Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2023 4:45 AM
Mar 2009
alshu said:
"Why is my taste so bad ?"

Because you have personal preferences. Stop having such and anime will become sort of a chore, but people will view your taste...well not as good, but at least as decent.
It's your choice - fun or compliance to social cues.

Personally I have a horrible taste, but I don't really care what people think about it.
Thanks yeah for sure reason I love anime so much is there is so many types of them one could almost say there is always anime anime for some one. 
Jul 6, 2023 4:49 AM
Mar 2009
Curlybrace101 said:
I'm willing to bet it's because you are a person who doesn't prioritize writing and any messages/themes/etc. that come with it, and that's fine. You don't have to. If they make you happy then just like them. You can acknowledge that those who care more about writing don't like it and then move the fuck on and do what makes you happy. You only live once, spend it having fun.

Yeah I think so I mean I can agree with most people that some animes I love the writing is maybe not the best of the best but yet does animes makes me happy and entertained.  Like take  Shin Shinka no Mi  I can say fore sure that the writing is not epic but damn I think the creators know how stupid and silly the anime is and just go with it season 2 was not as good as the first one but I liked it allot becuse just went totally nuts on it. 
Jul 6, 2023 4:51 AM
Mar 2009
Serafos said:
I'm also a big fan of so-called hidden gems and underrated shows. I usually don't like popular shows too much.

I totally get you yeah I can enjoy popular shows but does lesser good ones are often the one that speaks to me the most.  
Jul 6, 2023 4:58 AM
Mar 2009
Pyro said:
Nobody should ever be insecure about the anime they like. Your taste is your own, so embrace it. Good or bad doesn't matter in the slightest because we all desire and value different things. Just because your feelings don't align with the majority doesn't mean it's a negative thing. My own feelings on new-gen anime in particular rarely side with the majority, and that's perfectly fine with me. As an older anime fan, I don't expect to have the same view or opinions as the new-gen crowd. Vice versa, as well.

Whenever I see someone who has the polar opposite taste to myself, "bad" never crosses my mind. The worst thought I get would be that it's boring. Whether I agree or disagree with someone's taste isn't important. What I find most interesting is if I can get a sense of personality from it. Anything distinct that says something about them. If you aren't true to yourself, then you're doing it wrong and that is incredibly boring.
Thanks allot.  Yeah and maybe it´s a good thing every one has different taste or it would be rather boring world if every one liked them same things.  

And yeah old anime is special they don´t make them how they used to be.  I for one miss shows like Slayers, or Battle ship Yamato our outlaw stars.   Man I miss old macross  the new one feelt like they focused more on Idol side rather than space opera it self which made me kind of sad.  
Jul 6, 2023 5:02 AM
Mar 2009
Pyro said:
Nobody should ever be insecure about the anime they like. Your taste is your own, so embrace it. Good or bad doesn't matter in the slightest because we all desire and value different things. Just because your feelings don't align with the majority doesn't mean it's a negative thing. My own feelings on new-gen anime in particular rarely side with the majority, and that's perfectly fine with me. As an older anime fan, I don't expect to have the same view or opinions as the new-gen crowd. Vice versa, as well.

Whenever I see someone who has the polar opposite taste to myself, "bad" never crosses my mind. The worst thought I get would be that it's boring. Whether I agree or disagree with someone's taste isn't important. What I find most interesting is if I can get a sense of personality from it. Anything distinct that says something about them. If you aren't true to yourself, then you're doing it wrong and that is incredibly boring.
Thanks does words means allot.  Yeah just got me think knowing that man I do love allot of these amine´s and felt like man people silently judge me. Like man that dude sure has shitty taste.  But it´s all proboly  just my imagination and no one rely gives a crap on what I watch. 
Jul 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
Depends on the context. I question some of the anime unique to my list.  You didn't watch Berserk? Kidou Senshi Gundam? Euphoria? Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers? Vampire Hunter D? Tekkon Kinkreet?
MAFTY - No Exceptions To The Rules
Jul 6, 2023 5:44 AM

Dec 2013
There are these things called factions. So here's me trying to make sense out of the senseless.

