Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 8:24 PM
Sep 2023
"Because I wanted to make you smile" Dam Bro Knocked Her Socks Off With That One, This Might Me Good
Apr 4, 8:34 PM

Aug 2010
Unique start for a romance series. I did read the 1st volume but put it on hold to wait for the anime. Kinda unfortunate that the animation is pretty lackluster but the pacing is good so far.
Apr 4, 9:09 PM
Nov 2018
Any romantic anime where the parties aren't obnoxiously shy, though he is a little too on the other side. I'll give it a try. Even if its kind of weird so far It looks like it has promise to be either cute, or creepy or both.. . The shy guy trope is my least favorite thing, unless it adds actual comedy value.
AmbeonApr 4, 9:13 PM
Apr 4, 9:09 PM

Jun 2023
Big Angel Next Door vibes
Apr 5, 12:04 AM

May 2016
The best part was when she yelled "Baka-yaro!!" at him. Still haven't warmed up to this yet, will give it a couple more eps.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 5, 12:48 AM
Jan 2022
very simple & very hearty! I definitely see this as a spinoff of kimi ni todoke where the female mc is clueless. people don't hate her in this case but despise how clueless she is. main character gets helped with a unbrella in the snow (same as angel next door spoils me but with the rain). i would say not a bad start but lets see how the story progresses.
Apr 5, 1:30 AM

Nov 2023
It feels like any typical shoujo anime, but I thought the episode was a good start for the series.
Apr 5, 1:32 AM
Apr 2022
G: I don't know what love is, my species doesn't understand. I can't relate to anyone, this is not for me.
B: Wanna go out?
G: No
B: Ok then let's get to know each other first

--10 minutes later--

G: Thanks for finding my hair pin. So about dating were tou for real?
B: Yes, wanna go out?
G: Yes

I heard so many good things about this anime but this was the worst 1st episode of a romcom I've ever seen.

I thought, oh so he is going to try teach her about love and how everyone can develop feelings for someone else. And then she will teach him to love himself first and slowly develop feelings for him while we learn their backstories.

Instead, we got the average dumb hot guy with the "I dont undestrand love" female MC who instantly falls for him.

I hope the MCs develop a personality the next couple of episodes or I'm just giving up on this.
Apr 5, 2:19 AM
Oct 2019
Hey another Shoujo to fill the void from "A Sign of Affection" that just ended from Winter 2024.
It's Kana Hanazawa, i love her voice so much.
Apr 5, 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
Well this is boring but shit when they say dumb cliche stuff that's a big no for me

P.S Btw the dude gives me a vibe of a serial killer (when he said something soulmate and whatever, so weird)
Apr 5, 5:34 AM
Aug 2017
I laugh at people calling this a cliche shoujo manga when it's one of the most unique shoujo manga out there. This isn't my favorite manga but it's very unique. It's a literal story about how to life for yourself properly, depicting Hananoi, a toxic man who doesnt think he matters at all and Hotaru, a girl that doesn't care for romance.

Now to the anime...I hate the opening so much. It doesn't fit this show at all...can we bring back the classic shoujo anime openings? Also..the anime is a big downgrade to the manga..I stopped halfway through episode one and had to continue later purely because some of the scenes looked so bad due to the colour and composition. It's like they didn't even try.
Apr 5, 6:16 AM
Jun 2016
I think it was pkay. Sometimes the female lead`s eyes look weird. I wonder is the female lead aromantic.
Apr 5, 6:37 AM

Mar 2012
Loved the first episode, looks like I'm going to enjoy this.
Apr 5, 6:42 AM
Jul 2023
I loved the episode very much. It was wonderful, especially Hananui. He is loyal to his love, which makes him strange, but the girl loved him for this side.
Apr 5, 6:57 AM
Aug 2021
anyone notice if the npc is a cgi there? first i notice it, it's like some kind a weird thing for me... i really love the cemistry on this show but.. why.. why the npc are cgi... i don't want to drop this show.. but in the other side i feel bad for the cgi npc there..... and one more.. the ending so fucking good damn.... please... i don't wanna drop this show especially cause i love the ending song... why the npc is cgi....
Sakurai_YutaApr 5, 7:01 AM
Apr 5, 7:02 AM

