Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2023 2:01 PM

Dec 2022
what a sad story almost made me tear but i was prepared
Jul 5, 2023 2:03 PM

May 2015
Oooh, I had a good feeling about this, and I already love it!
Jul 5, 2023 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
Shojo/Josei stans we are eating so good as of late. Been waiting for this adaptation for years now and Netflix clearly out a substantial amount of money into this. It looks unbelievably beautiful. Probably the best looking of any Kinema Citrus show.

Our introduction to Miyo and her home life is brutal. Heavy shades of Cinderella and Fruits Basket in this. I really want to see that sister of hers suffer the most unimaginably painful death because she is a massive bitch. Knowing full well your sister likes that guy and gleefully tearing them apart 🤢 and fuck the dad too for letting that woman talk shit about his dead wife and his daughter. I’d imagine that the dad probably married into a higher ranked family which is why the wife gets to boss him around much without him saying anything.

The montage of Miyo’s upbringing, her mom’s death and visiting that tree stump reminded me so much of Tohru from Furuba. She’s such a kind and pure soul and deserves nothing but happiness.

As my mom says, “people do things for evil and it turns out to be a blessing”. Them sending her away to another family looks like it’ll be the best thing they’ve ever given her.

We really might be witnessing the birth of a modern classic here. So hype
Marinate1016Jul 5, 2023 2:10 PM
Jul 5, 2023 2:10 PM
Aug 2020
The first episode was Interesting. A little bit of deja vu…

The animation and ost were good.

The story looks interesting.

I want to discover more
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 5, 2023 2:14 PM

Aug 2017
*John Mulaney voice* Awww he's ugly
Jul 5, 2023 2:24 PM
May 2023
Great introduction -loved the art work and the set up of the story.
Jul 5, 2023 2:26 PM
Jan 2023
benren said:
StormyW said:
Unpopular opinion, but I would have loved to binge watch this.

There's literally nothing stopping you from doing so at the end of the season when they would have released all 12 episodes at once
Just like there is nothing stopping people from watching one episode a week even when the entire series drop at once. See how that works.
Jul 5, 2023 2:27 PM
Jun 2021
KANLen09 said:
Netflix being a BIG W for once releasing this show weekly? BLESSINGS!

It can be said that Miyo Saimori isn't the most liked in her family, being treated like a slave. Though there're people like Koji Tatsushi, who will talk up to her and comfort her, he longs to save her from the vermins of the Saimori family with her biological father Shinichi, remarried wife Kanoko and along with her spoiled brat daughter of Kaya. Koji being nice to her is a godsend, though he does not want to be seen and affiliated to her from the others' view. And the perchance that Miyo is summoned to Shinichi's room to discuss about Koji's marriage proposition...to Kaya. Hopes be damned for Miyo expecting the worst, but her being wed to another man: the merciless Kiyoka Kudo, it's a damning message that they need to get rid of her quick and easy.

Koji feels bad for Miyo, because the arranged marriage proposition is forced on the youngsters, not being able to have a say in the matter. It may not be bad luck, but it's just fate that both Miyo and Koji were meant to be separated, and all Miyo had was the few things that remained with her, plus the Kimono that Shinichi wanted her to wear as a sign of departure. A house devoid of memories and the good life she once had since her mother's passing, that life being readied to move on to greener pastures to seek out the Kudo family and meet the fiancée-avoider Kiyoka, a beautiful man in the flesh.

The story that starts with a marriage, Kinema Citrus's premiere is just fantastic. Netflix's exclusive show may just very well be a contender for AOTS.

seeyoucme said:
Netflix will release all 12 episodes or they release 2 episodes per week?
It's a simulpub, so it releases every week, just like CR and Hidive.

