get a job or vote, then a lot of stories were about women. And that's the point. The topic was important, so everyone, authors, creators wanted to talk about this and that's why and how they got more "screen time".

Sch4n said:

But the sad part is that my "pov" is based on researches and reality, while you keep repeating false things that are already refuted.
It's like you are saying that the Earth is flat. You can repeat it 10 more times, but it won't become true.

Sch4n said:

The research you are referring to was based. It was conducted with the sole purpose of making people feel good.

The selection of nature goes against these kinds of people.
Apr 30, 7:16 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:
Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

You may have read some Wikipedia pages and some based research presented by the woke mob.

And if you think that is reality then you may rest with that reality.

For me and my people, I'll present them with a reality where these disgusting ideologies don't exist and where there are no scums of society.
Apr 30, 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
Zimmu said:
Like the first reply said, this is such a trivial thing.

Maybe it is. I should have just ignored it.

The amount of brainwashed people here is just so infuriating.
Apr 30, 7:44 AM
May 2016
Reply to Sch4n
ktg said:
Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

Sch4n said:

You may have read some Wikipedia pages and some based research presented by the woke mob.

For me and my people, I'll present them with a reality where these disgusting ideologies don't exist and where there are no scums of society.
Sch4n said:

The research you are referring to was based. It was conducted with the sole purpose of making people feel good.

This was a pretty idiotic answer, because this is a fallacy. You don't know which research(es) I'm referring, but you are already calling it a lie. You have to be really uneducated to do this.

Sch4n said:
The selection of nature goes against these kinds of people.

Firstly, that is not even true. For example, a bisexual person could easily have children and they are still part of lgbt communities.

Secondly, does this mean that you would be completely fine if we kill your children, if they lose, for example, one of their legs in an accident, because it goes against the selection of nature?
We actually created a society where we can protect the weaker people and this is not about sexuality. So if you are okay with letting your kids die, then I accept your point.

Sch4n said:

See, this is what fascists do. Even without knowing the research, they start calling it a lie. This is how you know that someone is brainless.

No, I'm talking about fully independent researches. Btw, even Japan history prove my point.

Sch4n said:

Here's a quote about Japan History. Learn a little bit, because you are uneducated.
So, this is Japan's history, this is the reality:
"During the Edo period (1603-1867) there was no normative
connection made between gender and sexual preference because all men, whether
samurai, priest or commoner were able to engage in both same- and opposite-sex affairs.
At the time, men’s same-sex relationships were governed by a code of ethics described as
nanshoku (male eroticism) or shudō (the way of youths) in the context of which elite men
were able to pursue boys and young men who had not yet undergone their coming-of-age
ceremonies, as well transgender males of all ages from the lower classes who worked as
actors associated with the kabuki theater. As well as being a conspicuous social reality,
these relationships were widely represented in the culture of the period in art, literature
and on the stage
"

Sch4n said:

So it's okay to kill your children. Got it.

Btw, these "disgusting" ideologies are as old as humanity itself. It was documented almost everywhere even a thousand years ago. Like that quote shows that it existed in Japan. We also know that, for example, it existed in ancient Greece.
Apr 30, 8:22 AM
Oct 2020
When it comes to talking, people like you just give me nothing but disappointment.

I can confidently talk about the research you are referring to because there is no unbiased research. It was never completed.

And you are talking about killing my children....
You will have to put a little more thought into constructing a sentence young man. I never said these people should be killed. If they want to practice their ideology then they should practice it in their house. It is not acceptable to let them do these in public.

Japan is the only G7 country where same sex marriage is not legally recognized. The current Japanese government is trying to hold their values. But I believe they soon will give up and will allow it in the future because of the woke pressure.

And murder is as old as humanity goes, same for theft, same for rape and a lot other crimes. So, because of that if someone comes and says that they are addicted to killing people they just can't stop themselves or people who can't have sexual pleasure unless they rape a woman and pedophiles? what about these people? They also feel like it. They can't control it. Let me tell you these people are scums of society. They should be treated mentally. And since their actions can bring harm to society, they should be executed if they can't be treated.

And for LGBT people they don't bring harm to society. So in any way I don't believe that they should be executed. I had to state it specifically because you would twist my words like you did before. They should be treated.