Apr 2021
This was really nice to see.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Apr 2008
So, uh, Hananoi's a creep, right? Like those are some heavy stalker vibes. I feel like the show was even acknowledging this until we had the weird flip in Hotaru's reaction between the scene in the snow and the next day. There's the has to be on purpose parallel between the that's what love is lines but without any good reason for the change. I could see maaaybe an interesting thing where their eccentricities and flaws crash off each other and develop them, but that's way harder to write than the fetishism of troubling behavior I expect.
Apr 5, 7:29 AM

Aug 2019
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would! Not sure if I'll stick around to the end but I'll give the next two episodes a sot before deciding
Apr 5, 8:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sure was a unique first meeting. Still i admit that her life of one without romance and one that is instead focused on friends and family is pretty attractive. Hananoi sure went straight for the heart huh. Soulmate as a reason though sure sounds fickle. Still gotta admit his determination to help her. But a relationship where one side is changing himself soo much for the other doesn't seem healthy. Still curious to see where their bond goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 9:18 AM
Nov 2022
It's nice, I liked this first episode, the soundtrack is very good, I didn't expect something like this from this anime xd.

I'm going to give it a chance to see how the story develops, however at the moment it seemed good to me, Hotaru is not annoying, she somehow transmits an aura of tranquility, while Hananoi is quite nice, I thought he would be the typical high school "cool guy" but it's not like that, it reminds me a little of Miyamura from Horimiya.
Apr 5, 9:38 AM
Jun 2023
This is female self insert at its peak,this just the shoujo version of angel next door.
Apr 5, 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
Ugh, idk, I'm getting bad vibes from this.
Hananoi is trying way too much.
Apr 5, 9:47 AM

Oct 2020
I love my romance anime and this show will be wholesome.
Apr 5, 10:37 AM

Oct 2011
Honestly I'm a little bit disappointed, I really like the heroine, but LI gets on my nerves. He's a little bit too obsessed so early on. Also I'm not a big fan of confessions in first eps. Will still watch and see how it goes.
It would be interesting if Hinase were aromantic, wishful thinking.
AyuneeApr 5, 10:41 AM
Apr 5, 10:45 AM
Jan 2024
I like this one very interesting. I wanna see more
Apr 5, 12:41 PM

Feb 2019
“There’s no such thing as someone who shouldn’t fall in love” heard good things about this one coming into it and decent first episode. It’s definitely a very shoujo ass shoujo with the female wish fulfilment concept of a plain shy girl meeting a hot stud and him pursuing her.. you have to suspend disbelief for a bit to enjoy this one. But it’s cute for sure.

It was a little hard to get into at first just because of how aggressive Hananoi was despite just meeting the female lead, and coming off a breakup?? I mean damn, bro didn’t even heal up from his last relationship and already jumping into a new one. Hopefully the story will touch on things like that and how that can lead affect the overall relationship. If you’re not healed from a past trauma, you’re just going to bring that into the next relationship.

Kinda wish the MC had kept his long hair too, that would’ve been unique for a shoujo romance 😢

Don’t think it’ll be as good as Yubiren or Yamada999, but I’m just happy we’re getting more and more shoujo adapted. Still nowhere near the shonen and isekai stuff, but it’s getting better.
Apr 5, 12:53 PM
Jan 2023
Made me squeal like a little girl.there's so much lovely moments.i just cant!!!
Apr 5, 12:57 PM
Jan 2024
I found the first episode to be very underwhelming. never mind the plain looking mc, I can deal with that. what really got me is how unhealthy this dynamic is. the guy gets dumped and then literally like an hour later or so when the mc uses her umbrella to cover him from the snow, he decides to go for her. seriously, not smart and very questionable. the next point is that he is quick to change himself to suit the preferences of whoever he wants to be with, but a healthy view on this would be to make friends and let them get to know him and then go from there because at least then the relationship has a better chance of working because both people like each other for who they are, not some fantasized image of who they think the other person is (ideally). the next point is that he freaking goes out in the snow to look for her hair pin and he wasn't even wearing a coat? he obviously doesn't have a healthy outlook of himself and cares about himself too little. and my last point, the stuff that he's doing could be considered love-bombing and is VERY common in abusive relationships. I find it to be unnerving that something like this is being promoted as romance. I strongly hope that these issues are properly addressed in the story. it would be terrible if people started thinking this kind of behavior was romantic or good in any way. I'm saying this as someone who has taken the time to properly educate myself on DV after going through it myself and helping others through it as well.