1st faction - we hate Isekai, just because.

2nd - we occasionally watch Isekai, some are less bad than others.

3rd - we don't like Isekai, but still watch every Isekai.

4th - there's to much Isekai, I'm tired of it. When will the next popular thing come.

I'm part of the 4th faction myself.
Jul 6, 2023 5:47 AM
Aug 2020
Number 1, you can't really have 'bad taste', just watch whatever anime you want to watch.

Number 2, you give everything a super high rating. I just looked at your profile and you have a mean rating of 8.26 despite having seen 800+ anime. That's crazy.
Jul 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Mar 2019
some animes just haten without fuckn reasons ... and besides that i think u are an old otaku thats why u start watching a kinda unknown animes that are haten or forgotten by the others 
but if u are enjoying keep fuckn going the important thing is getting the vibe maybe u see something in the anime that haters dont see 

Jul 6, 2023 6:06 AM
Mar 2009
FiberMenu said:
Number 1, you can't really have 'bad taste', just watch whatever anime you want to watch.

Number 2, you give everything a super high rating. I just looked at your profile and you have a mean rating of 8.26 despite having seen 800+ anime. That's crazy.

Haha what can I say most anime I seen I enjoyed allot for me the Rating is more how the anime made feel.   Not so much about the quality of said anime.  I know fully well how Dumb and silly Isekai wa Smartphone is and I still gave it 6  not becuse the quality  was great or story shake spare quality.  But becuse it made me laugh and feel happy.   So for me th rating is more like how did it make me feel. 
Jul 6, 2023 6:07 AM

Feb 2018
SwordBreaker36 said:
Why is my taste so bad?

Adnash said:
No, your taste is neither good nor bad. It's yours.

Hear, hear.

Everyone's taste is Different. rather often, Drastically So.

Say, for example, all of the irresistible, Candy-Coated-Succulent Anime Ladies out there to choose from...
and yet? i happen to personally hold one Konomi Yuzuhara above them all, -considering her my Wife, even-
a Woman quite ordinary, and even "Frumpy" contrasted against all these sparkly, magical Anime beauties to be found any way to Sunday.

That is Personal Taste, in Action.

Again, Everyone... -EVERYONE- has their personal tastes in life... and they can most often vary and contrast Dramatically, often without perceivable logic or reason...
MasterTasukeJul 6, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 6, 2023 6:17 AM
Mar 2009
camay1997 said:
Depends on the context. I question some of the anime unique to my list.  You didn't watch Berserk? Kidou Senshi Gundam? Euphoria? Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers? Vampire Hunter D? Tekkon Kinkreet?
I seen some of Berserk not all of it. I remember it earing on a TV channel here in Sweden and I I saw some episodes but kind of noticed it was a bit to dark for me which kind of Anoy me that im a bit to sensitive. The others I heard about but not seen. 
Jul 6, 2023 6:18 AM
Apr 2022
Sounds like your tastes are simple, you like anime that makes you feel happy and makes you laugh, nothing wrong with that. A lot of people have this idea that you need to be hypercritical about everything but anime is just entertainment at the end of the day, just focus on what you enjoy.
Jul 6, 2023 6:40 AM

Jan 2023
Everyone is going to have a different taste, that's just part of human nature. Yours is unique and your own, so don't worry much about "bad taste". Enjoy whatever you want to watch.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jul 6, 2023 7:14 AM
Mar 2009
Arioch- said:
Sounds like your tastes are simple, you like anime that makes you feel happy and makes you laugh, nothing wrong with that. A lot of people have this idea that you need to be hypercritical about everything but anime is just entertainment at the end of the day, just focus on what you enjoy.
yeah im a silly persson that´s a bit over sensitive or maybe over feeling.  Animes that are sad and super dark makes me feel sad for a long time and im  no fan of that.   While animes that makes me happy just makes me feel I wish I was a better person or that I could be as happy as them. 