And Sir you are either totally brainwashed by the mob, or you are one of those who are pushing these kinds of ideology on people. Since you have come to personal insults, you have lost my respect.

You, not acknowledging how the word "woke" is being used in the current world is just one of the biggest kinds of ignorance I have ever seen. It takes a "What does Woke mean" search on YouTube and you will find yourself with a lot of interviews on news channels where these so-called representatives of Wokeness are describing the word.

You calling my points dumb and calling me illiterate and facist or something like that won't make my points false.

As I said before you have lost my respect. Maybe after some time when you will learn how to talk without throwing insults I'll be willing to talk. Getting angry and presenting misinformation and twisting information is all people like you can do when presented with facts.
Apr 30, 10:45 AM

Jun 2021
wow didn't think this thread would become a warzone
Apr 30, 10:48 AM
Oct 2020
MickeyMinaj said:
wow didn't think this thread would become a warzone

It does feel like a warzone lobby you would see back in the time on Xbox
Apr 30, 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
its fine as non binary considering the author themselves call them not male nor female
Apr 30, 11:08 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan
Pretty sure it isnt exclusive to Americans

The Oxford English Dictionary traces singular they back to 1375, where it appears in the medieval romance William and the Werewolf. Except for the old-style language of that poem, its use of singular they to refer to an unnamed person seems very modern. Here’s the Middle English version: ‘Hastely hiȝed eche . . . þei neyȝþed so neiȝh . . . þere william & his worþi lef were liand i-fere.’ In modern English, that’s: ‘Each man hurried . . . till they drew near . . . where William and his darling were lying together.’

In the eighteenth century, grammarians began warning that singular they was an error because a plural pronoun can’t take a singular antecedent. They clearly forgot that singular you was a plural pronoun that had become singular as well. You functioned as a polite singular for centuries, but in the seventeenth century singular you replaced thou, thee, and thy, except for some dialect use. That change met with some resistance. In 1660, George Fox, the founder of Quakerism, wrote a whole book labelling anyone who used singular you an idiot or a fool. And eighteenth-century grammarians like Robert Lowth and Lindley Murray regularly tested students on thou as singular, you as plural, despite the fact that students used singular you when their teachers weren’t looking, and teachers used singular you when their students weren’t looking. Anyone who said thou and thee was seen as a fool and an idiot, or a Quaker, or at least hopelessly out of date.

Singular you has become normal and unremarkable. Also unremarkable are the royal we and, in countries without a monarchy, the editorial we: first-person plurals used regularly as singulars and nobody calling anyone an idiot and a fool. And singular they is well on its way to being normal and unremarkable as well. Toward the end of the twentieth century, language authorities began to approve the form. The New Oxford Dictionary of English (1998) not only accepts singular they, they also use the form in their definitions. And the New Oxford American Dictionary (Third Edition, 2010), calls singular they ‘generally accepted’ with indefinites, and ‘now common but less widely accepted’ with definite nouns, especially in formal contexts.

https://www.oed.com/discover/a-brief-history-of-singular-they/

Examples of the singular "they" being used to describe someone features as early as 1386 in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales and also in famous literary works like Shakespeare's Hamlet in 1599.
"They" and "them" were still being used by literary authors to describe people in the 17th Century too - including by Jane Austin in her 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice.

While these pronouns weren't used historically to define people as gender neutral, 'they' was used to specify a role being undertaken by a person.
"You could say that somebody was say, a teacher, but you didn't know whether that teacher was male or female," Dr Emma Moore, a professor of linguistics at the University of Sheffield, tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
But she says it was from the 18th century onwards that people started using male pronouns when describing someone of a non-specific gender in writing and this marks the time when opinions on what pronouns should be used started to change.
"You might have a sentence like 'if a student comes to see the teacher, he must bring his homework', where he is supposed to refer generically to males and females," explains Dr Emma Moore.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49754930

Not that im saying the translation wasnt awkward and nonsensical that every character was using only singular "they/them" on Macaron who was a stranger to them. That would have worked if it was an androgynous character maybe but it comes off odd that it was silently understood.