side note: his beautiful hair! 😭
Apr 5, 1:13 PM
Feb 2023
And so,my dear friends and humans that identify as a volley ball,and aliens,this was the first chapter of the manga “A condition called love”.
Apr 5, 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
Hotaru's an interesting character. Can't say the same about Hananoi though. Dunno, I just find it extremely corny how he starts looking for a tiny darn hairpin in a snow-covered huge field in the dark while it's snowing; and he's not wearing gloves or cares about getting wet. He didn't even know if the item was important for Hotaru or not. It's kind of creepy even to see him go to such length! Like Hotaru said, I'd worry for the guy getting himself killed over a hairpin! Dude's not right in the head! I'd worry about getting close to such person, especially when you don't know shit about them, and yet they asked to become a couple all of a sudden (on the same day they got dumped!). Insanity!

Now for the animation. From the get-go, when the OP started playing, I thought it was odd. Animation looked weird enough for me to go check who's behind the project (felt like cheap animation). Turns out this show's made by a rando studio who hasn't done tv-series before. Hmmm...

Anyways, gonna see where this show goes, but for now I have low expectations; especially after that cheesy "falls in love after umbrella-sharing" BS. I don't know which is more cringe trope, umbrella or bumping to someone by accident and then falling in love.
Apr 5, 2:42 PM
Oct 2023
The story was too rushed for my liking
Apr 5, 4:36 PM

Aug 2017
Shoujo romance are always welcome to me and while I like this more than I did with A Sign of Affection, I find this dynamic already so shallow and the reason why he fell in love. Hard to find male leads that I like in my shoujo.
Apr 5, 4:37 PM

May 2021
It warmed the heart. The couple is super cute and very beautiful. Hananoi-kun has a slightly different way of loving ahah but he doesn't do it out of malice. It all happened very quickly, but I liked it and I have high expectations for this novel.

Apr 5, 8:07 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to Softhenic03
Sexiest guy in town.. a very oblivious, plain looking, one who doesn’t know the way of the world kind of girl, and then the next thing you see… they are already going out, for reasons even unknown to god. Female self-insertion at its peak lol.

I mean this wasn’t even laughable, the guy just got dumped by a girl who was as unimportant as, it seems, the logic in this series, and then some snowing in the background, some umbrella stuff, and dude literally went and proposed to the main girl the next day… what? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? No the main question is, why? He handsome right, so if it was some pussy he wanted he would’ve gotten it anyways, why this roundabout way?

The pair seems so out of ordinary, that even the main girl is surprised over the sequence of events. Throwing some cheesy lines like “I did this for you”, won’t make for the stupid stuff we watched for the better part of this episode.

This guy is the perfect guy of the modern world who can make the girls wet… he’s good looking, he’s tall, he’s toxic.. just missing the beard. Again self-insertion at its peak lol.

“I’ll do anything as long as it is for you and makes you smile”. Lmaoooo, dude who passed the k-drama script here? This is hilarious more than it is bad. Very low expectations going forward.
@Softhenic03 my exact thoughts. so uncreative. said this, Ohayou Ibarahime was even worse
:v
Apr 5, 8:28 PM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:
@Softhenic03 my exact thoughts. so uncreative. said this, Ohayou Ibarahime was even worse

what are you talking about kids? don't pretend to know
Apr 5, 8:52 PM
Jan 2022
i shall continue to put umbrellas over the heads of ladies until i find my true love
Apr 5, 9:56 PM