Extremely rare Netflix W
Jul 5, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2021
that was a really sad first episode. i just don't understand how anyone could treat their kid like that, especially one as sweet and kind-hearted as miyo. i feel so bad for kouji too. being forced to marry someone he hates. and that someone he hates is the sister of the person he loves. really just driving the nail through the coffin with that.

she was right though about kiyoka being beautiful. i hope he treats her super well and it makes her family mad that the infamous cold hearted man ended up falling for her.
My 2023 candies:
Jul 5, 2023 3:26 PM
Jun 2019
I've loved the manga for a while now and the first episode did not disappoint, absolutely stunning.
Jul 5, 2023 3:40 PM
Jul 2022
Eu esperei muito pelo lançamento dessa obra em animação. Eu vou passar mal esperando a cada semana. 😵‍💫🫠
Jul 5, 2023 3:41 PM
Jul 2022
A animação está top, a dublagem está perfeita e a trilha sonora também! um excelente primeiro episódio!
Jul 5, 2023 3:44 PM
Nov 2020
seeyoucme said:
Netflix will release all 12 episodes or they release 2 episodes per week?

It’s one episode per week the second episode is on the 12th
Jul 5, 2023 3:54 PM
Sep 2021
netflix animes are always a unique experience in themselves so this should be an interesting watch. First episode was interesting, I'm getting mad cinderella vibes from this. Looking forward to next week's episode
Jul 5, 2023 3:56 PM

May 2014
Judging by how upbeat the servants were, I feel like Kudou can't be all as bad as he seems. I'm sure he's a nice guy deep down. Rip Kujou. Miyo has gotten the better man!

It seems Miyo's Dad did care for her when she was younger. Maybe the new wife and daughter made him change his tune.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes~

Jul 5, 2023 4:28 PM
Sep 2012
chorei logo no primeiro, me cativou completamente
Jul 5, 2023 4:31 PM
Jul 2021
It was a great first episode and the visuals in the anime are so pretty! Glad Miyo got herself a husband that will probably treat her better than her own family. I don't know how to describe it but love the historical setting a lot, and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
haetbitminiJul 5, 2023 4:37 PM
Jul 5, 2023 4:51 PM

Jan 2021
Never thought I'd would hate a character voiced by Ayane Sakura this much, but it happened. Kaya just gets on my nerves so much.
Feel really, really bad for Miyo. She had such a shitty childhood. Her stepmom and half sister hating her is understandable (as the story was aiming for a Cinderella-esque approach), but the fact that her father treats her like a servant is just too much.
Its sad how they tried to wipe out any traces of her mom's existence, like cutting of that tree and throwing away all the clothes that Miyo had. Her only hope was Koji with whom she could smile and be happy, but even that was taken away from her, as he got engaged to her shitty sis.
Good thing that she got away from her home, but whether she would find happiness with Kiyoka Kudo, time will tell. She definitely was charmed by him (He's such an ikemen and Kaito Ishikawa's voice makes him even hotter).
Jul 5, 2023 5:01 PM
Sep 2017
I'd read a volume of the manga a long time so my memory is vague of the details. I've been waiting for the anime to air since the first announcement. The first episode does not disappoint my high expectations, rather exceeds my experience of the manga.

It was a crushing backstory. Whats worse is that it's not something thats just a figment of imagination.
1. Her mother's untimely death was tragic but we see her father being quite fatherly until the stepmom coming in. How he turned from a person who was holding onto his crying daughter to one who treats and allows his family to treat her worse than a servant is horrifying.
2. Her stepmom, to hold on to a grudge of her husband loving his previous wife for so many years? to systematically erase every sign of her, her belongings, her tree, her child... I actually feel sorry for how twisted and tiny her heart has become. If she had any humanity she could've made the family into something else entirely.
3. I'm not gonna blame the spoilt brat of a little sister she has, people like this tend to dig their own graves with an effort, zeal and blindness that can only baffle any onlooker to the point of hilarity.
4. And here we have the textbook simp who gets friendzoned because he does not have the courage and commitment to do what needs to be done. Sadly he seems to still have a great deal of room to grow and to grow up but the question does arise in my mind if "wanting to go back to how they used to be laughing together" and "wanting to help her" qualify as him seeing her as a genuine romantic interest? Isn't it common sense for a humane person to see her situation is unjust and to sympathize her plight? In that case him marrying her would not be the most sensible path to take... But, we'll see.

