Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2022 10:09 AM
Nov 2021
masterpiece of an episode. The fight scenes were good and the last few minutes were quite funny
Nov 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Nuking the entire place was definitely overkill but the fight itself was satisfying. The rejection at the end was brutal though.

May 2021
This was Peak ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
May 2021
CrystaLyse said:
Did he just killed Alexia. I don't see the reason to...

No, Alexia Killed him ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 2, 2022 10:13 AM
May 2021
sotlganihai said:
where did the blood come from? ;-;

Alexia Attacked Cid ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 2, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh dude literally went "atomic" and nuke an entire district. Like he didn't even consider people minding their own business there, I don't think MC cares for someone unless they can at least withstand a nuclear bomb.
In the shine of MC magnificent power display its easy to miss that they copied attack on titan for one minute. This is truly and anime of all time 100/10
sezbian lex
Nov 2, 2022 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
I AM ATOMIC

and that all i wanna say
Nov 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2020
Cid is a badass on the show.
Nov 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2014
"Atomic" made me lol. Tho I guess he doesn't care much about collateral damage?
Alexia getting rejected was expected. Blood splatter was not. Seeing a new girl appeared already I guess our princess has finished her role and we won't see her much anymore? I'm a bit disappointed she didn't recognize Cid down there. Would be a fun complication.
Speaking of girls, I really wish we had an episode or two dedicated to the Shadow Garden members. We get to see them for only short amounts of time, but with them being only ones who know about Cid it's a bit sad that they are pretty much some background characters. I mean, we even get end cards with those girls... As a watcher I should feel more connection to them imo.
Nov 2, 2022 10:36 AM
May 2015
OMG!! what was that?!!! I can't beleive what I saw holy moly it's so f*** GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT " I AM ATOMIC "
Nov 2, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 2021
Best episode so far, and very good, shadow is so OP in this world, and the fight was all flex. Enjoyed it.
I give it 8/10.
Nov 2, 2022 10:44 AM
Mar 2018
I AM ATOMIC!!! damn the hype was worth it
Nov 2, 2022 10:46 AM
Sep 2021
sotlganihai said:
where did the blood come from? ;-;

You'll see later ๐Ÿ˜
Nov 2, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2021
this was sooo gooddd! alpha gracefully taking down that 'monster' and delta is so cute. also, "I am Atomic" hit the spot.

here we go again
Nov 2, 2022 10:55 AM
Oct 2021
my man aint no simp
Nov 2, 2022 10:56 AM
Mar 2018
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.
pasanoid said:
Miraikane said:

why you still watch if you hate?

is it that hard to stay away from anime you hate?

You know, it's so easy for me to stay away from anime I don't like.
already dropped it, thanks for nothing. was just my way of saying goodbye to it

Wow so negative lmao
Nov 2, 2022 11:02 AM

Feb 2021
fun fact the obliterated guy didn't get to know what 'I am Atomic' means ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Nov 2, 2022 11:06 AM
Aug 2021
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

He dumped her because he wants to be a background character and a background character can't be dating a Princess.
Nov 2, 2022 11:08 AM
Oct 2017
Great animation and plot in this one
Nov 2, 2022 11:13 AM
Apr 2021
ryoko6 said:
this was sooo gooddd! alpha gracefully taking down that 'monster' and delta is so cute. also, "I am Atomic" hit the spot.

here we go again

They even put "genderbent" Astolfo in this show ๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 2, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2018
My only complaint is that they keep fighting in random hallways instead of trying to do something interesting with the background.

I do like how they went about showing cid's fighting style, of him just like walking past them and doing clean swings. Be good if the bluray release gets some more animation, but it's still a lot better than most shows.
Nov 2, 2022 11:14 AM
Oct 2019
"I am Atomic."
Seeeeshhhhh

Holy Shit look at the size of the crater LMAO

this week ED visual was Delta, damn look at those side boba and feet.
Nov 2, 2022 11:14 AM

Apr 2021
Another great episode.
Nov 2, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2021
flashy episode.

bro went all out and showed everyone who's the MC of the show. he really is the almighty.

the part where alexia got turned down though lmao, she can't take rejections very well.

new girl next episode. she was cute.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 2, 2022 11:17 AM
Aug 2021
ThirteenEleven said:
"Atomic" made me lol. Tho I guess he doesn't care much about collateral damage?
Alexia getting rejected was expected. Blood splatter was not. Seeing a new girl appeared already I guess our princess has finished her role and we won't see her much anymore? I'm a bit disappointed she didn't recognize Cid down there. Would be a fun complication.
Speaking of girls, I really wish we had an episode or two dedicated to the Shadow Garden members. We get to see them for only short amounts of time, but with them being only ones who know about Cid it's a bit sad that they are pretty much some background characters. I mean, we even get end cards with those girls... As a watcher I should feel more connection to them imo.

"Wish we had an episode or two dedicated to the Shadow Garden members"

Writer: "Hold my beer."
Nov 2, 2022 11:18 AM
Nov 2016
I m so glad I was using earphones while watching this episode 'I am Atomic' wooooww that was cool.
Nov 2, 2022 11:36 AM

May 2021
"I AM.. atomic" Holy shit, ASMR, isn't it? Fucking awesome.

"Why haven't you revealed your identity?!" - I dunno, maybe use those damned eyes you have got.

