Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 13, 2023 4:01 PM
Aug 2022
what does the noble mean by "grands"? i just found it that one of supposedly doem allies uttered this word but i can't recall such being said in the LN or game or even in the manga. it's one of cult's associates? got me curious as hell
Dec 13, 2023 4:24 PM
May 2017
well the deaths of Asshat and her mother is just fitting lol

it is what it is
dxtremecaliberDec 13, 2023 4:36 PM
Dec 13, 2023 4:26 PM
Dec 2022
o 10 e o 11, estão perfeitos, sem duvida, o melhor isekai possivel já criado
Dec 13, 2023 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
10/10. can't wait for season 4
Dec 13, 2023 4:38 PM
Oct 2019
Amazing, holy shit!!!!
Dec 13, 2023 5:09 PM

Aug 2022
I reckon this might be the first time we've seen Cid genuinely disgusted, judging by his expression. Usually, he's as indifferent as it gets, not flinching even at brutal murders. But Rose getting betrayed by her own mother seems to have thrown even him for a loop. What makes it worse is that it looks like people were well aware of Maso and her mother's public make-out sessions, yet no one bothered to clue Rose in on the situation.

The way the bedroom scenes were all blurry when they happened but crystal clear during Rose's flashback really drives home how deeply she's been scarred. Even though Maso and her mother were undeniably gross together, it's the betrayal from her mother that turned Rose's stomach, rather than igniting the spark Shadow hoped for.

Despite all this, I doubt Rose could have nailed her mother with a solid prosecution. So, I'm kinda relieved that the 'mastermind' himself decided to make their heads roll. Those two deserved what they got.
Dec 13, 2023 5:47 PM

Apr 2022
fanservice carries yet again.
Dec 13, 2023 6:02 PM
Sep 2016
Huh!? During the entire EP I thought: Black Rose already!!? Wasn't this season supposed to be 13 EPs? What will they do with the last EP? The next arc is definitely won't be covered in a single EP. Turns out, this season is only 12 EPs instead.... Now everything make sense.

I really wished for the next arc be covered in a movie or something. It's definitely not enough for another season, yet combining it with the arcs after to made up a season would just feel awkward considering how different it is from every other arcs. Or at least a few EPs (4-5 EPs) OVAs.....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Dec 13, 2023 6:07 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Comander-07
Please tell me there is a second cour hidden somewhere? I dont want this to be over next week already!
11 episodes in and it manages to stay just as perfect as season 1.

I fully expected Shadow to casually oneshot the enemy monster, I wasnt expecting them to cram it into this episode though.

PS: The production value for this show really is insane, it elevates a really good show to an outstanding one

PPS: How little attention can one bitch be paying??
@Comander-07 There won't. The next arc is VERY different from the rest it deserves to be a standalone (maybe a movie or a couple OVA EPs). Combining the next arc with Oriana Empire or the arc after together in a season would just be really awkward. You'll see why in the next EP.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Dec 13, 2023 6:23 PM

Feb 2018
Dang Cid got his hand slipping technique countered lol. And bruh, he's performing while basically naked? What happened lol.

Damn, Rose is really having a hard time, welp time for some moody piano lmfao.

Sheesh, another dramatic end, we all know that Cid would easily take care of the situation lmao.

Welp, next episode is the final one rip, gotta see how the finale of this season goes.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Dec 13, 2023 7:00 PM
Dec 2022
Stark700 said:
Poor Rose, it seems this show really has her being in the wrong crowd except this time, she even gets her mother into danger.

At least this episode does show how much Cid cares about her, with the lengths he goes to save her and the queen. Honestly, Rose feels like a burden this season.

heck no!! he doesn't care about her or anything he only wants to complete his fantasy in this fantasy word.
Man, this episode drove me crazy. I was about to go to bed and this woke me for another hour.
Still feeling the goosebumps...
Dec 13, 2023 7:05 PM

Jul 2017
Cid is still in his handholding infancy, but the handholding scene...yelp, he sure is the ladies' man with flavour. But with Reina and Perv Asshat having their intimate moments even in borad daylight, Cid sure is un-entertained that it has become a political soap opera diorama, and surmises that once Rose has seen the truth of the tyranny, she would go berserk. And true as indeed, Rose indeed fainted at the possibility which has become the harsh truth, which Cid tries to help salvage her by showing the way while playing his Moonlight Sonata, and especially the Ring of Succession that he stole from Perv, given to Rose. If anything, Cid played the perfect role.

All Cid needs to do now is to wait upon calamity's break, as the political wedding between Rose and Perv Asshat proceeds...to find that the ring has already been stolen, which means that his seat in the Rounds will be jeopardized. Even at the ceremony, Cid is still parading as the commoner while Perv is stilll finding his ring, and Rose outright rejects the wedding with the Ring of Succession, which plays her father the King Geerk's recording for all to see, entrusting the Oriana Kingdom in Rose's hands. That's where the 9th Rounds Seat Mordred comes in to bring calamity into the kingdom: the Black Rose Ragnarok.

