Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 24, 2023 6:43 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Comander-07
Ok this show is getting weird again. The season was surprisingly good at the start but then whe had weird SoL episodes with way too many characters to keep track off and I genuinely started to question if this season even had a plot, now this is suddenly a major incident out of nowhere?

Im sure this is supposed to be a cool episode but it feels like we skipped a few volumes again. Why is the emperor dragon siphoning Filos exp? How is he able to just take over Shield Heros shield like wtf?? How is that even a thing!

Also the animation was weirdly CGI heavy, not even talking about the dragon but halfway through every other frame of a character felt like CGI?

Motion felt weirdly fluid, dont know how to describe it, overanimation but its CGI.

As others have already said "out of place" is a good way to describe not just this epiosde but the entire season.
The way things are going I wouldnt be surprised if Naofumi and Ren suddenly wake up at school back in their old world and had exam season so we would get an entire school arc.

I wanted to talk about Ren making progress and reflecting on his actions but this ep really just threw me off.

What happened to Spear lolicon hero? Wasnt he just with them 2 eps ago and now hes suddenly gone?
Comander-07 said:
Im sure this is supposed to be a cool episode but it feels like we skipped a few volumes again. Why is the emperor dragon siphoning Filos exp? How is he able to just take over Shield Heros shield like wtf?? How is that even a thing!

Dragons can do a lot of unique things in this world that no one other can.
In S1 Filo ate some of the dragon core fragments and her power is now being siphoned. The shield also absorbed a fragment. When Naofumi used the Wrath Shield against Kyo he also borrowed power from the Dragon that was in the shard in his armor that's why he has control over it.
The Dragon wants to conquer the world with these two power sources(Filo and shield guy).
Spear Hero is doing what Naofumi told him, he's training. He's also protecting Naofumi's village by hunting bandits(that's why he was fighting Ren two episodes ago but the anime skipped this info). And he's also building a filolial harem(one way or another, he's always surrounded by chicks).
Nov 24, 2023 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know what the hell is happening anymore. Well... I actually lost track mid-S2 but now I'm 100% lost. Things are now happening for the sake of happening. Like, can we all just go find dumbass Itsuki, kill Malty if possible and regroup to fight that damn Phoenix boss? Please?
Nov 24, 2023 7:59 PM

Feb 2019
i was starting to get annoyed with wyndia, but then she gave them her backstory so now it makes sense why she hates Ren. but now filo's out of commission and naofumi's the last fighter standing. how will he end this fight against this emperor dragon?
Nov 24, 2023 9:12 PM
Oct 2021
nahh i never thought that Naofumi's party will get fucked up like this, hope they can bounce back in the next episode
Nov 24, 2023 9:36 PM

May 2022
3D animation continues to be a bad point in this anime since first season.

Interesting knowing that Wyndia's father was the Zombie Dragon in season one (How is it possible?). Now it explain why she demonstrated such hate to Ren in her face.
Nov 24, 2023 10:02 PM
Nov 2018
Isn't this Naofumi fault for leaving the Dragon Emperor Core in a bag on his nightstand to begin with? Something supposably evil so have been hidden away and lock up.
Nov 24, 2023 10:41 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was kinda sick, finally, and the animation was good again, they even fixed a bit the goofy ahh 3D dragon model lol

Funny how Gaelion went from being Drago from Bakugan to being the Red-Eyes Black Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh! lol, I must say tho that him opening his chest just to reveal Filo trapped inside was metal as fuck.

I have a complaint on how the plot is now... there are, like, way too many characters?
-"If he is going, I'm going too!"
-"Well, if she is going I'll goo too because she is my friend!"
And so on, and so on... that is really lame.
I like that Naofumi finally went from having a small party to having an entire guild at this point, but many of the new characters don't really do shit, sure they all can fight and help but it always ends in "the Wrath shield is the solution!", and most of the time they only say npc dialogues like "Naofumi, we must hurry!" and he looks at them like "yeah no shit" lmao

And another thing that bugs me is that most of his party/guild now is formed by kids.
Yeah, I know, harem, lolis, yeah yeah woohooo, and I'm not gonna go and say that it ruins this and shit when I'm on the 8th episode of the 3rd season of a series of which I even read the manga, but fuck, it IS getting a bit annoying...