Take my new Favorite anime  Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko that anime made so damn happy it and there is a moment in the anime when he cries out of happiness becuse he felt so loved made me cry my self and also feel envy.   But it also made me smile for ear to ear becuse it´s so wholesome. Also the fact that I love slims made the anime even better.   Hehe Loved slims ever sense I first played Ragnarok online years ago does damn poring's are so cute. 
Jul 6, 2023 7:48 AM

Feb 2021
I feel you man. Everyone I know irl trashes on my taste. It can be pretty sad. But in the end it's what you enjoy that counts. Plus you might someone find someone with similar tastes and share your joy of those shows. I know only one person in my city who loves Girls und Panzer too, so Im happy with that.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jul 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
jieanteater said:
I feel you man. Everyone I know irl trashes on my taste. It can be pretty sad. But in the end it's what you enjoy that counts. Plus you might someone find someone with similar tastes and share your joy of those shows. I know only one person in my city who loves Girls und Panzer too, so Im happy with that.
Do they all have weird taste or something? Your list seems super normal to me.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 6, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2009
LostSpectre said:
jieanteater said:

Well one could say I do have a bit of to many well less popular Isekai.   Like my nr 1 favorite right now by the grace of the good I remember reading some people comment is was a bad anime becuse nothing happens in it.  But I say allot of stuff happens in it but I guess people are not fan of slow life Anime´s hehe I love them for me slow life animes are like harvest moon/stardew avlley for games fun and relaxing and change of phase from action/rpg games. 
Jul 6, 2023 9:58 AM

Oct 2018
Correct, your taste is just bad. Not here to jerk your ego, maybe you should just move on from anime discussion and find another hobby to enjoy.
Jul 6, 2023 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
SwordBreaker36 said:
LostSpectre said:

Well one could say I do have a bit of to many well less popular Isekai.   Like my nr 1 favorite right now by the grace of the good I remember reading some people comment is was a bad anime becuse nothing happens in it.  But I say allot of stuff happens in it but I guess people are not fan of slow life Anime´s hehe I love them for me slow life animes are like harvest moon/stardew avlley for games fun and relaxing and change of phase from action/rpg games. 
Umm. No offense, but I didn't quote you. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 6, 2023 10:32 AM
Mar 2009
LostSpectre said:
SwordBreaker36 said:

Umm. No offense, but I didn't quote you. 
Sorry my bad I did not look properly.
Jul 6, 2023 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Dude! You got Outlaw Star on your favorites so it can't be that bad. You and I must have grown up watching that anime.
Jul 6, 2023 1:07 PM
Mar 2009
Kurt_Irving said:
Dude! You got Outlaw Star on your favorites so it can't be that bad. You and I must have grown up watching that anime.
Sor sure I grew up on Outlaw stars, Star zingers, Slayers, Banner of the stars,Trigun,Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabor, dominion tank police and ah my godess and so on. 

·
2 säsonger
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Jul 6, 2023 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
"bad taste" and "good taste" are just phrases made by people who need validation on their own opinion. As long as you enjoy your anime then it doesn't matter what public thinks about it.
Jul 6, 2023 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
This community rated Kakugo no Susume below 5, probably in the bottom 2% or 3% shows. The opinions of these people are meaningless UwU.

Enjoy what you're enjoying, even if it's terribad isekai shows.

@tym0n LMAO that sig. I saw the video and was like "great, everybody's going to troll us again". 3 days later on MAL...
Also this is what my playlist switched to when it noticed Misato:

@Swordbreaker36 It's not that bad if you loved Irresponsible Captain Tylor ;)
DeathkoJul 6, 2023 2:31 PM
Jul 6, 2023 2:51 PM
Apr 2021
If you like something, you'll like it for a reason, either you know it or not. Then maybe you have a bad reason, then you will grow out of it, or maybe you see something other don't, which means you are right! And If you can know that reason you can even convince others to not accept it but like it! That can take some philosophy mastery sometimes though.
Jul 6, 2023 7:40 PM

May 2019
A rating is nothing more than a popular opinion… keyword is Opinion.

There are no good or bad opinions, their all based on personal feelings… subjective.
Jul 6, 2023 8:46 PM

Oct 2008
Don't let anyone tell you what you like in anime is good or bad. Sometimes it happens on these forums, but pay no attention to it, those people are just immature and want you to feel as bad as them.