Nov 2, 2022 11:46 AM
Oct 2017
Most of the episode seemed to be played completely straight. Where was the funny?
Nov 2, 2022 11:50 AM
Nov 2016
The anime started great but it is worst with each episode, there are all these girls with no development that I don't know anything about and don't care about, the comedy is mediocre, the plot is almost inexistent and the animation is mediocre as well. The first episode was great, with good character development for both the characters that appeared, good animation, and an interesting plot, before that it is getting worst with each episode.
Nov 2, 2022 11:54 AM
Mar 2020
I... Am... *whispers* atomic.
Nov 2, 2022 11:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kudo's to Iris for showing her might but it was Alpha that really proved herself with her strike. If anything Alpha's strike really showcased the skill that Shadow garden's operatives possess. The fight between Cid and would be council member though was pretty good. Even the most basic of styles can be lethal when used at the right point in time. Funny in that the cult is essentially one formed of druggies. As technique names go I am Atomic was a damm good one but one that showed well Cid's power. In the end im glad that both Alexia was safe and that she was able to realize just how much Iris actually cared for her. In the aftermath looks like we have some fools that picked the worst team to steal credit from. After this incident I think its safe to assume that a large part of the knight order are gonna turn out to be cultists but im curious to see what Iris and her team would discover.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 11:57 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Atomic?

Well, I supposse that I guy super-strong, he can do what he wants or get too bored, just like the manga creator when draw and think this development!!! kekeke
Nov 2, 2022 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
The ASMR touch was nice. Really drove home the I AM ATOMIC joke. Would've been way too corny without it.
FMmatronNov 2, 2022 12:28 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2022 12:17 PM

Feb 2021
So I am atomic scene is finally here and it was pretty well done.

Guess the anime didn't wanna bother having the members of Shadow Garden wear masks...

In the end we got to see a bit of Sherry so that was nice, excited to see how they will do the next arc.
Nov 2, 2022 12:18 PM
May 2021
RoGan4Fun said:
"I am atomic..." Was better than I was expecting!

Ngl that line was a bit cheesy, completely unexpected
Mar 2015
so unpredictable, I love this show. And I usually don't like anime where the MC is OP
Feb 2019
Great episode. Seeing Cid finally start to slowly show the cards he himself is working with is great. Alpha was also able to come in and mercifully end the suffering of that person as well.
Nov 2, 2022 12:20 PM

Jun 2021
Ok so the pink haired girl is clearly interested in him.
Despite having all those blood onto him, maybe she thinks it sexy?! Maybe she's a nympho or something then the other...

Still Alexia has a better chance with him. But I wonder how Akane (the girl from the 1st ep) felt about him....

Will read the manga now and wait for the anime to coop up to 5/6 episodes.

I will be back [~Terminator]
Yandere_@lover
Nov 2, 2022 12:24 PM
Jul 2011
It was nice to see Cid and Zenon duel even though we would know the result, but it was cool to watch the power's difference, I thought Alexia would join the group now. But maybe in the future
Nov 2, 2022 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
Bro thinks he’s Batman ๐Ÿ’€
Nov 2, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
When he said "I am atomic" I really felt that.
Nov 2, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 2020
"Im the one who saves from the shadows". Destroys thoulsands of lives by blowing up a couple of city blocks.
"I am atomic" line was a bit cringe.
Characters including main are dull and unbelievably powerful. By that i mean you dont believe in the characters strengths. Over explaining everything when you without problems can see and understand what is happening. "I will take these pills and become mega strong" but said over 4+ sentances. He takes pills and becomes mega strong. Just bad overall. I cant complain about the animation. The animation is pretty good except there are some mistakes that are obviously hidden from the viewers eyes with a bit of lazy touch up. Sound and music was good and satisfying. Disapointing
Nov 2, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2010
Its what i'd expect but it felt like there was something missing ._.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 2, 2022 12:35 PM

May 2018
Now that was a bit too atomic!
Nov 2, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2020
viperhc said:

Nope you are not overthinking. It was just very bad writing. extremely over the top and goes against everything the character is said to represent and be. Just very bad. Not hating the series. I like the concept but its just so... bad...
Nov 2, 2022 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
Awesome episode, nothing important was cut, all according to the light novel
Nov 2, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2020
MCHKenshin said:
viperhc said:

had to go through 5 mins of work just to correct your one point , what is my life coming to

He still destroyed the life of all those people living there by destroying their homes, workplaces, infrastructure to the city, military in the area. Its just bad writing and over the top execution for no reason and going against what the main character is trying to do. just bad...
Nov 2, 2022 12:44 PM
Jun 2021
absolutely loved this episode! Especially the part where he goes "I AM ATOMIC" and she falls in love with her sword style, kind of wish she figured out that was him, but I understand why she didn't and CANNOT wait for the next ep! I wish I cud give this anime above a 10 rating!
Nov 2, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2020
..... "His swordplay is exactly as mine and this other dude that fights overly regular. He is also about the same body type and hair color and voice" The people who wrote this need to be fired
Nov 2, 2022 12:52 PM
Sep 2019
This episode had some great tops but also great bottoms where it was pretty mediocre. Overall great episode but expected something... well at least a bit more because the previous episode was great and all and it did deliver hype but this one didn't live up to that hype. That's all.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.