Anyways, c'mon, Naofumi is so weak he even let the dragon control his stats? Hunt Hero or not, I bet Kizuna soloed him in her world lmaooo (I miss her so much, Kizuna my beloved~).
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Nov 24, 2023 11:10 PM

Dec 2022
this anime is consistently going downhill but this story is much better than the second season But pacing absolutely sucks
Nov 25, 2023 12:57 AM
Jan 2021
The whole Demi human girl dad dragon thing just feels so meh. I already found her annoying and this whole naofumi letting everyone tag along with him to the dragon den just seems so out of character. Sure he’s grown from the brooding I hate everyone naofumi he was in season 1, but allowing kids to go there is just a liability. Not only that but even after seeing filo get swallowed whole you still sit and listen to that child about don’t do it dad, like what filo is inside that and you hesitate because the zombie dragon is her dad. If naofumi doesn’t use the wrath shield next episode and goes ballistic just gonna be disappointed. If the spear hero shows up and uses his deadly sin I would be alr with that too. I just want to see naofumi let loose already, the episodes when he uses that shield are the best ones imo.
Nov 25, 2023 2:05 AM
Feb 2022
Is it just me or are there an infuriating amount of cliffhangers in most shows this season? I mean there are a lot of highly popular animes that methinks shouldn't have to use it so much. Mega power up by the antagonist at the end to keep us guessing and all that. Get hold of that holy howitzer already Naofumi!
Nov 25, 2023 2:08 AM
Feb 2022
Stark700 said:
Poor Filo. Her health became a problem this episode, which is kinda unusual considering she's been healthy this season so far until now. That didn't stop her from confronting a dragon though.

Episode also goes to show how much Naofumi's party cares about Filo's well-being. They've truly became a close family to her.

Getting a little tired of Shield Party members going on a constant rollercoaster with their power level. Feels like a cheap trick to add tension and drama. Fix that and I'm all in. Filo better not have to start from the beginning. Again.
Nov 25, 2023 2:27 AM

Aug 2018
Filo become a Titan shifter. The Dragon Titan 😂
Nov 25, 2023 2:41 AM
Mar 2022
It's really frustrating that Naofumi can't shut the brats up and approves everything and then has to force himself to protect the brats
Nov 25, 2023 4:22 AM
Jan 2018
Where the hell is the bow hero?
Nov 25, 2023 6:28 AM
Apr 2023
I can't believe I got impressed and annoyed of Wyndia's existence in just one episode.
Nov 25, 2023 6:37 AM
Oct 2021
I love this episode,honestly,i like it
Nov 25, 2023 12:50 PM

Feb 2016
KeyZero said:
YES! I FEEL YOU! I thought i was the only one bothered by that.

davidyodo24 said:
LMAO glad I'm not the only one bothered by that.

Don't get me wrong. I really like dumb shows, and dumb episodes of decent shows. It's just that... this village really needs some "Lower Decks characters", straight persons (tsukkomi) who ask the important real life questions. Especially when all the main characters are just standing there, confused and paralyzed by action. Is there no "Carpenter Hero" who can come to the rescue?
I of course really like this utter stupidity of seeing Naofumi and the others sitting in a house with a enormous hole in the roof. As none of them is even bothered by it! This season really is pure gold, in that aspect. And I love it!
Nov 25, 2023 12:51 PM
Nov 2019
I haven't read the source material or anything, but I can't help but feel like a lot content was skimmed over to get to this point.
Nov 25, 2023 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty decent CGI. The battle is intense!
Nov 25, 2023 2:37 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Teisatsu
KeyZero said:
YES! I FEEL YOU! I thought i was the only one bothered by that.

davidyodo24 said:
LMAO glad I'm not the only one bothered by that.