Phew, that was nice to get off my head.
Jul 5, 2023 5:09 PM
Jan 2017
Liked the anime, it reminded me of Taisho Otome Fairy Tales, but it's the opposite that the girl is actually who had a horrible past, can't wait to see the romance and good life between that couple <3
Jul 5, 2023 5:09 PM

Feb 2017
There's literally nothing stopping you from doing so at the end of the season when they would have released all 12 episodes at once[/quote]Just like there is nothing stopping people from watching one episode a week even when the entire series drop at once. See how that works.[/quote]

Sure, except one is waiting 3 months by preference, the other is waiting 3 months by force
Jul 5, 2023 5:24 PM
Apr 2023
this seems to share lots of similarities with Taisho Otome Fairy tale, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since that show was good, but I'd like to see it do its own thing.
Jul 5, 2023 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
Had to pull out the tissues already. 
I forsee this will torture me every week waiting for the next episode...it's so good like movie-quality (so far, in my opinion)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 5, 2023 5:57 PM

Feb 2008
Firechick12012 said:
RealNath said:
I have a question tho. Why did Kouji's dad tell  Miyo's dad to have Miyo engaged with Kiyoka? Since he (Kouji's dad) wants to fulfill his son's wish for Miyo to be happy, why did he doubled the work instead of just engaging him with Miyo?
As someone who's read the light novels, all I can tell you without spoiling things is that he's not actually doing it because he actually cares about Miyo or wants to get her with Koji, but because he has his own agenda.
True. Just a correction for RealNath, Kouji's dad said "Kazushi" not "Kiyoka". I don't know if it's spoilers, but you can just look at the character list on Kazushi's family name.
Jul 5, 2023 6:00 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! Miyo had an entire life made of suffering... she is not able to expect from Kiyoka to be the turning point of her life.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 5, 2023 6:04 PM

May 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the first time Netflix releases a simulcast with its dub on the same day 
They upped their game! I wish they did this for Vinland Saga too
Jul 5, 2023 6:24 PM

Dec 2018
Kaya's blondness really stood out and made me wonder what the heck was going on, but I think the new mother is intended to be European, so she might be bringing blonde genes in that way...?  I doubt she's been dying her hair since she was a toddler, lol. 
it's a pretty basic cinderella story so far, so I wonder how it'll stand out.
Jul 5, 2023 6:34 PM
Jul 2022
I have specific things that I wish to have happen to each of the family members:

Kaya: I hope Kaya is brutally beaten in every way, shape, and form. I hope she catches AIDS and fucking dies at 25 years old.

Kanoko: I hope the bitch fucking dies in a car crash and descends to the lowest level of hell

Shinichi: I hope he gets kidnapped, beaten, drawn and quartered, and buried in 69 different places. All while being livestreamed on Twitch.

Miyo: I wish Miyo nothing but a happy, wholesome, fulfilling life. I hope she has plenty of cute kids and dies at a ripe old age, laughing at her family's agony as they burn in hell

I'm totally not invested at all. I'm also totally not a fucking psychopath
Jul 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Jul 2019
It feels weird watching this adaptation as a former Novel reader of this series. Gotta say the production and designs are pretty solid.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Dec 2022
What an emotional draining episode. She could not catch a break after her mom died. Her dad treated her like a stranger her step mom and sister made her into their maid and treated her like trash for no reason. Well the good news is when you're at your lowest there's no where to go but up from here on out.
Jul 5, 2023 6:55 PM

Oct 2022
I feel bad for Kouji he really did like Miyo now he'll have to deal with her annoying af sister.
Jul 5, 2023 7:01 PM

Jun 2021
i really like this anime so far. the art is so pretty! it's nice to hear a familiar voice for miyo. reina ueda was def a good choice for her va. i can't wait to get more of this anime!
also, what really ticked me off is how miyo's family treats her like a servant and calls her the "embarrassment" of the family just because she has a different mother from her sister. like why do people treat the child as if it's their fault for being born???
Jul 5, 2023 7:06 PM