>examples are hundreds of years old

lol
@Saimatsu_Fan
That's kind of the point? There is no shortage of grammar experts saying to use it
https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/eb/qa/The-Singular-They

More examples given in this academic paper
Singular they has been present in the English language for centuries, particularly as a bound variable pronoun, as exhibited in (2) from Bjorkman (2017). Many of the present- day English examples cited in the literature also involve co-varying interpretations for singular they, which are anaphoric to indefinites as in (3a)2 or to generic-like definite descriptions as in (3b).

(2) a.
Shakespeare (A Comedy of Errors, 1623)
There’s not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend[.]
(3) a.
Bodine (1975: 139)
When you call on a student, it’s better if you can remember their name.
b.
Austen (Pride and Prejudice, 1813)
Both sisters were uncomfortable enough. Each felt for the other, and of course for themselves[.]
b.
Balhorn (2004: 80)
To operate it, the patient had to answer a series of questions, the final one asking if they wanted to die. If the patient answered yes, the machine would deliver a fatal dose of drugs. (Lessons from Down Under 2000)

Note that in some of the bound variable cases (such as in (2)), the male or female gender of the antecedent is explicit (man, sister). In contrast, referential uses of singular they are for some speakers more limited. These are more likely to be epicene, in which the gender of the referent is “unknown, indeterminate, or mixed” (Bjorkman 2017: 3).

https://www.glossa-journal.org/article/5370/galley/13006/download/
Apr 30, 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
Who are you to say a character only exists for the laughter of the audience?
Apr 30, 3:14 PM

Jul 2016
Sheesh this thread is super long, I’m surprised a Mod hasn’t stepped in and locked it at this rate lmao
Apr 30, 3:53 PM
Dec 2022
This opinion is trash. I’d would explain deeper but it’s honestly exhausting how upset people get over *fictional* characters. Who cares what they are wether they be ‘woke’ or not. I mean anime has been LGBTQA+ positive for awhile now, so don’t act like it’s been just recently being pushed because of ‘western’ audiences.
TheFlowerChildApr 30, 3:59 PM
Apr 30, 7:42 PM

Jun 2023
What a fucking dumpster fire of a thread, lol.
The thing about language is, meanings, definitions, and connotations aren't stagnant. They can change, and/or have multiple meanings and interpretations. I mean...all words are made up in the first place, lol.
Also, why does it really matter if the character is non-binary or not? I don't understand how that would affect the enjoyment of a series.
Apr 30, 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
I think "non-binary" gender is stupid if there aren't rather extreme circumstances for identifying as anything other than your biological sex (because it otherwise limits acceptable forms of expression) but given Macaron's mannerisms, appearance, and the fact their "true form" is a different sex altogether, it's not exactly a stretch to apply that logic. However, whether the author was talking about their sex or gender (in the social sense) they did not use the term non-binary, that was added into translations.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 10:03 PM
Feb 2020
I feel as if a large part of the issue with these types of weebs is that for some bizarre reason they have the idea that japan is this static mystical idealized utopia free from the reaches of the outside world so far ingrained in their heads when it’s literally just another place full of people who are their own individuals. Any progress or deviation from what is considered the norm is considered “the woke west corrupting my beloved nippon!!!”

Having Macron not conform to a gender norm or any other deviation in any other series is either disregarded completely, written off as a “just a joke”, or is considered “pandering to the west for money” because these people cannot fathom that maybe some people in japan actually consider LGBTQ+ as something they support of their own volition instead of their made up fantasy that the west has brainwashed them.

Hell this reminds of when in AI:The Somnium Files had a character (Mizuki) vocally and openly express her support for the LGBT in BOTH games and all these weebs came in saying “erm… that wasn’t in the original text.. 👆🤓woke localizers strike again!!!” only for it to turn out it WAS in the original text. Which led to them moving the goalpost so far as to say that the director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, wasn’t in fact japanese (he is) but a teenage white girl from California, because apparently that is easier to believe than a japanese person supporting the LGBTQ+.