Don't get me wrong. I really like dumb shows, and dumb episodes of decent shows. It's just that... this village really needs some "Lower Decks characters", straight persons (tsukkomi) who ask the important real life questions. Especially when all the main characters are just standing there, confused and paralyzed by action. Is there no "Carpenter Hero" who can come to the rescue?
I of course really like this utter stupidity of seeing Naofumi and the others sitting in a house with a enormous hole in the roof. As none of them is even bothered by it! This season really is pure gold, in that aspect. And I love it!
Teisatsu said:

The studio doesn't have the budget to make changes to the village.
The manga is a faithful adaptation and it show them constantly working on the village. Tearing down old houses, building new ones. There's scaffolding and building materials everywhere.

Nov 25, 2023 6:06 PM
Nov 2023
in the last season and in another world, Raphtalia has been chosen to be a Katana hero, but in this episode she is a total useless, seems like she is not a hero anymore :/
Nov 26, 2023 1:06 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The classic one sided defeat, maybe this is where Ren does something.
Nov 26, 2023 3:18 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hm okay better than the last 2 episodes. Hyped for the next one!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 26, 2023 4:05 AM
Nov 2019
mantap ini baru animasinya bagus
melawan kaisar naga iblis
My Candies :
Nov 26, 2023 4:23 AM
May 2021
Best episode of Season 3 🔥. So dam epic bruhhh and Naofumi spamming shield after shield at the end reminded me of that Heaven's judgement beam by that priest scene in Season 1
Nov 26, 2023 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
This dragon raid episode was really good, one of the best this season. Excited for more of the fight.
Nov 26, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2022
good episode, but overall feels like a boring season. like they're putting pieces in place to serve up something later, but nothing is getting served right now. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Certainly a big step up from bad, but still not at the level expected after the first season.
Nov 26, 2023 5:46 PM
Jul 2022
Interesting episode! Better CGI than the last one.
Nov 27, 2023 3:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh, that dragon is sure a hardcore foe and the fight at the end of the episode was scary... the goal was for Filo to be safe but now everyone is wounded :S At least Naofumi is stepping up
Nov 27, 2023 2:28 PM
Nov 2023
very good episode i like it
Nov 27, 2023 3:00 PM
Jun 2022
very good episode,not bad
Nov 27, 2023 3:40 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Amazing episode, Crazy fights, And I loved the character design of the demonic dragon
Nov 27, 2023 4:44 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to landofthekwt
One of the worst CGI dragons I have ever seen
@landofthekwt you haven't seen the bad cgi if this is bad to you, this a good cgi(not perfect but leagues away from the worst) check Gibiate and arifureta ( the first episodes, dropped at 3 episode) for acutally bad cgi
Nov 27, 2023 6:59 PM
Sep 2009
This is filler arc or not? Really bad arc
Nov 27, 2023 8:50 PM
Mar 2015
Reply to Momi55522
@landofthekwt you haven't seen the bad cgi if this is bad to you, this a good cgi(not perfect but leagues away from the worst) check Gibiate and arifureta ( the first episodes, dropped at 3 episode) for acutally bad cgi
@Momi55522 This is bad compared to the dragon in Arifuta
Nov 28, 2023 1:13 AM
Nov 2023
very good episode,i like it
Nov 28, 2023 5:22 AM
Nov 2023
good episode,i love it
Nov 28, 2023 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this unexpectedly got pretty tense.
But yeah, the previous episodes were chill so makes sense.

Let's see how this will end...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2023 3:20 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to MasterHavik
@Marinate1016 Bro I wouldn't be here if I didn't watch the other two seasons now would I? I say this as a fan of the show. I'm being honest with you. This season has been very shaky but it is a step up from season 2 but still isn't close to season 3. I also have done the digging on the adaption....I wouldn't say this is amazing work as a lot of stuff is getting skipped. Ren's redemption felt way too quick and Spear Hero is....just weird now. It's not bad at all but like I said before this is a small lunch not a full course meal.