Apr 2022
now that was a really good first episode, even better than i thought. netflix with the W damn. this is definitely gonna becomes one of my favorites of the season.
visuals looked great, music was nice, i don't mind the cinderella story at all, the historical setting reminds me a lot of 'the handmaiden', and i'm gonna look forward to this every week.
Jul 5, 2023 7:39 PM
Oct 2021
i want to binge this one rn😭😭
Jul 5, 2023 7:49 PM
Jul 2023
So far so good, im hoping so much
Jul 5, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2022
I enjoyed this more than I thought. Hopefully he can fix her from all the trauma she has been through with that dogshit family. Especially the dad for doing nothing, what kind of father would let their daughter be treated like this?? Hopefully they get what they deserve in the future.
Jul 5, 2023 8:08 PM

Oct 2022
This is sad yet pretty common for high class folks... Like they would only think about the future of their family that they can be blind to the current time. Like their eye only set for the future far beyond what they currently living.

Jul 5, 2023 8:44 PM

Oct 2019
i'm really looking forward to this anime. based on the novel's response, i think it's my most anticipated this season. so far the anime itself looks beautiful and they've done a good job showing emotion through color, the scene between her and koji was painful. the voice acting also seems so delicate and purposeful which i like. 10/10 episode in my opinion. i hope it can pan out to be a 10/10 series. 

Jul 5, 2023 8:56 PM
Mar 2021
I think they missed an important point of the marriage which is that the reason Miyo was married into the Kudo family was because they were known to be extremely cold and cut off from society. They thought that would suffer under Kudo, but I don't think the anime put enough emphasis on that.
Jul 5, 2023 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
Better than the expected story line
Jul 5, 2023 9:27 PM

Mar 2007
So it's basically a Japanese Cinderella story, right?

Lovely visuals, I already felt angry for her since it's clear the parents have a golden child and it's not her.

I wonder why all the other fiancee's ran off from the handsome ML.
Jul 5, 2023 9:39 PM

Nov 2022
Miyo Saimori is one of those unfortunate children only meant for an arranged marriage... This dad does not even care if the dude who will have her have bad rumours. All he wants is some connection with them.

Considering this is a shoujo anime I can expect that the main dude actually nice. He just let all the girls who doesn't love him go.
Jul 5, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2015
I'm getting big Fruits Basket vibes from this. From the final scene I can tell this will be about the mc's growth under her new husband.
If she married the other guy there wouldn't be a story to tell.
Jul 5, 2023 9:48 PM

Oct 2022
Interesting. I thought it might be average but it seems quite promising. Can't wait for next episode!
UndefeatedBahamut
Jul 5, 2023 10:02 PM

Mar 2011
A very good start in my opinion. The scenery and music are fitting the atmosphere perfectly *-*. It was an amazing first episode and first meeting of the two main characters.

No matter how I look at it I'll always dislike Miyo's family... (well, needless to say).

I feel like Miyo looks a little different from the manga here but I don't have any complaints about it. I'm looking forward to future episodes and seeing their relationship blossom <3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jul 5, 2023 10:15 PM

Dec 2022
I see lots of potential in this anime look forward to the next ep. Those Family members of Miyo are a bunch of stupid Frickin asssholes, she doesn't deserve that type of treatment at all given the kind and sweet person she is, she deserves all the happiness and love that that guy could give her...
Jul 5, 2023 10:21 PM

Oct 2022
So far so good.

That part of flashback when she was still a child, then lost her mom, her dad remarried, and she become a servant, ngl that was sad and I almost teared up for some reason....
Jul 5, 2023 10:25 PM
Mar 2015
Basically our gril is Cinderella  with an evil step mother and step sister who sent her away from the house to marry the handsome prince  in exchange the step sister is married to boy she likes
Jul 5, 2023 10:31 PM
Mar 2022
what a first episode, it was so great :')
Jul 5, 2023 10:41 PM

Nov 2022
Damn, feel sad the way they treated Miyo. Screw this family.

I hope she gets some type of revenge or she stands up to them at some point.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This is the most watched anime franchise on Netflix in second half of 2023.

RealNath - May 29

13 by Howlitee »»
Yesterday, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

100 by OtomeinHell »»
May 29, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Marinate1016 - Sep 6, 2023

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

83 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.