Or for another example, when Bridget from Guilty Gear looks directly at the god damn player and says “I’m a girl”, these uber-weeaboos deny it, claim it’s only a “bad ending result” and even forge a statement from Arc System Works claiming that she isn’t a girl. Even when the god damn creator of the series and director of the game publicly announce “she’s a girl” because apparently they can’t comprehend the words on their screen while playing the game, they still deny or claim it’s just “pandering to the west”

Both of the examples i used are more recent but i could go on, and on, and on about numerous examples like Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, the entirety of the CLAMP group, but the thing is, there’s no point. These people are firmly stuck in their belief that “their glorious japan doesn’t believe in that type of thing” and that any indication that they may support the LGBTQ+ is simply a joke, a cash grab, or they’ve been brainwashed by the west.

These people are so absorbed in media that they can’t possibly see japan as anything other than some utopia like how anime may portray it when it’s literally just another place. People at their core are the same everywhere, even despite the differences that different societies may impose on its people. You can’t just say that gay or trans or whatever people don’t exist outside of the west just because reported numbers are lower in places that don’t accept them. For the longest time left handedness was seen as wrong in a large majority of places and so the number of reported people that were left handed was super low, only for it to skyrocket when it wasn’t so stigmatized. It’s almost the exact same thing as the number of people who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ jumping up because now in a lot of places it’s less stigmatized. And because of that of course representation is going to increase because people can now portray this kind of thing in a positive light without being considered a worshipper of the devil or something.

Saying that gay or trans people don’t exist in japan or that nobody from japan actually supports them is absurd because it’s just blatantly false. They do exist except because it’s still stigmatized over there it’s just less common to see people who are or can be open about it. I literally had a friend from japan who is trans except these basement dwellers can’t accept that because it’s impossible to fathom japan being different from their cartoons, of which frequently show and have shown for the longest time that, yes, trans people and gay people are real, but they just decide to ignore that or write it off as a joke or something.
Apr 30, 11:16 PM
Sep 2021
JoshuaSwart said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

considering the fact that the translation use " they/them" pronouns for Macaron even though calling someone with " they/them " doesn't work in the Japanese or literally 99% of any language, yes

“They” and “them” are English words. Japanese has a completely different pronoun system.

This isn’t a translation problem. This is a “weebs who don’t understand language and translation” problem.

it doesn't change my point that the " they/them " was only added by localizers and obviously wasn't there
Apr 30, 11:18 PM
Sep 2021
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan
That's kind of the point? There is no shortage of grammar experts saying to use it

Singular they has been present in the English language for centuries, particularly as a bound variable pronoun, as exhibited in (2) from Bjorkman (2017). Many of the present- day English examples cited in the literature also involve co-varying interpretations for singular they, which are anaphoric to indefinites as in (3a)2 or to generic-like definite descriptions as in (3b).

(2) a.
There’s not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend[.]
(3) a.
b.
Both sisters were uncomfortable enough. Each felt for the other, and of course for themselves[.]
b.
To operate it, the patient had to answer a series of questions, the final one asking if they wanted to die. If the patient answered yes, the machine would deliver a fatal dose of drugs. (Lessons from Down Under 2000)

Note that in some of the bound variable cases (such as in (2)), the male or female gender of the antecedent is explicit (man, sister). In contrast, referential uses of singular they are for some speakers more limited. These are more likely to be epicene, in which the gender of the referent is “unknown, indeterminate, or mixed” (Bjorkman 2017: 3).

my point is that all of them are old and don't matter anymore
Apr 30, 11:20 PM
Sep 2021
natper26 said:
I feel as if a large part of the issue with these types of weebs is that for some bizarre reason they have the idea that japan is this static mystical idealized utopia free from the reaches of the outside world so far ingrained in their heads when it’s literally just another place full of people who are their own individuals. Any progress or deviation from what is considered the norm is considered “the woke west corrupting my beloved nippon!!!”

Having Macron not conform to a gender norm or any other deviation in any other series is either disregarded completely, written off as a “just a joke”, or is considered “pandering to the west for money” because these people cannot fathom that maybe some people in japan actually consider LGBTQ+ as something they support of their own volition instead of their made up fantasy that the west has brainwashed them.

Hell this reminds of when in AI:The Somnium Files had a character (Mizuki) vocally and openly express her support for the LGBT in BOTH games and all these weebs came in saying “erm… that wasn’t in the original text.. 👆🤓woke localizers strike again!!!” only for it to turn out it WAS in the original text. Which led to them moving the goalpost so far as to say that the director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, wasn’t in fact japanese (he is) but a teenage white girl from California, because apparently that is easier to believe than a japanese person supporting the LGBTQ+.