We're getting close to too many character syndrome and Naofumi is being holier than thou Naofumi again while making idiotic decisions. Fucking Bitch is back...and well she just fucking sucks. I want to be on that hype train but right now, similar to Goblin Slayer S2, it just has been all right sadly.
@MasterHavik Let's be honest here, almost all volumes after volume 1 for this series pale in comparison.
There is a good bunch of them, and I expect volume 15 to be very climatic at the end (still have yet to finish it), but otherwise most volumes don't have that much going for themselves in terms of delivering IMPACT.

I'm of the opinion that S3 is adapting among the most boring volumes (Vol. 13-14 aren't that amazing either), whereas S2 arc had good to great volumes, only to meet a much worse adaptation. I love Atlas, she is the highlight of these volumes for me, rest was good to read but nothing special.
I would not fault people for finding this adaptation better than S2, but still missing some spice, it is the source material that is the problem.
(and dont get me starting on how lazy the writter has been since 2019 not putting out new volumes)

If this studios was serious with this series from the start and had paid due respect, season 1 would have been way better with this staff, and we would have gotten 25 episodes for S2 and proper battles, not that SHIT CG turtle and tons of skipped content.
PlaycoolNov 29, 2023 3:23 PM
Nov 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Playcool
@MasterHavik Let's be honest here, almost all volumes after volume 1 for this series pale in comparison.
There is a good bunch of them, and I expect volume 15 to be very climatic at the end (still have yet to finish it), but otherwise most volumes don't have that much going for themselves in terms of delivering IMPACT.

I'm of the opinion that S3 is adapting among the most boring volumes (Vol. 13-14 aren't that amazing either), whereas S2 arc had good to great volumes, only to meet a much worse adaptation. I love Atlas, she is the highlight of these volumes for me, rest was good to read but nothing special.
I would not fault people for finding this adaptation better than S2, but still missing some spice, it is the source material that is the problem.
(and dont get me starting on how lazy the writter has been since 2019 not putting out new volumes)

If this studios was serious with this series from the start and had paid due respect, season 1 would have been way better with this staff, and we would have gotten 25 episodes for S2 and proper battles, not that SHIT CG turtle and tons of skipped content.
@Playcool The content they fucked up for season 2 had me like, " Bro this could have been amazing!" They cut out some good character moments for Naofumi and legit really show the flaws of Itsuki as a hero. I'm happy season 3 isn't botch to high heaven but it is bring back problems I had with S1 with Holeir than thou Naofumi and Bitch competing for not worst anime villain but worst villain in modern animation history. Like there are villains from Powerpuff Girls and Steven Universe better than Bitch. I feel too much of this was a money game and fulfilling contracts. I feel what hurts the industry is too many of these people are looking for a check than caring about the material they are adapting. If they cared more they would make more money and not do all this stupid shit like we saw with S2. I'm happy with S3 but thank you for giving me insight on this boring content as it has been boring at times.

I'm still wondering what is up with spear hero. I also found Ren's babyface turn to be rushed. Like he went through a change but I feel Naofumi hasn't done enough to be supportive or helpful to two guys clearly mentally not there. As I look into the LNs more, I am starting to question how any of these four men save a world because they all have critical flaws that could get them killed. Naofumi's flaw is the narcissism. Like he needs his ass kissed constantly but legit will downplay or ignore his mistakes. I'm also not a fan of him giving out slave crests like candy because he still has trust issues. I'm kind of hoping if we ever get a full adaption we an anime original ending of all of them dying horror deaths because none of these "heroes" deserve to be treated like heroes.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 30, 2023 2:38 AM

May 2015
Classical episode, at least more impacting than the boring turtle arc in Season 2.
Nov 30, 2023 7:30 PM

Feb 2018
Dang it got out of hand pretty quickly. They be fighting a crazy raid boss that takes control of the system lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Dec 1, 2023 2:38 AM

Feb 2022
It feels like we're in filler at this point.
No idea if it is or isn't but this just feels on par with it.
Dec 1, 2023 7:23 AM