The only person who can stop it, is Shadow himself. Cid vs. Mordred, a treacherous finale fight.
Dec 13, 2023 7:40 PM
Oct 2019
Cid misunderstanding continues, he really think it's a Black Rose flower.

Omg Rose Mother and Perv Asshat, disgusting 🤮

That ending scene was so EPIC!!

Also this episode was longer than usual.
Dec 13, 2023 8:26 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to SkypeUwU
She just got bad wifi, it took her a whole hour to realise what happened
@SkypeUwU
I know, my reaction is like "not only is she a BAD MOTHER but she is also beyond STUPID." The manga made her corrupt and pig hearted at worst, yet the anime definitely made it clear the queen had a TERRIBLE brain.

Anyway, I did like the golden reaction from the Queen's "lover," the fool really had a priceless reaction when he lost the ring.

As for Rose, poor girl had to learn her mother is just a terrible person, now she understands why Shadow Garden wanted to kill the queen. Princess even barfed in how her mother engaged in NTR with the man Rose hated the most.

On the side note, maybe Victoria was at fault for not elaborating to Rose, about the queen's corrupt activities, but it would have been unlikely if Rose would have believed unless she saw the queen's true colors first hand.
Dec 13, 2023 8:42 PM

May 2019
With Rose's mother being killed by Mordred Rose won't have to deal with her anymore, nor with Perv Asshat for that matter. Rose has been one of my favorite characters in this series and I like how she still thinks fondly of Cid but it's a bit of a shame that she hasn't made the connection that Cid = Shadow.

For now Shadow will need to deal with Mordred and I'm looking forward to their fight.
Dec 13, 2023 9:01 PM

Feb 2020
Feel so bad for Rose :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2023 9:25 PM
Mar 2013
Okay great ep but I have a question and a comment.

The question: Was Cid playing the organ that was in the bgm for the whole Ragnarok summoning scene, or just those few notes right before disarming it? I mean, Mordred made a face and paused and everything when it started.

The comment: If anyone needs help stomaching the Perv and queen scene, picture this. Ferdinand from bookworm saying his lines, instead. I did and it made me laugh. Didn't even imagine him being with anyone. Just saying them.
Dec 13, 2023 9:44 PM

Feb 2021
And so it seems the next episode will adapt the end of this current arc, quite well paced this season was.
Dec 13, 2023 10:27 PM
Nov 2019
dammm rose meledak
musuh baru datang
My Candies :
Dec 13, 2023 10:47 PM

Oct 2021
Roses are dragons `n violets are red. Two more episodes (Q_Q) . . .

~ [ 🄼🅄🄳 🄾🄽 🅃🄷🄴 🄻🄾🅃🅄🅂 ] ~
Dec 13, 2023 11:26 PM
Mar 2022
Anyone else notice this episode had an extra 3 important minutes? XD
Dec 13, 2023 11:51 PM

Oct 2023
god dang the Entry of him 👌😘🤯
Dec 14, 2023 12:09 AM
Aug 2022
I thought there was more Zeta in this episode, but it is still an awesome episode
S2 is so good, can't wait for the episode finale~
Dec 14, 2023 1:36 AM
Nov 2023
This is an extremely excellent episode, and the production team's control over the performance is really perfect. It's truly amazing.

The princess's knowledge of the truth is truly heartbreaking. She didn't feel much when reading comics, but after the anime performance, she became more empathetic, and the moonlight connection afterwards was particularly good.

During the wedding confrontation, the split shot performance of the princess pulling out her sword was even more outstanding. The final appearance of the shadow should not be too outrageous, indicating that the final battle will definitely not be worse than the first season
Dec 14, 2023 1:42 AM
Jun 2023
this ep is best ep in this season so far, i love it, music, animation and dialogues are top notch, poor rose ,i think her mother was also manipulated , and the art of Ragnarok is super,next ep is epic battle , I am sooo hyped,it's go
Dec 14, 2023 1:44 AM
Apr 2023
LOL - all that preparation to summon a creature of absolute destruction only to see it about to be minced in a few seconds
Dec 14, 2023 1:46 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Fking sick hahah. So keen for the S2 finale next week, should be hype!!
Dec 14, 2023 1:48 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to Vooo
dogshit anime of the year 100%
@Vooo go away lol, why you watching XD
Dec 14, 2023 2:35 AM

Aug 2013
The disappeared ring scene was great.

The VA and music were really on point this episode, it even gave me some Code Geass vibes.
Dec 14, 2023 3:19 AM
Apr 2021
wuhuuuuuuu can't wait last episode this season, very good adaptasion
Dec 14, 2023 3:33 AM
Nov 2019
Incredible, absolutely incredible. I'm speechless.
Dec 14, 2023 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
Rest in Piss, Perv Asshat, the greatest character name of all time
Dec 14, 2023 4:48 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Tachi27
@Tachi27 this is massive, god please i hope we get an announcement of a 3rd season as soon as ep12 comes out!!!
Dec 14, 2023 4:51 AM