Or for another example, when Bridget from Guilty Gear looks directly at the god damn player and says “I’m a girl”, these uber-weeaboos deny it, claim it’s only a “bad ending result” and even forge a statement from Arc System Works claiming that she isn’t a girl. Even when the god damn creator of the series and director of the game publicly announce “she’s a girl” because apparently they can’t comprehend the words on their screen while playing the game, they still deny or claim it’s just “pandering to the west”

Both of the examples i used are more recent but i could go on, and on, and on about numerous examples like Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, the entirety of the CLAMP group, but the thing is, there’s no point. These people are firmly stuck in their belief that “their glorious japan doesn’t believe in that type of thing” and that any indication that they may support the LGBTQ+ is simply a joke, a cash grab, or they’ve been brainwashed by the west.

These people are so absorbed in media that they can’t possibly see japan as anything other than some utopia like how anime may portray it when it’s literally just another place. People at their core are the same everywhere, even despite the differences that different societies may impose on its people. You can’t just say that gay or trans or whatever people don’t exist outside of the west just because reported numbers are lower in places that don’t accept them. For the longest time left handedness was seen as wrong in a large majority of places and so the number of reported people that were left handed was super low, only for it to skyrocket when it wasn’t so stigmatized. It’s almost the exact same thing as the number of people who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ jumping up because now in a lot of places it’s less stigmatized. And because of that of course representation is going to increase because people can now portray this kind of thing in a positive light without being considered a worshipper of the devil or something.

Saying that gay or trans people don’t exist in japan or that nobody from japan actually supports them is absurd because it’s just blatantly false. They do exist except because it’s still stigmatized over there it’s just less common to see people who are or can be open about it. I literally had a friend from japan who is trans except these basement dwellers can’t accept that because it’s impossible to fathom japan being different from their cartoons, of which frequently show and have shown for the longest time that, yes, trans people and gay people are real, but they just decide to ignore that or write it off as a joke or something.

pov: you get your idealogy from Tumblr and Twitter
Apr 30, 11:27 PM
Apr 2018
karemi_ said:
And if Macaron was considered NB by the fans then... why would it be bad?
Not like he's a real person with actual feelings who can feel hurt by that lol

Because OP hates LGBTQ+ people
Apr 30, 11:40 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan

(2) a.
(3) a.
b.
b.

my point is that all of them are old and don't matter anymore
@Saimatsu_Fan
Is English even your native language or are you just so deeply entrenched in ideology you want to deny the reality of spoken and written grammar?
Apr 30, 11:52 PM
Sep 2021
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan
Is English even your native language or are you just so deeply entrenched in ideology you want to deny the reality of spoken and written grammar?

sigh..... none of this changes my point
May 1, 12:03 AM

Jul 2023
Why are people allowed to make bait like this?
May 1, 12:11 AM
Feb 2020
Saimatsu_Fan said:
natper26 said:

Having Macron not conform to a gender norm or any other deviation in any other series is either disregarded completely, written off as a “just a joke”, or is considered “pandering to the west for money” because these people cannot fathom that maybe some people in japan actually consider LGBTQ as something they support of their own volition instead of their made up fantasy that the west has brainwashed them.

Hell this reminds of when in AI:The Somnium Files had a character (Mizuki) vocally and openly express her support for the LGBT in BOTH games and all these weebs came in saying “erm… that wasn’t in the original text.. 👆🤓woke localizers strike again!!!” only for it to turn out it WAS in the original text. Which led to them moving the goalpost so far as to say that the director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, wasn’t in fact japanese (he is) but a teenage white girl from California, because apparently that is easier to believe than a japanese person supporting the LGBTQ .

Both of the examples i used are more recent but i could go on, and on, and on about numerous examples like Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, the entirety of the CLAMP group, but the thing is, there’s no point. These people are firmly stuck in their belief that “their glorious japan doesn’t believe in that type of thing” and that any indication that they may support the LGBTQ is simply a joke, a cash grab, or they’ve been brainwashed by the west.