Oct 2017
That little girl is so brave, felt bad for her. Also that end, damn.
Dec 1, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2023
the best episode in the season
Dec 4, 2023 2:55 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to MasterHavik
@Playcool The content they fucked up for season 2 had me like, " Bro this could have been amazing!" They cut out some good character moments for Naofumi and legit really show the flaws of Itsuki as a hero. I'm happy season 3 isn't botch to high heaven but it is bring back problems I had with S1 with Holeir than thou Naofumi and Bitch competing for not worst anime villain but worst villain in modern animation history. Like there are villains from Powerpuff Girls and Steven Universe better than Bitch. I feel too much of this was a money game and fulfilling contracts. I feel what hurts the industry is too many of these people are looking for a check than caring about the material they are adapting. If they cared more they would make more money and not do all this stupid shit like we saw with S2. I'm happy with S3 but thank you for giving me insight on this boring content as it has been boring at times.

I'm still wondering what is up with spear hero. I also found Ren's babyface turn to be rushed. Like he went through a change but I feel Naofumi hasn't done enough to be supportive or helpful to two guys clearly mentally not there. As I look into the LNs more, I am starting to question how any of these four men save a world because they all have critical flaws that could get them killed. Naofumi's flaw is the narcissism. Like he needs his ass kissed constantly but legit will downplay or ignore his mistakes. I'm also not a fan of him giving out slave crests like candy because he still has trust issues. I'm kind of hoping if we ever get a full adaption we an anime original ending of all of them dying horror deaths because none of these "heroes" deserve to be treated like heroes.
@MasterHavik The fight with the turtle on the LN is amazing, it has a rather big scale, you feel it is an immense task, they cut tons of scenes of that for S2. There is one where Naofumi has to defend against the Turtle's beam attack and you feel the grim nature of it all, so that is something I wanted to see on S2, but they butchered it so much... not to say the writing in the LN is amazing, but it has its moments.

Besides, while reading the LN, what sells you the most is feeling like you are into RPG, at least with Naofumi's choices, the stuff he acquires, the monologues of what he acquired, etc. That is over time what I liked the most of the LN, since the best volume in terms of impact is the first one.

So while there a lot of slower-paced, more boring scenes, like Naofumi focusing on his territory and developing his "slaves", it is a mostly pleasant read due to the addictive nature it can get, when you go deep into the RPG aspects the series has, that you can see with the LN.
When I say RPG I don't mean about choices, but rather the MC getting new skills and weapons, etc.

There are a few isekais that are way better than Tate no Yuusha, quality of writing I feel ReZero or Mushoku Tensei have way more impactful and meaningful scenes and better character development, not to even touch the world-building.
But if you like gaming and RPGs, Tate's LN at one point can become addictive to read, but of course, it is not for everyone.
Dec 4, 2023 7:41 AM

Oct 2008
what a surprise! an absolutely intense episode!!!
of course there isn't any dragon who is weak and even Naofumi is gonna have to deal with it!
5/5.

Dec 8, 2023 3:26 AM
Dec 2022
This is one intense episode. Who would have thought the emperor dragon is here and unlocks all the wraith shield mode?
Dec 8, 2023 12:09 PM

May 2020
Not that they've less enemies in their own world, that they had to bring some dragon emperor from the other world, which may look CGI, but is a hardcore.

Again the action scenes looked good, to the point where it doesn't feel like we had the travesty which was the second season just a year ago.
Dec 8, 2023 8:55 PM
Jan 2021
This has turned back real quick!

So not only is Galieon out of control, but that has caused Filo to start losing levels and I don’t even wanna imagine what happens if Filo somehow goes below Level 1. Damn, all this due to the Dragon Core that is a mixture of the Dragon Zombie from Season 1 and the Emperor Dragon from Season 2 (one that I don’t really recall; I might go back through Season 2 to get a refresher).

And I can see why Wyndia seemed a little hostile toward Ren and kind of toward Naofumi. The Dragon Zombie was her father?! Damn that’s a dedicated father, but unfortunately he’s mixed with the Emperor Dragon and has gotten out of control and now he’s taken Filo as part of his flesh. Everyone except Naofumi seems to be out of the fight, so what the hell are they gonna do now?!?!?

Damn I can’t wait!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.