Aug 2016
Yes! So happy to see this manga turned into an anime.
Apr 5, 10:34 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to R1saenami
MichaelJackson said:

what are you talking about kids? don't pretend to know
@R1saenami watch more romance anime and youll get why this one is bull
:v
Apr 6, 12:00 AM

Jan 2021
It felt like it went too fast, but okay, understandable. They wanted to get into the main story right away. Hotaru is as sweet and cute as I've always imagined ♡

Apr 6, 12:02 AM

Apr 2020
It felt like a creepy version of 'Skip to Loafer'. I feel the guy is too mature and experienced to be courting a very naive and innocent girl. At least in Skip to Loafer, Shima wasn't really courting Iwakura but just got interested in her treating him differently than most girls who see him as a popular crush. This show on the other hand gives me the same 'off' feeling I had for "A Girl and Her Guard Dog".
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 6, 3:08 AM

Apr 2020
these two will be one odd couple, but i like it.
He looks better with longer hair imo, so i kinda hope he grows it out again.
He does seem a bit too pushy (for my liking), but sometimes people do need a little push so.. we will see how the relationship will develop. :))

i also love the fact how casually she approached him. :D
LimiosaApr 6, 3:16 AM
Apr 6, 3:13 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

I've watched a lot of romance anime than you,
Apr 6, 3:21 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

I watched kokoro yabai yatsu, otonari tenshi, tonikaku Kawai, kamisama Hajimesita, fuufu ijo koibito minman, fruit basket, Rurouni Kenshin, kaicho wa maid sama, Kimi ni todoke, Kaguya sama, tsunlise
Apr 6, 3:24 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

plastic memories,shigatsu Kimi wo uso , aoharu ride, akagami shirayuki hime.
Apr 6, 3:46 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

I only watch romance, sometimes I only watch action if there's romance, for example shuka shuka, Inuyasha, kamichama karin, Rurouni Kenshin, megami mamoru kun
Apr 6, 3:48 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

Most of your lists are just action, not romance
Apr 6, 3:49 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

You're just jealous
Apr 6, 4:11 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:

But now I'm more into romance, slice of life
Apr 6, 4:42 AM

Jul 2021
Think I used to like this manga years ago but dropped it because it suddenly got boring for me. The ML, yeah a lot of people ik including myself hates him at first but it's something to get used to. The anime is quite stiff, doesn't have that direction like A Sign of Affection to keep me engage so not going to bother to continue.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 6, 7:42 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Softhenic03
Sexiest guy in town.. a very oblivious, plain looking, one who doesn’t know the way of the world kind of girl, and then the next thing you see… they are already going out, for reasons even unknown to god. Female self-insertion at its peak lol.

I mean this wasn’t even laughable, the guy just got dumped by a girl who was as unimportant as, it seems, the logic in this series, and then some snowing in the background, some umbrella stuff, and dude literally went and proposed to the main girl the next day… what? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? No the main question is, why? He handsome right, so if it was some pussy he wanted he would’ve gotten it anyways, why this roundabout way?

The pair seems so out of ordinary, that even the main girl is surprised over the sequence of events. Throwing some cheesy lines like “I did this for you”, won’t make for the stupid stuff we watched for the better part of this episode.

This guy is the perfect guy of the modern world who can make the girls wet… he’s good looking, he’s tall, he’s toxic.. just missing the beard. Again self-insertion at its peak lol.

“I’ll do anything as long as it is for you and makes you smile”. Lmaoooo, dude who passed the k-drama script here? This is hilarious more than it is bad. Very low expectations going forward.
@Softhenic03

Might want to wait as the story progresses to find out why he asked her out.

Because none of what you just said there is actually true :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

67 by mylovetokoyami »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

35 by Moppit »»
Yesterday, 9:49 AM

» I can't be the only one who's starting to get worried with only 2 episodes left

griddyweeb - Jun 10

11 by Zeldini »»
Jun 11, 7:56 PM

» Hananoi is Crazy

TheMageDalamar - Apr 26

44 by BklynBlitzKrieg »»
Jun 8, 8:48 PM

» Why nobody talking about his haircut

iNinjeek - Apr 27

12 by Cheonyu »»
Jun 7, 11:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.