These people are so absorbed in media that they can’t possibly see japan as anything other than some utopia like how anime may portray it when it’s literally just another place. People at their core are the same everywhere, even despite the differences that different societies may impose on its people. You can’t just say that gay or trans or whatever people don’t exist outside of the west just because reported numbers are lower in places that don’t accept them. For the longest time left handedness was seen as wrong in a large majority of places and so the number of reported people that were left handed was super low, only for it to skyrocket when it wasn’t so stigmatized. It’s almost the exact same thing as the number of people who identify as part of the LGBTQ jumping up because now in a lot of places it’s less stigmatized. And because of that of course representation is going to increase because people can now portray this kind of thing in a positive light without being considered a worshipper of the devil or something.

i don’t have a tumblr and you have to be some degree of terminally online to tolerate twitter for anything other than artposts so i fail to see how this is relevant to anything i said. it might do you some good to actually try and comprehend the words on your screen rather than dismiss statements simply because they don’t line up with your own beliefs or because “it’s too old” (because in what world is 2017 considered old?)
natper26May 1, 12:14 AM
May 1, 12:14 AM
Oct 2020
Saimatsu_Fan said:
natper26 said:

Indeed brother. He sounds like he learned his vocabulary from Tweeter.‎ ‎ ‎ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
May 1, 12:16 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan

sigh..... none of this changes my point
@Saimatsu_Fan
You changed your point on your own. You switched from "only Americans" to "too old" even though these are only examples not unique isolated cases so you are completely pissing the point.

Does this woman sound like an American to you?

May 1, 12:16 AM
Oct 2020
joseifan said:

Because people are free enough to take it.
May 1, 12:27 AM
Oct 2022
Sch4n said:
When it comes to talking, people like you just give me nothing but disappointment.

I can confidently talk about the research you are referring to because there is no unbiased research. It was never completed.

And you are talking about killing my children....
You will have to put a little more thought into constructing a sentence young man. I never said these people should be killed. If they want to practice their ideology then they should practice it in their house. It is not acceptable to let them do these in public.

Japan is the only G7 country where same sex marriage is not legally recognized. The current Japanese government is trying to hold their values. But I believe they soon will give up and will allow it in the future because of the woke pressure.

And murder is as old as humanity goes, same for theft, same for rape and a lot other crimes. So, because of that if someone comes and says that they are addicted to killing people they just can't stop themselves or people who can't have sexual pleasure unless they rape a woman and pedophiles? what about these people? They also feel like it. They can't control it. Let me tell you these people are scums of society. They should be treated mentally. And since their actions can bring harm to society, they should be executed if they can't be treated.

And for LGBT people they don't bring harm to society. So in any way I don't believe that they should be executed. I had to state it specifically because you would twist my words like you did before. They should be treated.

And Sir you are either totally brainwashed by the mob, or you are one of those who are pushing these kinds of ideology on people. Since you have come to personal insults, you have lost my respect.

You, not acknowledging how the word "woke" is being used in the current world is just one of the biggest kinds of ignorance I have ever seen. It takes a "What does Woke mean" search on YouTube and you will find yourself with a lot of interviews on news channels where these so-called representatives of Wokeness are describing the word.

You calling my points dumb and calling me illiterate and facist or something like that won't make my points false.

As I said before you have lost my respect. Maybe after some time when you will learn how to talk without throwing insults I'll be willing to talk. Getting angry and presenting misinformation and twisting information is all people like you can do when presented with facts.

Why should people who don't harm society be treated?
May 1, 12:48 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Sch4n
joseifan said:

Sch4n said:

So you admit to this being bait?
May 1, 12:56 AM
Oct 2020
joseifan said:
Sch4n said:

So you admit to this being bait?

No. I'm saying this kind of posts is allowed because it generates more usage for the website and the thread system.

I'm not only talking about myself. I'm talking about Controversial posts like this in general.
Sch4nMay 1, 1:02 AM
May 1, 2:46 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

120 by Ricky16 »»
Jun 4, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13

99 by OfficeMouse »»
Jun 3, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

134 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

154 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 4:30 PM

» New PV with Opening Song

Dbagas8 - Nov 11, 2023

6 by squidchianti »»
Jun 2, 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.