Apr 2017
@landofthekwt it's Mordred that killed them both, you can deduct that by her shocked expression to seeing them both get beheaded one after the other.
Dec 14, 2023 4:52 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Kirito_online
@Tachi27 this is massive, god please i hope we get an announcement of a 3rd season as soon as ep12 comes out!!!
@Kirito_online i hope we get an announcement of a 3rd season as soon as ep12 comes out too i am interest of returning earth arc
Tachi27Dec 14, 2023 6:00 AM
Dec 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Khatami_Husaini
her mom really a slut
@Khatami_Husaini her death gave me so much mental stability and relief like you wouldn't believe.
Dec 14, 2023 4:55 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Sherry722
btw did anyone notice that this ep was 26 minutes and 27 seconds long
@Sherry722 oh crap i just realized that, but who can notice this when it already feels like 5 mins anyways
Dec 14, 2023 4:58 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Marinate1016
Epsilon, sis, give it up. Just embrace the flatness lmao everyone knows but her at this point

Perv opening the ring box 4 times hoping it would magically appear during his little monologue was hilarious man. He thought he had everything so perfectly planned out only for Cid to throw a wrench in his plans

Feel so bad for Rose. Having to kill her dad and then seeing your mom fucking the dude that’s behind everything. Her throwing up after learning the truth was real af.

The mom didn’t even standup for the wedding entrance ceremony 😭 that bitch deserved a way worse fate than a quick and painless decapitation. Didn’t even care about her own daughter being killed after all this is done

We finally get to see Mordred, the real brains behind the operation. He’s on a totally different level than the enemies we’ve faced so far. So fast that his blade is imperceivable to most.. sounds like a job for Shadow

Can’t wait for the finale next week, sadly we’ll probably have to wait a while for more LN content to get another season
@Marinate1016 the anime catched up the LN!!!!???? NOOOOOOOO!
Dec 14, 2023 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
i dunno what shadow sama doing there !! ( hes pllaying piano when wedding rose )

he should can stop that rounds nine before activated ragnarok ...

but well he is shadow leader ...
Dec 14, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Tachi27
@Kirito_online i hope we get an announcement of a 3rd season as soon as ep12 comes out too i am interest of returning earth arc
@Tachi27 could you tell me why
of all shadow garden again?
Dec 14, 2023 6:01 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Kirito_online
@Tachi27 could you tell me why
of all shadow garden again?
@Kirito_online what do you mean?
Dec 14, 2023 6:10 AM
May 2017
enjoyed this episode all around, glad that wh0re and perv got what was coming to them. Not too suprised it wasn't Rose to do it though. Cid wanted her to be a tyrant for a new plotline in a future arc but she doesn't have that dawg in her for that

and damn that piece cid played for the introduction of ragnorak slapped hard. I hope we get a full version to that ost, i'd like to use that in my gaming videos

4.5/5
Dec 14, 2023 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
Ah shit one more episode to go, it doesn't really feel like it should end.. the enemy just seems like another background character.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 14, 2023 9:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the location for a secret lab lol. Margaret sure is persistant huh. But man the sparring between her and Epsilon really was chilling. Really feel for Rose though finding out that your own blood wanted to kill you as well all in the name of a sick love for the worst man imaginable. Between Beta, Vic and Epsilon Shadow really has quite the monoply on well endowed subordinates. What a wedding that turned out to be. And one that showed well that until you gained a total victory there's always room for upsets. The black rose huh fearsome indeed but not quite at shadows's level. Still Rose resolving to end things this way sure made the wedding a rather unforgetable one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2023 11:44 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Tachi27
you said
so i wanted to know why her exactly.
Dec 14, 2023 1:30 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to OrangeMoonSG
@Dani12600000 IKR, this is one level above some of the season 2 episodes which has sloppy transitions compared to season 1. I am so glad they did not mess this and Yukime's ark's climax. Meanwhile the vampire ark finale has me scratching my head, beta does not even look like beta there...
@OrangeMoonSG Exactly, and I hope the next episode has a great connection with the first episode of the first season (I don't know of any other anime that has ever made
/ the thing that happen in the manga)
Dec 14, 2023 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to uncleqrow
@Comander-07 There won't. The next arc is VERY different from the rest it deserves to be a standalone (maybe a movie or a couple OVA EPs). Combining the next arc with Oriana Empire or the arc after together in a season would just be really awkward. You'll see why in the next EP.
@uncleqrow not as awkward as not getting more eps
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 14, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2023
Cool, It was amazing the last part
Dec 14, 2023 4:52 PM
Jan 2019
truly magnificent
Dec 14, 2023 6:32 PM

Jul 2019
"If you can't just naturally master that mold, the road to being a named character must be rough." (Cid Kagenou, S2 EP 10)

"I differentiate world into two; precious things and not. There will be an unreachable dream if I do not. Time is limitless, same goes with venture. That's why, I dedicate everything to the precious things and dispose the things that are not." (Cid Kagenou, S2 EP 11)

Don't mind, just leaving a trail on here.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

318 by Sayan_Pal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2023

94 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

127 by Sayan_Pal »»
May 31, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

218 by PrimeX »»
May 31, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2023

159 by Sayan_Pal »»
May 30, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.