Brush it off and enjoy the things you enjoy!
Jul 6, 2023 10:15 PM

Jul 2014
Well, everybody has a taste so you do you babe :3

Jul 7, 2023 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
LostSpectre said:
Well, besides normal mainstream stuff. I like watching CGDCT, Slice of Life, Childcare and anime with interesting premises (e.g Uma Musume). Where I'm from, people usually enjoy Action, Romances and Drama. (or atleast the people I know irl. But I think my assessment is rather accurate.) So yeah, I'm all by myself here hehe.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jul 7, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2010
I can relate since, for example, I found Rent a Girlfriend the most entertaining romance anime I've seen to date, and the majority are shitting on it. Meanwhile, for them, Kaguya Love is War is the "peak" romance anime in recent times, and although I still gave it a high score, I was less entertained by it. Also, Kaguya reminded me of one of my exes, and that pissed me off a bit. How could the majority of people like such a girl? She's a nightmare to be in a relationship with. lol
Jul 7, 2023 7:39 AM

Jul 2022
Idk about you but my taste is either action/murder mystery or romance/high school daily life. Some people might find that cliche. It doesnt really matter at the end of the day because you have to live with your opinions while others dont. This life is so short to be worrying about what others think of you. Just do what makes you happy. Otherwise you are letting others influence you.
Jul 7, 2023 1:54 PM

Apr 2020
Whether their taste is shit, or their taste is perfect (mine), at the end of the day everyone has their own preferences, so my advice is to just move on. You also seem to be worried about what other people think? I understand that it's nice to have friends who enjoy the same things that you do, but it's impossible to find one person who is completely identical to you. If you really want to discuss an anime, go join its fandom and discuss it there. Are you normal? Technically not. But is there something wrong with you? Also not. Do you need to worry about it/try to "fix" your taste? No. Enjoy what you want to enjoy and live your own life however you please
TheDeathstormerJul 7, 2023 2:07 PM

"A single 'thank you' is worth more than a million sorries."
-𝐸𝓂𝒾𝓁𝒾𝒶
Jul 7, 2023 8:44 PM

Nov 2022
You taste is not bad, if you like Bikini Warriors or Dolls Frontline.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jul 7, 2023 10:22 PM
Sep 2021
ISeeLifePeople said:
Just watch this one pretty sure no one will be trashing ur taste anymore like it lmaooo
I know I haven't watched it yet, but shut the fuck up pal, it's not even that bad, the fuck is your problem. Also, to the person who made this thread, as someone who loves to watch a lot of trashy animes like isekais and other shit, it's better for you to not give a fuck about what others think. I'm so sick of people who only watch mainstream anime and don't dive deep into it and watch a lot of other stuff too. I'm tired of people being tired of isekais and wanting it to die. They're just a bunch of sick fucks who want everything to look like something mainstream like Attack On Titan. Whatever your taste is, who the fuck cares? Be who you are and don't care about what others think. It will only ruin the experience for you. I know I'm like you too. Watching animes I know are trash from the rating, but still watch it anyway, cuz I don't give two shits about what the community thinks. I still watch some good animes here and there and I also love to watch some underrated stuff too since these are anime that aren't known too well. No need to say you miss old anime as I am someone who watches both old and new anime. I don't keep up with what's new cuz I want to find other shit to watch. 
KanekiKen523Jul 7, 2023 10:31 PM
Jul 8, 2023 1:54 AM

Jun 2023
Son why do u care that much that someone else doesn't like a series u like. Just keep watching my g, the fact I might think u got poor taste shouldn't matter. Also, fuck isekai

I spared your life on a whim, nothing more.
Jul 8, 2023 2:39 AM

Apr 2022
The only thing that matters is that you like the series. 
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jul 8, 2023 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Bad taste is a universal perspective. Anyone who thinks your taste is bad likely have others who think there's is just as bad or even worse. So, just watch anime and enjoy whatever shows appeal to you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Jun 15

47 by CatSoul »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows?

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

43 by CatSoul »»
5 minutes ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - 2 hours ago

12 by Ohayotaku »»
6 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 9 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Today

58 by Malkshake »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.